Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

7 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

It can happen in your first encounter with Jack. 

Hit the wikis, it can happen a few times throughout the game.

You have to pick up the leg and it takes an inventory spot lolololol

10/10 game

Edit: watched a VOD of the jack leg lopping scene, and I wonder if this has some kind of lore implication... Like Ethan is already infected with the mold or virus or whatever... 

Edited by KingTubb
7 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

https://www.windowscentral.com/has-xbox-and-ninja-theorys-bleeding-edge-been-abandoned

So this is how Microsoft is going to about brining more new IP to their platform?

Let's be fair here...nobody expected them to continue to try to keep this game uo when the buzz for it was less than lukewarm and the sales even less so.  They can either try to apply ointment to the limb or amputate so it doesn't cost more money.  Personally I think they made the right call.

3 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Let's be fair here...nobody expected them to continue to try to keep this game uo when the buzz for it was less than lukewarm and the sales even less so. 

To also be fair, lets look at Microsoft's track record for canceling/dropping projects with new IP last Gen. 

With the next new IP for Xbox is at least 2 years away at the minimum, and MS had to buy out studios as their own in house studios already have all the life sucked out is evident of their corporate climate.  

yeah, that game Bleeding Edge wasn't really grabbing me...plus I figured it was yet another one of those online-only "live service!" situations, and fuck that.  It didn't seem like anyone else was hyped for that game either, even though it at least had some interesting character designs.

Next up for me---gotta get back into Dragon's Dogma.  On Switch version I think it was a regular sword/shield warrior type of character I started.  Once again the challenge will be in tearing myself away from Diablo 3 though.

People are blaming the Series S for holding developers back.

Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition will not support ray tracing on Xbox Series S

Xbox Series X ray tracing support to be added via downloadable title update.

We’re excited to bring Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition to Xbox Series X and Xbox Series X with high frame rates up to 120 frames per second, enhanced 3D audio, reduced loading times, the Legendary Dark Knight difficulty, Turbo Mode, and playable Vergil on both consoles.

Fans playing Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition on Xbox Series X will also experience the game in 4K resolution and with DirectX ray tracing. Both consoles deliver amazing next-generation speed and performance, and while we are just now scratching the surface of what they can do, our teams are eager to continue exploring the full capabilities of Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S in the future.

While ray tracing will be available as a downloadable title update on Xbox Series X, Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition will not support ray tracing on Xbox Series S.

—Capcom Development Team

ElS-ZJZXIAEkLq_?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by AriesWarlock
1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

The fuck, 27 minutes long...can I get some context @Sonichumanbro? Lol

I haven't watched it all yet but I got to the part where they show footage of Rhino trucking it through a mall and Miles saves what I can only assume is a baby in a carriage from being squashed.  He's riding Rhino through the mall and I believe trying to steer him.

Edited by Sonichuman
1 hour ago, KingTubb said:

Does Scorn have H.R. Giger's name on it in some way? I know he passed away 6 years ago, but the art direction of this game rips him off so hard that they better throw his estate a few bucks at least. 

Can you copyright a style? If not then an art/game studio owes H.R. Giger nothing.

https://www.thelegalartist.com/blog/you-cant-copyright-style

"Copyright law protects finished works of art. It does not protect things like facts, ideas, procedures, or an artist’s style, no matter how distinct."
As long as the game not copying an actual H.R. Giger work of art and instead imitating his style, the studio can do what they want.

So no, H.R. Giger's estate can sit on it and spin all it wants. 

Just now, KingTubb said:

I figured as much. Still kinda grimy, cause it's obviously heavily influenced to the point of imitation.

How is it grimy?

The Art world strives and survives because artists can imitate other people's styles. 

Just because  H.R. Giger started the whole weird grotesques body horror/biomechanical look, does not mean others can't also draw grotesques body horror/biomechanical art.
That be like a paint manufacture trying to sue you for not licensing the use of their paint first. There has to be a clear cut off point or you stifle art production and creativity. 

Like I could copy and draw in the same style as lets say for example Akira Toriyama, but if my characters are all original characters and it's clear it's not Akira Toriyama work, Akira Toriyama can't come after me. If we can copyrigth style, we will never have Anime as Early Anime was heavily, heavily influenced by Walt Disney, Pat Sullivan, and  Max Fleischer.

We don't need the art world to have the issues the music business has right now, as even if you write a completely original song with never hearing this other song, if you got a 6 note beat the same as an already copyrighted work the same, the other musician can use you for using his 6 beats.

5 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

That be like a paint manufacture trying to sue you for not licensing the use of their paint first.

I don't really see it like that, paint is the tool you use to make the art, it's not the art itself. 

Everything is a remix of what came before. Nobody has a truly original thought, and, like Picasso said:

"Good artists copy; great artist steal"  

I'm saying that this looks like a copy to me. It looks like someone was trying to imitate Giger's work, which is cool, I like Giger, but it's pigeonholing itself imho. Instead of stealing elements to make it something "new" it just copies his style pretty hard.

1 hour ago, KingTubb said:

Does Scorn have H.R. Giger's name on it in some way? I know he passed away 6 years ago, but the art direction of this game rips him off so hard that they better throw his estate a few bucks at least. 

Did you know the legendary metal band Celtic Frost used one of H.R. Giger's works for the legendary album To Mega Therion? It's "Satan I" 1977

60541e95a684d4738f3f42db0610fa0a.png 

🤘😈🤘

Edited by AriesWarlock
5 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Speaking of that bastard. He made a PS5 unboxing video

So it has two USB 3 behind the console. The wired heathens will have to plug their sticks from behind. It comes with the stand for anyone who wants to stand the console horizontal 

I mentioned the 2 usb on the back on SRK when they put the video up that did a virtual fly by spin on the system.  Its annoying that they're in the back but I'll take it for now then to not have them.

Edit:  only thing I hope is that when we get the inevitable revision that Sony gets enough feedback on their design to put more usb ports on the front.

Edited by Sonichuman
45 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Did you know the legendary metal band Celtic Frost used one of H.R. Giger's works for the legendary album To Mega Therion? It's "Satan I" 1977

H.R. Giger did album art for many bands.
Danzig, Magma, Dead Kennedys', Korn, ect. 

He also did the principal visual designs for alot of science fiction work. Most obvious is the Alien/Aliens series, Species, Poltergeist II, Dune (1984 film), Prometheus (his concept art from Aliens is used).

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

I need Netflix to hold up a bit.  Has anyone watched the Dragon's Dogma series yet?  I haven't heard anything on it.  I'm still waiting for the Devil May Cry series.

It's about as good as Dragons Dogmas story was...you know, pretty fucking awful. 

Also I remember shitting on Sony for the USB port situation she. They first showed off the console. Was fucking dumb then and it's fucking dumb now. 

30 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

It's about as good as Dragons Dogmas story was...you know, pretty fucking awful. 

Also I remember shitting on Sony for the USB port situation she. They first showed off the console. Was fucking dumb then and it's fucking dumb now. 

Yeah it is basically bad fantasy anime, not the isekai power/harem fantasy kind but the wannabe Berserk explicit for explicit sake kind.

Also it looks terrible.

Guess I am indeed buying the two new Juri costumes before Cyberpunk.

Inb4 overused Miyaomoto quote about delays,but they should really ease down on release dates before hyping people up.

Regardless, it's been a tough year for everyone and if a delayed game is my "problem" I consider myself happy with my life.

11 minutes ago, Skort said:

Guess I am indeed buying the two new Juri costumes before Cyberpunk.

Inb4 overused Miyaomoto quote about delays,but they should really ease down on release dates before hyping people up.

Regardless, it's been a tough year for everyone and if a delayed game is my "problem" I consider myself happy with my life.

What? What two new costumes? The fan selected costumes?