Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

Interview with Doug Bowser over Switch's lifecycle aaaand of course the rumor swirling around Switch Pro

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2021/06/18/nintendo-doug-bowser-switch-interview/

hmmmm...so Bowser doesn't really kill the rumors and just says 'we'll release new hardware when we think the time is right'.  I still stand by what I said earlier...if it isn't announced this year then the chances of it happening go down signifcantly afterward. 

Disney's new philosophy towards games

https://www.ign.com/articles/disney-games-lucasfilm-philosophy-star-wars-avatar-pirates-indie

This interview is interesting...They talk about their stance on how they did games in the past vs what they're doing now with giving IP's to those who are looking to create new worlds and stories within their IP and they even said that the offer is out there for indie devs too.  From the sounds of things in the interview they hear the pitch from the studios and if you can sort of show that you're passionate about the IP then they'll more than likely feel that it's in the right hands.  This seems to be what happened with the Indiana Jones game, Avatar, and the Pirates of the Caribbean crossover with Sea of Thieves.  What they're doing right now in terms of licensing is really near skies the limit if a publisher has an awesome idea and wows them....so that means that marvel vs DC game by Netherealm could actually be real.  Sounds like there's a lot of other deals that are being worked on that we'll be finding out about over the next few years.

Bayo 3 is progressing well, will be shown when both publish and dev are ready to show

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/bayonetta-3-is-progressing-well-behind-the-scenes-insist-nintendo-execs/

20 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Limited Run Games (@LimitedRunGames) Tweeted:
The cult classic is coming back to modern consoles. Castlevania Requiem: Symphony of the Night & Rondo of Blood is getting a physical edition on PS4 via https://t.co/uFFLbeCnQB! More details to come. #LRG3 https://t.co/Qvb0p9zJpZ

Castlevania Requiem is getting a physical release via LGR. 

Will have to scoop. They have a few copies of the Classic Collection physical available. Think I'm going to try and scoop the PS4 version and record some play throughs of the games. It's actually been long enough I would need to learn some of 1 and most of 3 again. Bloodlines been a while to and recording play throughs would be good motivation to learn them again. 

Edit: Dunno why it formatted so odd. 

and here i'm thinking about doing the same but with the metroid games

6 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Interview with Doug Bowser over Switch's lifecycle aaaand of course the rumor swirling around Switch Pro

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2021/06/18/nintendo-doug-bowser-switch-interview/

hmmmm...so Bowser doesn't really kill the rumors and just says 'we'll release new hardware when we think the time is right'.  I still stand by what I said earlier...if it isn't announced this year then the chances of it happening go down signifcantly afterward. 

Disney's new philosophy towards games

https://www.ign.com/articles/disney-games-lucasfilm-philosophy-star-wars-avatar-pirates-indie

This interview is interesting...They talk about their stance on how they did games in the past vs what they're doing now with giving IP's to those who are looking to create new worlds and stories within their IP and they even said that the offer is out there for indie devs too.  From the sounds of things in the interview they hear the pitch from the studios and if you can sort of show that you're passionate about the IP then they'll more than likely feel that it's in the right hands.  This seems to be what happened with the Indiana Jones game, Avatar, and the Pirates of the Caribbean crossover with Sea of Thieves.  What they're doing right now in terms of licensing is really near skies the limit if a publisher has an awesome idea and wows them....so that means that marvel vs DC game by Netherealm could actually be real.  Sounds like there's a lot of other deals that are being worked on that we'll be finding out about over the next few years.

Bayo 3 is progressing well, will be shown when both publish and dev are ready to show

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/bayonetta-3-is-progressing-well-behind-the-scenes-insist-nintendo-execs/

A Marvel vs DC game you say? I think I recall Disney saying that they're on good terms with Warner/DC so maybe what u say holds weight 👀

2 hours ago, HD-Man said:

A Marvel vs DC game you say? I think I recall Disney saying that they're on good terms with Warner/DC so maybe what u say holds weight 👀

What I'm saying is based off a previous rumor that popped up that NRS was doing something with Marvel.  With what Disney is saying towards their philosophy on handing out IP's to passionate developers it gives it a bit more credence.   We only just started hearing the first rumblings of this rumor this year so if its true we don't know how long this project has been in development for.  If it's just started we probably won't see anything on it until 2-3 years from now.

OUTRIDERS---

FINALLY! I was able to get a gold rank on a tier 14 expedition...I just searched for random groups and did it with 2 others... we had a super-strong Technomancer hosting, and another person on Devastator....the Tech had something like 170 or so million damage and I had 83 mil, and the Dev had less than that....we just barely made it in time for the gold but there it was...I had finally made it into the true endgame....ha, "we're in the endgame now, Tony."  

I already had enough to upgrade a few pieces of gear, so right after that I bumped up 3 or 4 equipped items to 50....a few t15 runs later I only have 2 items left that are 49.  My anomaly power baseline is up to 147k at this point.  sheeeeitttttt the HYPE when that slow-motion finish and the GOLD rank completion time came up, man

Ric Flair Wrestling GIF by WWE

...but of course...STILL no extra pieces of Acari set. 😞 Hopefully next week's update will fix my luck there and I finally get it.  

Well, it's that time, folks... D&D Dark Alliance is out Tuesday (really Monday night), 

then Scarlet Nexus is out on Thursday night!

I was just watching this video to see the pre-order bonuses but they also have gameplay footage too

edit-----220 million damage on this expedition in Outriders just now... 97 mil of it just from my FASER beam.

Sheet GIF

Edited by MillionX
3 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I don't know why I saw mall and not mail in what you said.   In either case not bad!

It’s all good. I’m watching a few copies of FF: 4 Heroes of Light too. I owned it but never got around to playing it. I just wish it wasn’t worth so much now. 😞 

55 minutes ago, GreyFoxx said:

Snagged Dark Souls 3. Been ages since i dabbled in a Dark Souls game plus with all the DLC for $21 wasn't a bad deal.

Damn I got just the game itself for $15 a couple months ago. Guess I shoulda waited. Although it's probably going to be awhile before I'm finished with the first game so it might go on sale again in the meantime lol

Yeah at this point I don't even want to hear about TxSF unless its like "here's a trailer!".   People talk about certain games where they have to just pretend they don't exist since they've been in development or development hell for just a few years and here we got TxSF trying to beat out Final Fantasy Ver-oh I mean Final Fantasy XV for its second place spot in development time.

23 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Yeah at this point I don't even want to hear about TxSF unless its like "here's a trailer!".   People talk about certain games where they have to just pretend they don't exist since they've been in development or development hell for just a few years and here we got TxSF trying to beat out Final Fantasy Ver-oh I mean Final Fantasy XV for its second place spot in development time.

Don't be like that, bro. It's coming out (before we all die maybe) 😂

I was at the EVO TxSF was announced. Same with SBO and EVO doing a cross  over event and EVO Japan. That shit was beyond hype. We were so loud during those string of announcements it felt like the room was shaking. 

Edited by iStu X