Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

9 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

I was also playing until my PS4 soft bricked due the ps4 update

Can you fix it?

Sorry for the double post, couldn't figure out how to edit in a quote.

Edit: Oh, new page so I guess it's not as bad lol.

Edited by Chadouken
1 hour ago, Chadouken said:

Can you fix it?

Sorry for the double post, couldn't figure out how to edit in a quote.

Edit: Oh, new page so I guess it's not as bad lol.

No idea, now i am waiting for the next update to see if they unfuck their shit. 

Is not the 1st time this happens (not to me but in general) where the soft brick consoles with their updates and that are fixed with the next one. 

4 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

I played because Disney characters in an RPG with some rando animuu characters. I didn't care for any of the FF characters in it

For me it was the other way around, I Played because FF characters in an RPG with some rando animuu characters, I didn't care for any of the Disney characters in it. 

Disney themed stages, cool. The Disney characters can largely go fuck off. Other than a few outliers most of the Disney characters to me in KH were the dumb anime NPCs that did shit in the game and didn't advance the plot. 

the story got worse as time goes on.

I felt it was already crap by the time KH II came around. That 3 hour mandatory tutorial with it's convoluted back story that got narrated to you.
And fuck this, "you got to play Chain of Memories" Bull shit. I found that thing nearly unplayable. Metal Gear AC!D was the better Chain of Memories, as you can actually follow the story, knew what the cards, and I didn't need to play 2 other games to get the plot. 

I lost interest years ago and by the time we were getting the 3rd game...I was playing other games.

For me when the DS and PSP games came out I lost interest. I didn't want to play a bunch of side games that didn't advanced anything that not till KH III did I found out they were "Important" to the plot. Fuck that Noise. 

5 hours ago, RegH81 said:

I've been at my job for 10 years as of this month. My friend who started working there about a year ago is someone I've known for 15 years and he got me a 10th anniversary gift.

https://www.instagram.com/p/COKZSHjFvMc/

Anyone got any tips? It's my first time.

blush awww GIF

I just started my first run of the game ever on the switch version so if you want to coop let me know. Early game in Souls is rough lol!

2 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Early game in Souls is rough lol!

Man...

I'm having the conversation with a couple homies right now, actually. A friend of mine who is absolutely terrible at all things video games (i'm not usually the 'git gud scrub' type, but he's god awful at everything) has been trying to beat DS3 for at least 3 years now. I told him to switch to BB. Not because it's easier, but the early game is fun. 

He's still in the early game of DS3 btw. Maybe 3 or so bosses in 

12 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Man...

I'm having the conversation with a couple homies right now, actually. A friend of mine who is absolutely terrible at all things video games (i'm not usually the 'git gud scrub' type, but he's god awful at everything) has been trying to beat DS3 for at least 3 years now. I told him to switch to BB. Not because it's easier, but the early game is fun. 

He's still in the early game of DS3 btw. Maybe 3 or so bosses in 

Imo the reason why Souls early game is so rough is because your character is grade A dogshit always whereas in Bloodborne, you get a pretty capable character with access to great weapons from the jump, you can just get ohko'ed if you're not careful. I can't speak for DS3 but 1 & 2 take awhile at least on your first run. At least you have a shield though. You have to learn to roll right or parry in Bloodborne and that can be tough. 

Your character is only grade A dog shit in Souls early game because you don't know what you are doing. I can get OP in Dark Souls 1 in 10 minutes and I don't even need the Thief Key Starter Kit. 

I mean no offense by this but your character isn't dog shit...you are. Souls is really a knowledge based game. It's what you know that makes the experience easier. 

Edited by RSG3
6 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I mean no offense by this but your character isn't dog shit...you are.

blackish anthony anderson GIF by HULU

6 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Souls is really a knowledge based game. It's what you know that makes the experience easier. 

I think this is the biggest reason I'm not into DS, cause that's what a lot of people have told me. I like when games can be optimized and exploited if you want to take the time to research and read and find answers on wikis and forums, but at the same time I like when a game is still survivable and lets you figure stuff out for a few hours so you can figure it out in the game. 

8 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

I think this is the biggest reason I'm not into DS, cause that's what a lot of people have told me. I like when games can be optimized and exploited if you want to take the time to research and read and find answers on wikis and forums, but at the same time I like when a game is still survivable and lets you figure stuff out for a few hours so you can figure it out in the game. 

You can figure Souls out on your own. It's not that complicated. You'll probably miss some gear and some "secret" areas but that's mostly it. It's more like knowing the ZwieHander is in the Graveyard just outside Firelink Shrine and can bulldoze a lot of situations for you for a minimum lvlup cost. Or knowing that you only lose souls when you die so it's ok to lvlup and then suicide run for gear you know you'll probably die getting but whatever because you get to keep the gear if you die and only lose easily replaceable souls, or how to run down the Catacombs quickly while avoiding fights so you can kill the first boss down there easily and get a Boon that will help you the ENTIRE GAME. Or shit get Nitos Gravelord Sword while you are down there to and ditch the Zwie. All of this stuff can be done in the first 10 minutes of Dark Souls 1. 

That's what I mean by knowledge. Your character is honestly pretty buff early game you just don't know how to utilize him correctly yet. 

As an example beating DS1 at Soul Level 1 really isn't half as hard as it sounds like if you just go the Pyromancy Route and build a strong Pyro Weapon. Its still pretty hard cuz yoy are a glass canon but its well more then doable for almost anyone willing to put ib the time. 

11 minutes ago, Wellman said:

Two plus years after release and now Nintendo adds online support to Super Mario Party?

Got to guess someone did it because of the pandemic because this is way too long for this to have been planned or on a development schedule.

It is very weird. If I had to guess, they wanted to wait until the online was changed. It apparently uses the same thing Monster Hunter Rise is using. Still is very late though.

2 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

You can figure Souls out on your own. It's not that complicated.

I know, homie, I did. 

I also beat BB on my own, and it was a way better experience for me. I forced myself through DS1 cause it was 2012, I was a sophomore in college who was newly single and I had the free time. When I got through it, I realized I didn't really have fun, so I swore off of Fromsoft stuff. 

Then BB dropped for free, I picked it up and ended playing one of my favorite games of all time. 

36 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Your character is only grade A dog shit in Souls early game because you don't know what you are doing. I can get OP in Dark Souls 1 in 10 minutes and I don't even need the Thief Key Starter Kit. 

I mean no offense by this but your character isn't dog shit...you are. Souls is really a knowledge based game. It's what you know that makes the experience easier. 

Why do I have to put umpteen level points into End to be able to have enough iframes to roll basic stuff? That's dogshit. 

Early game isnt so bad to me in Dark Souls.  I mean, if you go to a place where the bad guys are mad buff you can spend a shit load of time whittling them down instead of killing them with a hit or two.  And of course you'll die in one shot.  So dont go there.  

Hardest part for me in DS games is still not falling to my death.  I always die way more from falling than from any enemy.

Edited by Faltimar the Dark
49 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Why do I have to put umpteen level points into End to be able to have enough iframes to roll basic stuff? That's dogshit. 

Because you are playing Dark Souls 2 and it has a shitty Agility stat that was never brought back after that game because it's a shitty stat. That only applies to DS2. In all other Fromsoft Souls game Iframes are a flat window and END has nothing to do with your ability to roll through something. Just how much endurance you have to keep performing actions like rolling. 

Edited by RSG3
9 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Because you are playing Dark Souls 2 and it has a shitty Agility stat that was never brought back after that game because it's a shitty stat. That only applies to DS2. 

I'm playing dsr and was told that that applies to this game too. It's that not the case?

I didn't think the difficulty was too bad in the early game of DS1.  It took figuring out that Endurance increases your Equipment Load stat, and rolling speed is directly tied to that.  When I first started as a knight I had a full set of armor and rolled like a fucking fat ass.  So I took some armor off until I grinded out my Endurance stat to be able to have heavier equipment and still be able to roll faster, and it made the game much more enjoyable.

Also, and more importantly, learning the timing for parrying is the single most significant skill you can master.  If you get that down, I've found you don't have to roll as much, and it opens up the fuckheads for an easy attack with the riposte.

Edit: Fuck, now I want to go back and kill the fuck out of that gaping cunt dragon.  But I'm in the middle of Outriders.  Too many games and not enough time to play them.

Edited by Chadouken
Because posting about Dark Souls made me want to play Dark Souls.
2 hours ago, KingTubb said:

It does let you do both of those things. You gain knowledge by playing the game. You only really need to look stuff up for esoteric endings and secrets, but even then you might still find some on your own anyway

Hit me at work. If you are playing DS1 and want to make you Invul window slightly bigger and want to roll faster then equip light weight armor (You need to be under 35 equip burden if i remember right) and equip the Dark Wood Grain Ring and flip around like a fucking ninja. Only waw to mess with the Invul Window in DS1. Thats through a piece of gear tho, and not stat manipulation. 

Sadly the Dark Wood Grain Ring never makes a come back. Profound Sadness....shit was kinda cheap tho lmao. 

Edited by RSG3
8 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Where do you get said ring? 🤨

Kill the invisible Ninja in the Dark Root Garden and pick it up off his corpse. This is easiest by joining the near by cat covenentant so none of the forst assassins will target you. Then kick the ninja off the near by cliff, reload your game and pick the ring up off his corpse. 

There are ther ways to get it off him but this is the easiest method. Just remember the second you betray the cat cov by attacking them they will all Aggro you. Grabs your ring and beat feet. 

1 minute ago, JHDK said:
1 minute ago, RSG3 said:

Kill the invisible Ninja in the Dark Root Garden and pick it up off his corpse. This is easiest by joining the near by cat covenentant so none of the forst assassins will target you. Then kick the ninja off the near by cliff, reload your game and pick the ring up off his corpse. 

There are ther ways to get it off him but this is the easiest method. Just remember the second you betray the cat cov by attacking them they will all Aggro you. Grabs your ring and beat feet. 

1 minute ago, JHDK said:

It got nerfed into a turgid turd that does not float levels of shit.

While the ring did get a nerf, this is an over exaggeration, its still an incredibly strong piece of kit. 

Man quotes on this website are so fucking weird. The first paragraph is Chadouken. The second respond is for Chad but is a reponse to Jabs. 

Edited by RSG3
1 minute ago, RSG3 said:

While the ring did get a nerf, this is an over exaggeration, its still an incredibly strong piece of kit. 

Man quotes on this website are so fucking weird. The first paragraph is Chadouken. The second respond is for Chad but is a reponse to Jabs. 

Eh.

It got nerfed bad enough that I'd much rather poise shit to death rather than be a half-ass flop-positive samurai.

And the site seems to do that when a notification is loading.

1 hour ago, JHDK said:

It got nerfed bad enough that I'd much rather poise shit to death rather than be a half-ass flop-positive samurai.

Hey Big Daddy Poising through everything is a shit load of fun to. I've done and do both and find them both pretty fun. Considering this is Mario and Chad first time through DS1 they don't even know what they are missing with the needed ring so it doesn't really matter to them in the long run. Long as the gear isn't garbage they should have fun regardless and the ring isn't garbage it's just not OP anymore lol. 

Well, some footage

and of course it occasionally looks like the gameplay of someone who hasn't actually played video games in some years. 🤣  At least it isn't as shameful as that dude who took forever just to finish the tutorial of Cuphead.

Anyway, this is looking alright, imo... I'd prefer a faster pace of running and combat though

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

Hey Big Daddy Poising through everything is a shit load of fun to. I've done and do both and find them both pretty fun. Considering this is Mario and Chad first time through DS1 they don't even know what they are missing with the needed ring so it doesn't really matter to them in the long run. Long as the gear isn't garbage they should have fun regardless and the ring isn't garbage it's just not OP anymore lol. 

I wish they DID know what they were missing... like, had actually gotten to use it, pre-nerf.

That ring with an Uchi... so good.

Edited by JHDK
14 hours ago, JHDK said:

half-ass flop-positive samurai.

😂😂😂 Yeah the floppy rolls are the worst. It's like watching some out of shape guy try to get up after doing squats. 

Haven't played in a day or so but I got to the bonfire near Andre. I got killed by the dragon's fire on the bridge initially because I got too close, and when I came to, all the souls I'd gotten from killing the Taurus Demon were too close to the dragon that I couldn't get them without getting roasted. 😞 Got my club upgraded a bit though and I'm going to tackle that church or whatever it is best that bonfire.