Stage Select
Darc_Requiem

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

Dammit, now there's a bit of "drama" around my precious Bloodlines 2, I see.... apparently they fired some people from the team, at least 1 or 2 of which were lead writers on the original Bloodlines.
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2-narrative-lead/1100-6481136/

https://www.ign.com/articles/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2-two-creative-leads-dropped-unexpectedly

as you can imagine.... plenty of fans are NOT pleased to say the least... I'm reading thru some of the comments on their fb page at the moment...yeahhhh this isn't going over well at all.  I still want to get it, but it's good I didn't pre-order.  I held off because it just seems questionable to offer up pre-orders on something when there's still no official date.

Now that I've got quite a bit more time I've been going through my gaming backlog.  Far Cry 5/New Dawn were great and AC Odyssey is probably one of the biggest games I've ever played.  The DLC was incredible also!

Ghost of Tsushima next. ⚔️

Posted (edited)

well, first time I've started actually watching vids on certain tips/tricks the better Gears players have been using for years...

I already was aware of a few things (like basically it's sliding but making sure to cancel the animation before the character hits the wall; you can immediately do anything else if this is done correctly...but accidentally rolling means you've probably fucked up the timing) but it's interesting to see this shit explained in so much detail...

the real challenge imo is adjusting to increasingly higher look sensitivities when you've been used to playing either default or just a few numbers above default setting for so long... at high look-sensitivities it becomes more difficult to keep up with things, at least on a controller.

Edited by MillionX

yeah man, I was fascinated by the tech involved there...so it appears the karts have a camera so it can "see" and present that to you on the Switch screen, I guess.... I imagine this would really be best for people that have a large room to have races in....or perhaps race outside.  It pains me that this level of game technology didn't exist when I was a kid.  The new generation of young Mario Kart/racing fans out there will surely have some epic good times racing each other in the backyard or at park, maybe the  school playground if the world ever goes back to normal, etc....haha I would've tried setting up a race at church too.

this would be soooo bought if it let me make action-RPGs... I'm not a fan of  the turn-based stuff at all; so I would probably have fun making something with this but I would not want to actually play it:

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/rpg-maker-mv-switch/

I remember an older RPG Maker from the first PlayStation, I think...it was the same deal though; you could only make turn-based ones.

Even if it was something as simple as the style of original Legend of Zelda, that would be great.

…but a “Isometric Action-RPG Maker”? BRUH I’d buy that shit SO fast. It would instantly be one of the greatest games ever produced, imo. Imagine you decide what kind of story and lore is there… you get tons of assets for regular or boss-level monsters, all the stuff you need to set up the stages, deciding what the level-cap and endgame setup is like, deciding the skills for each character class, etc. I could obsess over this for thousands of hours and many years, easily.  

yeah, sadly I realize such a game will never become a reality.  

Edited by MillionX

6 hours ago, MillionX said:

this would be soooo bought if it let me make action-RPGs... I'm not a fan of  the turn-based stuff at all; so I would probably have fun making something with this but I would not want to actually play it:

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/rpg-maker-mv-switch/

I remember an older RPG Maker from the first PlayStation, I think...it was the same deal though; you could only make turn-based ones.

Even if it was something as simple as the style of original Legend of Zelda, that would be great.

…but a “Isometric Action-RPG Maker”? BRUH I’d buy that shit SO fast. It would instantly be one of the greatest games ever produced, imo. Imagine you decide what kind of story and lore is there… you get tons of assets for regular or boss-level monsters, all the stuff you need to set up the stages, deciding what the level-cap and endgame setup is like, deciding the skills for each character class, etc. I could obsess over this for thousands of hours and many years, easily.  

yeah, sadly I realize such a game will never become a reality.  

They've been making different versions of RPG Maker for PC for decades.  MV itself is on PC already - idk why anyone would try to use it on Switch.  Definitely want to use a PC for that.  People have made impressive games with this software over the years.

Meanwhile---the time is at hand!  Kingdoms of Amalur has blessed us all with it's 2nd coming....at least for those like me who pre-ordered and get to play it early.  Today is a great day already. 

...not even sure what my character type will be just yet... most likely Finesse+Sorcery; that was my favorite build.

Edited by MillionX

13 hours ago, MillionX said:

Bruhhhhhhhh

😮 🥒

Still haven't played the Fire Emblem or Zelda musou games yet.  Shit I haven't even played the Persona one yet.  I'm so far behind. =[

I would've been into the Fire Emblem one, but the more footage and pictures I saw of it, the less I was interested... I forgot the details of exactly what was killing that game for me but heh...that was of course the franchise's only chance at catching my eye, since there's no way in the world I would play the regular series.  ...and of course once Hyrule Warriors was out that sealed the deal...I already am more familiar with and care about the characters and lore of the Zelda world so that was an easy buy for me.

The Amalur Update--- up to level 11 at this point with my main character "Zuul"... also started another character I called "Vermeer"... a "Dokkalfar" (dark elf basically) that is destined for the finesse/sorcery path.

funny thing--- the "day 1" patch still hasn't actually happened yet, and we're on day 2 now....

the lovely Alanah (yep I'd eat) walks about that XB S price/info

edit---oh yeah--- today is the day----the legendary DREAMCAST is 21 years old now.  9.9.99 - never forget, folks.

Edited by MillionX

ok yeah, the more I see of this game the more appealing it is...this is shaping up to be a day 1 buy for me

another boost weekend for GEARS 5
https://www.gears5.com/whats-up-september-10

"We’re giving everyone free boost and 3xp until the morning of Monday, September 14. For those of you not familiar with how boost works – it means a robust 6XP." 😮

Edited by MillionX

4 hours ago, Angel said:

That hyrule warriors just looks like straight up 2 year old dlc 🤣

How do you figure? It's looks much better than the original Hyrule Warriors and the assets aren't the same as the ones from Breath of the Wild.

Fextralife's latest vid on Amalur....  

The original game was pretty easy no matter what build you used, but I remember it was the "pure" classes that were the most godlike...particularly Sorcery and pure Might.

Another channel with Amalur action--- some interesting info/tips on Very Hard difficulty

Very Hard difficulty is just what the doc ordered on this game, man... one of the main complaints of the original was that it kind of defeated the purpose of our character having all these cool moves if eventually you're so godlike that everything dies too fast anyway.

Edited by MillionX