Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

16 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

MOTHERFUCK DAMMIT 🤬

Gridiron Football mode just started in Rocket League in celebration of the NFL draft. I'm bant until Saturday night so I'm gonna miss most of it. That's my favorite Extra mode.

So fucking pissed right now.

Double XP weekend too. 😑

At least it’s not a perma-ban. 

also, I just beat grandia II. Dead ass forgot that the final boss was just a grumpy moth. Lol

My only issue is that I feel a lot of the games pacing and character progressions got lost in when translating. Cause Ryudo is a shitter and then suddenly he’s this totes chill dude who has a code of honor and wants to protect people. 

as the above the same can be said for Elena and Millenia. Elena finds Ryudo absolutely repulsive cause of his attitude but then randomly wants to jump that bone? Millenia only gets a handful of sections but she suddenly turns into a good guy with no real context outside of “ryudo snu snu”. 

milenna and Elena also become friends seemingly out of no where. All I know is that Ryudo is going to have a fun three way and a little boy is in love with a sex doll. 

Still though, I had an awesome time going down memory lane with this game. I just kinda broke it when I grinded defense buffs and maxed out some of my abilities and mana spells super early in the games. 

Oh, lastly, this game becomes kingdom hearts before kingdom hearts was a thing. The last 3rd of the game id say after the big reveal of God actually dying and Satan survived it’s all the light and darknesses in in the heart, friends is what we should believe in and is our light, only fear spreads darkness, etc. gets silly as fuck. 

Still a great game though. 

Edited by iStu X

Wait…among us and rift apart were the only games they showed?

what the fuuuuuuuck. How disappointing is that 

edit: I just read that ratchet and clank were pretty much the only thing they were showing  and that it’s been known since the state of play was announced.

Still though. They should have gone way more in depth. 

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

@Darc_Requiemyou got more experience with the Legend of Heroes series then I do. So do I play Trails of the Sky first or should I dive into Cold Steel?

Depends on your reasoning. If you are worried about feeling lost. You don't have to. All of the games take place in the same world but different countries. Trails of the Sky is first and takes place in Liberl. Trails of Zero/Azure is set in Crossbell (These two games are being fan translated. The first has been completed and is VERY good.) Cold Steel takes place in Erebonia. If you are going to play the whole series, I'd play Trails of the Sky before the Crossbell games because they are more closely tied together. From what I've played so far, you can play Cold Steel first but not really miss much story wise. Granted I've only played the 30 hours of the first game, but it seems far more loosely linked than the first two arcs.

Side note: I personally, no matter what you decide, would just skip Trails of the Sky 3, it's a dungeon crawler (game takes place in one big dungeon) and I really don't care for those. Moreover from what I've played of it, it reminds me of Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World in that it just seems like an asset flip little merit. The first two chapters have a great continuous narrative. Suffice it to say, it's the only game in the franchise that I played that felt like a chore...but it could be my aversion to dungeon crawlers.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Not just we should ban menthol, cloves, and those Swisher Sweet flavors like cherry for both cigarettos and vapes, but every 2 years or so we should raise the minimum smoking age by six years.  Make in that in 10 years only the elderly with ID can by cigarettes.

And fuck anyone who wants to act like a jerk after the withdrawal symptoms are gone.

2 hours ago, DarkSakul said:

Not just we should ban menthol, cloves, and those Swisher Sweet flavors like cherry for both cigarettos and vapes, but every 2 years or so we should raise the minimum smoking age by six years.  Make in that in 10 years only the elderly with ID can by cigarettes.

And fuck anyone who wants to act like a jerk after the withdrawal symptoms are gone.

I'm so fucking glad you are in charge of absolutly nothing. 

51 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I'm so fucking glad you are in charge of absolutly nothing. 

I see you are not in charge of spell check ether. Absolutely 

I know too many people who died or got horribly sick from 2nd hand smoke 

So fuck the people who have nic-ficks because they can't find their brand 

Edited by DarkSakul

Dorks.  Fuck does menthol cigarettes gotta do with vidya games?  get out bustas 

P.S. I stopped smoking menthols several years ago so I dont care.

I tried this game out today called A Short Hike.  Its pretty cool.  Its like a relaxing, exploring, collecting type game.  Its pixel style and it looks pretty cool I think.  The music is nice too.  Had me a big stupid smile the whole time I was playing.

Edited by Faltimar the Dark

y'know, Torchlight 3 is a frustrating example of unrealized potential so far.  I keep wanting to like this franchise a bit more than I currently do...I can't get over how it should be better than what it is.  That new character class they're adding at least looks interesting.  

One of the nitpicks that came to mind is the co-op... when a buddy joins your game or vice-versa... you can't just teleport right to them directly from town, if they are elsewhere in the world.  I've been spoiled by how Diablo 3 handles that----in D3, your friend(s)  joins the game...they just walk over to your banner/symbol in town, and by clicking on that, teleport to wherever that player is.  In T3, if you join a friend's game, you start off in town....and now you have to go out searching for your friend, wherever the hell they are in the world.  C'mon, man...

Edited by MillionX

Well, Battle Axe is out; I think it was already out on XB1 first and now Switch

Only 4 levels though?!  That's a real shame...and the co-op is only local 😞 those are 2 critical point deductions right there, imo... I may still get it at a reduced price or using some reward points...

So, i know about this game for quite some time but i always ignored it for some reason. But decided to give it a try.

I am pleasantly surprised by it's presentation. I like the main character, story seems interesting so far but man have they did a good job on the visuals. My only issue so far is the somewhat janky camera when you drive ( not the driving controls themselves ) but so far it's been an enjoyable game.

Sleeping Dogs 

Sleeping-Dogs-Screenshot-2021-04-30-14-3

Sleeping-Dogs-Screenshot-2021-04-30-14-5

Edited by Skort
9 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Either? That would imply I am in charge of something else. Don't correct my spelling when you can't syntax a sentence properly. 

He wants to put a syntax on cigarettes.

Probably sentence users of English too.

No more basic fags.

No more Menthsakuls.

"Ether."

"What is: Where the god of irony abides, Alex?"

Edited by JHDK
Co-Rhea
1 hour ago, Skort said:

So, i know about this game for quite some time but i always ignored it for some reason. But decided to give it a try.

I am pleasantly by it's presentation. I like the main character, story seems interesting so far but man have they did a good job on the visuals. My only issue so far is the somewhat janky camera when you drive ( not the driving controls themselves ) but so far it's been an enjoyable game.

Sleeping Dogs 

Sleeping-Dogs-Screenshot-2021-04-30-14-5

One of the best open world GTA style games ever made, you're in for a treat. Great storyline, excellent combat and the DLC missions are fun too

Dun dun dun....another one bites the dust

https://www.ign.com/articles/crash-bandicoot-dev-toys-for-bob-is-now-developing-call-of-duty-warzone

Alleged Rainbow Six Siege Cheater trolled Ubisoft with calls of someone being held Hostage

https://www.ign.com/articles/ubisoft-hostage-taking-hoax-alleged-suspect-is-a-rainbow-six-siege-cheater

That's some crazy shit.  You that mad that you've been 80 times that you pull some stuff like this?

Fall Guys for Xbox and Switch delayed, will now have cross play

https://www.ign.com/articles/fall-guys-is-delayed-on-switch-and-xbox-but-they-will-now-have-crossplay

Ni No Kuni II might be headed to Switch

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/04/esrb-rates-ni-no-kuni-ii-revenant-kingdom-princes-edition-for-switch

Edited by Sonichuman
20 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

That's some crazy shit.  You that mad that you've been 80 times that you pull some stuff like this?

The guy went through the trouble of cheating and being banned 80 times just to "win" at a video game. 

He obviously has some serious narcissism issues. But people who straight up cheat at videogames will never not confuse me. 

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

That really sucks. I really liked Crash 4 and other than the insane ramp of difficulty it takes when you try to 100% it, it seemed to be well received. I do hope all that worked there find a place for their talents. Fuck Activision.

10 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

That really sucks. I really liked Crash 4 and other than the insane ramp of difficulty it takes when you try to 100% it, it seemed to be well received. I do hope all that worked there find a place for their talents. Fuck Activision.

If it helps, when this was announced within activision a bunch of TFB employees immediately resigned 

Edited by iStu X
1 minute ago, Hawkingbird said:

Was Crash 4 a flop? Everything I see points to it being a success. I don't understand why they couldn't just keep that going. 

I don't think it was a flop and it's selling well on Switch after the rereleased it on new consoles.  Only thing I can guess is that Activision looked at the numbers and was like "...its selling well but it's just shy of the 60 billion copies we expected it to sell like CoD.  You see CoD Toys for Bob?  Why can't you be like CoD?  Let's have you work on CoD."

10 hours ago, Skort said:

I am pleasantly surprised by it's presentation. I like the main character, story seems interesting so far but man have they did a good job on the visuals. My only issue so far is the somewhat janky camera when you drive ( not the driving controls themselves ) but so far it's been an enjoyable game.

I'll never understand why they gave the main character a Mandarin-sounding name, and decided he needed to be American.  Great game though.

The English/Cantonese mix some of the characters use to speak to you sounds kinda weird too.  Definitely makes a lot of the characters sound like Americans more than people from Hong Kong.