Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

The Maker of the Mega Everdrive made a Wireless Sega Genesis  Controller

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmoIBBas9wQ

https://krikzz.com/store/home/52-master-everdrive.html#/109-color-transparent_gray

Also for you nay Sayers who bring up thats it's $35 for a 8 Bitdo Controller, You need another $30 for the matching receiver if you want to use it with a NES or SNES. This is the game pad and receiver unit. 

On 4/25/2018 at 11:31 PM, DarkSakul said:

The Maker of the Mega Everdrive made a Wireless Sega Genesis  Controller

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmoIBBas9wQ

https://krikzz.com/store/home/52-master-everdrive.html#/109-color-transparent_gray

Also for you nay Sayers who bring up thats it's $35 for a 8 Bitdo Controller, You need another $30 for the matching receiver if you want to use it with a NES or SNES. This is the game pad and receiver unit. 

I would've preferred a Saturn controller.  The shoulder buttons let you use it with a wider range of systems.

sheeeeit, Saturn had one of the greatest controllers of all time---PERFECT 6-button layout and comfortable design.

Good shit coming up--- I got Wizard of Legend to look forward to (May 15) and of course Vampyr ( https://twitter.com/VampyrGame?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author )on  June 5.

Wizard of Legend twitter-->(https://twitter.com/contingent99?lang=en)

Meanwhile:

Bayonetta 2--- I'd love a more randomized fight mode in stylish action games like this... the downside of the Witch Trials is that it's the same pattern of enemies each time....Bloody Palace in DMC4 was the same deal--- it would be even better if they had modes like that where it is random what kind of enemies are going to show up, then you could get some crazy enemy combinations out of nowhere....man that would be the shit.

Edited by MillionX

man, I don't think the Witch Trials V in Bayonetta 2 ever gets "easy" at any point, man... from the beginning it's enemies that are throwing out non-stop attacks every second from every possible direction...and a LOT of the hits are near instantaneous shit with little to no startup animation.  I'd find it hard to believe anyone claiming they can consistently dodge all of the foolishness going on in that particular one....maybe if you have Speedforce-enhanced reaction time like Flash, then I might believe ya....possibly.

One thing that adds to the difficulty here--- that dreaded shit that happens in a lot of action games... some of these attacks WILL hit you from off-screen....which of course means there was absolutely no way possible you could've defended against that, other than constantly be dodging and hope to be lucky in dodging random shit.

GEARS 4--

SHEEEEIT, the Scout role really has become my favorite character class to play in Horde, man.  It is one of the most crucial roles that helps the team, and it's just so fun to really be out there and all over the map.  There's certain skills the Scout gets that makes it a little easier to survive out there....like right now mine has a +60% health bonus, and there's a boost to health regeneration that is available too (though I'm not using that card at the moment), AND there's another skill card that grants you health each time you pick up the power.... currently I just have that health bonus, the +50% deposit bonus, and a delicious +80%(!!) shotgun damage

I would still have preferred if leveling either went a little faster, or you start off with more skill card slots or something.  As it is now (and since the beginning), it is SUCH a damn grind to level up....soooo slow, and the payout of those credits (that are used to buy the notorious lootbox "packs") is always pitifully small, of course....you play what seems like forever for only a few hundred credits, and one Horde Booster pack is costing 400.  I think more people would've kept playing this on a regular basis and wouldn't quit so often if the game wasn't so damn stingy and grind-focused..

....it's probably why you look at the achievement list, and notice that so many of the progression-related achievements (like "level a class to 10!") are still showing up as rare achievements---with some terrible # like "1.07% of people have this achievement" 🤣

Edited by MillionX
2 hours ago, DanZan said:

For those that are playing GOW...

Can you tell me in one sentence or less what it is exactly that makes the game so good?

Thanks

First time Kratos is more than just someone who screams a lot. Flexible combat system that is a little bit more like Dark Souls than Devil May Cry.  Gear customization and the ability to change your play-style.  Beautiful graphics.  Small-scale story that's done pretty well.  Not open world, but kinda close (think Yakuza-style exploration).

Finally got around to beating Odin Sphere Leifthrasir.

Started the PS2 original years ago but never got around to finishing it.  Decided to give the remake a spin.

It's a beautiful game (just like all of Vanillaware's works), and the multi-character narrative works pretty well.  They don't make many games like this.

Odin-Sphere-Leifthrasir-cover.jpg

Well.... I still wasn't quite done with Bayonetta 2, apparently... I got hooked on playing it again in the "Tag Climax" mode yesterday.  Unfortunately you cannot change your character if you started already and then do an online co-op with someone... I was playing Rosa then responded to a co-op request.... Rosa is godlike but she's probably not the best choice for this mode... since she's also slower compared to the other characters (so the other person can rack up the points faster.... she only gets an advantage from what I see once she summons the mech, then the combo points and damage goes crazy for her)  

...oh and we fought RODIN!  Holy shit, man.. yeah he's there once again as an optional boss.... it's my first time fighting him, actually...that character is SO ridiculous...in 2 or 3 tries we couldn't beat him.  He has insane power, range and is probably THE fastest character I've seen in the game.  It's like trying to fight Pre-Crisis Superman or Ultra Instinct Goku, man.....goddamn

VAMPYR--- they just posted another vid on their twitter

10 hours ago, misterBee said:

@MillionX I was a little bummed out to see Vampyr isn't just Vampire: The Masquerade, but I'll give it a shot.  Game wasn't even on my radar.

y'know, even though I've been keeping up with this one since it was announced....so far I still haven't seen whether or not you can turn others into vamps....I'm also wondering if feeding on people is always a kill, or is the character able to drain them without killing in the process...y'know, for those that want to be a vampire that shows some measure of restraint.  They have made it clear that it's possible to get through the game without killing anyone at all though, so I imagine that's possible....  Skyrim did have little details like that, and it was awesome... even in the "regular", non-modded game, there's at least 1 quest I remember where you get to turn someone, then you can check back on her later, seeing how she's adjusting to her life as a newly "sired" vamp in that town.

yeah, if Vampire: The Masquerade ever got a remake I'd be all over that shit day 1, easily.  Someone out there needs to make that magic happen....and bring back Blood Omen as well.

sheeeeit, just a matter of weeks now... VAMPYR 6/05/18 on PC/X1/PS4, folks....hell fucking YES.

2 hours ago, DanZan said:

any E3 predictions anyone?

i pray we get Bloodborne 2

Predictions? Not as involved in game news as I used to be, so don't have any.

As for things that I want...maybe PS5.  My gaming PCs still smoke all consoles, but it'd be nice for the machine in my living room to be a bit more powerful, and I don't feel like a Pro is worth the upgrade atm.  Xbox One X is a slightly better value proposition, but still not a big enough benefit.

PS5 with full backwards compatibility with PS4 would be great.  Barring that, maybe a Switch that isn't so clunky or a new handheld from someone.

Software-wise I don't have anything on the wish list.  Most of the stuff I like is already a regular franchise/has been announced already.  It's more of a waiting game for me at the moment.

Sadly, I don't think Bloodborne 2 will ever happen.  I think the director said he wasn't interested in making another one.

I mean they're too busy making other shit right now to do bloodborne 2. Bloodborne also sold like a motherfucker on top of being a commission style game. The dev expenses were covered by Sony, then they made a boatload afterwards. It was a fantastic game that showed the dark souls formula could be used to do some other really cool shit. Ni-oh did that too but its good that BB came from the original creators

sheeeeit, ok so I STILL wasn't quite done with Bayonetta 2 then... I kinda forgot about the Tag Climax mode and the unlockables there.... so I was playing that recently; unlocked Rodin AND "Lumen Sage" as playable characters!  Unfortunately this highlights one of my only gripes with the game though--- both of these badass dudes are ONLY playable in the Tag Climax mode though.  It would be cool if they were playable in Witch Trials or even Story mode, as odd as that would be.

NEXT WEEK-- Wizard of Legend on 5/15, folks.  Hell yeah. (*it's on everything... PC/X1/PS4/Switch)

50 minutes ago, rukawa_kaede said:

We get like four Dark Souls games plus remasters and we only get one bloodborne game??!! Screw you From Software 

Honestly though where would they even go from there?  Seems like everything pretty much gets sorted (assuming you got the true ending).

sheeeeeit, so much to play, man... right when I'm fresh into Wizard of Legend... HYRULE WARRIORS is out, man.  

..and of course it's awesome.  I got it on lunchbreak yesterday and was already playing it there in the parking lot, then later on my afternoon break, and immediately when I got home.  This is too damn good.  Good thing I waited on this one and did NOT get the WiiU version earlier...heh, no double-dipping on this one; it's my first time playing it.  Also, unlike the Fire Emblem game... I care more about this since it features characters I actually know and care about.

I'd still go wild for a Power Rangers "warriors" style game though...to me that would probably be the ultimate... a franchise perfectly suited for this style of game.  Someone in the industry...please make this dream a reality some day...please.  Imagine that shit, man--- huge roster of playable Rangers from every season; Morphin, Zeo, Turbo, In Space, Lost Galaxy, Time Force, Wild Force, Ninja Storm, etc. etc. etc.  Boss battles could show the other rangers and you jumping into the Zords to form the Megazord or whatever, then you control the Megazord against whatever monster just evolved to giant-form.  Regular stages of course would have you fighting just in Ranger uniform, with specials involving team-up super attacks from other Rangers.

Edited by MillionX

Well, quite an odd session of Horde in Gears 4 earlier today... though still fun...

We had a Scout that was on point with playing his role...but for some reason he was just sitting on the power most of the time...didn't deposit that shit until the end..(at one point he had something crazy like 39,000+ power...just holding on to it). this may have been just because it was only Casual Lite though.  I was playing it on that mode because people actually DON'T usually quit there. (I guess since it's less serious?)  One person dropped but the rest of us pretty much cruised easily to wave 25 which is the end of it.  I was Engineer for this run... currently level 8.  Leveling is incredibly slow at that point.

Horde Mania (Normal and Insane) is still going on; I thought it was just for last weekend but perhaps they extended it....it's definitely fun.

Edited by MillionX
On 5/15/2018 at 5:54 AM, MillionX said:

yeah...  another example of a vid starting off looking aweesome... great art style and character lineup here....THEN I see "oh...it's a goddamn puzzle game" 😞 

one of the comments summed up my thoughts perfectly --"how to start up a hype train and derail it in under a minute" 

OFmrtgk.gif

I think this is the trailer you were looking for.

damn it seems like the grind is even slower for some reason?!  I just went a whole session of "Horde Mania" which is 25 waves (and even "just" 25 waves can seem like quite a long time)....it only took my heavy class from a fresh level 3 to a level 3 with about 20% of the progress meter left before hitting level 4.  Jesus H. Christ, man.

new gameplay footage + dev commentary of VAMPYR... though I am conflicted on whether or not to watch all of it since they mention right away there's a few little spoilers in this...

there is so much I'm loving about this.... my only minor complaint is that like with other games--- I'd always prefer there be at least some degree of customization for how my version of "Dr. Reid" looks...changes to hairstyle and facial hair, facial features, and clothing at least.  I haven't finished watching this but I'm also curious to see if you can "turn" people.... if I created a vampire game I'd make sure to include that along with "sire-bond" being a thing perhaps to base certain abilities on (*like "Invoke Sire-bond" to compel those you turn to do whatever you want them to do or assist you in battle.)

Edited by MillionX

I had a damn nice run in Gears 4 Horde a few hours ago... I forgot the name of that map but it's with the ideal spot usually being some highway looking place with a broken down car towards the back....of course we had the fabricator back there.  I was Engineer again, and had such a beautiful setup with 4 sentries.... 2 on either side of the highway where another car is at the center of the road....then 2 barriers in front of those sentries.  Naturally, as Engineer I have all these cost reduction bonus skills for getting stuff, so they're much cheaper for me to build fortifications.  I've read that they eventually buffed the sentries and it's definitely noticeable.  Anything trying to rush in got slowed by the barriers, and lit up by 4 sentries + 1 or 2 or more of us also shooting....it was awesome, man.   

sidenote--- I got a new tv recently; a 55-inch UHD... Gears looks RIDICULOUS on this monster 😮

and holy shit I just discovered (lost the instructions already) I could change the picture mode... set it on "dynamic", and it just took things to another level....this is insane.  I just got through with another 50 waves of Horde mode....yeah, surprisingly I've had 2 teams of random folks that were in it for that long haul.

7 MORE DAYS until VAMPYR, folks... it's unfortunate that few others share my enthusiasm for vampire and various other supernatural stuff, but words really can't describe my hype level for this damn game, man... I'm not sure if I want to get the physical or digital version of this first copy (yes... I intend to get it on both systems...probably on PC too once I get a better one in the near future)...apparently at least on Xbox 1, it's playable as of 11 pm Central time on Monday if you pre-order...then again unless it "pre-loads" or something there's also the time of installation to consider.  I always prefer physical copies of games though so I will most likely get it that way.  Also---pre-ordering gets you an alternate outfit and weapons.

behold, another glimpse of this greatness...

Edited by MillionX