Stage Select
Darc_Requiem

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

Posted (edited)

hahaha, I never get tired of seeing the "pro wrestling" finisher moves in Gears 5, man... there's actually a piledriver execution... costed about 2,000 gold coins if I recall...HAD to get it.  The victim's head breaks apart like a melon as a result. 🤣There's a "Batista Bomb" powerbomb too; I also like using that one.

Batista is actually in there as a character skin, as well... I don't know if Batista is still obtainable, though ... I still have that; it's an alternate skin for Marcus Fenix; I unlocked it whenever it was first available.

...up to "Major III" rank in the Tour now.. I think Colonel is the next rank after Major V...

ohooooo one thing I just remembered from Gears of War 3 that I miss---that "live studio audience" mutator!  That shit was hilarious, man.... it's a damn shame they probably won't ever bring that back.  I doubt they will even bring the concept of "mutators" back either.  That studio audience thing was great--- when you pick up a downed enemy as a meat-shield, the audience is like "Awwwwwww" like it's a loving, romantic moment...and headshot kills always got some laughs from the "audience"...it was amazing.

example

Edited by MillionX

Posted (edited)

nah, the existence of that game is quite a frustrating thing for me...as you all know I'm the biggest fanboy for vampire/supernatural lore...especially VtM lately... but this Coteries game and the upcoming stand-alone expansion Shadows(?I think that's the name) is one of those "visual novel" types.  Worse yet---it's not even on the level of a "TellTale" game where the characters are at least moving around.  In this, there's barely any animation at all.  You're basically looking at a series of images and text....I'm not even sure there's music; it's been a while since I watched a youtuber (Outstar) "play" thru it.

I don't like those TellTale style games, but if it was at least that I probably would've bought it for a cheap price.  The art is great and I'm always into that vampire lore, but I need more actual "game" in the mix too.  

Such a shame that it's a visual novel...the upcoming one features a "Lasombra" clan vamp as the main character! (Lasombra is one of the coolest clans, imo).... if it was any sort of action or action-rpg kind of thing, it would absolutely have been a day 1 purchase for me.

The upcoming VtM: Swansong is described as another "narrative focused" thing, unfortunately...but so far the trailer they released is awesome:

Edited by MillionX

22 hours ago, MillionX said:

nah, the existence of that game is quite a frustrating thing for me...as you all know I'm the biggest fanboy for vampire/supernatural lore...especially VtM lately... but this Coteries game and the upcoming stand-alone expansion Shadows(?I think that's the name) is one of those "visual novel" types.  Worse yet---it's not even on the level of a "TellTale" game where the characters are at least moving around.  In this, there's barely any animation at all.  You're basically looking at a series of images and text....I'm not even sure there's music; it's been a while since I watched a youtuber (Outstar) "play" thru it.

I don't like those TellTale style games, but if it was at least that I probably would've bought it for a cheap price.  The art is great and I'm always into that vampire lore, but I need more actual "game" in the mix too.  

Such a shame that it's a visual novel...the upcoming one features a "Lasombra" clan vamp as the main character! (Lasombra is one of the coolest clans, imo).... if it was any sort of action or action-rpg kind of thing, it would absolutely have been a day 1 purchase for me.

The upcoming VtM: Swansong is described as another "narrative focused" thing, unfortunately...but so far the trailer they released is awesome:

Nothing wrong with narratives or visual novels man.  Reading is good for you! 😎

Posted (edited)

eh, for those I could just watch it on youtube though... I need some more "real" gameplay if it's classified as a game.  Another thing with those is that it follows preset, "defined" characters anyway.... another thing that is not preferable for me...even if a game uses a preset character and you follow his or her story, I'd like it to at least be that "Mass Effect" approach where this character's actions can differ greatly depending on the player's input.... Vampyr does that---you are "Dr. Jonathan Reid", but it's possible to play him as a vamp that has no self-control, feeding on anyone first chance he gets....or you could play him as a more noble character that resists his vampiric urges, and tries to do the "right" things....or you could be somewhere in between, in that moral grey area.

Random thing--- y'know, I never liked the controller-vibrate/rumble feature.  Metal Gear Solid's Psycho Mantis fight was the only interesting use of it that I've seen....every other time that shit just annoys me....sometimes I'll just turn it off if that's possible.  I was in a Gears 5 Horde session yesterday, and hit a glitch where the controller just went into a constant rumble mode.  I hate to be one of those notorious Gears fans that quits before a Horde or vs. match is over but I had to....no way I was going to put up with that the rest of the entire match.

Sheeeittt, the only "Rumble" that's cool with me is Soundwave's little buddy...

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Rumble_(G1)

new trailer for Shadows, by the way^...heh, as with Coteries I'll just watch someone play it on youtube or twitch

Edited by MillionX

Gears 5 - I still can't get enough of this shit... up to Colonel rank in that Tour of Duty at this point... still usually playing Kait whenever I can in Horde; that character is so ridiculous it becomes "easy mode" every time... I was explaining to a friend just the other day...he was already laughing before I even covered all the main points.  For a minute he thought I was speaking of regular vs. modes but that would be the craziest thing ever... just to review the main bullet points...here's Kait the Goddess, folks:

• Bonus shotgun damage via her perks...in a game where shotguns are the main thing; "Overkill" being one of the best in the game, imo
  • More shotgun damage bonus via a skillcard. (currently mine grants +15%)
  • Bleed Damage over Time effect from her shotguns (skill card for this)
  • Another skill card grants further bonus damage if an enemy is already bleeding from your previous shotgun hits. 
  • Increased health, regeneration and movement speed via her perk upgrade points.
  • Her ultimate makes her temporarily invisible for easy executions. 

The enemies have no chance against all that. 🤣  She's capable of destroying boss characters in literally a few seconds by herself.  If you're playing this character to maximum "serious" potential, the other players probably don't get to do much.

41 minutes ago, MillionX said:

sheeeitttttttttt

As Bison would say "This is DELICIOUS!"... THIS is easily a day 1 for me.

When it got announced during the PS5 reveal I thought it looked pretty  meh.  I might give it a shot at some point though.

yeah, I saw it coming...since here it is August and there was still no date yet 😞 

https://www.ign.com/articles/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2-delayed-to-2021

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/gaming/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2-delayed-to-2021/ar-BB17PsUS?ocid=bingoverlay

VtM: Bloodlines 2 delayed to 2021.

My other "vampire" games will have to suffice until then... it's awesome that lately there's actually some options now, with at least Vampyr and Code Vein (*vampire fans no longer have to tolerate Elder Scrolls games... I enjoyed Skyrim but the general unreliable nature that is typical of shit-ass Bethesda's games ultimately ruined it for me....it's no longer a good time if every time you enter or leave any given area in a game's world...you're also wondering if it's going to crash....again.  It is unlikely I'll ever play their games again.)

Edited by MillionX