Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

21 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I finally got a chance to watch the Dead Rising 4 what happened and it is pretty heartbreaking.  I really feel a majority of the blame of what happened with Capcom Vancouver was Capcom's fault

I disagree, Capcom Vancouver overstepped multiple times when it came to the handle of the franchise and the deals they made with it.

Yes, it sucks that they werent allowed to explore new avenues be new ips or revivals.

But they clearly showed a lack of hindsight on understanding that they were always proposing projects beyond both the scope of what their infrastructure was capable, and what capcom was willing to invest on.

Plus, is not the 1st or last time that an studio is made or bought to work on an specific project, and just that.

They also failed to communicate with their parent company atributing to themselves stuff they were not in charge of deciding to.

Edited by Hecatom
11 hours ago, KingTubb said:

you told me 8 maaaaaan. I wanted to swing by but it was my bedtime. 

Wait... Are you west coast? I thought you were in the South🤔

Edit: I might be getting you and HD-man mixed up. The mans, man. making my head hurt 

Haha Its fine I didn't mention a time zone so that was my fault. For sure next one is planned for Friday 8pm PST 

4 hours ago, MillionX said:

that Friday the 13th game was such a downer for me.  I couldn't believe the news when I heard there would be a game...and even better...one where you could actually BE Jason!!!  

...but it would be all downhill from that initial hype....as I found out it would be online-only, multiplayer-only shit....at least on XB1/PS4... I'm not sure if you can play the Switch version offline, actually; I've heard conflicting things there....but it's just 1 more case of "Ohhh so it's online-only?  Ok yeah fuck off.  You instantly lost a sale then."  

It's been awhile since I've played it but I'm pretty sure there's a single player offline mode where you can face AI counselors. 

7 hours ago, MillionX said:

There's 2 more VTM games....unfortunately for me they are more of the "interactive novel" type again...

https://www.choiceofgames.com/vampire-the-masquerade/#:~:text=Vampire%3A The Masquerade — Out for Blood is,by the vast%2C unstoppable power of your imagination.

So, from Night Road to "Out for Blood" and then Parliament of Knives.

They need to realize no one really gives a shit about these and instead focus on VTM2, the game people actually want but they keep delaying and having issues with. Stop with the side hustles and focus on your main you fucking goofballs. 

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

They need to realize no one really gives a shit about these and instead focus on VTM2, the game people actually want but they keep delaying and having issues with. Stop with the side hustles and focus on your main you fucking goofballs. 

These games are cheap and simpler to produce compared to a legit RPG. I will give the parent company props for trying to step into the video game market with more then the previous hand off of the IP. It isn't what I want but they must be getting some positive push to still keep doing it and of course it helps the brand expand beyond table top game hobbyists without the investments other media require.

At some point we have to start calling developers and publishers on the bullshit, fans shouldn't have to eat the price plus a hit to their console storage or data caps just because they don't want to make time to compress their game while getting it in working order.

I know adult babies were bitching about Cyberpunk but I rather they fix their shit before putting it in people's hands then roadmap that shit for months after initial release.

15 minutes ago, Wellman said:

I know adult babies were bitching about Cyberpunk but I rather they fix their shit before putting it in people's hands then roadmap that shit for months after initial release.

Hey i was only upset at CP2077 because it had gone gold, they said they where done and it was ready to go then took it backl at the last minute. People have a right to be upset about that, which is basically what CDPR has done for a good chunk of this games development.  While I would rather a game take the time in the oven it needs to be as good as it can Im also not fine with being jerked around for almost a year and some change. Ive already paid for the product, lots of people took time off they cant get back.  (Not me but others.) Being upset over that isnt just a matter of being an adult baby. Theres some real PR issues surrounding that particular delay. 

Edited by RSG3
5 hours ago, RSG3 said:

You are aware that studios, specially smaller ones need continuous streams of revenue for them to keep afloat right?

Those "side hustles" support the developement of the big game, specially when they keep having problems and having to delay it.

Delaying the game incurrs on more costs to them, and while companies like EA and Bethesda can release a game incomplete without hurting them, a smaller studio like them could mean the end of them if it poisons the good will from their playerbase.

39 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

You are aware that studios, specially smaller ones need continuous streams of revenue for them to keep afloat right?

Yes

Those "side hustles" support the developement of the big game, specially when they keep having problems and having to delay it.

Which is probably why they should focus more on their big project instead of these tiny side hustles no one is really buying. 

\

Delaying the game incurrs on more costs to them, and while companies like EA and Bethesda can release a game incomplete without hurting them, a smaller studio like them could mean the end of them if it poisons the good will from their playerbase.

All the more reason to focus on it instead of these other projects that are clearly distracting them from their main one. 

I agree with all your points, but for this studio its doing more harm then help imo. You are welcome to disagree. 

7 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Yes

Which is probably why they should focus more on their big project instead of these tiny side hustles no one is really buying. 

\

All the more reason to focus on it instead of these other projects that are clearly distracting them from their main one. 

I agree with all your points, but for this studio its doing more harm then help imo. You are welcome to disagree. 

What a very narrow and short sighted way to see things.

For starters, they having other people working on those avenues doesnt mean that they are not focusing on VTM2.

Plus adding the people working on those small projects wouldnt mean that VTM2 will take less time, or its problems will be fixed quickly, that is not how sw developement works.

Those avenues, even if they dont sell as much as the main game help theVTM2 to keep being worked on, since it adds cash to allow the people working on the big game to kept

being payed.

2 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Ok. Whatever bro. 

Nah fam, you are proposing an unsutainable way for them to run a business.

For starters, you doint even know if the people working on those small projects have the expertice to work on VTM2.

What you are proposing is the usual mistake that rookie and bad managers make that assume that putting more people to work on a project will make the project end faster and without problems.

Something i had to deal plenty on different projects and companies i worked with.

10 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Nah fam

Ok. Whatever bro.

Look I don't care about this clearly as much as you do. The main thrust of my comment really meant "Make games I give a shit about." Those spin off VTM games i dont care about, neither does Million and neither do most people. Make games people want to buy. 

The rest of your comments may be true but i dont give a shit either way which is the thrust of this you dont seem to be getting. I understand exactly why small studios do side projects and i dont have a problem with that at all, i would just like them to be side projects people actually care about. No one cares about these side projects while bad news about VTM2 keeps coming out. 

Edited by RSG3
21 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Ok. Whatever bro.

Look I don't care about this clearly as much as you do. The main thrust of my comment really meant "Make games I give a shit about." Those spin off VTM games i dont care about, neither does Million and neither do most people. Make games people want to buy. 

The rest of your comments may be true but i dont give a shit either way which is the thrust of this you dont seem to be getting. I understand exactly why small studios do side projects and i dont have a problem with that at all, i would just like them to be side projects people actually care about. No one cares about these side projects while bad news about VTM2 keeps coming out. 

Then express yourself better. 

There is a big difference in asking for better side projects than saying that they should just focus just on VTM2. 

And btw, i dont really care (never played a vtm game) , i am just killing time while the hurricane passes over my country. 

But if you get your feathers flustered beause someone reply to some stuff you post, then why post it on a forum? Lol

Edited by Hecatom
6 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Then express yourself better. 

I'll express myself however i want. 

There is a big difference in asking for better side projects than saying that they should just focus just on VTM2. 

Its the only thing they are working on that i care about so i would prefer they focus on it. My comment stands. 

i am just killing time while the hurricane passes over my country. 

That's cool bro. I hope everything turns out alright for you guys. Like i hope it just blows over ya'll with a light shower. Wishful thinking but my best hopes regardless. 

"But if you get your feathers flustered beause someone reply to some stuff you post, then why post it on a forum? Lol"

I'm not flustered. Im just saying the direction you are coming from isn't something I am concerned about. 

Edited by RSG3

So why is it that the new PS5 Digital is only $30 more than the last Gen Xbox One X?
Price wise, it's a terrible time to buy an Xbox console. 

The Series S is going to cost you in the long shot more than the Series X, and all the Xbox one console pricing except for the all digital Xbox one S is in the PS5 Digital's price range? 

To stop myself from incessantly checking the news, I picked up dragon quest on my phone. 

This iOS port is actually pretty great. They updated the music, and redrew everything so the portraits are pretty darn nice. 

And unlike a lot of SquareEnix ports, the aspect ration actually fills the whole screen. 

I think it's like $2.99. Highly recommend  

14 hours ago, DarkSakul said:

It's possible this is EA's tactic for making sure their players play ONLY CoD, by making the game so big, they don't have room for any other games. Maybe it'll fry the disc drive on the console too, wouldn't be surprised, this IS EA 🤣

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@SonichumanJust posted this in the NRS thread. Should have know you'd beat me to the punch here. Gotta go fast if you are going to beat Sonic.....human. 😉

Eh...I haven't been nearly as fast with me working from home and the kid taking up my time.  You probably would have posted before me if I was working normally today.

3 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

It's possible this is EA's tactic for making sure their players play ONLY CoD, by making the game so big, they don't have room for any other games. Maybe it'll fry the disc drive on the console too, wouldn't be surprised, this IS EA 🤣

CoD is Activision fam. EA wants players to have room for FIFA and Madden. They like to double  on their "surprise mechanics"

4 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

ACTIVISION (not EA lol) have now made CoD semi modular with the game. The size can change based on what you DL. Campaign/MP/Zombies are planned to be their own pieces so if there's something you don't care to play, you don't need to DL it/can uninstall later. I'll play campaign, uninstall and just enjoy MP and if zombies are wack (like BO4) I can also keep that uninstalled. 

1 hour ago, iStu X said:

Sega is leaving the arcade business 

This made me think:

Either This Virtua Fighter x eSports thing is not a new game that would be release in arcades

OR

VFxES is going to get scrapped cause it's initial release was going to be a cabinet and they're just going to sink it 

5 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Also Meg the Stallion cosplayed as Mileena for those interested

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHLeSGqlkss/?utm_source=ig_embed

Not fan of the new Mileena's look.

When compred to her look on MKX, this one feels kind of a downgrade, lol.

Also, as somneone who practiced martial arts in his youth, the way many chars lean forward on their idle stances kind of annoys me since they are supposed to be martial artists yet keep doing a bad posture that forgoes guarding and put their face in place to eat a kick befor they could be able to react 😠

Just now, Hecatom said:

Not fan of the new Mileena's look.

When compred to her look on MKX, this one feels kind of a downgrade, lol.

Also, as somneone who practiced martial arts in his youth, the way many chars lean forward on their idle stances kind of annoys me since they are supposed to be martial artists yet keep doing a bad posture that forgoes guarding and put their face in place to eat a kick befor they could be able to react 😠

Because MK is known for its realism. 

1 hour ago, iStu X said:

Well, that is a really interesting news.

Specially when they are one of the bigger arcade game operators, game creators, arcade's iunternet infrastructure, etc.

Will this move end their Nesica like service?

This only leaves Taito and their Nesica service, plus arcade manufactor.

2 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Because MK is known for its realism. 

Is not, necessarily about realism.

But the fact that they keep using the same stance minus some small changes for many chars is becoming more easy to notice this kind of shit, and therefore get tilted, lol.

Combbine that with their usual quirks whent it comes to animations and some chars get annoying to watch due how they animate in general.