Stage Select
Darc_Requiem

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

Posted (edited)

yeah I started playing it yesterday--- a friend recommended this recently and he also described it as "like Guardian Heroes" so I immediately had to look it up... 

ohhhh if they brought back Guardian Heroes again for Switch I'd buy it immediately.  I loved that shit.

Diablo 3 seasonal adventures--- my Demon Hunter hit level 70 a while ago; already paragon level 80-something at this point... the power of the Shadow set bonus is just silly--- on the 6th set piece you're talking about 75,000% bonus damage on the Impale skill. 😄  I don't even have all the stuff I want for this character yet and he's already crit hitting some monsters for billions in damage.

Edited by MillionX

Outstar had an interview with the devs behind Swansong---unfortunately I guess this means no live WoD news today then (their new day apparently is Thursday; I'll still check their channel at today's regular time though just in case)

also... a Nintendo "Treehouse" live shindig coming up soon today

hahaha already over 9k people waiting, and there's quite a bit of time before they go live...

I'm not sure if anyone else is a fan of Fire Emblem. There is game on GOG and Steam called Vestaria Saga I: War of Scions, it's from the original Fire Emblem creator and play like old school Fire Emblem. It's sprite based and looks like an early SNES game. I picked it up and if you aren't fan of the more forgiving newer games in the FE series it's for you.

World of Darkness twitch channel does their news show weekly; it moved to Thursdays as of last week AND changed timeslots so I missed it live today...but I'm watching the repeat now... Outstar interviewed a guy from Cyanide Studios which developed the Werewolf Earthblood game... more bonus points to consider---he stated some influences for combat were Devil May Cry, Darksiders and Prototype! Hell YEAH, man... 👍

On 7/14/2020 at 3:34 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm not sure if anyone else is a fan of Fire Emblem. There is game on GOG and Steam called Vestaria Saga I: War of Scions, it's from the original Fire Emblem creator and play like old school Fire Emblem. It's sprite based and looks like an early SNES game. I picked it up and if you aren't fan of the more forgiving newer games in the FE series it's for you.

Seems neat but I still have to get through Sakura Wars, the latest G Generation game, and Langrisser I+II.

GEARS 5 -- I was spending more quality time with this the past few days; recently unlocked Baird so I've been leveling him up.  Right away this is my preferred choice of "engineer" character--- his ultimate summons a DR-1 bot which is just cooler than Del's roller-bots, imo.

I didn't think I would get this far so fast in the Tour of Duty thing---I'm already at "Officer" 2 or 3 rank since the weekend.  The great thing is that you keep unlocking things as you go, and the rewards have improved since the game came out.  Some of the ranks grant gold coins you can use to get more character/skins. 

^It would really be nice if some other company owned the Phantasy Star IP...then I could actually have faith in it once again.  There was a time when I loved it soooo much.

Gears 5!
ha, sheeeeitttt, I'm up to Lieutenant rank in the Tour of Duty thing... it's quite easy to keep getting the ranks, since there's so many categories of stuff to earn your stars in....especially any of the Horde-related ones since that's been my main jam for years now in this series.  I went on to unlock "COG Gear" yesterday; the "Onyx Guard" version, of course...anything less would be uncivilized.  He has some interesting skill cards to unlock, and is definitely one of the best supporting characters in the game---his ultimate gets anyone downed back up, even if they're on the other side of the map apparently....and there's a card that can add healing (players and fortifications) on top of that.

Fahz still seems like one of the weaker characters in the context of Horde.  The damage just isn't there until "late game" for him when you have invested quite a bit of points in precision weapons and critical damage....and even then, it's sniping----so this is naturally just not going to keep up with characters like Kait and JD who are dishing out *absurd* amounts of damage all day.  It's another one of those times when you're left wondering "*why play Fahz if there's a spot open to play Kait or JD?"*  

Ohhh yeah and this is all on top of his ultimate being rather disappointing... it's conceptually some cheap shit and I like that (it's the thing where you get X-ray vision and can shoot through walls)...but out of any 1 ultimate, he's probably NOT getting kills unless we're talking "Beginner" difficulty setting *and* you have damage bonuses.

Posted (edited)

well, I didn't know this until noticing one of my friends playing the game early---but if you pre-order online with Destroy All Humans, you could get it early....along with those bonus skins.  So... I have it now already.  I haven't actually started it up though since I was addicted to Gears 5 all weekend and currently....ha, I played another small session of Horde early this morning, actually....on my main profile I'm up to "Major" in the Tour....I was in a match yesterday with a dude that already had General rank since he had the "UIR Cosmonaut" skin equipped.....heh, yesterday I hit a new damage high point for Kait in Horde... it was around 328,000 something damage on 1 boss wave....that broad is OP as hell, man😄... and I love it. (*likely because I killed the boss early... kill one immediately and the game just spawns another boss)

I played a bit more of regular Vs. mode... getting a bit better now; slowly adjusting to increased sensitivity settings for aiming...you *have* to get higher sensitivity against real human opponents, but I suppose anyone who plays/played competitive modes in shooters already knows that....if you can't swivel around and look/aim as fast as other people you literally have no chance. 

It's also just a cool thing for me whenever I get to play Locust/Swarm side, since the people behind this franchise have some weird thing about NOT letting us play as the bad guys in anything but Vs. modes. (WHERE the hell is Beast Mode, guys?  C'mon now...it's like they purposely don't want to listen to fans on that 1 issue.  and as if to troll---there's a mode simply called "Co-op vs. AI"....BUT you're *always* COG/good guys in that too...never Locust/Swarm.)

anyway, I'm definitely getting into Destroy All Humans later today, perhaps on lunchbreak or just after work.

Edited by MillionX