Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

2 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Warning: A leak to a game that has not been announced yet. Open at your own risk.

Reveal hidden contents

It appears that the Yakuza spin-off, Judgement, will get a sequel. It was leaked by PSN.

This would be in line with a video that got put up that had footage of the game that looked like it was in a different area than the game previous game had.

Consumers are behind it because Capitalism is supposed to be a free market of competition and Sony eliminated all their digital competition. 

This isn't a cheap skate issue, this is really just another strike against the idea that digital only future is the way. Definitely give these corps even more power over what, where, when, and how much you spend on their product. 

Here is an overview of trailer and Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade, via Square Enix:

The new footage showcases the impressive PlayStation 5 graphics for Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade and new content from Final Fantasy VII Remake EPISODE INTERmission, which follows Yuffie Kisaragi and her partner Sonon Kusakabe, on a dangerous mission to infiltrate Midgar and steal the Shinra Electric Power Company’s most powerful materia.

In Final Fantasy VII Remake EPISODE INTERmission, players will fight as Yuffie, alongside Sonon, as they use fast and furious attacks to team up in all-new exciting battles against Shinra’s Director of Advanced Weaponry Division, Scarlet, and Nero, a member of the elite unit within Deepground known as the Tsviets. A new Summon Materia to call upon Ramuh, the fabled Lord of Levin also newly appears. And finally, the trailer showcases gameplay of Fort Condor, a new tactical mini-game playable in Final Fantasy VII Remake EPISODE INTERmission.

Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade takes advantage of the latest generation hardware and includes a wealth of graphical, gameplay and system enhancements for PlayStation 5. Players who have purchased Final Fantasy VII Remake for the PlayStation 4 console will be able to download a free PlayStation 5 enhancement update that will include all the next-gen visual and gameplay enhancements detailed above at no extra cost when playing on a PlayStation 5 console, and can purchase the new episode featuring Yuffie, Final Fantasy VII Remake EPISODE INTERmission, as a standalone download from the PlayStation Store. Owners of the disc version of Final Fantasy VII Remake on PlayStation 4 will require a PlayStation 5 console with disc drive in order to take advantage of this digital upgrade.

46 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Here is an overview of trailer and Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade, via Square Enix:

The new footage showcases the impressive PlayStation 5 graphics for Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade and new content from Final Fantasy VII Remake EPISODE INTERmission, which follows Yuffie Kisaragi and her partner Sonon Kusakabe, on a dangerous mission to infiltrate Midgar and steal the Shinra Electric Power Company’s most powerful materia.

In Final Fantasy VII Remake EPISODE INTERmission, players will fight as Yuffie, alongside Sonon, as they use fast and furious attacks to team up in all-new exciting battles against Shinra’s Director of Advanced Weaponry Division, Scarlet, and Nero, a member of the elite unit within Deepground known as the Tsviets. A new Summon Materia to call upon Ramuh, the fabled Lord of Levin also newly appears. And finally, the trailer showcases gameplay of Fort Condor, a new tactical mini-game playable in Final Fantasy VII Remake EPISODE INTERmission.

Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade takes advantage of the latest generation hardware and includes a wealth of graphical, gameplay and system enhancements for PlayStation 5. Players who have purchased Final Fantasy VII Remake for the PlayStation 4 console will be able to download a free PlayStation 5 enhancement update that will include all the next-gen visual and gameplay enhancements detailed above at no extra cost when playing on a PlayStation 5 console, and can purchase the new episode featuring Yuffie, Final Fantasy VII Remake EPISODE INTERmission, as a standalone download from the PlayStation Store. Owners of the disc version of Final Fantasy VII Remake on PlayStation 4 will require a PlayStation 5 console with disc drive in order to take advantage of this digital upgrade.

Is the trailer still 1080p only?  *checks*  YYYYUP

Edit:

Looks like the exclusivity deal is for 6 months so we'll see if it shows up on any other platforms by the end of this year.

Edited by Sonichuman
1 hour ago, AriesWarlock said:

Man.....Every mention of Deepground fills with so much fucking dread. 

Ok, I couldn't help myself and just went all in on Resident Evil 8, even though I haven't played 7 yet...... absolutely loving this shit so far.  I'm in the Dimetrescu castle now, and left it there for the night... sheeeeitttt, besides how hot Lady D. is...the castle is pretty damn awesome.  Ever since I was a kid, I envisioned my dream house to be some grand castle like that.

Survival horror is a genre that's defined by doing everything it can to stress the ever living fuck out of the player:

• limited inventory space 
  • limited resources 
  • back tracking, but throwing in new threats to areas you thought were safe
  • slow and clunky combat
  • Unsettling environments and music 

But man... When you get to the point where you know what you're doing and you look that stress/tension/fear in the face and say "eat my shorts, loser" and you become the thing that's in control... That rules. 

Unfortunately that takes multiple playthroughs or a general knowledge of how to play survival horror games to get to, and unlike other genres, it doesn't just frustrate you but scare the piss out of you and makes you feel hopeless and kinda hate everything 

18 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Survival horror is a genre that's defined by doing everything it can to stress the ever living fuck out of the player:

• limited inventory space 
  • limited resources 
  • back tracking, but throwing in new threats to areas you thought were safe
  • slow and clunky combat
  • Unsettling environments and music 

But man... When you get to the point where you know what you're doing and you look that stress/tension/fear in the face and say "eat my shorts, loser" and you become the thing that's in control... That rules. 

Unfortunately that takes multiple playthroughs or a general knowledge of how to play survival horror games to get to, and unlike other genres, it doesn't just frustrate you but scare the piss out of you and makes you feel hopeless and kinda hate everything 

I don’t need survivor horrors and their appeal explained to me. Lol

I get what they are, how they play, and why people like them. I simply don’t. 

Edited by iStu X
Just now, iStu X said:

Baby I’m 40%  sassy 

Lol I've gathered that over that last couple years and it's appreciated 

But if Survival Horror ain't your bag, that's all good with me, homie! I've come to the conclusion that trying to convince someone to like something they don't like typically only ends with them digging in their heels. 

Capcom don't pay me, you won't find me ever being a shill for stuff 

I'll eventually get it.  I still haven't played/finished nuRE2 and nuRE3 and RE7.  I'm playing RE7 now and its scurry.  Gonna take me a while to finish.

Trying this game out now called Papetura.  Its a point and click adventure game.  The way the guy made it is really cool and...artistic.  Not sure if any of you are into point and click games.  Some are fun while others are not.  Like any other genre I suppose.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/593640/Papetura/

spacer.png

spacer.png

4 hours ago, KingTubb said:

so they're really putting all the action eggs in the Judgement basket. 

I guess it's nice considering that now the two series are clearly defined mechanically

I would honestly be mad but Judgement's fighting styles are better in motion and Like a Dragon was a very good turn based system. I mean it sucks a bit because this is another bullet in the corpse of my hope for a turn based traditional JRPG Phantasy Star being made but I can't hate them for being good at their craft.

2 hours ago, Hecatom said:

I am getting it on PC

Plan to play with mods 😏

PC Day Juaner here!!!

Just looking at how to optimally run it at max settings for 1080P/60+FPS on my Ryzen 7 3700x and RTX 3070.

I could easily hit 1440p but monitor only goes up to 1080p.

Edited by CDB2k20
58 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

I made it about halfway through RE7. Played with the lights off and the volume up in my headset. 

Scared the fuck out of me. I had to play with the cat in my lap.

I'd like to finish it before I get RE8. 

Never manned up and took down RE2:R?

It is far and away my personal favorite RE.

It is so good.

3 hours ago, Wellman said:

I would honestly be mad but Judgement's fighting styles are better in motion and Like a Dragon was a very good turn based system. I mean it sucks a bit because this is another bullet in the corpse of my hope for a turn based traditional JRPG Phantasy Star being made but I can't hate them for being good at their craft.

Phantasy Star 2 & 4 were godlike.

I spent the whole summer, as a kid, exploring the world(s) of PS2.

I blew through 4 in a weekend. Sleep what.

Man, Sega had contenders to take on Squares Final Fantasy but just didn’t and it still makes me angry. Shining Force and Pre-MMO Phantasy Star were so good.  If they had just kept pushing and polishing those franchises I bet you they’d be on par or close to the status of FF or Dragon Quest 

I have Phantasy Star 1-4 and Shining Force 1-3 on my phone and still play them occasionally. So many missed opportunities 

Edited by iStu X
24 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Shining Force had the chops to be as beloved and popular as at the very least Final Fantasy Tactics. 

Absolutely, before Fire Emblem blew up world wide with Awakening, Sega honestly could have made the Shining Force brand a household name with the right push. Hell Sakura Wars too.

It honestly is a but of a shame they took over Atlus, Sega most likely is going to just have them pump out Persona games and abandon their other franchises.

1 hour ago, JHDK said:

Never manned up and took down RE2:R?

Nah, I haven't. I think the only other RE game I ever played was the one where there's like a town and you go around shooting all the fucks. Trying to save some chick named Ashley. It was on Wii.

52 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Nah, I haven't. I think the only other RE game I ever played was the one where there's like a town and you go around shooting all the fucks. Trying to save some chick named Ashley. It was on Wii.

That was 4.

And arguably the other best RE game.

It eschewed most of its forebears survival horror trappings.

But it was still an excellent adventure game.

I put RE2:R just above it.

Everything that came before 4 was solid survival horror.

5 was Call of Booty: Black Ops, Z Edition.

It can go kick rocks.

It already punched a boulder.

Not the best.

6 was... the reason for 7.

Think Best of the Best 3 levels of off.

6 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Made to the castle in RE8. Someone at Capcom fucking hates Ethan. He has to be Wolverine to survive most of the shit they put him through.

You don't say?

Wolverine has the heart of a poet.

(See: Fall of the Mutants)

Is Ethan getting his Poe on?

1 hour ago, Wellman said:

Absolutely, before Fire Emblem blew up world wide with Awakening, Sega honestly could have made the Shining Force brand a household name with the right push. Hell Sakura Wars too.

It honestly is a but of a shame they took over Atlus, Sega most likely is going to just have them pump out Persona games and abandon their other franchises.

To be fair, Shining Force was a tad bit on the simplistic side.

But to this day,I wish for a successor to the greatness of Shining and the Holy Ark.

Sega needs to let some raw talent loose upon their copyright catalog.

Preferably some 40 year old dudes and dames who grew up on the Genesis.