Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

14 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Not my type of game. Never really cared for Quantic Dreams stuff.

This plus the Telltale stuff is some of the best type of game you can play with other people.  Trying to get the outcome you want with your friends/family is wonderful.  Detroit is really well done too!

nah.... I was excited for Detroit: Become Human....until I saw exactly what type of "game" it was.  I'm just not down with those that are in the "interactive movie" category.

Vampyr is available as a digital "pre-order" right now, so I went on and got it already... it becomes officially available that way by 11 pm central time on Monday....hell fucking YEAH I will be on that immediately.  I'm actually intending to sleep early so I can wake up fully rested and ready to start that game ASAP.

So far the only things I'd probably have done differently if I designed the game--- give Dr. Reid a variety of outfits in the game, and some customization of his face and hairstyles...similar to how "Commander Shepherd" is still a set character but can be visually customized in Mass Effect.  I'd also go on to include some other major supernatural things like ghosts, witches and of course werewolves.   For a sequel, my vampire game would have co-op/multiplayer as well...and I'd include different eras of time.  There's so many awesome gaming possibilities with vampires and the lore around them...it's bizarre that it's not a more common subject/inspiration for a video game.

Edited by MillionX
4 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

It's nice having Street Fighter now in my hands (Switch ver) but yeah, the joycons are ass for playing. I will get a new stick.

I snagged this for my Switch.

61T4XamKmKL._AC_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Arcade-Hayabusa-Officially-Licensed/dp/B01N4P40LG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1527905678&sr=8-1&keywords=hori+arcade+stick+switch

Pro Controller is nice for most things but I refuse to play fighting games on pad.

sheeeeit, I've been on a streak of good luck with random teams in Gears 4 Horde lately.... went all the way to wave 50 on 3 occasions today.  My Engineer is up to level 9 at this point, heavy is about to hit 8 and Scout is well into 8 as well... I also leveled up the health bonus on Scout so now he has +100% Health....naturally this character class is super easy mode since that 1 skill means you have up to double the health....and he has other defensive/tanking skills too, like increased regeneration and a skill where you gain a % of health each time you're hitting enemies either with melee or shotgun.

Lootbox shit in this game (*it's unavoidable, sadly)---Elite Pack is the box to get, btw... I've acquired legendary stuff much more often from those.  Heh, for some reason they gave me the Zombie Minh character 3 times today; I already have him so that was some big-time scrap right there.

Edited by MillionX

VAMPYR is finally officially mine!  ohhhhh and it's shaping up to be everything I was expecting so far.  At the moment, I've already fed on some roguish fellow over by the docks when you arrive at the hospital... seemed like the type that always starts trouble with people anyway... good riddance to some riff-raff of the town there.  Heh, his last thoughts were of anger and cursing the world.  He apparently has a wife... maybe she's due a visit from "the good doctor" as well.... 

this vid explains the social circle aspect of the game

Edited by MillionX

So far, yeah... of course it's unfortunately not as flashy as a "stylish action" sort of thing, which is what I normally like...but it's good enough to work for me.  There's stamina to consider, as well as your blood "meter"...the amount of blood is of course your fuel for the major vampire powers (the cool shadow-dodge) is tied directly to stamina, apparently....you just have to be extra careful when fighting things that are more powerful/higher level of course.

Code Vein trailer just dropped WITH a date!!!  Yesssssssssssss [9/28/18]

Edited by MillionX

holy shit I just ran into a "Vulkod" in Vampyr... this dude was like the HULK of vampires, man....he was also 4 levels above me....... it took a while to beat that guy, but I managed to kill him.

The "Coagulation" power really came in handy there... it involves blocking the blood flow and causing temporary paralysis.... after the fight I leveled this up so now I can paralyze my enemies for 5 seconds instead of 3.  I've also invested into the "Shadow Veil", and went with the topside skills on the skill tree for that...the damage bonuses are RIDICULOUS with that.... (becoming invisible for a while; attacking from invisibility gives me the damage bonus..you can see the numbers too.... I already did 550 damage to one regular enemy a little while ago; for just the first rank of that effect that is insane.)

BRUH... holy shit the revelation that just happened 😮  I had to take a break just now to sit back and reflect on everything that just happened... wow, man... everything about that scene, and the fight I just barely scraped by in....this game, man..  👍

Edited by MillionX

yeah it's a frustrating thing there... when there's awesome shit you'd like to mention to people but realize it's huge spoilers there and they should experience it properly.  Good thing I'm playing this BEFORE  a certain friend I know, because that guy is notorious for just spoiling all kinds of shit in regular conversation.

I'm level 20 at this point, with Mesmerize up to level 3; not sure what the level-cap is, actually....but Dr. Reid is pretty damn strong at this point...I boosted health, stamina, blood and "Claws" attack power since I had a ton of exp (5,500!) saved up after this latest section of the story.  Shadow Veil is an amazing boost for the next attack, and Coagulation is amazing since it completely immobilizes enemies for a free hit....or of course just hold them in paralysis while you fight others.  

ah, exactly what I was fearing with Anthem... no offline... so more than likely, that probably just killed my interest right there.  Most other gamers at this point are ok with this shit but it just never sits right with me, man... anytime it's online only, that means you don't *really* have that shit.  There will come a day in the near future where you CANNOT play it anymore, so it's really just an extended rental.  I like the simple notion that I can play the damn game I have at some point 10 years from now if I want.  This is one of the things that turned me off from Destiny (besides, Division also didn't have enough wild supernatural/sci-fi shit for my tastes..."Regular People Shooting Each Other" will always be incredibly boring for games, imo), actually.....AND The Division.  There's no words to fully convey how much it irritates me that this bullshit is becoming the goddamn "new normal" in this shit-headed industry.  Yeah I'm absolutely in grumpy old man mode here...fuck all that stupid horseshit, man.  If the very concept itself was a person, I'd have no problems skinning that son of a bitch alive and stabbing its eyes out.  How long until shit like a newly updated PACMAN is "Online-Only"? FUCK that fucking retarded bullfucking shit, man.  "Tetris: 2024 Deluxe Edition [online-required] "Devil May Cry [online-required]" FUCK THAT.

Edited by MillionX

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/367481-target-ad-610-616-50-off-20-gift-card-all-xbox-consoles-34999-ps4-pro-free-carrying-case-w-nintendo-switch-b1g1-50-off-3ds-games/

Video Game Sales

Target

(Valid June 10- June 16 ,2018)

Ass Creed Origins -             $30  (PS4/X1)

DragonBall FighterZ -       $40  (PS4/X1)

Far Cry 5                         -      $40   (PS4/X1)

Monster Hunter World  - $40  (PS4/X1)

Best Buy has the same prices for these this week with the exception of DragonballfighterZ.

Edited by DangerousJ
2 hours ago, MillionX said:

ah, exactly what I was fearing with Anthem... no offline... so more than likely, that probably just killed my interest right there.  Most other gamers at this point are ok with this shit but it just never sits right with me, man... anytime it's online only, that means you don't *really* have that shit.  There will come a day in the near future where you CANNOT play it anymore, so it's really just an extended rental.  I like the simple notion that I can play the damn game I have at some point 10 years from now if I want.  This is one of the things that turned me off from Destiny (besides, Division also didn't have enough wild supernatural/sci-fi shit for my tastes..."Regular People Shooting Each Other" will always be incredibly boring for games, imo), actually.....AND The Division.  There's no words to fully convey how much it irritates me that this bullshit is becoming the goddamn "new normal" in this shit-headed industry.  Yeah I'm absolutely in grumpy old man mode here...fuck all that stupid horseshit, man.  If the very concept itself was a person, I'd have no problems skinning that son of a bitch alive and stabbing its eyes out.  How long until shit like a newly updated PACMAN is "Online-Only"? FUCK that fucking retarded bullfucking shit, man.  "Tetris: 2024 Deluxe Edition [online-required] "Devil May Cry [online-required]" FUCK THAT.

I mean, these are persistent online games.  There shouldn't be any expectation that they are going to have an offline mode.   For people like me who like online games like this, this is great!

plenty of other games with online modes manage to still have offline capability just fine.  ....and now Todd just revealed that the new Fallout is all online too.  Yeah if the whole industry goes this direction then I'm done with this shit.  Fuck it all to hell forever... I'll still have my older games from back when companies had some goddamn sense and weren't trying to maintain absolute control over the shit and weren't trying to make gaming into a "service" instead of a product.  

How long 'til Nintendo gets in on it too..?

SUPER MARIO BROS. NEW AGE ADVENTURES [online-only] <--yeah these companies need to get the fuck outta here with this kind of nonsense.  

BAYONETTA 4 [online-required] <- fuck it all to hell.  May this entire industry crash and burn as hard as possible if they push it in this direction.

Edited by MillionX
14 minutes ago, MillionX said:

plenty of other games with online modes manage to still have offline capability just fine.  ....and now Todd just revealed that the new Fallout is all online too.  Yeah if the whole industry goes this direction then I'm done with this shit.  Fuck it all to hell forever... I'll still have my older games from back when companies had some goddamn sense and weren't trying to maintain absolute control over the shit and weren't trying to make gaming into a "service" instead of a product.  

You and me both, Million - you and me both.

It'll be no great loss for me, though.

I've been nearly 100 % retro for a couple of years now (ever since the PS3 faded away, basically).

Though I will still hold out hope for Borderlands 3, and get the 4K versions of my PS3 boos whenever they go on deep sale.

Except Dragon's Crown.

I Day One'd that shit.

Hard.

I love all the retro collections. They add further legitimacy to all of my legal ROMs. I'll be buying retro systems [again] soon enough.

God's know you can't go wrong with your second SNES, fourth NES, or third Genny.

And I just can't see Steam going down that Brown Brick Road.

They know a shite idea when they see one.

They'll only flourish under such circumstances.

PC Master Race is safe.

Edited by JHDK

Although it lacked exclusives, MS had a solid conference. The acquisition of five studios is nice. However I think that will effect the next Xbox. The One is done. They've avoided posting sales figures for four years, you don't do that unless you are getting bodied free by your competition. Well you don't if you're MS. Nintendo took it on the chin with the Wii U and never stopped posting sales numbers.

Side note: EA's conference was ass.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

I wouldn't worry about the death of single player games.  Some of the most anticipated stuff announced so far have all been traditional single player stuff.

DMC5, Elder Scrolls 6, Starfield, Sekiro, Cyberpunk etc.

Just because Bethesda is putting work into online spin-offs for some of its franchises doesn't mean the world is ending. 😄

haha that Jump Force game.... another one where we have to pretend like Goku would actually have trouble with whoever else he is fighting in there.... and I'll bet Ichigo isn't there, since apparently the rest of the world likes to just pretend like Bleach wasn't hot for a while.

Gears 4 - as expected with this 5x boost going on... I played just 1 short session of Horde and now my Scout is level 10 as well.... later tonight I'll level Engineer to 10; he's already at 9 with half the progress remaining to 10.... maybe I'll actually get all of them to 10 while this glorious 5x Exp is in effect.

Random VG  complaints 

I' m quite surprised that Borderlands 3 hasnt been teased/or unveiled.
I thought BL2 was a great game and super popular.
It’s been 4 years since Pre-sequel came out .
Mean while we get COD: Eating Ass Warfare every year like clockwork. Uggh

also, wtf is up with Shenmue 3?
It feels like its never coming out. and with barely any news , its easy to forget with all this great stuff coming out esp for PS4.

3 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Random VG  complaints 

I' m quite surprised that Borderlands 3 hasnt been teased/or unveiled.
I thought BL2 was a great game and super popular.
It’s been 4 years since Pre-sequel came out .
Mean while we get COD: Eating Ass Warfare every year like clockwork. Uggh

also, wtf is up with Shenmue 3?
It feels like its never coming out. and with barely any news , its easy to forget with all this great stuff coming out esp for PS4.

I like COD.  Don't hate. 😢

Lots of good stuff coming.  I think I'll invest in an XBO-X or buy new graphics card for my living room PC.  My desk system is a beast but the TV rig could use a bit of a boost.