Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

My dad let me borrow his copy of R-TYPE FINAL 2. I made it to the second stage. And then proceeded to die. A lot. Par the course for an R- Type game. But I like what I've played thus far. The second level gives me Gradius vibes with all the plant-like enemies. Some sections are much harder without the Force Pod.  

Is it possible to make the EA logo in Miitopia? I so want that to be the face of the big bad.

8 minutes ago, misterBee said:

Call of Duty is great, the campaigns are good, and COD hate is so 2008.

Hold that (d)weebs.  🔫

Now excuse me while I play some more Melty.

I’ve fallen out of love for COD a while ago, but I’ll never say it isn’t or wasn’t good. I don’t know the quality of the games right now, but I do know a bunch of people enjoy them and I can respect that. 

What I don’t like is Activision cannibalizing the studios they own so they focus on their biggest money makers. Especially when those studios were able to successfully remake three long dead games that people loved and they already had Treyarch and Infinty Ward.

4 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Anyone post this yet?

*pauses mid way through this video*  Hey...does anyone know anything about what Lost Sould Aside is about yet?  Just about every video I've seen on this is jus "COOL SHIT IS HAPPENING AND ITS HAPPENING ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!" and thats fine to an extent...but I'd like to put the cool shit into context lol.

2 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

*pauses mid way through this video*  Hey...does anyone know anything about what Lost Sould Aside is about yet?  Just about every video I've seen on this is jus "COOL SHIT IS HAPPENING AND ITS HAPPENING ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!" and thats fine to an extent...but I'd like to put the cool shit into context lol.

Every trailer kinda reminds me if KH3 trailers in t hats there's tons do flash and things going on but fuck if I could tell you what any of it really is. 

Can that (Journey) still be played online?  One of the really cool things about that game is the co-op.  I thought it was really cool at least.  My partner dropped in at some time and me and him finished the game.  When he finally left I felt a kind of sadness.  I'm not sure why cause I never communicated with the dude other than my character makin' noises.

oh yeah, the flame-throwers...that reminded me that one of the good things to happen in Gears 5 lately is that they brought the Scorcher back about an update or 2 ago.  I think most of the fanbase was happy to see it finally return.  Some of the locusts use it in the current "Nexus" Horde Event... sadly I'll bet that's temporary since it's labeled as an "event"....anyway it's funny how often players are caught by surprise with that particular enemy... it's a cakewalk really until that Scorcher-wielding locust dude shows up, then people start getting downed with the quickness.  Scorcher Locust can easily wipe out whole teams that were playing a bit too "comfortable" previously.

8 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

CoD is what makes them the money, I'm not surprised. I wouldn't be shocked if they stopped putting out games that weren't only their biggest IPs after while.

The problem is CoD is the only thing Activision publishes these days. Their our IPs have been left to die. They are putting themselves in a position where they will be absolutely fucked when CoD burn out eventually happens. 

12 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

The problem is CoD is the only thing Activision publishes these days. Their our IPs have been left to die. They are putting themselves in a position where they will be absolutely fucked when CoD burn out eventually happens. 

Don't they own Blizzard? They'll have (less) money coming in if that fatigue kicks in but I highly doubt a lot of the people who play the game will stop buying it anytime soon. I agree it's dumb, but that franchise prints money and has for awhile because its easy to get into and they make you feel like you're good at the game even when you aren't. 

12 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Don't they own Blizzard? They'll have (less) money coming in if that fatigue kicks in but I highly doubt a lot of the people who play the game will stop buying it anytime soon. I agree it's dumb, but that franchise prints money and has for awhile because its easy to get into and they make you feel like you're good at the game even when you aren't. 

They own Blizzard but they don't have much going on outside of WoW and Overwatch. 

Eventually the annual release cycle will take it's toll. It killed Activision's other IP like Guitar Hero, Skylanders and Tony Hawk. With this history you'll think they deal it back a bit but they just double down even harder. Even Ubisoft stopped releasing Ass Greed annually due to fatigue creeping in and it greatly affecting the quality of the games. 

yeah, the relation to Blizzard is unfortunate, imo.... it's part of the reason I don't really have hope for the future of the Diablo franchise.  At least the re-make of D2 is coming soon and surprisingly playable offline from what I hear.

ha, I think one of my friends may be done with Outriders already, because the reality is that dude tends to be a lazy gamer...anything that takes even a small bit of effort is seemingly a deal-breaker for him; shit is hilarious. (*like when I told him of the change to a certain skill for Necromancer in the latest D3 update; he sounded deflated when I mentioned this is tied to the Rathma set...and I know that's because he doesn't want to spend the time to actually get the set items) This combined with the short attention span that most gamers have means he never stays on 1 game that long.

Edited by MillionX
33 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

They own Blizzard but they don't have much going on outside of WoW and Overwatch. 

Eventually the annual release cycle will take it's toll. It killed Activision's other IP like Guitar Hero, Skylanders and Tony Hawk. With this history you'll think they deal it back a bit but they just double down even harder. Even Ubisoft stopped releasing Ass Greed annually due to fatigue creeping in and it greatly affecting the quality of the games. 

It legit bummed me out WC3 failed so hard. I would have bought that because the original was a game I loved yet sucked at lol. 

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

The biggest difference is that CoD warzone is free to play and DL. Every other franchise prior had a standard release. This could mean fatigue may be faster or it might not end so long as content to DL and buy is available. 

alright.  I finally got R-Type Final 2 and.................

What?  Hold up son.  Why is this game censoring my name?  If I type in "Deadly Raver"  It shows up as "****ly Raver" in the title block.  The fuck?  Bitch, I'm trying to save the universe from the Bydo Empire again, the least you can do is get my damn name right.

In case you were wondering:  BigBootyJudy will get censored, but "Datazz" won't.  In fact, any name starting with the letters "Bi" will have that part censored.

"boob"?  Censored.  

"Ass"?  Censored.

"xxx"? Censored.

"Muff"?  Censored.

"rump"?  Censored.

"Dick"? Censored.

"Bitch"? Censored.

"Butt"?  Censored.

"Balls"? Censored.

"Tit"?  Censored.

"Dong"? Censored.

"Jesus"?  Censored.

"Devil"? Censored.  "Evil is okay, just get rid of the "D".

"sex"? Censored.

"Ho"? Censored.

"Jimmy"? Censored.  Seriously.

"Fu"?  Censored.  Not joking.

"Ben Dover"?  OK. 

"Shake your ta-tas"? OK.

"Buns"?  OK.

"Blood Rage Smurf"?  OK.  Don't ask.  There's a war going on and we need to get things like this ironed out now before the hammer falls.

"Queen with the green bean"?  Doesn't matter.  it's too long to fit.  The parts that did fit however, were OK.

Here I am trying to OCV an entire universe full of biological horrors and these bitches are trying to control which names I use.  I'm really starting to wonder if saving the human race is worth it.  

................The more I think about it, the more my mental needle leans towards,"Let the bugs get 'em."

34 minutes ago, Deadly_Raver said:

alright.  I finally got R-Type Final 2 and.................

What?  Hold up son.  Why is this game censoring my name?  If I type in "Deadly Raver"  It shows up as "****ly Raver" in the title block.  The fuck?  Bitch, I'm trying to save the universe from the Bydo Empire again, the least you can do is get my damn name right.

In case you were wondering:  BigBootyJudy will get censored, but "Datazz" won't.  In fact, any name starting with the letters "Bi" will have that part censored.

"boob"?  Censored.  

"Ass"?  Censored.

"xxx"? Censored.

"Muff"?  Censored.

"rump"?  Censored.

"Dick"? Censored.

"Bitch"? Censored.

"Butt"?  Censored.

"Balls"? Censored.

"Tit"?  Censored.

"Dong"? Censored.

"Jesus"?  Censored.

"Devil"? Censored.  "Evil is okay, just get rid of the "D".

"sex"? Censored.

"Ho"? Censored.

"Jimmy"? Censored.  Seriously.

"Fu"?  Censored.  Not joking.

"Ben Dover"?  OK. 

"Shake your ta-tas"? OK.

"Buns"?  OK.

"Blood Rage Smurf"?  OK.  Don't ask.  There's a war going on and we need to get things like this ironed out now before the hammer falls.

"Queen with the green bean"?  Doesn't matter.  it's too long to fit.  The parts that did fit however, were OK.

Here I am trying to OCV an entire universe full of biological horrors and these bitches are trying to control which names I use.  I'm really starting to wonder if saving the human race is worth it.  

................The more I think about it, the more my mental needle leans towards,"Let the bugs get 'em."

I'm glad we have you to keep us posted on this. 😂 

You ever try Hugh G. Rection?

36 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I'm glad we have you to keep us posted on this. 😂 

You ever try Hugh G. Rection?

It worked. 👍

Since I'm here:

"Mike Hunt" = OK.

@MillionX  If you get this game, "Mai Dung is Long" is okay.  Just sayin.

"Long Ding ding"?  Good to go. 👍

"Backdoor"?  That whole word gets censored.  DAMN SON.  

"Pop ya azz"?  OK.  

Lesson learned:  Trying to stifle our creativity with wordplay will simply make us grow.  You've been warned.

3 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

The biggest difference is that CoD warzone is free to play and DL. Every other franchise prior had a standard release. This could mean fatigue may be faster or it might not end so long as content to DL and buy is available. 

The best thing that will do is give a boost to the playerbase and have to deal with more bullshit like cheaters. That's assuming Warzone will be their main focus and not replace it every year. Given what they wanted Bungie to do with Destiny I don't see it lasting long.

37 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

One of my best times playing an online game was with a team of people from srk in Dragon's Crown.  Shit was fun.  It was cool too cause I think they were on console and I was on Vita.  Dragon's Crown is a game I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel to or just a damn nuVersion on PC and Current consoles.

PS4 version should work on 5. Bout all I know tho. 

You guys know how most big game journalists suck at video games, right? Like IGN and Kotaku employees who review games? Think back when Sekiro got slammed by Forbes because "boo boo its too hard" and Dave Thier cried for an easy mode. (Funny that it won GOTY that year 😆)

Anyway, I was thinking- it would be awesome if someone developed a game with difficulty levels like:

-Ultra Nightmare

-Nightmare

-Ultra Violence

-Hurt Me Plenty

-I'm Too Young to Die

-GAME JOURNALIST

😂🤣🤣

21 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

You guys know how most big game journalists suck at video games, right? Like IGN and Kotaku employees who review games? Think back when Sekiro got slammed by Forbes because "boo boo its too hard" and Dave Thier cried for an easy mode. (Funny that it won GOTY that year 😆)

Anyway, I was thinking- it would be awesome if someone developed a game with difficulty levels like:

-Ultra Nightmare

-Nightmare

-Ultra Violence

-Hurt Me Plenty

-I'm Too Young to Die

-GAME JOURNALIST

😂🤣🤣

The reviewer from PC gamer created a mod to make the final boss easier so he can finish the game. 

Another discovery as far as the naming system goes in R-Type Final 2:

Regular letters get caught, but once you hit the shift?  It all slides through.  Deadly Raver isn't allowed, but De@dly Raver is good.  In short, R-Type is defeated by L33t speak.

..................and these are the fuckers I have to depend on to keep my ship running while I launch an assault against the Bydo Empire?  

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

The reviewer from PC gamer created a mod to make the final boss easier so he can finish the game. 

Seems like it would take longer to make the mod than to learn how to beat the boss, no? I summoned a phantom to beat the gargoyles in DS1 yesterday and got killed in the middle of the fight okay to come back and find the phantom finished them off. I felt so lame 😂

3 hours ago, Deadly_Raver said:

It worked. 👍

Since I'm here:

"Mike Hunt" = OK.

@MillionX  If you get this game, "Mai Dung is Long" is okay.  Just sayin.

"Long Ding ding"?  Good to go. 👍

"Backdoor"?  That whole word gets censored.  DAMN SON.  

"Pop ya azz"?  OK.  

Lesson learned:  Trying to stifle our creativity with wordplay will simply make us grow.  You've been warned.

Wait BACKDOOR is banned???😂😂😂😂