Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

16 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

All the issues with Cristales on Switch has me wanting to pass on it there. I haven't looked into it's performance on other Platforms but if it's better on PS4 then I'll get it there. It looks really good and I really want it but I'm not dealing with loading that long on random battles. 

Not gonna lie, it’s pretty brutal. 

On 7/21/2021 at 11:09 PM, Hecatom said:

LMAO, i have never interacted with Jason Shreier, but it seems he has me blocked, fucking kek 🤣

There are two things you need to know about Jason Shreier.

1.) He's really good investigative reporter.

2.) He's a hyper sensitive cry baby that blocks people for simply agreeing with someone or something he dislikes.

sheeeittt, I've been playing a ton of SoR4 since the update... speaking of music, the most memorable of the new music in that game is that theme of the stage where you start in a jail cell, and you're beating up a combination of thugs and officers/guards(?) in the prison.

I have it on XB1 and Switch, but I've played way more of this game on Switch... on there I have about all the characters from the older games unlocked at this point.  

This week was the first time I've had to travel for work, so naturally I had my beloved Switch by my side at all times.  There were a few times where I had to do this whole annoying "being social" thing and all that jazz.  I brought quite a few physical games along with the stuff I have as digital downloads of course, but I mostly stuck to Streets of Rage. 

Edited by MillionX
59 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

There are two things you need to know about Jason Shreier.

1.) He's really good investigative reporter.

2.) He's a hyper sensitive cry baby that blocks people for simply agreeing with someone or something he dislikes.

I really respect Shrier as a journalist, since he does real investigating journalism and not the crap most clowns do those days. 

But when it com to how he handles himself at times, he sure can be a crybaby. 

The hilarious thing of all of this, is that my twitter account is only used for 2 things, follow hentai artists and science accounts, and post the daily tweets of a gacha game 😂😂

I can only assume that i was blocked because i may follow someone he thinks is a wrong thinker or liked some tweet of one🤣

Edited by Hecatom
47 minutes ago, MillionX said:

sheeeittt, I've been playing a ton of SoR4 since the update... speaking of music, the most memorable of the new music in that game is that theme of the stage where you start in a jail cell, and you're beating up a combination of thugs and officers/guards(?) in the prison.

I have it on XB1 and Switch, but I've played way more of this game on Switch... on there I have about all the characters from the older games unlocked at this point.  

This week was the first time I've had to travel for work, so naturally I had my beloved Switch by my side at all times.  There were a few times where I had to do this whole annoying "being social" thing and all that jazz.  I brought quite a few physical games along with the stuff I have as digital downloads of course, but I mostly stuck to Streets of Rage. 

The track in question is "Call The Cops".  Def popular cause it was the first track that popped up in my search.

It really is pathetic they do something like this when eyes are on them.

Last time they announced Overwatch 2 (with no gameplay footage to show), the time before that, they revealed that Soldier 76 was gay. 

21 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

I can only assume that i was blocked because i may follow someone he thinks is a wrong thinker or liked some tweet of one🤣

A few game developers and insiders run blockchains on Twitter. So if someone dunks on one of their bad takes, blocking them means blocking everyone that follows them. 

Seeing as you follow artists, the artist in question probably made fun of the fact that Shreir had called the Sorceress from Dragon’s Crown a loli. 

Speaking of Twatter retardation, it seems that some idiots are trying to stir some shit around the last Ratchet and Clank, suposedly, those idiots are ex imsomniac devs that quit because they found Rivet desing sexist for being anatomically female, you know the usual stupidity those idiots go around, and of course retardera is doing what they always do.

4 hours ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

Cause I feel that game music is only good during the games.  And there is a thread for game music.

edit - also any video you post on friday (or anyone else video posts) get buried by all the music videos.

You're allowed to be a hater, heck I'll admit I rarely participate or even listen to all the submissions posted BUUUUUUUT, bruv! It ain't hurting you to scroll past all the submissions. 

Also as a guy who saved a lot of music from many games, I HIGHLY disagree that game music is only good during said game. Naw that hot take is wack! 

41 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Stupid Twitter stuff.

Yeah, I was able to catch some of it before being blockchained by the guy. The dude was saying we need to be better than before so we don’t have the blizzard thing happen again. There are a few problems with that.

1)  A woman was so tired and afraid of being sexually harassed by her coworkers that she committed suicide. You shouldn’t compare an experience so horrible with ‘why giving Rivet boobs will hurt someone’. They are nowhere near the same thing.

2)  Blaming anyone else except the people who did have something to do with that is why situations like this keep happening. 

3) The guy who said this stuff is most likely faking his concern. Earlier this year he went on a  38 tweet tirade about how it’s actually fine to simp for Lady Dimitrescu from RE8 after others pointed out the hypocrisy and was excited for the ‘Furry Awakening’ that Rivet could spawn after the first trailer. He definitely has some skeletons.

was getting ready to purchase Cris Tales on Switch ... until I read @iStu Xpost about the issues with the game there. Was planning on getting it and Cotton Reboot together, but it would be $100 worth of eShop credit I'd have to get in order to buy both games! I dunno if I'm up for waiting for Cris Tales to be fixed on Switch either ...

Edited by YourFavGrandpa
21 minutes ago, nickmanx5 said:

i swear my exact thoughts the turn before  that shit happened  were this is going pretty smoothly.

Yea, that's generally how it goes woth Press Turn and Once More. Just when you settle in a bit they turn on you like a bad habit. 

So, Astria Ascending, a game I am very much looking forward to just unveiled its in-game pastime game called J-Ster. this is its trailer with very brief gameplay of it. 

The reason I am so excited for this and why I find it so cool is back in the mid to late 2000’s there was a game that played seemingly exactly how J-Ster does called Clout.

https://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Clout_series

You used poker chips that represented monsters to battle each other. I don’t know if J-Ster will go crazy in-depth like Clout did with clan bonuses, unit bonuses, foundation locations, etc but I won’t be surprised if it does. 

I find it absolutely mind blowing and hilarious that a game I played for its brief life span has been seemingly reborn in a JRPG. 

Edited by iStu X