Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

9 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

You have to wonder if that's something people started talking about organically or of it was some cheese dick YouTuber mining for content. 

I saw a few impressions like that on Twitter. Things like this game must be cheap to make since it’s 2D, it should be priced lower because it’s 2D, comparing it to other games that are 3D and worth $60, etc. I know a few of the people saying them wouldn’t buy a Nintendo game at all so I wouldn’t’ be surprised if they just said these to be assholes. 

12 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

I saw a few impressions like that on Twitter. Things like this game must be cheap to make since it’s 2D, it should be priced lower because it’s 2D, comparing it to other games that are 3D and worth $60, etc. I know a few of the people saying them wouldn’t buy a Nintendo game at all so I wouldn’t’ be surprised if they just said these to be assholes. 

Gamers are idiots. Like I don't entirely blame devs that freak out on the fanbases of the games they're working on since it seems like a significant portion of those people think games just appear out of thin air. 

2 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Super Metroid was $60 when it released.

El5N3QPWkAEXNqC.jpg

That's equivalent to $109 today.

Fuck them kids.

I remember when the SNES came out and was $200 which was unheard of for a game console at the time. Only kid I knew who had one was.thr kid whose mom ditched his real father to marry a local banker and was still trying to buy his love at that point. 

2 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I remember when the SNES came out and was $200 which was unheard of for a game console at the time. Only kid I knew who had one was.thr kid whose mom ditched his real father to marry a local banker and was still trying to buy his love at that point. 

I got mine a year after release, for my 12th birthday. I had to beg my mom to get my aunts and uncles and grandparents to go in on it for me. Best birthday ever. Except for the one I got Super Metroid two years later.

4 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

I got mine a year after release, for my 12th birthday. I had to beg my mom to get my aunts and uncles and grandparents to go in on it for me. Best birthday ever. Except for the one I got Super Metroid two years later.

I remember when I got mine with SF2 one Christmas. Man that was the best Christmas. I remember finding where my folks hid the presents and just taking the game box out and just looking it over. 

1 minute ago, DoctaMario said:

I remember when I got mine with SF2 one Christmas. Man that was the best Christmas. I remember finding where my folks hid the presents and just taking the game box out and just looking it over. 

I can't wait to get my daughter cool presents when she's a little older. Man I hope she likes videogames! Gonna whoop her ass in some Mario Kart 😂

14 hours ago, Chadouken said:

My brother and I gamed the system. We both asked for SNES for Christmas and we both asked for Genesis the next year. Outside of the Neo Geo, we basically ended up with all the consoles that way. We didn't get a TG16 but my brother snagged a TurboXpress on clearance for $100. We got a Sega CD the same way we went half on an X'Eye that was on clearance. That was cool ass little system. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem

I hope this means Panzer Dragoon Zwei gets a quality remake now that they also learned from the issues they had with the first one.

But what exactly are they doing that frugal AF Nintendo would be opening the wallet to bank them? Can't be cause of games alone especially the ones we know of. I love Panzer Dragoon and House of the Dead but those are no money makers.

ha, I remember back in the day...an old friend at the time would claim he had ALL the systems, even the absurdly expensive Neo Geo, and a PC that could play games....but of course, the pre-loaded excuse was that most it was at his Dad's house who conveniently lives in another state, of course.

Anyway, I started on D&D Dark Alliance with the Dwarf guy; partly because I noticed what characters some other friends play with (*and of course you can't play the same character... I understand why it's that way but that's still quite an annoying thing....Gears 5 Horde mode had this problem in the beginning but they eventually changed that.)

...but tomorrow night though... it's Scarlet Nexus time, folks.

Concept art for Sonic Prime got leaked

FF7R's honeybee Inn originally had a pole dance in it but got taken out over concerns of the rating

https://www.ign.com/articles/final-fantasy-7-remake-pole-dancing-scene-removed-rating-concerns

Looks like a demo for Neo is coming soon

https://www.ign.com/articles/square-enix-accidentally-leaks-neo-the-world-ends-with-you-demo

22 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

I don't think it works like that. If you block low, you can still get hit by a high attack. @Psychobluecould tell you better though. 

If you're losing to downbackers in a 2v2 game where many characters can combo from overheads without meter and characters regularly do 350+ off a jab confirm, AND you have options to cover every possible oki situation like throwing rolls, creating hard-to-blockables or free oki setups depending how they wake up...that's on you.  Other than the top 6 characters who are top 6 for the very reason that they keep their turn a crazy long time without having to worry about tag cancelling, characters get caught by all sort of front-back shenanigans even during regular tag cancel situations.  I've seen people tag cancel into Raven, then teleport back so that their partner can get hit by the opponent as a decoy, then Crush Counter them with far HP into 400+ without bar with Raven who just waited to whiff punish them as their partner took the hits.  The RnK guys created some insane setups using Cross Assaults too.

Press Release of the MKL: Battle of the Realms animated movie

https://nerdreactor.com/2021/06/23/mortal-kombat-legends-battle-of-the-realms-announced/

New info: regarding the Special Features:

Mortal Kombat Legends: Battle of the Realms Special Features
Blu-ray, 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack and Digital

● The God and the Dragon: Battling for Earthrealm (Featurette) – Go behind the scenes and inside the creative process of bringing Mortal Kombat Legends: Battle of the Realms to action-packed life on screen.
● Voices of Kombat (Featurette) – Join Joel McHale, Jennifer Carpenter, and the cast as they detail the process of creating unique and compelling voices for the larger-than-life characters in the film.
● Kombat Gags: Gag Reel (Featurette) – Step inside the VO booth with the cast of the film for all of the flubbed lines and outrageously improvised lines from the cutting room floor.
● Mortal Kombat Legends: Battle of the Realms Audio Commentary (Audio Only) – Producer Rick Morales and Screenwriter Jeremy Adams take the audience inside the art of writing and animating the film in this feature length audio commentary

1 hour ago, Psychoblue said:

If you're losing to downbackers in a 2v2 game where many characters can combo from overheads without meter and characters regularly do 350+ off a jab confirm, AND you have options to cover every possible oki situation like throwing rolls, creating hard-to-blockables or free oki setups depending how they wake up...that's on you.  Other than the top 6 characters who are top 6 for the very reason that they keep their turn a crazy long time without having to worry about tag cancelling, characters get caught by all sort of front-back shenanigans even during regular tag cancel situations.  I've seen people tag cancel into Raven, then teleport back so that their partner can get hit by the opponent as a decoy, then Crush Counter them with far HP into 400+ without bar with Raven who just waited to whiff punish them as their partner took the hits.  The RnK guys created some insane setups using Cross Assaults too.

Got any clips of this stuff?

I was sure I had more time in Outriders than this...but I'm only up to a "mere" 224 hours played at this point... and STILL no hope of ever getting the Acari set bonus.  With the boosted legendary drop rate, I keep getting legendaries now....it's just everything except that shit, of course.

well, it just hit me... where is the Wizard/Mage type in the new D&D game?  Typically there's always that archetype in the usual RPG cast of player-characters...and that's what I usually lean towards.  They might have that as a possible DLC plan for later, I bet.  

So far I've actually died the first few times just on the first mission as Dwarf...the last time seemed questionable, as I drank the healing potion and had health but still got frozen and died.....with my 80%-ish full health still visible on screen as it said "You have fallen."  I may just switch over to the apparent top tiers Catty Brie and Wulfgar to breeze through for easy achievements...but I still want to play Dwarf though.

Outriders---still no hope of Acari set pieces.  It's frustrating because of how essential that shit is for Pyro.  The character is ridiculously strong without it, but still gimped in comparison to a Pyro that has the Acari set bonus going on....it's like being stuck as a "mere" super-saiyan 2.... while other people are running around with Ultra Instinct/ssj-blue God power.

Edited by MillionX
8 minutes ago, Wellman said:

Vanessa looks like they tried to de-age her or give her a typical moe face. It looks a bit off to me.

Her face looks fine to me. Vanessa's model does bother a bit. Her proportions are a bit off after closer inspection. Her arms seems too long. She has narrow torso with wide shoulders. The combination looks off in some screenshots. I think its a result of them reusing her KOFXIV animation's.

4 hours ago, MillionX said:

well, it just hit me... where is the Wizard/Mage type in the new D&D game?  Typically there's always that archetype in the usual RPG cast of player-characters...and that's what I usually lean towards.  They might have that as a possible DLC plan for later, I bet.

Well, the way it is right now the 4 playable characters are the 4 main characters from a book series.  There really are no mages in those books other than the first 3 really and those are dark elves and they tend not to be as powerful on the surface and they're bad guys.  Cattie-brie does turn to a wizard or mage way later in the series, further than Ive read, I think. 

Anyhow, even though these are the characters from my favorite series the game is pretty meh.  Lots of fucked up shit going on.

Edit - There are mages and wizards and shit in the books but they're always bad guys.  Only good guy I remember is Caderly and he's from a different series.  But they meet up.  He aint a wizard though, he's a cleric (I think been a while since I read the books).

Edited by Faltimar the Dark
1 hour ago, purbeast said:

Why is that video of Avatar the first I've heard about that game?

That game looks sick as shit!

Avatar was Ubisoft's "one last game" announcement to end their E3 conference this year.  If you didn't watch Ubisoft's conference then that might be why you didn't hear about it.

9 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Avatar was Ubisoft's "one last game" announcement to end their E3 conference this year.  If you didn't watch Ubisoft's conference then that might be why you didn't hear about it.

Oh damn so Ubisoft is actually making the full game?  Thought it was just their engine being used.  

7 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Spencer says they're down to do an update for KI, just need the right team and the right opportunity

https://www.ign.com/articles/killer-instinct-new-game-right-team

Did Iron Galaxy not end the series on good terms with M$ or are they too busy?  and if so I 'm having a hard time thinking of what other team would be free if they're not doing it internally.

Iron Galaxy ruined that game so if it does get updated, I sure as shit hope IG and Keits is as far away from it as possible.