Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

Ethan is the Japanese enjoying taking another lame ass Western word, and making it infinitely more entertaining on the down-low, via Telephone,, whilst presenting it as thevhollowed out, useless thing thst it is.

Ethan.

E-than.

Iie-Than

Iya-Than

Anything.

Anything other than this.

Even the game of Telephone[ing it in] is meta.

That it winds up being more entertaining than its subject matter is a whole other level of 5D Go.

Edited by JHDK
On 10/30/2020 at 6:12 PM, PVL_93_RU said:

Still quite a miracle what Itsuno's team has managed to scrap together from the remains of in-development DMC2 after Kamiya's departure from Capcom

Um wut? Kamita didnt leave Capcom at that time. It would be around 5 years before him and The Clover crew split from Capcom.

The project was assigned to someone else without his knowledge. 

25 minutes ago, M A R T I A N said:

Do people hate RE6 for any reason other than it not being similar to the first 3 games? 

Literally every single time I ask someone about their contempt for that game, it's the default "it might be a good game but it's not a good resident evil" response. 

I like RE6 but I can understand the hate that it receives.

- Many fans still see RE as a horror franchise even when Capcom was moving away from it at the time. There's hate for wanting to be fixated on what was instead of what is.

- It was a game that tried to appease everyone. That's the game's biggest flaw as it felt like the game had an identity crisis. Appealing to the oldheads (Leon campaign), appealing those who liked the RE action games (Jake) and CoD fanboys (Chris) was destined to failed. Capcom would have been better off sticking to a core set of ideas and building the whole game around it. 

- Too many scripted events. These especially hurt Leon's campaign as it tried invoke some of the old games horror. It also hurt Jake's campaign with the Ustanak sequences as he was marketed to be the game's Nemesis.

Personally, I think RE6 has the best gameplay of the series. The game is worth for it's mercs mode alone. 

3 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

I could have sworn he was older...then again I never played (nor will bother to play) RE6.

RE6 is a much better game than what people give credit to. 

Is just that as a RE game is kind of ass if you are looking for a full survival horror experience. 

Edited by Hecatom
1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

I like RE6 but I can understand the hate that it receives.

- Many fans still see RE as a horror franchise even when Capcom was moving away from it at the time. There's hate for wanting to be fixated on what was instead of what is.

- It was a game that tried to appease everyone. That's the game's biggest flaw as it felt like the game had an identity crisis. Appealing to the oldheads (Leon campaign), appealing those who liked the RE action games (Jake) and CoD fanboys (Chris) was destined to failed. Capcom would have been better off sticking to a core set of ideas and building the whole game around it. 

- Too many scripted events. These especially hurt Leon's campaign as it tried invoke some of the old games horror. It also hurt Jake's campaign with the Ustanak sequences as he was marketed to be the game's Nemesis.

Personally, I think RE6 has the best gameplay of the series. The game is worth for it's mercs mode alone. 

I would say that the Ada Wong campaing is the one closest to classic RE games rather than the Leon one. 

Leon is like a RE4 and RE5 game, since it still has a lot of emphasis in action

Jeez, anyone see how fast the PS5 loads Spiderman Miles Morales from the title screen 😮 It'll probably  get taken down. Sony's yanking these for reason. Does make sense. that load time actually makes me want to track down despite the lack of exclusive software. Working full time, this type of thing will be awesome for me.

RE4 is where the series to me went from survival/horror to action/thriller. Not bad because the game still made a decent balance between moments of fear/suspense and action. RE5 to me was ok but pushing things a bit. RE7 brought it back and even watching someone else play It, there was a good feeling of tense moments to me.

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

I finally got a chance to watch the Dead Rising 4 what happened and it is pretty heartbreaking.  I really feel a majority of the blame of what happened with Capcom Vancouver was Capcom's fault

Pretty much everything Matt mentioned was covered in the DYKG video about Dead Rising. Which Matt even admitted to. But it was still a great video over all 

but yeah, the history of most capcom 2nd party developers taking a nose dive is usually due to  Capcom being dumb 

Edited by iStu X

I noticed this yesterday---a look at the character "Vorador" from  the Blood Omen franchise

It's a shame that there's little to no chance of this IP coming back to us anytime soon.

man...apparently a youtuber dropped $2,000 on *a* character in Genshin Impact?!  Wow, thanks a LOT for sending the wrong type of message to the game industry, dude... I was watching an Angry Joe episode and he mentioned that shit here

bruh... people can do what they want with their money sure but c'mon now... the guy apparently spent more than what some people spend on a "gaming PC"....he spent way more than what it costs to get both the new Xbox AND PS5 + some games!  ....on one character in a game.  This is so profoundly stupid it's actually hilarious. (*I'm assuming it's at least in part in hopes that he would "go viral" and get the views though)

edit---oh and of course there's a trend, I see... a quick search on youtube revealed quite a few results of people with their own "I SPENT $____ in Genshin.." Thanks a lot for helping push the industry down this road, assholes. 👎

Edited by MillionX
9 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

Going live now if anyone cares to watch me play M:tG chat or whatever 

you told me 8 maaaaaan. I wanted to swing by but it was my bedtime. 

Wait... Are you west coast? I thought you were in the South🤔

Edit: I might be getting you and HD-man mixed up. The mans, man. making my head hurt 

Edited by KingTubb
On 11/3/2020 at 7:20 AM, MillionX said:

I noticed this yesterday---a look at the character "Vorador" from  the Blood Omen franchise

It's a shame that there's little to no chance of this IP coming back to us anytime soon.

man...apparently a youtuber dropped $2,000 on *a* character in Genshin Impact?!  Wow, thanks a LOT for sending the wrong type of message to the game industry, dude... I was watching an Angry Joe episode and he mentioned that shit here

bruh... people can do what they want with their money sure but c'mon now... the guy apparently spent more than what some people spend on a "gaming PC"....he spent way more than what it costs to get both the new Xbox AND PS5 + some games!  ....on one character in a game.  This is so profoundly stupid it's actually hilarious. (*I'm assuming it's at least in part in hopes that he would "go viral" and get the views though)

edit---oh and of course there's a trend, I see... a quick search on youtube revealed quite a few results of people with their own "I SPENT $____ in Genshin.." Thanks a lot for helping push the industry down this road, assholes. 👎

Gotta harpoon them whales

Edited by Sonichuman

the whole thing is disgusting; can't really blame the companies if people are dumb enough to spend hundreds and even thousands of dollars on items and characters in one game.  From their perspective... why give away a special "secret character" as an unlockable thing for free when you have morons that will pay you an extra few grand for it.  Unbelievable, man...this is why things are already on that path and guaranteed to just get worse as time goes on.

Later in the future, Gen-X and the older end of Millenials will be telling their little ones stories of back in the day when you could unlock extra characters and weapons just by doing stuff in the game, like beating the final boss without getting hit, or finishing the story on the hardest difficulty, or meeting a certain level-requirement, etc.

@Skortyou'll like this news

BloodRayne 1 and 2 enhanced versions coming to PC on November 20

Optimizations include:

• Support for higher display resolutions (up to 4K / 3840×2160).
  • Improved rendering with up to 4x anti-aliasing.
  • Upscaled cinematic videos.
  • Support for modern gamepads (XInput controller support).
  • Improvements to lighting at engine level, plus fully reprocessed lighting data.
  • Engine improvements to support uncompressed original textures.
  • Improvements to effects such as reflections, water, fog, and shadows.
  • Localizations include:
  • BloodRayne –  Fully voiced with localized interfaces in English, French, Italian, and Spanish.
  • BloodRayne 2 – Localized interface and subtitles for English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish.
  • Optimized for Windows 10.

Edited by AriesWarlock
33 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Optimizations include:

• Improvements to lighting at engine level, plus fully reprocessed lighting data.
  • Localizations include:
  • BloodRayne –  Fully voiced with localized interfaces in English, French, Italian, and Spanish.
  • BloodRayne 2 – Localized interface and subtitles for English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish.

If this is supposed to be a hint at the dlc they're doing good job obscuring it. 

Edited by Sonichuman

Using my detective skills and amazing editing, I believe it’s Hwang.

Spoiler

spacer.png

The circle is meant to be pointing out his hair while the arrow is pointing what I think his is sword. And the long ink strokes coming off of the figure? That might be a scarf which is something that he wore in his appearance in SC3. 

Ignore the second spoiler. I couldn’t get rid of it.

Spoiler

Edited by BornWinner

Free Ninja Warrior Epic Quest Xbox and PC Game Download

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/ninja-buddy-epic-quest/9p4r3jntq8q2?

9 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Using my detective skills and amazing editing, I believe it’s Hwang.

Hide contents

The circle is meant to be pointing out his hair while the arrow is pointing what I think his is sword. And the long ink strokes coming off of the figure? That might be a scarf which is something that he wore in his appearance in SC3. 

Ignore the second spoiler. I couldn’t get rid of it.

Reveal hidden contents

That's a lot of scarfs is so lol. I don't know if that can truly be considered hair.

1 hour ago, AriesWarlock said:

Optimizations include:

• Localizations include:

Good news, though you could make that work with various patches and fixes through community made content, regardless it's good to see the series getting these fixes officially. 

I hope this hints towards a new game in the series because this franchise truly deserves a reboot / remake / sequel. 

Rayne is too hot not to be ported into the current gen. 

8173f1201ab8ff5ff9a420423082e220-700.jpg

50 minutes ago, Skort said:

I hope this hints towards a new game in the series because this franchise truly deserves a reboot / remake / sequel. 

Rayne is too hot not to be ported into the current gen. 

Agreed. I never got to play the main games, but I played that 2D action/platformer, I thought it was good if a little short.

There's a mod for RE2/3:

50cf19c665712f90fd6549cec460f5aa30021d56

Edited by AriesWarlock

Street of Rage 4 fans might be interested in this one

To Protect and Serve

While answering a routine call on a patrol, Dolphin, Star and Trouble—the most popular officers of the super-powered law enforcement agency, Stronghold—find themselves in a sequence of events that will alter the fate of the entire city.

Excessive Force

Let’s get one thing straight; if you ever think that a day in the life of a super-powered law enforcer is easy, you couldn’t be more wrong, as there are greater threats than street gangs in urban fantasy themed Mayhem Brawler. Using your arsenal of combos and special abilities, you and your co-op teammates should make life miserable for those super-powered criminals, fend yourself from the fury of werewolves, resist the hexes of street wizards and confront the megacorp led by vampire houses that enforce their goons to do their dirty deeds.

The Mayhem Universe

Comic book-inspired hand-drawn backgrounds and frame-by-frame animations coupled with a kick-ass soundtrack will deliver a jolt of adrenaline to your controller. With the choices you make, you will shape the flow of the story and finally reach one of the three different endings in Mayhem Brawler universe, where each corner has a story to tell.

Key Features

• A fresh take on classic 90s-style beat ’em ups.
  • Offline co-op mode that supports up to three players.
  • Ability to alter the game flow with player-led decisions.
  • Three unique endings based on player’s choices.
  • Three playable characters against 30 mobs including 12 unique bosses.
  • Hand-drawn comic book inspired art, frame-by-frame animated characters and a rocking soundtrack.
  • Your admission ticket to the limitless universe of Mayhem.

that Friday the 13th game was such a downer for me.  I couldn't believe the news when I heard there would be a game...and even better...one where you could actually BE Jason!!!  

...but it would be all downhill from that initial hype....as I found out it would be online-only, multiplayer-only shit....at least on XB1/PS4... I'm not sure if you can play the Switch version offline, actually; I've heard conflicting things there....but it's just 1 more case of "Ohhh so it's online-only?  Ok yeah fuck off.  You instantly lost a sale then."  I'm not sure there's anything I hate more in this industry than that.  I miss the days when that bullshit was relegated to MMORPGs exclusively...since y'know.. it's a defining characteristic of that entire genre.

How long until new-era Solitaire, Crossword puzzles and "visual novels" start requiring a constant connection too?  

On another note---I've always been curious about how a good design team would handle a Nightmare on Elm Street game...this would pose quite the challenge due to the nature of Freddy's powers being pretty much unlimited stuff....if it were an asymmetrical multiplayer sort of thing; I'm not even sure how you can make that fair while still being even slightly accurate to the characters and story there.  Realistically, no one would stand a chance against Freddy, since he can do or become anything.

Edited by MillionX