Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

I will never understand what is the point of being a gaming journalist is you aren't going to be semi proficient in games. It's like saying I want to do archaeology but don't want to touch anything old or dirty.

Link to post
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Cinnpie, one of the Smash players that turned out to be a creep, finally speaks out after a near year of silence.

Best comment 

 


 I know nothing about this and I don’t give a shit cause it’s smash.however, I love that every comment is going ham on this bitch. like “naw, you’re a fucking pedophile. There’s plenty of video evidence of this from tournaments and recording in rooms. Go fuck yourself” 

 

My favorite part though is her saying she blames it on barely being in her 20’s when it happened and everyone responds with  “naw, any 20 something year old knows better than to rape a minor. So hold that”

Edited by iStu X
Link to post
10 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Cinnpie, one of the Smash players that turned out to be a creep, finally speaks out after a near year of silence.

 

 

For a given view of speaking out. I’m trying to figure out what she means that she didn’t deserve the hate she got when there’s clear videos of her creeping with some 14 year old.

She waited a year just to claim to be a victim and not be a fault. Just no

Link to post
13 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Extra

That fuckin crab is STILL hilarious.

Question #5 makes him an even bigger bullshit scam artist than TriForce.

 

How he gonna put Smash in an FGC quiz?

 

The closest Smash ever came to being part of the FGC is when than one Autie accidentally broke JayJay's stick.

Edited by JHDK
Autie-Korea, TriFarce Edition. <sic>
Link to post
11 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Cinnpie, one of the Smash players that turned out to be a creep, finally speaks out after a near year of silence.

 

 

For a given view of speaking out. I’m trying to figure out what she means that she didn’t deserve the hate she got when there’s clear videos of her creeping with some 14 year old.

"I was drunk"

"I was sexually abused" 

"If you say mean things about me, Ill have my lawyer get at you" 

 

I'm not normally one of these people who thinks everyone should apologize for everything, but HO-LY shit does she not get it. Imagine being that unaware that you play the victim card that hard. 

Link to post
12 hours ago, iStu X said:

Best comment 

 


 I know nothing about this and I don’t give a shit cause it’s smash.however, I love that every comment is going ham on this bitch. like “naw, you’re a fucking pedophile. There’s plenty of video evidence of this from tournaments and recording in rooms. Go fuck yourself” 

 

My favorite part though is her saying she blames it on barely being in her 20’s when it happened and everyone responds with  “naw, any 20 something year old knows better than to rape a minor. So hold that”

I mean, the FGC is well known as being toxic as all fuck.

 

But it used to have standards.

 

Now it lets Smash loiter in the corner, like some creep lingering on the edge of a poorly kempt playground.

 

I blame Wiz.

 

Both for his being a greedy bloated turd, and for his being like-minded with the Smash community.

 

If NYC wants to gape Ricky's mid-op asshole into shitstains on the rug, well then, that's their prerogative.

 

It is a bad choice... poor carpet.

 

but it is an adult choice.

 

Riding Kineda's Bicycle is a bad choice.

 

But it is an adult choice.

 

Letting yourself get cucked by a dude named Ray Ray is a bad choice.

 

But it is an adult choice.

 

Fucking with children is reprehensible.

 

And it is a Smash thing.

 

Smash is like that creepy dude hanging around outside school playgrounds.

 

He has no business there.

 

Just so at FGC tourneys.

 

Wiz is like that creepy uncle who lets that dude into the playground, for a few bucks, and on the promise of pics after.

 

The FGC is a spectrum, no pedo.

 

Smash is on the spectrum.

 

...like a tumor, or a leech, or fungus.

 

Also:

 

Smash isn't a fighting game.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by JHDK
Link to post
2 hours ago, JHDK said:

I mean, the FGC is well known as being toxic as all fuck.

 

But it used to have standards.

 

Now it lets Smash loiter in the corner, like some creep lingering on the edge of a poorly kempt playground.

 

I blame Wiz.

 

Both for his being a greedy bloated turd, and for his being like-minded with the Smash community.

I blame the esports mentality. The "we gotta grow this thing bigger at all costs" type of stuff you see on r/fighters as if the only way a game is worth playing is if it has a playerbase as big as SF or Tekken. I don't know that Wiz was necessarily like-minded with Smashers but he knew they'd draw a lot of people and when I saw that tweet of him putting I n the Evo shaped hot tub at his house, everything made sense. 

 

I can't blame he and the Cannons for wanting to make money, Evo IS the biggest and most visible FGC tourney there is and they put in a lot of hard work to make it that way, but you don't get to that point without adopting an esports mentality and it's unfortunate that that mentality seems t have a lot more adherents now than it used to, especially when fighting games are still a niche activity. 

Link to post
7 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

I blame the esports mentality. The "we gotta grow this thing bigger at all costs" type of stuff you see on r/fighters as if the only way a game is worth playing is if it has a playerbase as big as SF or Tekken. I don't know that Wiz was necessarily like-minded with Smashers but he knew they'd draw a lot of people and when I saw that tweet of him putting I n the Evo shaped hot tub at his house, everything made sense. 

 

I can't blame he and the Cannons for wanting to make money, Evo IS the biggest and most visible FGC tourney there is and they put in a lot of hard work to make it that way, but you don't get to that point without adopting an esports mentality and it's unfortunate that that mentality seems t have a lot more adherents now than it used to, especially when fighting games are still a niche activity. 

Like I said back in 09, SFIV revived the FGC in ways we never thought possible but also killed the FGC as we knew it at the same time. But it didn’t matter to anyone at the time because the people at the forefront of the FGC gladly let it happened, said it was a great thing for the community and everything else.
 

They were gaslighting the entire community. And why?  Due to the amounts of money being thrown at them by sponsors. 

I constantly called out Wiz and others about this at every corner. It felt like I was going to war with them since we’d come to blows with each other multiple times a day. Eventually Wiz perma-banned me. But he’s a fucking pedophile. So fuck him. 
 

The thing that bothers me the most is pretty much everyone on $RK outside of a small few thought I was insane. And now those same people and even pro players are echoing everything I fucking said 12 years ago. 
 

 

Edited by iStu X
Link to post

I played some game called Scavengers last night.  Its like a battle royal type game I think.  Its fps style and there are multiple teams of 3.  Each team has objectives to complete and then they have to get to some ship to get out.  Highest score wins I think or the last team alive.  It was pretty fun though.  Its only the second battle royal type game Ive played. 

 

Its free so maybe give it a try.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1183940/Scavengers/

 

I'm streaming kinda.  I play some games but its mostly just music and my desktop.  Im fuckin' lazy and I stream just cause I can. 

 

Link to post

so, I've been making more progress with Pyro in Outriders lately... mine is able to equip level 41 gear now; I think tier-8 expeditions now.  My Trickster is only up to equipping level 38 stuff so far.  My titanium supply is down to almost nothing though so I need to build up more resources again to continue leveling up my stuff.

 

Thermal Bomb continues to be the star of the show here on Pyro... at this point with where I am in terms of Anomaly power, (about 45k-ish) Thermal is doing 73k or so baseline damage on the explosion.  I have 3 or 4 mods equipped boosting this in different ways.  The results are glorious.  I'm finally hitting some enemies for 6-figure damage at this point.

 

The game seems a bit more stable so far since the latest patch.  I played with a friend over the weekend, and we were on the game for an insane amount of time (*at least 10 hours!), and it didn't crash or disconnect.

Link to post
25 minutes ago, MillionX said:

so, I've been making more progress with Pyro in Outriders lately... mine is able to equip level 41 gear now; I think tier-8 expeditions now.

My Trickster can equip 41 level gear and I've opened up tier 8 Expeditions too. But I usually go in with a couple buddies- no way I could do those solo at that level. Do you ever do them solo?

 

I'm also going back and clearing a bunch of the side missions to get my world tier up. Right now I'm at tier 9, and it's tough. I read you can get loot drops up to 42 with max world tier so I'm thinking about grinding them out a bit.

 

My Trickster build focuses on fire power mostly, and movement. I'm using Twisted Rounds with a bunch of mods and a shotgun. I have the Perputuum Mobile mod attached to my shotgun, which will instantly reload it with a kill at 35 percent or less in the chamber. So I can keep Twisted Rounds active almost indefinitely. I also use the Hunt the Prey teleport skill to get behind enemies and weaken them, while also boosting my firepower. It's a pretty slick build, and once I get some higher gear with level 3 mods to play with it'll be even better I think.

 

It took me a while to really understand the endgame economy and how to upgrade my gear. Bailey will buy all your looted gear in exchange for scraps, which you can then turn around and sell them to her for titanium. Seems like most of the resources can be exchanged for other resources on some way, and that's pretty tight. I hate when a game lets you collect a bunch of shit that ends up being worthless at the end.

Link to post

ha, nice... this game has hit that category of "even when I'm not playing it... I'm *thinking* about playing it".  I'm also back and forth between the expeditions and replaying story sections on increasingly higher tiers.... Pyro is at 10 or 11 at this point.

 

I don't look forward to finishing up the "accolades" with Pyro or Trickster though... that involves spamming abilities that I don't care to use... like Trickster's lame ass whirlwind thing, or that "beam" Pyro has...with both characters I'm already set on what abilities I'm using from here on out.

 

I was listening to this masterpiece again for the billionth time... I just can't get over how much I love this theme "Greatest Jubilee" from Bayonetta.  It is easily THE best "final boss music" I've ever heard in game. (*and that epic final battle is one of the greatest of all time as well, just generally speaking)... I time-stamped the moment just before it hits that change when you hear more of the operatic singing in the background... holy shit, man.... it moves me every damn time.

https://youtu.be/ywqKhlOFhjU?t=184

Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

words can't even begin to describe it

Link to post

Started playing Bionic Commando Rearmed over the weekend. Been enjoying it quite a bit, at least until the last level. There's a section several minutes in where what you can stand on/grab on is hard to see at a glance, shudder platforms everywhere, and with what appears to be blind swings to the same sort of bullshit, all of which will kill you instantly if you mess up. This would be much more tolerable if that section was at least at the start of the super long level- having to go back through the prior 3 sections over and over is fucking tedious.  I could have sworn I finished this game on the 360, but I'm sure I would have remembered this section.

Link to post

oh i finished wild arms 4 not long ago it wasn't bad. its essentially a jrpg version of kids next door. the main problem with wild arms 4 and 5  compared to the old ones is they spend too much time beating you over the head with their message wild arms 5 did have the most interesting battle system if they could've put together a better narrative it might have been my favorite but so far wild arms 1/alter code f and 3>4 and 5 i've never finished 2 but ill get around to it this year sometime.

Edited by nickmanx5
Link to post
1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

Returnal is 🔥. The movement and combat is great, graphics are excellent. Got bout an hour or so in before I tasted my first death. It's basically  Vanquished mixed with a bit of Metroid

Hell yeah, that's great to hear. I'll be picking that up when I'm done with Outriders.

Link to post

Sony announces partnership with Discord, acquires minor stake in the company

https://www.ign.com/articles/playstation-acquires-minority-interest-in-discord-following-microsofts-buyout-interest

 

Furukawa says they are currently looking into potential for other IPs to make animation out of aside from Mario

https://www.ign.com/articles/nintendo-looking-into-more-animated-features-beyond-mario

Zelda and Metroid please

 

The trial between Epic and Apple has begun and apparently Fortnite had plans for Samus to show up

https://www.ign.com/articles/fortnite-has-plans-for-samus-the-rock-skins-according-to-internal-epic-documents

 

Among other things they had plans for were Naruto, The bride from Kill Bill, John McClane. 

 

Sony makes Epic pay them in order to has cross play support for Fortnite on their consoles

https://www.ign.com/articles/sony-makes-epic-games-pay-for-fortnite-cross-play

Link to post

I beat the Moonlight Butterfly yesterday, and man that was a cool fight. Now that my character has a few levels and a couple pieces of good gear, I feel less squishy and like I can do some stuff. But I used the basement key and cleared out the area leading to the boss down there, but decided to double back and promptly got cornered and ganked by zombies. 

 

I also killed that fucking black knight in the Undead Burg and man did THAT feel good! Fuck that guy with a rake

Link to post

Mannn it's hitting me now that RE8 is upon us in just a couple of days... but I still haven't even played part 7 yet.... I intend to get both so it might be a little while before I actually get to play 8 then....and of course this is while trying to balance my free-time between the insane Outriders addiction at the moment with that side serving of Gears 5 currently 😩  There's not enough time in life for all this greatness.

Link to post
2 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Has anyone else had issues (or been successful updating) with the latest PS4 update? I have it sitting on my ps4 and I'm real reticent to update. 

I would advise to wait and see.

I am gonna try to see if the update fixes the problem they introduced, or if is still fucked up.

 

Some people say they had to wait like 6 months for an update to unbrick the ps4 after 8.01, with the update 8.4 something

Link to post
21 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

I would advise to wait and see.

I am gonna try to see if the update fixes the problem they introduced, or if is still fucked up.

 

Some people say they had to wait like 6 months for an update to unbrick the ps4 after 8.01, with the update 8.4 something

Man, what the fuck are they doing? I can't even sign into my PSN account, can't get the thing on the internet....UNLESS I do the update. It's basically bricked unless I just decide to play everything offline, and 6 months for a fix is borderline criminal, I really hope they get it together sooner than that.

 

Anti-piracy/hacking measures basically just make things worse for the people who aren't hacking/pirating stuff. The people who are hacking don't care and these things don't affect them anyway.

Edited by DoctaMario
Link to post
6 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

I beat the Moonlight Butterfly yesterday, and man that was a cool fight. Now that my character has a few levels and a couple pieces of good gear, I feel less squishy and like I can do some stuff. But I used the basement key and cleared out the area leading to the boss down there, but decided to double back and promptly got cornered and ganked by zombies. 

 

I also killed that fucking black knight in the Undead Burg and man did THAT feel good! Fuck that guy with a rake

Anytime I hear or read Moonlight Butterfly, as a Gundam fan I am thinking mecha with a crescent mustache and Moon people.

Link to post
1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

Man, what the fuck are they doing? I can't even sign into my PSN account, can't get the thing on the internet....UNLESS I do the update. It's basically bricked unless I just decide to play everything offline, and 6 months for a fix is borderline criminal, I really hope they get it together sooner than that.

 

Anti-piracy/hacking measures basically just make things worse for the people who aren't hacking/pirating stuff. The people who are hacking don't care and these things don't affect them anyway.

What annoys me more about this whole situation is that it shows how poor the options on their safemode are.
You dont have options to let you salvage data and import them, or ways to recover it using external means.

 

Add that you cant use the cloud save feature on aps4 that is not updated, neither you can access your clod savefiles on pc.

 

Is just a fucking joke.

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
  • Create New...
Stage Select