Stage Select
Darc_Requiem

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

ohhhh...AND it will be missing some features! 

Okv6kzo.gif

they intend to have achievements but those aren't ready for launch...achievement notifications aren't ready, folks....think about that shit for a minute.... 

this is on top of the absurdity of the very concept--- you're paying a monthly fee I guess for a service....yet you're still paying money on top of that to get games on said service.....games where you own absolutely nothing, and require the internet since duh it's streaming.......  annnnnd they're some slightly older games (all but 1 of them being available on other platforms) being sold at full $60 price tag too... BRUH... 🤣

Ohhhh I knew this would be such a beautiful disaster

🤣 🍿

edit---oooh and I just found there's a gamefaqs Stadia board!  ohhh this is going to be SO good... I'm already seeing an argument in the first topic... 

hell yeah I've kept an eye on this one... it's out today 

Edited by MillionX

hooked on Dead Cells once again... on the higher difficulties, it's one of the toughest games I've ever played... to the point where if someone claims they beat 5-cell difficulty, I'd immediately be skeptical until they showed me a video of their playthru....it's that rough....and yet it's actually fair, surprisingly.  There's been very few "oh c'mon that's bullshit" moments in this game....I really can't get enough of it.

I finally finished Bloodstained. What an amazing ride that was. They sure didn't leave anything to be desired in the way of secrets - which is great. I'm at 99.80% map completion and near level 50. I might try to fully complete this game being that I'm not tired of it yet in the slightest.

After several days of email conversations with Kickstarter and Fangamer, I got to the bottom of why my copy hasn't been shipped. Turns out that even after you complete the survey, you later had to confirm your shipping address again before they can mail it. Even after speaking to several people across both places, none of them had an answer for me. Luckily, I decided to clear out my email and came across a confirmation from them in my spam folder from November 8th, so hopefully it will ship soon. I hear the "Special Backer Cover" is simply a cardboard sleeve, with the actual game cover being the same as regular retail, which is ass.

3 hours ago, Zero said:

I finally finished Bloodstained. What an amazing ride that was. They sure didn't leave anything to be desired in the way of secrets - which is great. I'm at 99.80% map completion and near level 50. I might try to fully complete this game being that I'm not tired of it yet in the slightest.

Bloodstained was great.  Afterwards I went on a Castlevania kick and beat all the GBA Castlevania games.

Any of you guys play The Outer Worlds?  Loving it so far.

there's such great customization in Code Vein... but for some reason, once again Bandai Namco doesn't seem to believe in letting the player character be bald.  I don't think there's even a "buzzcut" option....and *most* of the styles look like women's hairstyles, actually.  I've made my character but that's about it so far.

Gears 5 has double exp for Horde mode character xp this weekend so I had to jump on that for a bit.  After all this time I still just have 1 character on 1 of my profiles that's level 15.

oh yeah---another fun moment as Jack earlier today.. Carrier monster showed up, and there happened to be a Scion with a mulcher nearby so I body-hijacked that one...the Scions with mulchers are another good choice... the damage I unloaded then on the Carrier was ridiculous.

Edited by MillionX

y'know, random dream game just popped into mind... if there was a game where you were a pizza delivery person, and it had over-the-top style like Crazy Taxi, where you're doing crazy ramp jumps and blasting thru neighborhoods at 100+ mph, getting bonus points/,money for "stunts" AND getting people their food delivered on time... I'd buy that shit day 1, man.  The more I think about this, the more I want it.

Finally finished The Outer Worlds -- felt like I was playing Fallout: New Vegas again.  Good times.

On 11/24/2019 at 3:32 PM, MillionX said:

y'know, random dream game just popped into mind... if there was a game where you were a pizza delivery person, and it had over-the-top style like Crazy Taxi, where you're doing crazy ramp jumps and blasting thru neighborhoods at 100+ mph, getting bonus points/,money for "stunts" AND getting people their food delivered on time... I'd buy that shit day 1, man.  The more I think about this, the more I want it.

That wouldn't be like Crazy Taxi.  The game you described IS Crazy Taxi.  Better just whip out your Dreamcast. 🙃

Well, as I expected... it's a very slow drip-feed of character content in Gears 5.  "Operation 2" details were released recently, and the 2 new characters are Baird and Lizzie Carmine.  

It's such an odd approach to go that damn slow, when you consider how  much content is going on in other games at the moment... it's pretty obvious they took some slight influence from Overwatch....but if I recall, each character in that game had several "skins" to unlock and choose from right away....

Horde mode in particular---I doubt any of the fans have ever wanted it to make sense in terms of the storyline... so why not at least include the several alternate versions like "Classic" Baird, or "DB Industries Baird" where he has the labcoat, or those old "zombie" skins for everyone, the weird color variants, etc.?  Sheeeitttt, I'd go even further out in left field with robotic versions like "Cybernetic Baird" or "Cyborg Variant Marcus", "Robot Dom", etc., or "Lambent/Infected JD", "Lambent/Infected Kait"... "Swarm Mutant Hybrid Dom" etc. etc. etc.

There's sooo many obvious ways to improve this game, imo... but the sad thing is that I realize they **won't** happen.

yet another reminder of why online-only gaming is a dumb concept...

...and by extension... this is especially timely since that piece of garbage known as the Stadia is out.  One other reason you could lose your games just came to mind--- legal rights/ownership of the IP---let's say Capcom put a game on Stadia and you bought and enjoy that.  What if the ownership of that IP switches over to another company that does NOT want to continue business with Google?  Woops, you can't play that game anymore then, because the new owner of the IP pulled it off Stadia's service.  Or...what if the original owners of the IP simply decide they no longer want to deal with Stadia anymore...or Google decides they don't want this game on their service for whatever reason (perhaps it has a certain political point of view they don't like; or it has scantily clad female characters which we all know is "oh so terrible" these days, and pansy-ass Google doesn't want to promote this game's objectivication of women so they remove it)?  Same result---you bought the game but now you cannot play it, at least not on that silly ass Stadia.  Sadly, I doubt most gamers are considering any of this. 

Edited by MillionX

Gears 5...

haha, and I thought Kait was op before...I just got another skill card that says something like "enemies afflicted with bleed damage take increased shotgun damage".  So, game...what you're saying here is... I have extra shotgun damage on top of the bleed damage which is on top of the *initial* shotgun damage!  hahah you hit them with shotgun, which is already godlike by itself...then there's bleed DOT, then hit them again with another shotgun blast and now the damage amps up even *more*.   Oh and she also has "Predator" cloaking tech as an ultimate....and she gets boosted defense (which lasts for quite a while) off executions.  Bruh... 😄

Another Debbie Downer topic for the day... Upper Echelon is on point with another short rant about the death of game ownership

On another note; I got Ori & the Blind Forest the other day before the sale ended; the visuals in this game are stunningly beautiful...especially the backgrounds...and the atmosphere....the whole thing is just magical... it deserved whatever prestigious awards it got if it ever got any.