Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

Just now, Volt said:

Look at the bright side. There's only 2 next-gen games out already, so you're not missing much.

Think about all the good stuff you can do while you wait, like playing the Videogame GOAT Breath of the Wild.

Speak for yourself. Demon's Souls is everything. To speak otherwise is heresy. 

I've already put countless time into BOTW. Like, probably over 400 hours. It's not a replacement either way. 😔

58 minutes ago, Angel said:

lol imagine breaking your neck trying to find a system that only has some glorified dlc and a remake with 10 year old mechanics in it.

To quote one of the greats.....couldn't be me.

Yeah I mean, imagine making a post as misinformed as this and being proud of it. 

Couldn't be me. 😭

Edit: @rukawa_kaede you can downvote the post all you like, he's flat out wrong. 🤣

Edited by M A R T I A N
19 minutes ago, M A R T I A N said:

Yeah I mean, imagine making a post as misinformed as this and being proud of it. 

Couldn't be me. 😭

Edit: @rukawa_kaede you can downvote the post all you like, he's flat out wrong. 🤣

Oh my bad, I meant "stand alone EXPANSION"

lol anyways since I am so wrong what new mechanics have they added to this demon souls remake?   You have 24 hours to explain with cited sources or you will be permbanned for being a smash sympathizer

Just now, Angel said:

Oh my bad, I meant "stand alone EXPANSION"

lol anyways since I am so wrong what new mechanics have they added to this demon souls remake?   You have 24 hours to explain with cited sources or you will be permbanned for being a smash sympathizer

Demon's Souls has new mechanics added to it, like 8 way rolling. Which was probably the biggest change people wanted.

Spidey ain't an expansion but I understand you'd want to call it that to continue being a pessimistic downer. 

You couldn't do a simple Google search and then go and act like the burden of proof is on me. Not a good look bro. 💁🏾‍♂️

Asks for proof, gets proof, disregards proof as a "boring change" so he can deflect away from being flat out wrong. 

What can ya' do. 💁🏾‍♂️

If you don't care about a change as significant as that I'd argue you were never really that huge of a fan to begin with, which is confusing considering you seemed willing to die on that hill like 2 posts ago. 

People have been buying consoles for 1 single game for... How long now? I'm not sure why we're being brand new about it. 

35 minutes ago, rukawa_kaede said:

No he isn't @MARTIAN, and stop down voting my post just because I downvote yours.

Oh, I must have missed this additional foolishness when you snuck it into that post. 

But yeah, he was 100% flat out wrong. 💁🏾‍♂️

Also, you're gonna cry about downvotes when I woke up the other day to find you neg bombed like 11 of my posts in a discussion that was over 48 hours old? 

I legit struggle to believe some of the accounts that pop up here aren't trolls or bots 🤣

8 minutes ago, Volt said:

Also, lol at taking Demon's Souls remake as anything less than that. There was a gigantic graphical improvement, tf you talking about @Angel ? 

They straight up added content that wasn't even in the old game. Like, I don't know how people can even argue stuff like that. 

It's kind of just as dumb as calling the Resident Evil  2 Remake the exact same game as the original. 🤣

Edited by M A R T I A N
5 minutes ago, M A R T I A N said:

Oh, I must have missed this additional foolishness when you snuck it into that post. 

But yeah, he was 100% flat out wrong. 💁🏾‍♂️

Also, you're gonna cry about downvotes when I woke up the other day to find you neg bombed like 11 of my posts in a discussion that was over 48 hours old? 

I legit struggle to believe some of the accounts that pop up here aren't trolls or bots 🤣

well that's better than down post someone unrelated posts just because you didn't like i down posted yours on an argument you pretty much lost from the start

Edited by rukawa_kaede

sheeeeitttt, it's 2 years later and I still keep getting hooked on Dead Cells... currently checking out one of Doc's vids again where he showcases the "wave of denial".... (*it's one of the best abilities in the game, imo... it counters most projectiles and knocks enemies back and stuns them, does bonus damage if you knock them into a wall, and will be a cheap kill if you blast them off a ledge from a high place)

I was further along in the Switch version (*made it to 4-cell difficulty) than on XB1 (2-cell or "very hard")... on XB, I was finally trying the new DLC areas the past few days...3 times I've fought the "Mama Tick" boss and she's killed me each time so far; not sure how I beat that bitch the first time around on Switch, but that fight is serious.  I'm remembering now just how insanely difficult this game is overall... it's above most other things that were released in the XB1/PS4 era.  Trophy/Achievement percentages is likely a rough estimation, but going by that, I noticed that the achievement for beating the game on Hard (1 cell) difficulty---> only 2.2% of people that have played have that.  I doubt the majority ever even got close to the "final" boss at all....and probably 99.999% of people (which includes me) will never get to fight the true final boss, since that would mean getting to 5-cell difficulty, beating the previous final boss + another stage beyond that and then the true final battle.

The difficulty in this game is almost always reasonable, though... I don't even recall a time where I died to something and thought the game was bullshitting me....it's always "yeahhh that's fair; I shouldn't have done that..."

Edited by MillionX
9 minutes ago, Volt said:

So wtf is the Miles Morales thing anyway?

Also, lol at taking Demon's Souls remake as anything less than that. There was a gigantic graphical improvement, tf you talking about @Angel ? 

We gon act like OoT3D wasn't a real remake too? 👀

Talking about gameplay bro, I mean that's someone means when they bring up mechanics and what not.  Everyone knows it looks prettier.   Adding 8 way rolls isn't something to really care about and was so insignificant that I legit didn't even remember when they said it on the official video.   It's like who gives a fuck other than that it's still a giant step backwards as far as actual gameplay.    But ppl these days don't care about the actual gameplay portion of a game.   Slap on a new character with all of maybe one new ability and stick them in the exact same environment so they can use their shitty arkham knight ripoff  combat and they are content to drop full price game money on that shit.   Then when it becomes cool to say such a thing was a bad idea then they will pull a 180 to try and fit in.   Yawn.   These casuals are barely worth trolling at this point.

Because you are expert at that amirite lil mama? 

Anyways them launch titles are a joke, but sadly still better than whatever non-existence shit is on xbox.  

I am thinking I am going to enjoy the turnbased combat in this Star Renegades very much.   Just the fact that you can examine enemies and plan your strategies accordingly mid fight makes it 1000x better than the garbage ass FF7 remake.      I won't have to restart literally EVERY single boss fight because of equipment issues.

The turn based stuff looks surprisingly fitting for the ridiculous nature of those games. I didn't know the main character was using his imagination to give enemies and party members crazy outfits and weaponry. The dude is a huge RPG fan and see's the whole world like a video game, which is why you see so much fourth wall breaking. 

..... Kind of just convinced myself to just go with this game, nvm. Lmao. 

30 minutes ago, M A R T I A N said:

I need a comfort purchase. 

It's looking like either Yakuza or Cold War. Have any of y'all tried these? I'd really like to try zombies but I'm hearing it's underwhelming so I'm leaning towards Like A Dragon. 

I’d say Like a Dragon but I’m also super biased since I hate FPS games.

Edited by iStu X
30 minutes ago, M A R T I A N said:

I need a comfort purchase. 

It's looking like either Yakuza or Cold War. Have any of y'all tried these? I'd really like to try zombies but I'm hearing it's underwhelming so I'm leaning towards Like A Dragon. 

Aside from out god here, I'm the only peep left on here that plays CoD. Cold War is fun...Zombies this time is much better than their last try BO4. Make your own class and rock it or you can buy weapons of the wall like always. My thing I like personally is there's a 20 short style mode so you have a goal to reach or play classic endless mode. Campaign feels good. I like it. My recommendation is if that's what you care about then wait for the inevitable sale. 

I know for a fact youve put way more then 400 hours into Demons Souls so thats not much a reason XP

I want a 5 to but im not paying more the MSRP. Scalpers can suck my hairy testicles, I'll live without a 5 for a bit. I have over 600 hours in Demons Souls, would be fun to play the remake but I could just go play fucking Demons Souls lol. I already own this game hahaha. 

@rukawa_kaedeYou owe me 15 minutes for wasting my time on this absolute dog shit article you posted https://www.wired.com/story/demons-souls-remake/

That might be some of the dumbest fucking shit ive read all year, and its fucking 2020. 

Edited by RSG3
1 minute ago, RSG3 said:

I know for a fact youve put way more then 400 hours into Demons Souls so thats not much a reason XP

I want a 5 to but im not paying more the MSRP. Scalpers can suck my hairy testicles, I'll live without a 5 for a bit. I have over 600 hours in Demons Souls, would be fun to play the remake but I could just go play fucking Demons Souls lol. I already own this game hahaha. 

but but, EIGHT WAY ROLLING BRO!!!!

Come on man come on, step into the FUTURE!!!

happy 10 guy GIF

7 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I already own this game hahaha. 

I wish this logic worked for me. I really do lol. 

I've got a perfectly working version of Demon's Souls (2009), 60FPS, 4k, and online play restored by the community. AND I'M STILL IN AGONY 😞

It'd be one thing if it was a straight 1 to 1 remaster, but... the level of love put into recreating that world, while also bringing it into the modern age gameplay wise, AND adding new content altogether....

I get that it's not enough for some people, but man... I was gonna be happy if we just got a straight port bumped up to 60FPS. This is so much more. 

I mean, am saying everyone should go out and spend $500+ on a system for this one game? Naw. I'm clearly just an obsessed fan. 

But this happens every console gen. Plenty of people got PS4's JUST to play Bloodborne. Plenty of people got a Switch to play Zelda. 

I know you know all this, I'm just parsing out the reasoning for my madness lol