Stage Select
Darc_Requiem

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

World of Darkness is on the move with finally showing these “creatures of the night” some love in video game form… WEREWOLF is coming too, folks:

I just saw a glimpse on the WoD news from Friday’s stream (didn’t know this teaser was already months old though). Apparently this will be in IGN’s thing on June 5.

Note---Unfortunately; I vaguely recall hearing about this game being quite linear...like you are playing as a predetermined character in this... hopefully that's wrong.  Like with the vamps, in World of Darkness there's various types of werewolves out there

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I don't find playing The Witcher 3 while only using 10 watts of power underwhelming.

10 watts isn't underwhelming, but the graphical downgrades sure are.

The Switch is a thing that has its place, but graphical spectacle is def not one of its strong points.  As someone who never likes playing games on the go it's not something that appeals to me most of the time.

You're biased by what you experience first.

Seeing my cousins original gameboy from circa 1989 with that puke green screen turned me off from handhelds.

Black and white would have been better.

Even though my NES/SNES/N64/DC were displayed on a   19 inch CRT, I felt that the handheld screen was too small to enjoy.

Ive had a smartphone for exactly 10 years now, but I have played games like angry Birds on it only a handful of times.

Someone with a iphone showed me a SF4 port one time but it felt weird doing qcf/hcf on a flat surface instead of a dpad and your thumbs would obscure the display.

Anyway, I'm sure Million is saying 10 Hail Marys for my soul right now lol.

nah, phones and tablets are forever unappealing to me as gaming devices.  The only thing I ever played on one of those is Plague Inc. on my ipod several years ago. (ha, that's actually an "old" game now)  I will always prefer real buttons--- traditional controls.  I love portable gaming...but only when it's dedicated, "real" portable gaming systems.

Meanwhile, in Diablo once again...

I finally tried out the "Legacy of Dreams" legendary gem.  Of course the majority of the Diablo fanboys probably still complain that the game is rather shallow or whatever...but this gem opened things up, actually... (*it grants huge bonuses if you are NOT wearing set items.  Until this item came about, sets were the only serious power in the game....they still kinda are, but this "LoD" gem makes it so you have at least some level of comparable power even without sets....which naturally opens up the build possibilities a bit more.)

Posted (edited)

I can't get into videogames on phones or tablets either. It just feels uncomfortable and weird, like I'm doing something wrong. Not as in I'm doing it wrong but like... blasphemous.

Edited by Zero

3 hours ago, Zero said:

I can't get into videogames on phones or tablets either. It just feels uncomfortable and weird, like I'm doing something wrong. Not as in I'm doing it wrong but like... blasphemous.

I play mobile games on my PC using Bluestacks.  Big screen + PC horsepower make them much more enjoyable.

14 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

You're biased by what you experience first.

Seeing my cousins original gameboy from circa 1989 with that puke green screen turned me off from handhelds.

Black and white would have been better.

Even though my NES/SNES/N64/DC were displayed on a   19 inch CRT, I felt that the handheld screen was too small to enjoy.

I like playing handheld consoles -- but I prefer to do it at home.  I don't feel the need to to game on the train, and if I'm walking down the street/going to the store it doesn't make sense to be pulling a console out to game for a few minutes at a time.  

Since I'm going to be playing at home anyway, might as well just have a big screen.  I've spent many hours on GBA/DS wishing that they were on TV instead with a better controller.  These days emulation makes it easier to play stuff on a big screen but certain DS/3DS games still require me to use the original hardware for touch support. 😢

Posted (edited)

ha, y'know that's a funny thing I just realized---now with the pandemic and human civilization practically ruined... even while at home so much... I still play Switch in portable or "table-top" mode all the time.  The "dock" thing is in another room, continuing to gather dust.

If it weren't for the damn carpenter bees and wasps that love to try and mess with me, it would be nice to play it outside on the porch.  I love the concept of being able to enjoy the same game in literally any location.  At work I'd play in the car, or out on a park bench, or in the lounge/break area.  At the shop waiting on my car's oil change/servicing is another good spot as well; that usually takes a while....or in the waiting room at the dentist office.

Edited by MillionX

I've never been much for playing my handhelds on the go either. Not after getting my driver's license anyway, and especially not now with a 2 year old. Used to be I'd take my 3DS or Vita with me to an appointment if I thought there would be a long wait. Or, at my old job where we had hour long lunch breaks... man, I miss those long lunches. Oh wait, I forgot, ALSO when I worked in the meat department on a closing shift. I'd get all the closing duties done super quick with at least 2 hours to spare, at which time I'd stand at the meat counter and make a small barricade in front of and on the sides of where my arms would sit up there and just play videogames. When a customer came, I'd help them real quick then go back to my game. Those were the glory days of adult work life.

I never really play my switch in portable mode at home unless it's right before bed and I'm feeling exceptionally lazy, or on the rare occasion my wife is playing a game in the living room. Other than that it's just during visits with the in-laws when we're there for a few days.

Some of ya might've seen it already on that other forum but here it is!

😮 the temptation is strong here.... too bad those Arcade 1UP machines are typically kinda small compared to actual arcade cabs from back in the day.

There was a stream earlier today where they revealed this stuff... and oh yeah of course I'm absolutely on board for that Collector's Edition.
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2-collectors-edi/1100-6478415/

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/06/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2-damsel-trailer-collectors-edition-announced

Unfortunately they STILL didn't hit us with an actual release date on this stream, but I imagine the release is probably around Holiday/Christmas 2020.

Posted (edited)

hell yeah, CARRION coming to Switch sooner than I thought... I've wanted this ever since first seeing footage a long time ago

Also... here's Wraith from World of Darkness!  Damn it's just a teaser though... apparent gameplay trailer coming in August (I don't know much about Wraith at all but it's from WoD so with that and by the name----as you can tell it was a table-top rpg where players are recently deceased people who have unfinished business still in the mortal world, so they are stuck here as wraiths for one reason or another.)

DUKE.  ...on Switch, bruh.

Edited by MillionX

Posted (edited)

I'd love to play some more of the season in Diablo 3 but these Last of Us 2 streams are too damn good at the moment.  This is on top of having my weekly "World of Darkness" news from yesterday to get caught up on.... 

the D3 season ends tomorrow too...haha no way my friend completes his "season journey" in time to get those wings he wanted.  One of the challenges is to simply beat a GR20 solo....and nah I seriously doubt he will ever do that, considering how unbelievably awful his builds are 😆

I'm sure some of you have known people like this...those that have this strange idea that they can just wing it and use *any* build they want and still accomplish every challenge in a game like this.  It will always be a general fact of life in gaming that some builds just aren't worth shit...and at some point you have to start paying attention to concepts like synergy and which stats are more important and useful than others.

...like theoretically you COULD just stick to all blue-level items and try fighting Diablo itself for some weird self-imposed challenge, but why would you?  That's also probably  impossible, btw.   You can't just get away with any ol' build and still expect to bulldoze any kind of endgame content.

Edited by MillionX