Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

Finished RE8.

Spoiler

This was quite the ride. Ethan had be dead since the the prologue of RE7! His entire body is compose of mold. That definitely explains why he was able to survive shit that should have killed him.

Tank battle with Heisenberg was awesome. It reminded me of metal gear fight in MGS4

I'm interested in what happened to the BSAA. Using zombies as foot soldiers is one hell of a departure of their core values. No wonder Chris isn't affiliated with them anymore.

The ending with a teenage Rose got me curious. Is it a real time skip or does she have rapid aging like Eveline? 

I want to see @KingTubbstream this one.

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

You are gonna speak that into existence...you know that right?

Hey, it's it's free, I'd give it a whirl🤷‍♀️

I'm the industry's worst nightmare, a person that totally plays FTP games but never puts a dime into them

@HawkingbirdI thought about streaming RE8, but I kinda wanted to be able to really put some time and thought into it, find all the secrets and what not. 

Started streaming REmake 2 right before it came out and will probably pick that back up after I'm done with 8. 

Or I might stream RE4 cause I love that game so very very much 

Edited by KingTubb

Sony says they have 25 games in the works for PS5 currently, half are new IPs, Jim also says they're trying to fix the PS5 stock issue even with it outpacing PS4 sales

https://www.wired.com/story/playstation-5-six-months-later/

Side scrolling platformer Lumione announced for PC and Switch

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/05/side-scrolling-platformer-lumione-announced-for-switch-pc

vids

Spoiler

Extra

19 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Double Post.

Speaking of SRK, i find amusing how at the end, the combination of terrible admins and the fatfuck being a shit individual killed the site.

So much history lost, not that moist of it wasnt already gone due all their software changes for the forums.

It cracks me up that it still has the banner that says it is in read only for a week for maintenance, and we are 3 months in 🤣

Fun fact from work, Disney did this with a brand new ride that kept breaking down and just gave up:

https://yesterland.com/rocketrods.html

rocketrods_reopeningsign0000cb.jpg

That sign was up for 6+ months going through 2001 before it was just dropped and never announced to be forever closed and removed.  

19 hours ago, KingTubb said:

Hey, it's it's free, I'd give it a whirl🤷‍♀️

I'm the industry's worst nightmare, a person that totally plays FTP games but never puts a dime into them

@HawkingbirdI thought about streaming RE8, but I kinda wanted to be able to really put some time and thought into it, find all the secrets and what not. 

Started streaming REmake 2 right before it came out and will probably pick that back up after I'm done with 8. 

Or I might stream RE4 cause I love that game so very very much 

RE2:R and RE4 are so very good.

Are you going to go Leon or Claire?

At the end of the day, I think Leon is easier.

But the Ada segment remains my Hardcore runs' worst nightmare.

Those first two zombies' legs have to pop or you're in for a rough time.

11 hours ago, CDB2k20 said:

Just finished it an hour ago.

Game is amazing!!

It's in my top 3 RE.

I have it just below RE2: Remake, and RE5

Does it have the Bloodborne vibes like the trailers made it look like? I actually may wait and see if they put out a VR version, I've heard there are rumors that one might get released and if it does... Food Eating GIF

About 70-75% done with RE8

Spoiler

beat the fishboy last night. First good boss fight of the game imho if we aren't considering Varcolacs a boss. Lady D and her daughters are snooze fests, but fishboy was a great fight. 

Game keeps getting better and better as it goes on imho.

It does do the RE thing of starting to narrow the exploration and increase the bang bang shoot shoot parts towards the end, but I'd kinda digging it. 

Spoiler

Especially because the village acts as a hub that keeps having things open up as you progress. I enjoy going back and getting something new every time I go back there

26 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

About 70-75% done with RE8

Hide contents

beat the fishboy last night. First good boss fight of the game imho if we aren't considering Varcolacs a boss. Lady D and her daughters are snooze fests, but fishboy was a great fight. 

Game keeps getting better and better as it goes on imho.

It does do the RE thing of starting to narrow the exploration and increase the bang bang shoot shoot parts towards the end, but I'd kinda digging it. 

Hide contents

Especially because the village acts as a hub that keeps having things open up as you progress. I enjoy going back and getting something new every time I go back there

Same. 

Spoiler

I wanted to go back to every area of the village I been too once I got the water wheel. I wanted everything that was finding in those wheels. 

Make sure you get the goodies from the areas you need to use the crank for being heading to Heisenberg

5 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Same. 

Regarding This?

Spoiler

The bosses? Cause that's been the only disappointing thing for me so far. Heard a twitch talking head say all the boss fights were stellar and the best of the series, almost had me spitting out my coffee. 

Lady D is a big dumb bullet sponge and her daughters fights actually had me laughing because of how stupid they are. 

And if you consider the game of hide and seek a "boss" it might be the worst in the game. 

6 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Regarding This?

Hide contents

The bosses? Cause that's been the only disappointing thing for me so far. Heard a twitch talking head say all the boss fights were stellar and the best of the series, almost had me spitting out my coffee. 

Lady D is a big dumb bullet sponge and her daughters fights actually had me laughing because of how stupid they are. 

And if you consider the game of hide and seek a "boss" it might be the worst in the game. 

Spoiler

The hide and seek is my favorite boss fight of the game. I liked how unique it was compared to the other boss battles in the series. 

Yes, the battled against Lady D daughters are stupid. You'll think they'll just leave the room so the cold wouldn't affect then but no. 

I liked the fight against Lady D. At least she didn't no sell the damage I was doing like all the bosses in the game. 

Monster Hunter World surpasses 17 million sales

https://www.ign.com/articles/monster-hunter-world-passes-17-million-sales

Nice!  Rise is currently at 5 mill

Google insists that Stadia is Alive and Well

https://www.ign.com/articles/google-insists-stadia-remains-alive-and-well-despite-studio-closure-departures

So we are currently at the denial stage...

Nintendo is saying they still can't make enough Switches to meet demand

https://www.ign.com/articles/nintendo-physically-cant-make-enough-switch-consoles-right-now-and-that-might-continue

juicy new info I just noticed on Operation 7

https://www.gears5.com/operation-7-drop-1-reveal

finally!

"One of the most frequently asked questions we get in Gears 5 is about automatic card scrapping in PvE. We are happy to announce that in Operation 7 Drop 1 we will automatically convert your duplicated level 6 cards into Gear Coins! If you have any acquired duplicated cards before this update, they will be converted into Gear Coins up to a total limit of 100,000 Gear Coins. Any future cards you acquire that are level 6 and duplicate will be scrapped for Gear Coins."

Thats cool an all but...who really gives a shit when no one can get a PS5 anyway?

Less controller variants, more consoles please. 

Also I'm being serious with this line. If you guys haven't improved the build quality when making these new variants then fuck right off. I am so fucking sick of buying PS Pads every 6 or so months because of drift or some other horse shit cut corner on your controllers Sony. Get your shit together God Dammit 

Why would you want a PS5 controller when Sony has already been class action lawsuited over their shoddy build quality? They break in no time flat.  There are better options for less money. 

Those first lines where mostly a throw away joke at how no one can get their hardware. The paragraph about build quality is the serious part. 

Edited by RSG3

As part of Sega’s latest financial results report, the company had something of a public awakening, realising that after years and sometimes decades spent sitting in the archives, covered in dust, it might be worth bringing series like Jet Set Radio, Shinobi and Crazy Taxi back.

As you can see on this presentation slide, spotted by IGN, Sega got to talking about utilising their “globally recognised IP” in the months and years to come, and listed a whole bunch of “dormant” series that could benefit from either a “remaster”, “remake” or “reboot”.

8a9a200ac6c9daed61c37d018abfd308.png

If it wasn't for Might Keef's tweet that I saw, I wouldn't even know that Mass Effect "Legendary Edition" was coming out tomorrow. If you guys knew how much time put into ME1 and ME2, you'd know how far the series fell in my eyes. Mass Effect 3 was just that shitty. "It was good except for the ending" anyone that says that can miss me with that bull shit. I can't see myself picking this remaster up unless I see it at a STEEP discount and the mod community puts in some work on it.  TLDR; Didn't know Mass Effect Legendary Edition was dropping.  Why? Because fuck ME3.

Iiiiiiitttt's Friday, fools!!! You know what it is; VGM Friday.

Heard the soundtrack to Karous before I played the game. Def an all-time fav first level theme.

And I didn't think audio Genesis-like synth could be improved upon, but here we are. Can we please, PLEASE get this game on the SHMUP machine that is the Switch?!

Never played this game but I recently heard the soundtrack and it has some serious bangers in there. Favorite track by far.

I cannot wait to play some COTTON in June!

I still need to finish this game. Downloaded it off the eShop in 2018. 

I want this on Arcade Archives SO bad.

I was in a SHMIUP music mood today.

Emperors New Groove Reaction GIF

4 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

If it wasn't for Might Keef's tweet that I saw, I wouldn't even know that Mass Effect "Legendary Edition" was coming out tomorrow. If you guys knew how much time put into ME1 and ME2, you'd know how far the series fell in my eyes. Mass Effect 3 was just that shitty. "It was good except for the ending" anyone that says that can miss me with that bull shit. I can't see myself picking this remaster up unless I see it at a STEEP discount and the mod community puts in some work on it.  TLDR; Didn't know Mass Effect Legendary Edition was dropping.  Why? Because fuck ME3.

You just described how I see SF5.

:coffee:

5 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Thats cool an all but...who really gives a shit when no one can get a PS5 anyway?

Less controller variants, more consoles please. 

Also I'm being serious with this line. If you guys haven't improved the build quality when making these new variants then fuck right off. I am so fucking sick of buying PS Pads every 6 or so months because of drift or some other horse shit cut corner on your controllers Sony. Get your shit together God Dammit 

They are warm wet garbage in a paper bag.

Pre-orders are up for Dariusburst: Another Chronicle EX+.

https://www.amazon.com/Dariusburst-Another-Chronicle-Ex-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B093XMGQSQ/ref=sr_1_2?crid=MDMCEB2H56ZB&dchild=1&keywords=dariusburst+nintendo+switch&qid=1620968701&sprefix=dariusbur%2Caps%2C187&sr=8-2

Always down for some more Darius action. 

Speaking of SHMUPs, if @RSG3hasn't heard, Cotton Reboot! pre-orders are up. 

https://www.amazon.com/Cotton-Reboot-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B0947T6CW4/ref=sr_1_3?crid=4AOE1CUPBRDF&dchild=1&keywords=cotton+reboot+nintendo+switch&qid=1620969105&sprefix=cotton+reboot+n%2Caps%2C174&sr=8-3

I thought for sure I would have to import this one, but nope, it is getting a physical English release.

If you missed out on Blasphemous, good news! The game is getting another physical release in the form of a deluxe edition.

https://www.amazon.com/Blasphemous-Deluxe-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B093G5V4DW/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2I2XXO26LOLUG&dchild=1&keywords=blasphemous+deluxe+edition&qid=1620969535&sprefix=Blashp%2Caps%2C188&sr=8-1

All this physical game love!

unimpressed rupaul's drag race GIF by RealityTVGIFs

26 minutes ago, PVL_93_RU said:

Another dragon quest centric event, another time to raise hopes for a Dragon Quest 8 HD remaster. No, I don't consider the 3DS or mobile rerelease that. They're wack. 

I like the 3DS one.

It has a ton of new content.

The only issue I have with it, is the load times.

If it didn't have battle-screen loading, it would singularly be the GOAT.

As it stands, it is tied with its PS2 version.

There was simply too much good stuff added to it for it not to be.

20 minutes ago, PVL_93_RU said:

graphics are worse

voice acting is much lower quality

doesn't have syphonic orchestral soundtrack

random encounters are removed in favor of overworld monsters

the only plus of that release is being able to recruit Red to the party

Graphics aren’t everything. 

I disagree 

So? 
thank god. It was so much easier to grind metal slime family because of it. As well as alchemy pot ingredients.

that port polished and fixed so much from the OG version. I love it. If it wasn’t for being 70 hours deep in Xenoblade I’d fire it up right now. It’s one of those games I’ll always happily go back to. 

it sounds like you’re just cherry picking irrelevancies. 

Edited by iStu X
31 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Graphics aren’t everything. 

I disagree 

So? 
thank god. It was so much easier to grind metal slime family because of it. As well as alchemy pot ingredients.

that port polished and fixed so much from the OG version. I love it. If it wasn’t for being 70 hours deep in Xenoblade I’d fire it up right now. It’s one of those games I’ll always happily go back to. 

it sounds like you’re just cherry picking irrelevancies. 

2 new party members, far easier metal hunting, extra dungeons, and the best damned photo mini-game ever.

I loved that mini-game.

It gave truly great rewards.