Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

50 hours in on Amalur now as I finally enter the Alabastra area... "we're in the Endgame now, Tony."

I have 80-something points all in Sorcery... I'm actually running out of spots to put points now; I have certain things equipped that give me free points on unlocked skills, so some are overleveled.  I got the Faer Gorta summoning spell just because I have everything else I *really* want now, in terms of spells.... "Zuul" has been pretty much unstoppable for a while now.  There's been some enemies that are still amazingly resistant to the huge damage this character is dishing out though...mainly the high-level Threshes and certain Trolls (*trolls in this game are naturally resistant to all magic, so they're naturally a tougher fight for a mage)

I have another character that's a low-level pure Might destiny... he's designed to look like a crazy, "possibly evil..?" He-Man, basically. (*...but NOT the character "Faker" though....He is another legendary warrior imbued with a mysterious castle's magic power...it would become clear that he is a bit off the rails...too much of a wild, dangerous beast... ultimately he was banished for stepping over the line one too many times... and later arrives here in this new world of "Amalur"...his memories of the previous world gradually fading as time passes in this strange new place.  He would forge a new destiny for himself here...)

I still have such a huge backlog of games; I'll try to get around to them this week...I keep staring at Astral Chain and Switch-version Dragon's Dogma like "yeah I'll get to ya soon..."

Edited by MillionX
8 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Anyone knows if the backlash to the new party system on the ps4 is big?

I am sure that me and my friends arent tje only ones who despise it. 

The backlash has been huge. This reddit thread is full of complaints 

read the replies to the tweet of PlayStation asking for feedback. It's universally negative

1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

What'd they change? I can't say I've ever used the party feature. 

They merged messages and party chat into a single app.

Edited by Hawkingbird

I look forward to those MK streams just for the comments section...because you know damn well it's usually going to be some people more focused on laughing about Stephanie.

It is indeed pretty funny that her last name just happens to be "Brownback".  It's always fun when certain jokes seem to write themselves. 😄

Not even trying to be mean, but I prefer to not pretend that certain situations aren't absolutely hysterical to me.  

...surprisingly there's not a huge # of comments like I was expecting; I suppose people are genuinely more excited about the new characters for a change there.

50 minutes ago, Skort said:

Ok this game is damn fun and the level design is good and also quite disturbing and creepy as hell ( no pun intended ). 

I say it again. It looks quite good upscaled to 300%. I enjoy it. 

Wow, it looks amazing... 

I definitely gotta try this tonight. I still love this game, it was criminally underrated and I'm shocked that EA hasn't tried to milk it since. Even as a lazy remaster. 

Visceral Games was really on one. The Dead Space games, Army of Two, this... It's too bad most of their other stuff was shovelware. 

All three of those franchises need to come back. 

11 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I liked the term Search Action that Matt McMuscles used in his recent Castlevania video. It accurately describes what you do and it's less of a mouthful. 

I watched that and cringed at "Search Action" but that could easily have been an involuntary reaction to the term. I dont like it but i like it better then Metroidvania. 

10 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

The backlash has been huge. This reddit thread is full of complaints 

read the replies to the tweet of PlayStation asking for feedback. It's universally negative

They merged messages and party chat into a single app.

Honestly I've barely touched my PS4 at all this month. Haven't snagged the Ghost of Tsushima update I was looking forward to.

21 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Haven't snagged the Ghost of Tsushima update I was looking forward to.

Play it now

spacer.png

The Legends multiplayer is so much fun.  Survival is one of the best co-op experiences I've had in a while.  Can't believe this shit was free.

But go to the bathroom before starting--one game runs 40 minutes minimum.

8 hours ago, MillionX said:

Interesting.... I'm just now discovering this game's existence...  yep; definitely keeping tabs on this...

finally a new vamp game that has actual gameplay. 

That game looks pretty sick, I'm gonna have to keep tabs on that one too. 

I put that Vigil metroidvania ony Switch wishlist and will be buying that asap when we get home. That one will probably jump the line in my game queue.

10 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

it's 2020, baby. World's on fire, everyone's dropping like flies, what's there to lose!?!

lol. Maybe. The only reason I wanted to learn harmonica when I was younger was at the time blues traveler was one of my favorite bands.  

Edited by iStu X