Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

Holy fuck. I decided to leave the spider alone in the mines and go explore elsewhere. Didn't feel like fighting a boss tonight. So I went back to Boletarian Palace to see what the next area had in store. Turns out it's a fucking dragon burning the shit out of everything. 

I must have died five times trying to get all the loot on the bridges, and then there are two blue eyed knights at the end! Died to them once, too. Finally managed to get across the bridge and kill the knights, and I was gonna go ahead and call it quits and go to be. But I wanted to see what was on the other side of the fog at the end of the bridges real quick.

That's when I encountered The Big Ass Fucking Knight. Motherfucker was HUGE. Goddammit. I wasn't ready for that shit- didn't want to do a boss battle tonight!  What the hell, I'm stuck there now. So I fought him. Holy shit what a battle. Fucking archers shooting me, and this big fucker chasing me with his big ass sword and shooting blue shit all over the fucking place. Fuck, and his fucking giant shield slamming down! I took care of the archers and then it was just me and the knight. 

His feet were the only things I could hit on him with that fucking shield, and I had to use magic because I couldn't get in close without losing half my health. Finally, he fell down and I rushed in and stabbed the fuck out of his head. I used that white shit on my sword to make it more powerful, and I fucking ended his ass! I beat him!

Holy shit, what a fucking game! 💪

3 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Extra

I'm thinking of scooping Immortals for my Wife.  Think she'll really enjoy the game.  I haven't seen what the overall consensus for the game is yet though.

So far people seem to love it. 

Yongyea and Skillup seem to enjoy it a lot. 

The same for other reviewers i saw. 

9 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Imagine risking covid just for the hope of getting a PS5

When I am laughing my ass off doing my shopping at home sipping hot coco and not wearing pants. And we got ass clowns who want to be beta testers for the PS5 and Xbox Sex for the full price of admission. 

Kek

28 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

It seems like the PS5's stream quality is better than PS4.  Been fiddling around it for the 30 minutes or so. SCVI doesn't seem to turn into a soupy mess with the action gets going.

Saw your invite, but it will take me a while to jump online since my stupid ps4 is giving me some random error related to the stupid trophies.

It seems like somehow the data got corrupted, and instead of doing the reasonable thing that any good desgined system/program would do.

This stupid garbage logs me out any time that i try to launch a game.

Like fucking wow, everyone makes jokes about jhow some stuff on the sony os dont make sense, but this shit is pure unadultered retardedness.

And the official "solution" is the most stupid shit i have seen.

Imagine needing to delete your user on your pc/laptop because some random shit that is non important got corrupted.

WOW.

Is fucking insulting.

Gonna try my onw methos since that shit is ou of the question, fuck their stupid non solutions.

I really want that artbook 👴

Dragon's Crown Pro (PS4) $7.99 via PSN. http://ow.ly/o9m130rmz4h

Dragon's Crown: Official Artworks $32.99 via Amazon (Prime Eligible). Clip Coupon. http://ow.ly/FAuL30rmANo

EoLko8IXMAkDf39?format=jpg&name=medium

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

It seems like the PS5's stream quality is better than PS4.  Been fiddling around it for the 30 minutes or so. SCVI doesn't seem to turn into a soupy mess with the action gets going.

Hey, man. Sorry, I couldn't join earlier. So you were testing SCVI on your PS5? How does it run?

Finally got to play Setsuka, her (new) moves look so damn cool 😩 👌. Her story mode was long, and they really fleshed her out, very cool. We didn't have a lot other than "revenge for killing my master" in past games.

Edited by AriesWarlock
6 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Bruh. 

bread and butter. The acronym is as old as time 

never seen it written that way before.  Does it mean something specific for her or just saying learn her shit in general?

Edited by Maxx
8 hours ago, KingTubb said:

Hollow knight is so good. 

@Voltdid you ever get any further?

Nope. AoC is taking up all of my free time.

Egg asspulls and the pause screen map are my only real issues with this game. It's absolutely fantastic. I'll have to replay DW8 to decide whether or not it's still the best Warriors game, AoC is re-freaking-diculous.

Y'all better play that shit or I'mma start flinging chanclas like Starhammer!!!

11 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

Hey, man. Sorry, I couldn't join earlier. So you were testing SCVI on your PS5? How does it run?

There isn't a patch so it's still 1080p. Despite the game being on my USB thumbdrive instead of the SSD, load times are better. I had a SSD in my PS4 Pro. Granted it was hamstrung by the PS4 Pro's I/O and shit CPU. I hope they release a 4K patch but we'll see.

13 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

So far Age of Calamity isn't half bad. 

As far as musou games go, it looks pretty cool. But musou games are not something that I can ever bring myself to pay full price for. Just not my bag. There's enough out that that tickles my pickle more than AoC that I'd like to play before dropping $60 on this

14 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

personally didn't like Hollow Knight.

That's a bummer. What didn't you like? 

13 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Not everyone likes exploratory platformers

you talking bout *looks around nervously*  Metroidvanias? 

Throws smokes bomb and disappears before harmless genre name/qualifier pisses people off like calling something an RPG cause you can level up or a fighting game "anime" cause it has an airdash

See Ya Goodbye GIF by Walter Mercado

Edit: SHIT! I forgot to add "souls-like" for any game that has hard boss fights and waypoints. So, uh, I guess hollow knight is that too

Edited by KingTubb
3 hours ago, M A R T I A N said:

Imagine someone asking if you've played Hollow Knight, only to respond saying you're too busy playing a musou game 

The Gods weep on this day

That reminds me, like 3 days ago I was at the supermarket, paying for my groceries and this guy comes help bag them. I was wearing my Soulcalibur shirt, and he goes "soulcalibur. That's the fighting game, right?" I said yes and asked him if he has played it to which he replies he hasn't but knows of it. I tell him to check out the game if he gets a chance. He says "maybe. Um, I am Smash (Brothers) person". So I guess that's a NO then, i thought to myself!!

Edited by AriesWarlock
22 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

you talking bout *looks around nervously*  Metroidvanias? 

If you say it in a mirror three times @RSG3shows up and punches you in the face.

I personally am not the biggest fan of them but there are some I loved whether it was their undeniable charm (shantae), the aesthetic and tone of the game (Guacamelee) or its gimmick (Mummy DeMastered). But most of them I’ve played I don’t really enjoy. 

Edited by iStu X
8 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

I said yes and asked him if he has played it to which he replies he hasn't but know of it. I tell him to check out the game if he gets a chance. He says "maybe. Um, I am Smash (Brothers) person". So I guess that's a NO then, i thought to myself!!

I had something really similar happen, but with a twist ending. IT comes in to install some new shit on my computer, the guy sees that I have panel layouts for fightsticks saved to my desktop (print them at work, I don't have a printer at home). 

He asks what's that for, I tell him I build arcade controllers, mostly for fighting games, to which he says, "Like street fighter or whatever?"

I ask him if he plays, he says he doesn't play fighting games, but then drops that he does play Blazblue a good bit. 

This coy motherfucker, if you're playing fucking BLAZBLUE, you're a fighting game player lolol

16 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

That's a bummer. What didn't you like? 

I didn't like how the environments all bleed into each other which made it difficult to know where you were. I know that feeling lost is a big part of the game's design and the appeal to a lot of people who like the game but it infuriated me. I hate not knowing where I am in these type of games. Park bunches was the only way I could get a map and there were so few of them. They also served as checkpoints so if I died that meant I lost minutes or hours of my time. I  couldn't fuck with how this game was designed. 

sheeeeitttt, Xbox/MS has the best points system, man... funny thing is that the friends that kept trying to sell me on it some time ago don't half keep up with this shit as much as I do now.  If you don't, you're leaving thousands of points on the table, folks.  There's some December Challenge thing that gives 2000, and a few thousand for buying a certain amount of stuff on the black friday/cyber monday sales (*which is still going on, I think..?)  On top of that there's the 50 points per achievement that you can get daily, on top of the weekly "challenge" things that give about 100 points or so, + 100 points just as a random "weekly treasure" thing.  There's another thing right now I forgot the name of that's giving you 1000 points split up for 2 achievements....then there's always the little ones where the app says "Check out this game.." for 5 points each....and of course you get 5 points per search on bing + more for the various "activity" things.   It adds up pretty fast... I got 5 bucks worth about 2 days ago out of my points, and I'm already back up around 9 or 10k. 

It would be nice if the Nintendo points stacked up as easily as this... over on Nintendo, I've been sitting on a paltry 34 points for quite a while now. 😄  That's literally 34 cents, bruh....you can't even buy some cheap candy from a vending machine with that amount these days.

speaking of the sales; I went ahead with DBZ Kakkarot as my 2nd pick; the deluxe version which comes with season pass.  I'm hoping they go all the way to the end of the "Super" era... the latest thing if I recall in the game at the moment is when Lord Frieza (all hail) is back with his glorious Golden form.

7 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I didn't like how the environments all bleed into each other which made it difficult to know where you were

Yeah, areas can have some pretty subtle differences, especially at the beginning of the game. 

8 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I know that feeling lost is a big part of the game's design

I never feel "lost" per se, but it does the "walk this way till you can't anymore" thing all the time, which I enjoy. You can get lost pretty easily before you find the cartographer, and it's wack that you have to spend a charm point to know where you are on the map. 

11 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Park bunches was the only way I could get a map and there were so few of them. They also served as checkpoints so if I died that meant I lost minutes or hours of my time.

That is frustrating. HK does a pretty good job of keeping benches pretty close to boss fights, but I totally understand. The main reason I don't like Dark Souls is because of this + being able to get bodied pretty easily if you aren't careful by normal enemies. I don't really have any issues with combat outside of boss fights in HK 

I don't know how long you played for, but HK does have a stride to it that takes a couple hours to really figure out. Once you start filling out your map and plotting a course, it's non-stop progression. Getting to that point (and buying all the map marker upgrades) can easily turn into a chore.