Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

13 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

This game is 1st and foremost aimed to fans of the Phantom Breaker ips.

This is not aimed at you

Hol up.

It's actually a sequel?

Well, damn, I might have to concede that one after all. Never even heard of the franchise before. 🤣

18 minutes ago, Volt said:

Hol up.

It's actually a sequel?

Well, damn, I might have to concede that one after all. Never even heard of the franchise before. 🤣

Is the 3rd game in the fg series.

And is a crossover of multiple pre exisntent visual novels.

Is right there on my 1st reply.

None of the previous games has ever left japan, since they are small scope fgs done to be fanservice games for the fans.

Is less common now, but during the 90's and 00's it was very common for companies to release small fgs for their ips.

Koihime Musou Enbu, Big Bang Beat, MB, etc are this kind of projects.

I know that it sounds backwards specially now days with massive announcements and all of that, but the truth is that not every game is trying to expand the ip for newcomers, or at least not with their initial announcement, and sometimes they are just meant to be celebrations and fanservice for those who are already in the in.

Edited by Hecatom

ah there's the right thread

hell yeah-- Amalur Update--- so I got Zuul to level 25 now; enough points in sorcery to get top-rank skill "Meteor".  (also set into the top mage destiny "Sorcerer")It's about as devastating as I remember in the original.  Most enemies get instantly destroyed.  The damage is just disgusting... on humanoid enemies like the "Tuatha", I keep seeing it hit for a bit over 2,000 damage or so, instantly killing those fools from full health.   So...if you are going all out, no mercy on the enemies...you cast Meteor right as you enter the battle.

At this point, I have skills over-leveled in everything I want out of Sorcery, so I could start just putting my future points into something else...with this character it's probably going to be Might skills.

In terms of world progress I'm in the eastern half of the map now, making my way to Alabastra....about to finish up the "House of Sorrows".

Some media outlets pick up on login issues and auto bans people are dealing with with Facebook with the Quest 2

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-10-15-oculus-quest-2s-are-being-bricked-by-facebook-account-merge-issues

https://uploadvr.com/facebook-account-quest-paperweight/

So many people are getting fucked by this. This fucking sucks as the hardware is great and serves a great entry point for VR but Facebook has potentially fucked it all up.

9 minutes ago, misterBee said:

You know I played Bayonetta and liked it, but I'm a bit confused about the insane love people have for that game.

Cute Nendoroid though.

I’m the same way about platinum developed games in general. They’re either “just fine” to me or I just simply don’t like them. 

Edited by iStu X
5 hours ago, MillionX said:

aren't they eventually planning to require a real facebook login with that?  That was the last I heard of it which turned a LOT of people off... 

The Facebook login is what causing the problems. People who tried to create accounts get auto banned by the algorithm, merging Oculus accounts with Facebook isn't clear cut which caused people to merge the wrong accounts, create a new Oculus account that gets merged with Facebook or the merging itself gets botched. The last two have caused people to lose their libraries. Lastly, Facebook didn't take into account of multiple people using one headset and currently there's no multi account support. Everything about this has been a dumpster fire. This massive corporation has no clue how consumer electronics should work.

17 minutes ago, M A R T I A N said:

I don't think the appeal of something like Bayonetta could be more straightforward, really. 

A sexy witch kicking the shit out of angels with hyper stylized combat and a fantastic soundtrack. 

Honestly the first three words of that should be enough. 

Yeah I'm not a massive fan but I like the games and for me, the style is what appeals to me. Cool designs and the game is unapologetic about what it is. 

haha, surprising that YongYea hasn't made a vid at least that I'm aware of...if there is some amazingly incompetent disaster in the industry for people to laugh about, he's usually on it like flies on shit 🤣

thinking of stylish action in general...once again a dream-game idea came to mind... something that sadly no one else has attempted, though there might be hope considering vamps are finally "in style" in gaming lately...

1. Stylish Action Genre  
  2. Vampires (as the main playable characters)

Come on now, game industry.  How is it that no one made this magic combo happen yet?  Naturally the enemies would be various other supernatural beings, and humans that hunt and kill supernaturals.  Throw in some heavy character customization as well; outfits and accessories, hairstyles, skin tones, etc.  Put the usual tones of morality there... that persistent question of "who's really the bad guys here..?"... the list goes on.

All you have to do is imagine your average DMC or Bayonetta, and swap in some vamps (and other things) as the stars of the show, and you get the greatness I'm thinking of here.

sheeeittt, one of the many nitpicks I had about Code Vein was that things were just so damn slow....because the game is trying more to be like a "Souls" game. (getting tired of so many trying to be that, btw...the combat in those games is clunky and SLOW.)  I want the quick dodges and teleporting, fancy air combos for days, parries and all that shit.

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, MillionX said:

haha, surprising that YongYea hasn't made a vid at least that I'm aware of...if there is some amazingly incompetent disaster in the industry for people to laugh about, he's usually on it like flies on shit 🤣

thinking of stylish action in general...once again a dream-game idea came to mind... something that sadly no one else has attempted, though there might be hope considering vamps are finally "in style" in gaming lately...

1. Stylish Action Genre  
  2. Vampires (as the main playable characters)

Come on now, game industry.  How is it that no one made this magic combo happen yet?  Naturally the enemies would be various other supernatural beings, and humans that hunt and kill supernaturals.  Throw in some heavy character customization as well; outfits and accessories, hairstyles, skin tones, etc.  Put the usual tones of morality there... that persistent question of "who's really the bad guys here..?"... the list goes on.

All you have to do is imagine your average DMC or Bayonetta, and swap in some vamps (and other things) as the stars of the show, and you get the greatness I'm thinking of here.

sheeeittt, one of the many nitpicks I had about Code Vein was that things were just so damn slow....because the game is trying more to be like a "Souls" game. (getting tired of so many trying to be that, btw...the combat in those games is clunky and SLOW.)  I want the quick dodges and teleporting, fancy air combos for days, parries and all that shit.

LOK: Defiance kind of sdid this. 

12 hours ago, M A R T I A N said:

I don't think the appeal of something like Bayonetta could be more straightforward, really. 

A sexy witch kicking the shit out of angels with hyper stylized combat and a fantastic soundtrack. 

Honestly the first three words of that should be enough. 

12 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Whats confusing about it misterBee?

I understand the appeal.  It's a good action game with a lot of style, but it's not like it was the first of its kind or necessarily even the best.  I just don't know why some fans act like it's the greatest game to ever grace the Earth.  The obsession fans have with Bayonetta sequels (or the lack thereof) seems disproportionate to the quality of the actual games themselves.

Not shitting on Bayonetta - I liked it a lot.  Just seems a bit over-hyped on the internet.

4 hours ago, misterBee said:

Not shitting on Bayonetta - I liked it a lot.  Just seems a bit over-hyped on the internet.

People over-hyping stuff on the internet? You don't say?

I think its Iduno's point combined with her design. Its a real stylish, sexy design and relative to a lot of female chars she is empowered and powerful in her world. I'm sure that has a lot of appeal to people who wouldn't look twice at something like DMC.

Plus she has mega booty. If Dante had a dump truck ass maybe he'd get more fan art.

5 hours ago, misterBee said:

I understand the appeal.  It's a good action game with a lot of style, but it's not like it was the first of its kind or necessarily even the best.  I just don't know why some fans act like it's the greatest game to ever grace the Earth.  The obsession fans have with Bayonetta sequels (or the lack thereof) seems disproportionate to the quality of the actual games themselves.

Bayonetta is from the director of the original DMC. So fans of DMC gravitated towards and felt that it was the evolution that DMC's gameplay. DMC4 felt stale to a portion of the fanbase and Bayonetta scratched their itch. 

@GetTheTables Dante can get more fan art? Is that possible? Or would it break the internet like Minecraft Steve's announcement for Smash broke Twitter? 🤔

Edited by Darc_Requiem
26 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@GetTheTables Dante can get more fan art? Is that possible? Or would it break the internet like Minecraft Steve's announcement for Smash broke Twitter? 🤔

You give that man a dummy-thicc, keep-time-with-the-booty-claps, birds-perch-on-it ass and yeah I think he'd be pretty popular on the Twitter. 

If Capcom really wants to break the internet next DMC have Dante and Vergil finally kiss (maybe with Nero watching with reluctant excitement), and *boom*, best selling game in Capcom history. In a year it'll outsell lifetime Minecraft.

You're welcome Capcom. Use that money to steal ArcSys' graphics tech and make the next SF6 look like that but with Alpha style designs.

2 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

You give that man a dummy-thicc, keep-time-with-the-booty-claps, birds-perch-on-it ass and yeah I think he'd be pretty popular on the Twitter. 

If Capcom really wants to break the internet next DMC have Dante and Vergil finally kiss (maybe with Nero watching with reluctant excitement), and *boom*, best selling game in Capcom history. In a year it'll outsell lifetime Minecraft.

You're welcome Capcom. Use that money to steal ArcSys' graphics tech and make the next SF6 look like that but with Alpha style designs.

kCXujsI.gif

33 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

"You're welcome Capcom"

Ej0dlJqX0AI99e_?format=jpg&name=small

9 hours ago, misterBee said:

Since it became a nintendo exclusive after the sequel they are over hyping it even more reaching levels of smash annoyence at this point. 

I still can't finish the first game I got bored with it. 

Edited by rukawa_kaede
10 hours ago, misterBee said:

It is one of the best of its kind. That's why fans love them so much. 

Alright, his post was real dumb but it was topped off with an actual really good idea. 

A Street Fighter game with the Arcsys style animation, where the characters are made to look like moving representations of the Alpha 3 Bengus art. 

bf741d66139c82bc15b8a950a25a421c.jpg

street_fighter_alpha_3_max_conceptart_Hq

1471297804-2986164050.jpg

Holy fucking shit, can you imagine these stylized drawings in motion as a playable GAME? Jesus my dick gets hard just thinking about it. It'd be the most gorgeous SF ever made. Alpha 3 isn't my favorite or anything but that game has always been explosively colorful and packed with style, from top to bottom.

I would just love Street Fighter to attempt something a little more daring than just using 3D models for the next game. 

I'm a PC gamer but there are some jewels on consoles that i just have to play so i am playing Dante's Inferno currently on an emulator with the gamepad i use for Street Fighter.

I do love the theme of the game and the soundtrack is amazing. I love this score. 

I always loved the holy knight archetype character. 

Edited by Skort
Just now, Skort said:

I'm a PC gamer but there are some jewels on consoles that i just have to play so i am playing Dante's Inferno currently on an emulator with the gamepad i use for Street Fighter.

I do love the theme of the game and the soundtrack is amazing. I love this score. 

I always loved the holy knight themed character.

I was so dissapointed when I learned a couple months ago this game isn't available anywhere on PC.  I don't remember it really having any performance issues on console but I'd just love to see it at its fullest potential, visually. The atmosphere is incredible. One of my favorite action games ever, despite some of its problems. 

What are you emulating it on? CSPS3? 

5 minutes ago, M A R T I A N said:

I was so dissapointed when I learned a couple months ago this game isn't available anywhere on PC.  I don't remember it really having any performance issues on console but I'd just love to see it at its fullest potential, visually. The atmosphere is incredible. One of my favorite action games ever, despite some of its problems. 

What are you emulating it on? CSPS3? 

Using this https://rpcs3.net/   and you can upscale a lot of things to make it look fantastic.

Edited by Skort
11 minutes ago, Skort said:

I always loved the holy knight archetype character. 

I really like the game. Pity they never made sequels because they really had something special considering the world the game takes place. Limbo is so cool, dark and you hear all the laments. Lust must have been to your liking, female warriors growing huge dicks out, reminds you of Poison eh?

5 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

I really like the game. Pity they never made sequels because they really had something special considering the world the game takes place. Limbo is so cool, dark and you hear all the laments. Lust must have been to your liking, female warriors growing huge dicks out, reminds you of Poison eh?

Bro wtf....

37 minutes ago, Skort said:

PS : the game gives me mad Castlevania Lords of Shadow 1 vibes. A game that i absolutely adore.

Glad to hear someone else liked LoS1 besides me. I've been a massive CV fan since 88/89, and I thought the direction they went with LoS (1 anyway) was excellent. It's unfortunate that the game gets the bad rap it does by legions of internet people who have probably never really played it. 

Edited by DoctaMario
Just now, DoctaMario said:

Glad to hear someone else liked LoS1 besides me. I've been a massive CV fan since 88/89, and I thought the direction they went with LoS (1 anyway) was excellent. It's unfortunate that the game gets the bad rap it does by legions of people who have probably never really played it. 

Lords of Shadow 1 is my favorite Castlevania game and i have no issue admitting it. The story is cool, the soundtrack is fantastic and the level design is top notch. Especially the Vampire levels. 

It's a dark game with a long campaign and it truly feels like a huge quest. I much prefer it to Lords of Shadow 2 , that improves on some aspects, such as free camera for example, but fails to deliver the same feel, because i much prefer the setting in  LS 1 as opposed to futuristic cities that LS 2 has.

3ls.jpg

2ls.jpg

1ls.jpg

26 minutes ago, Skort said:

Lords of Shadow 1 is my favorite Castlevania game and i have no issue admitting it. The story is cool, the soundtrack is fantastic and the level design is top notch. Especially the Vampire levels. 

It's a dark game with a long campaign and it truly feels like a huge quest. I much prefer it to Lords of Shadow 2 , that improves on some aspects, such as free camera for example, but fails to deliver the same feel, because i much prefer the setting in  LS 1 as opposed to futuristic cities that LS 2 has.

3ls.jpg

2ls.jpg

1ls.jpg

Same here! I loved how gritty the story was, the setting, the enemies, etc. The game's combat system was really fluid and deep (you can always tell people who are either bad at action games or just didn't bother to mess with the combat system and call it a "GoW clone" 😂)  and I really had a blast with it. It feels a lot more satisfying then LoS2's even though I liked what they did with that one. All the stuff people talk about "bluuuhhhh is not Castlevania" is people who have a really narrow definition of what CV constitutes and don't seem to really know the history of the series.

I also thought it was a cool origin story for the series, especially with the DLC where Gabe has to take vampire blood to save the world. He's a much more sympathetic character than Leon imo.

I platinum'ed the game, probably one of the only games I consciously did they for and I had a blast doing it. Maybe I'll take another run through it, it's been awhile since I played it. 

6 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Same here! I loved how gritty the story was, the setting, the enemies, etc. The game's combat system was really fluid and deep (you can always tell people who are either bad at action games or just didn't bother to mess with the combat system and call it a "GoW clone" 😂)  and I really had a blast with it. It feels a lot more satisfying then LoS2's even though I liked what they did with that one. All the stuff people talk about "bluuuhhhh is not Castlevania" is people who have a really narrow definition of what CV constitutes and don't seem to really know the history of the series.

I also thought it was a cool origin story for the series, especially with the DLC where Gabe has to take vampire blood to save the world. He's a much more sympathetic character than Leon imo.

I platinum'ed the game, probably one of the only games I consciously did they for and I had a blast doing it. Maybe I'll take another run through it, it's been awhile since I played it. 

Tbh it has so many combo routers it gets insane. I can't remember all of them but i know i enjoyed the holy skill tree more even though the shadow one is cool as well.I really does have a complex combat system and when you combine it with the multiple weapon / resources you got, holy water, daggers, pixies and so on it makes for an awesome experience. 

The boss fights were satisfying and i'm not just talking about the Lords of Shadow themselves, oh no, there a  plenty of other bosses that were a lot of fun such as the Butcher / Furnace master , the big ogre in the castle and the list goes on.The platforming was good and the puzzles sometimes made me scratch my head a bit. I dislike having to backtrack on some stages when i find the proper upgrades to unlock a certain path but i't  a minor complaint, i enjoy the game a lot regardless.

I may try Paladin difficulty but this is not an easy game at all imo, it could get intense.