Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

2 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Well, this update doesnt fix the shit they introduced, so i am still on the bench waiting they fix this garbage.

Love how most outlets have not reported this issue, since they have been paid to hide it.

I went on the subreddit and people are sweeping it under the rug. Maybe it is a small handful of people having the problem, but it's still a problem and it should be talked about.

1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

What annoys me more about this whole situation is that it shows how poor the options on their safemode are.
You dont have options to let you salvage data and import them, or ways to recover it using external means.

Add that you cant use the cloud save feature on aps4 that is not updated, neither you can access your clod savefiles on pc.

Is just a fucking joke.

Yeah that's another thing that pisses me off, the console is completely cut off from the the internet unless you update. So even if there's a fix, you won't be able to download it straight to the console anyway.

43 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Yeah that's another thing that pisses me off, the console is completely cut off from the the internet unless you update. So even if there's a fix, you won't be able to download it straight to the console anyway.

I'm only asking this becaude...well because you both seem surprised about something that has been the norm for like...almost 20 years now...15 at least. Without updating you've never been able to take your console online short of like...PS2/Dreamcast which didn't have update-able OSes and shit...

Where you guys aware the consoles can't go online without being on the latest firmware? 

Edited by RSG3
2 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

I went on the subreddit and people are sweeping it under the rug. Maybe it is a small handful of people having the problem, but it's still a problem and it should be talked about.

When  i reported it, a lot of stupid fanboys came at me insulting me and downvoting me on reddit, a fucking joke i tell you XD

If we go by youtube, it is at least over 500k to 1 million people based on the samples, comments, views on videos reporting it.

It is not really small, but is small enough to not consider it a trending issue since is not more than 5% of the PS4 population.

So sony is more than happy to shrug it under a rug.

Is not the 1st time they have done this shit, they did the same with 8.01 and 8.03.

And the fanboys dont help by being asshats shitting on people who have the problem.

Game is just plain fun. But goddamn, I got so far without dying. Unlocked like 3 permanent weapons and killed the first major boss. Soon as I stepped through what looked like to be the next level, CRASH 😭

Welp, guess I'll wait til the power comes back on and get back to it (hopefully) 

For anyone who may be slightly curious about this game...Squeenix is going to be doing a stream for FFVII The First Soldier this week

https://www.gematsu.com/event/final-fantasy-vii-the-first-soldier-official-live-stream-0/

There will apparently be some some information on Intergrade at the end of the stream.  I swear if it's something like 'If you play First Soldier then you unlock Vincent's DLC in Intergrade!' ...

Hey @iStu X@RSG3since y'all are NIS fans maybe you can help me.

I'm playing through Disgaea 1 Complete and I feel like it's turning into a grindfest and I'm only 2-3 hours into the game. 

I tried to do some grinding in the item world, but I struggle to get to an exit where it'll actually save my EXP gains. 

For reference, I'm at the Mid-Boss fight and the dude's casters wreck my shit

2 hours ago, KingTubb said:

Hey @iStu X@RSG3since y'all are NIS fans maybe you can help me.

I think you read too much into that. I liked La Pucelle but I'm not a NIS fan. I think most of their SRPGS are overly complicated messes for no reason other then to be overly complicated messes. I never really dug Disgaea all that much and I thought Phantom Brave was awful. In those games it usually does turn into a grinsfest unless you know how to exploit the games weird combat systems for big payouts. Probably really fun for people who like complicated set ups but not really for me. I'll stick to throwing stones at all my units in FFT lol. I like the two Tactics Ogre games a lot to. I'm a little bit of a Matsuno fanboy tho, I like SRPGS based on his design philosophies so games like FFT and TO are what really appeal to me. NIS games are generally too much for me. 

Sorry man, but I can't help you lol. 

Edited by RSG3
30 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I'll stick to throwing stones at all my units in FFT lol. I like the two Tactics Ogre games a lot to

Yeah me too, FFT is one of my favorite games. Haven't had the chance to play TO (the only OB game i've played is 64) but if I ever get the chance, I'll find a way to pick it up. 

So far Disgaea is a little bit much, but I welcome some of the complexity and options it gives you; mostly the lift/throw options and the geotiles. 

The grind seems absurd tho. Luckily, Complete comes with an autobattle and a x8 speed option, so I can grind super fast. There is an insane amount of systems and stat stuff that isn't really clearly explained and I'm slowly figuring out (dark assembly, innocents, etc.) Like I just figured out you have to appeal to a vote to get better items at the shop, but it's under the "more expensive stuff" which seems kind of obtuse imho. Same with "Raise Military Funds" does that make it so I win more gold from battles? Or do they just give me money?

BTW, you excited for Project Triangle?  

Edited by KingTubb
17 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

BTW, you excited for Project Triangle?  

I don't know what that is actually lol. 

I highly recommend Tactics Ogre. The PSP remake is fantastic, but the SNES and PS1 versions are cool to. Just a bit more obtuse is all. The GBA Tactics Ogre kicks FFTA is the balls imo. 

I'm playing through FFT:WOL on PSP right now, but I recently picked up FFTA2 and I'm digging it a bit.  

Edited by RSG3
4 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I don't know what that is actually lol. 

It's Square's Ocotpath style shot at a SRPG, demo is up on the eShop. Looks alright. I haven't played the demo yet, but closer to FFT than Disgaea from what I saw. 

10 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

The GBA Tactics Ogre kicks FFTA is the balls imo. 

I sunk a lot of time into FFTA, but them judges can EAD

hell yeah I'm looking forward to Biomutant as well; I just noticed this vid a little while ago

I'm also getting Back 4 Blood... I was just reminiscin' a few days ago with some friends how it was some of the most memorable co-op gaming experiences we've ever enjoyed in the Left 4 Dead games....heh, sheeeittttt we never even got close to beating the ridiculous "Realism" difficulty.  One moment that I always remember fondly was the epic final moments of 1 campaign where I was the last survivor... a friend was helping distract the horde and a "tank" zombie while I was limping down the peer slowly, trying to get to the boat...(the final docks area of the Parrish, if I recall).... I was literally on 1 point of health there at the end, but was able to make it to the boat and escape....it was so much like the dramatic final moments of a horror slasher flick, where that last survivor is badly injured by manages to get away.

Edited by MillionX
19 hours ago, RSG3 said:

I'm only asking this becaude...well because you both seem surprised about something that has been the norm for like...almost 20 years now...15 at least. Without updating you've never been able to take your console online short of like...PS2/Dreamcast which didn't have update-able OSes and shit...

Where you guys aware the consoles can't go online without being on the latest firmware? 

I'm aware of this, but it's a really shitty practice when significant portion of the console's functionality is tied to being online. I understand WHY they do it, but in the event of an update that breaks functionality, you're basically ensuring that it's going to be a hassle for owners to fix the problem, and penalizing people who are waiting for you to fix your mistakes. It could probably be grounds for a class action lawsuit if people were inclined.

Imagine if your phone did the same thing, locked you out of internet/network access until you updated? You'd be livid, and you'd be right to be.

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

@SonichumanMan...We need a vomit emote so fucking badly for that Activision report. Gross. 

I've heard of people wanting to put all their eggs in one basket but Activision man...I wonder what will happen when they get another Ghosts situation or worse and they have to scramble to do better with the next game or fall deeper in the hole without any other source or income other than that IP.  Yeah the Battle Royale genre is hot and I get jumping into that for the money but they don't think that their CoD BR is gonna get stale at some point?  If we're comparing what CoD BR is doing compared to what Fortnite is doing its a no contest.  They gonna start bringing in guests too?  Gonna put Kratos in some Army fatigues and charge out on the battlefield?

19 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I've heard of people wanting to put all their eggs in one basket but Activision man...I wonder what will happen when they get another Ghosts situation or worse and they have to scramble to do better with the next game or fall deeper in the hole without any other source or income other than that IP.  Yeah the Battle Royale genre is hot and I get jumping into that for the money but they don't think that their CoD BR is gonna get stale at some point?  If we're comparing what CoD BR is doing compared to what Fortnite is doing its a no contest.  They gonna start bringing in guests too?  Gonna put Kratos in some Army fatigues and charge out on the battlefield?

If they did a f2p battle royal game with dlc I bet that would print money

Edited by DoctaMario
58 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

They'll probably still want their annual CoDs. Activision ain't known to provide long time support for any game.

I mean for Activision 18 -24 months is long time support for them. After that they want you to fork over a mandatory $60-70.

6 hours ago, KingTubb said:

It's Square's Ocotpath style shot at a SRPG, demo is up on the eShop. Looks alright. I haven't played the demo yet, but closer to FFT than Disgaea from what I saw. 

I sunk a lot of time into FFTA, but them judges can EAD

I don't know if the judges in FFTA or anything like the ones in Disgaea but one of things I like about Disgaea is that if you're strong enough you can beat shit out of them to get what you want to pass.

40 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Apex Legends is doing fairly well, too, on the EA side.

Apex Legends is doing great but EA isn't trying to put all their studios into pushing Apex/Titanfall universe as the only thing  making money at the moment.  They have money coming in from other IPs that so if there happens to be a period in the gaming industry where BR or FPS isn't as popular they other things that they can turn to if they don't.  Activision at this point has CoD and MAYBE Tony Hawk.  If CoD shits the bed then they're gonna be pretty much held up completely by Blizzard and that's IF Blizzard doesn't collapse under the weight of their own hubris with some of they decisions they've been making in the last couple of years and/or Activision doesn't start finally eating away at Blizzard from the inside.

There might be a sequel happening for Scorpion's Revenge

NPD revealed what the top 10 selling Star Wars games for May the 4th

https://www.ign.com/articles/the-top-10-best-selling-star-wars-games-in-the-us-have-been-revealed

Nice on Jedi Fallen Order being 2nd, Disappointed that none of the Rogue Squadron games made top 10 and I would have chauked it up to them being 1 platform exclusive...if it wasn't for Shadow of the Empire at no. 10.

Sledgehammer is making the next CoD with the new gen consoles in mind

https://www.ign.com/articles/activision-confirms-sledgehammer-will-develop-call-of-duty-2021-with-next-gen-consoles-in-mind

I'm sure this is to the surprise of no one

Phil Spencer still wants xcloud on other consoles

https://www.ign.com/articles/phil-spencer-hasnt-given-up-on-xcloud-for-other-consoles

Xbox thought 3 of Nintendo's titles were coming out in 2020

https://www.ign.com/articles/xbox-expected-breath-of-the-wild-2-to-launch-last-year

SUPER LOL @ Metroid Prime 4.  This court trial is producing some random stuff.

2 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I don't know if the judges in FFTA or anything like the ones in Disgaea but one of things I like about Disgaea is that if you're strong enough you can beat shit out of them to get what you want to pass.

The Judges in FFTA are actual field units. They sit on a Chocobo and take up a field spot. Their job is to tell you the restrictions for the battle and then penalize you for breaking those restrictions. Some of them are incredibly asshole-ish like "Swords are banned" or "No use of fire"  or the fucking worst "No reaction abilities." So no counter attack when attacked. And you dont learn these rules until the fight starts and they can invalidate an entire party build. So fucking annoying. The punishments can be minor but even up to your units going to jail and being unavailable. 

And the Judge taking up a spot on the field is also an issue. I remember times where I would miss out on an opportunity because the fucking Judge was in the God damn way. 

So far in A2 the Judge isn't on the field and the punishment for breaking the law is just losing out on bonus rewards for the fight. 

Edited by RSG3

Resident Evil 8: It Takes a Village

Spoiler

Idiot THE FUCK OUT.

Ethan dies like a Beta Skywalker virgin.

Capcpom is by no means redeemed.

They made SF5, after all.

But it is a start.

Maybe RE9 won't be complete dogshit.

1 hour ago, DangerousJ said:

Ryo and Robert Trailer...

Why they making Robert look like Luka from Bayonetta? 🤣

That Game Garage game looks kind of fun. As much as I love Sony, I'm never really surprised by much that they do, while Nintendo is always putting out interesting new stuff. 

Edited by DoctaMario
On 5/5/2021 at 12:15 AM, DarkSakul said:

So apparently people with Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire for the 3DS needs to check to see if their carts still work.

Here a interesting follow up on this, the guy in the video is very critical of Resetera