Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

3 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Reminder, Bin Salban killed a news reporter for talking against him and then he chopped it to remove it from the hotel.

He also has killed civilians that refused to move away from his properties when he took them away for his new city.

If there is something twatter should be moaning about, is this.

Xiaohai got to be careful

2 minutes ago, rukawa_kaede said:

how much  a ps4 pro is supposed to cost?

best buy is selling it at $400 I was hoping to get it cheaper than that is only 100 less than a PS5 now.

$400usd new is about right.  Used is about $300-350usd depending on the Avenue you go through. 

your best bet is eBay. Most people sell the system bundled with games and extra controllers for about $320-$380usd. The games included can be hit or Miss though. 

usually there is some kind of Black Friday sale for them but with the launch of the 5 Sony likely felt little reason to. 

4 minutes ago, iStu X said:

$400usd new is about right.  Used is about $300-350usd depending on the Avenue you go through. 

your best bet is eBay. Most people sell the system bundled with games and extra controllers for about $320-$380usd. The games included can be hit or Miss though. 

usually there is some kind of Black Friday sale for them but with the launch of the 5 Sony likely felt little reason to. 

I see, i wanted to make sure i wasn't over paying for it. There are people selling the console for less than 300 on eBay right now.

don't really care about any games or controllers only for the console to be in good working order.

14 minutes ago, rukawa_kaede said:

I see, i wanted to make sure i wasn't over paying for it. There are people selling the console for less than 300 on eBay right now.

don't really care about any games or controllers only for the console to be in good working order.

yeh. i've seen em as low as 250 but its not extremely common.. 

28 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

I beat Miles last night. Fantastic game. I'll proudly do a New Game+ later on.

But now it's time to start Demon's Souls. Having never played a Souls game before, what's a good beginner-friendly class to start my build with? Seems to be a bunch of different choices.

i think it was called lone survivor in bloodborne? you get more stamina and health from the start.

although which class you choice it all depends in your style, mine i like to kill everything with brute force no strategy

Edited by rukawa_kaede
57 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

But now it's time to start Demon's Souls. Having never played a Souls game before, what's a good beginner-friendly class to start my build with? Seems to be a bunch of different choices.

In my experience, in Souls games, Knight class or something like that is usually a more beginner friendly melee character but @M A R T I A N could probably give you a better idea. 

59 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

STR and/or Dex builds are the most beginner friendly for starting souls. It will allow you to experiment will different sort of weapons to decide which moveset you will be comfortable with. It's shield friendly if you want to use one. I would save magic ordinated builds until you become familiar with how the game works. 

1 hour ago, Chadouken said:

Honestly, pick whatever looks the most fun to you. 

You can start with a pretty traditional sword and shield build, and mostly focus on STR, VIT and END. That'll probably be the easiest way to get through the game. 

Chances are tho, you'll find weapons and items along the way that intrigue you so I wouldn't go too crazy dumping points into STR or DEX early. Vitality and Endurance will increase your health, maximum endurance, and max equip load. You can probably spend most of your points on those early on and get your big damage increases from weapon upgrades. I also would consider learning your i-frames on rolls really early on. Eventually you won't even feel like you need a shield. It'll just feel like it's slowing you down, lol. 

Good luck bro. But also: fuck you for subjecting me to this painful irony of having to help newcomers play a game I've been waiting for, for 10 years.

1580402525_3LZq(1).gif.d9812094e854ab420873705e2b5096a3.gif 

3 hours ago, Chadouken said:

Yea AngelPalm is right play Royalty.  Start with a spell, a wand, and a regenerating mana accessory. 

Edited by RSG3

Bought a game that has been on my wish list for a good while now on the Switch eShop: Castle Crashers. Since it was on sale, I figured now was a good time to cop it. And it gave me something new to play with my nephew. Really digging it. Game def has a sense of humor, even if some of it is on the juvenile side. Was not expecting the first boss to end with some Double Dragon stuff. 

Spoiler

In case you're wondering, YES, I did body my nephew for a kiss from some girl I don't even know if I will ever see again. *Shrug*

Since my physical copy of Rolling Gunner got the axe, I bought it on the eShop on Tuesday. Haven't played it yet.

Started playing power rangers. Holy hell you can tell it was designed by mvc players lol. Holy brokenness. 

Also whoever dumb ass idea it was to not have ranked match making is Satan. I literally hopped onto casuals and ranked and neither let's you match up with people of similar rank. I was facing level 178 people off jump wtf. 

I find it interesting that even if you summon a zord it doesn't save you from an ass whooping. Meaning if I summon a zord but Im getting attacked it won't appear. It only appears if I'm on the offensive. 

Push blocking is vital but I need to train it alot. Also it seems theirs a special way to recover from juggles but I haven't figured it out... Prob involves push blocks not sure yet. 

Had to pull the trigger on some games I had been wanting off of steam for a while, one of them I had forgotten about and gotten confused with the other since the protagonist are both females with anime ascetic and stuff covering their ears.   Can't wait for that old school rpg goodness.

Anyways I know everyone hates this dude but idgaf this fucker makes me laugh.  Breh got something for everyone in this video XD

19 minutes ago, Angel said:

Had to pull the trigger on some games I had been wanting off of steam for a while, one of them I had forgotten about and gotten confused with the other since the protagonist are both females with anime ascetic and stuff covering their ears.   Can't wait for that old school rpg goodness.

Anyways I know everyone hates this dude but idgaf this fucker makes me laugh.  Breh got something for everyone in this video XD

This guy is really trying to get them angry clicks eh?

Edited by Sonichuman

So the Avengers game did not sell as expected

• "How much was this loss? When addressing Matsuda, one participating investor estimated the loss was 7 billion yen ($67 million)—an estimate that Matsuda did not refute. The same participant asked if the HD Games subsegment would have been profitable if Marvel’s Avengers had sold enough to cover those development costs, seemingly unable to believe the loss was too large to simply be due to lackluster Avengers sales."

https://kotaku.com/marvels-avengers-didnt-sell-as-expected-says-square-en-1845763877

Just now, DoctaMario said:

@MillionX Vampire Coteries is on sale and I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on it. Can you tell me a bit about it? 

I was also thinking about this since both are on sale... but the only thing tempting me is the fact that I'm such a big fan of that world and the lore, and vamps in general.  It's just that the genre itself is always off-putting to me.  Those 2 are "visual novels", so you're barely doing anything but pressing a button to advance to the next screen, and selecting from a list of answers about what your character is going to do or say; that sort of thing.  From what I've seen in watching people "play" it on youtube... there is even less room for player choices in Shadows of New York....that one is even more linear than "Coteries".  It's even more of a shame since the main character there in the 2nd game is someone who is embraced into the Lasombra clan, which is one of the coolest ones, imo. (shadow powers!)  

I'd be slightly more inclined to buy if they were at least like the TellTale games,though I am not a fan of those either.... but at least the TellTale games actually show characters moving around.  These games are just text and pictures.  There's a few animated effects here and there but that's it.  I need some more vampire games that are actual "video games", like what we see in Vampyr, or the old Blood Omen stuff, or perhaps pure 3rd person action/rpg like a Kingdoms of Amalur, etc. 

...whoahhh I didn't think of that until now--- imagine if someone modded Amalur to include vamp/werewolf shenanigans for your character!  I may need to just go all in on the modding scene, since there's so few in the industry that want to produce the kind of supernatural stuff I'm interested in playing.... I could eventually just make the shit myself.

haha yeah that's what I did... I was content to just watch someone play through so I could get the story.  Also from what I've seen... I think it's only 2, *maybe* 3 possible endings for Julia in Shadows of New York.

This reminds me--- one thing I'd like for game devs to focus on in the future is that capacity for multiple endings.... the more the merrier, imo... and I'm wanting some drastically different ending scenarios too...not things like "your character chose to save person A." vs. "your character chose to save person B."  I realize it's more of a challenge to write significantly different routes for a story to take though... but at least give us more things like "You lead them all on with your lies and deception...the double-crossed these people in the end to advance your position in the opposing faction.." or maybe you siding with a villain to help him/her conquer the world... you become their most trusted advisor, or whatever.

Avengers:

Currently, Avengers is on sale on Live for 29.99 if I recall.  The budget on that was most likely serious, so I doubt they can really afford to drop it permanently.  haha Ultimate Alliance 3 continues to be the superior choice... a shame that one is an exclusive; some people are missing out on some greatness there.

1 minute ago, M A R T I A N said:

I am having immeasurable difficulty even finding a scalper willing to sell this thing for $800 or less. 

I hate people so much. 

Look at the bright side. There's only 2 next-gen games out already, so you're not missing much.

Think about all the good stuff you can do while you wait, like playing the Videogame GOAT Breath of the Wild.