Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

47 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Gotta do something different for VGM Fridays. I'm gonna post songs that sampled games

More Money More Cash More Hoes

I've only heard the original of this track and upon listening to it I couldn't think of the source.  Is the sample coming from Golden Axe? 

@iStu XI posted that in the NRS thread. It's nuts that she's 25 on the left and 50 on the right.

@SonichumanKind of hard for me to get hyped about Dragon Age with Bioware's recent history and the guy that was in charged with Dragon Age leaving Bioware along with Casey Hudson. The lead writer for the franchise already left a while back.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
7 hours ago, Maxx said:

Tekken is a weird fucking series after like 5. Like everyone just accepted a fucking world war was started over a family fued and never thought to murk all of them? 

Yeah, the last guy who tried to murk a Mishima was another Mishima and he's dead now. 

Jin not only had an army to propegate that war, but is also a Mishima, AND has cool hair. We never stood a chance. 

Also, Tekken was plenty weird with the first 5 games lmao. 

11 minutes ago, M A R T I A N said:

Yeah, the last guy who tried to murk a Mishima was another Mishima and he's dead now. 

Jin not only had an army to propegate that war, but is also a Mishima, AND has cool hair. We never stood a chance. 

Also, Tekken was plenty weird with the first 5 games lmao. 

I just mean the world War part lol. Def other weird stuff... Like we just gonna Let a midget dinosaur fight? I can accept the bear and the panda seems nice. But is no one gonna ask where the dinosaur came from? 

2 hours ago, RSG3 said:

I mean...what is anyone gonna to the Mashima Zaibatsu?

Lolol. I mean the tournament is full of elite assassins, ninjas and soldiers. Fuck the Mishima have hire half the tournament at some point to kill the other Mishimas.

I think blade was involved in trying to kill heihachi or maybe he was an observer I forget the Canon on him. 

Edited by Maxx
3 minutes ago, M A R T I A N said:

Gon was actually a guest character as he came from a manga 

Gonagain.jpg.840ed7a7d126f698ae9c7c35e2619f1a.jpg

I miss Tekken 3 😞

OH I know. I play tekken religiously. He was the first fighting game guest character I think.  He's also who I point to when modern fgc complains about guest characters and cry about gettin murked by akuma. It's really not the guest characters are an issue it's that they are always wayyyyy better than the rest of the roster and break the meta. Geese and akuma were broken more or less on release. 

Edited by Maxx

well, I guarantee no one else has this "problem", because that's just my luck... and it will get worse for sure because I'm not annoyed enough yet.... now when I turn on the xbox 1, the "power down" sound immediately happens after the power on sound...yet it stays on....but the audio cuts off entirely....no sounds from anything.  It eventually works but only when I restart after this happens.  I haven't seen even 1 search result so far that was the same thing... only scenarios where it actually powers down immediately after turning the thing on.  This is always the case for me... problems that *only* happen to stuff I buy... no one else.  I've become accustomed to it by now that this is simply my curse to deal with.

man, the Cyberpunk hype has only increased for me since it's only a few days away...but this poses an interesting quandary here... I'd like to play the game right away, of course....but at the same time, I'd rather play it on one of the new-gen consoles.....BUT of course just the act of getting either one at the moment is a problem in itself. (ms reward points are also giving 6k points just for buying it, by the way, so that's another little thing to consider)

...then on top of this, that Fenyx Immortals game is out now, and I've had my eye on that one for a while now...would be nice to have it right now, but I'm betting it will be on a holiday sale around Christmas time.  Funny thing there--- I had no idea you had the option of making the main character a dude until watching someone stream it a little while ago.  The way the game has been marketed you'd think it was just a gender-locked female main character there.  (*of course with women being such a "sacred cow" in modern society, you can't even begin to question anything about a certain bandwagon that has become increasingly obvious over the past couple of years....you'd just be shouted down with all kinds of personal attacks, of course....one of the many reasons most people aren't even worth the time and effort of arguing with, imo.)

Sheeeittt, World of Darkness needs to drop more info on that Vampire battle royale game, man... I have more faith in that coming out soon as opposed to Bloodlines 2, sadly.  ...and that will be in 3rd person and apparently have lots of customization, so oddly enough it's coming off as slightly more appealing to me for now.

man, this "haunted visions" amulet in Diablo 3 is a real bitch to find... the drop rate on that thing must be terribly low.  Then again, D3 has spoiled us rotten with legendary gear constantly dropping like candy from a giant pinata.  I'm about paragon level 80 at the moment; completed all 4 main season challenges so I have the full set from that... and still no amulet.

(**Basically, this amulet is critical to builds using the "simulacrum" skill, since it makes your "sims" last forever....without it, this new build I'm trying is SO gimped.)

https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Haunted_Visions

Edited by MillionX

Weird hill to die on for Splatoon players given Nintendo is pretty much the biggest thing keeping that in the public eye at least in NA from what I see.

I am not up on the TikToks so maybe there is a young player scene I am unaware of but the only thing I hear about Splatoon as a esports is usually from Nintendo itself pushing it. Players revolting on that won't really hurt Nintendo but a slight stain until they drop their next big announcement like a new game or the next Smash DLC character.

I love that Smashers think hashtags are gonna change the mind of or hurt Nintendo: a multi billion dollar company. 🤣

Really goes to show the disconnect a lot of young people have with reality. Smashers fit right in on Twitter because it's the only place they can shout into the void and feel like they're making some kind of difference, since it can be such a huge echo chamber. 

I hope Nintendo keeps it up and continues sending their events to the shadow realm. These dudes are being passive agressive, whiny, entitled cunts and Nintendo seems more than willing to match that energy. 😂

I consider myself a pretty damn patient and inclusive dude, and even I just wanna see this community burn itself to the ground and go away forever at this point. 

1 minute ago, M A R T I A N said:

I consider myself a pretty damn patient and inclusive dude, and even I just wanna see this community burn itself to the ground and go away forever at this point. 

I'm for that as far as the Smash community goes currently. They need to do a lot better (and I would be willing to give the scene an ample opportunity if they changed a few things), but in it's current iteration it's awful.

12 minutes ago, M A R T I A N said:

I love that Smashers think hashtags are gonna change the mind of or hurt Nintendo: a multi billion dollar company. 🤣

Really goes to show the disconnect a lot of young people have with reality. Smashers fit right in on Twitter because it's the only place they can shout into the void and feel like they're making some kind of difference, since it can be such a huge echo chamber. 

They do that because it works. Have you heard recently that Twitch dropped the blind playthough tag because it wasn't "inclusive language"? You know why they did it? Twitter kids

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-12-06-twitch-removes-blind-playthrough-tag-following-criticism-from-gamers-with-disabilities 

Unpopular opinion probably, but canceling a stream because teams have #FreeMelee in their names just seems petty. Are they even violating a code of conduct or whatever? 

And the "blind play through" ban is fucking ridiculous. Do they not understand that means it's a play through without any prior knowledge of the game? I don't think anyone with half a brain would see that as being offensive to blind people. Do blind people even watch Twitch?

Edited by Chadouken
10 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

And the "blind play through" ban is fucking ridiculous. Do they not understand that means it's a play through without any prior knowledge of the game? I don't think anyone with half a brain would see that as being offensive to blind people. Do blind people even watch Twitch?

No more blind dates. Blind spots? Gone! Going in blind? wtf bro.

Dead zones needs to be gone too as it's offensive to the dead!

35 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Unpopular opinion probably, but canceling a stream because teams have #FreeMelee in their names just seems petty. Are they even violating a code of conduct or whatever? 

The comments in that article are pretty encouraging actually. Lot of pushback against what is basically a symbolic move that doesn't really do much to help anything. One guy (who Is visually impaired himself) pointed out that the word "twitch" could be offensive too 😂 

I mean, at that point, why not ban video games altogether because it's a sight based medium and that's "non inclusive" lol

Edited by DoctaMario
1 hour ago, BornWinner said:

Didn’t see this talked about here but Twitch has banned using the term ‘Blind Play through’ this week because it’s offensive.

Someone’s already been banned for using it.

........................Dude what the fuck?

43 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Do they not understand that means it's a play through without any prior knowledge of the game?

Do you think Twitch actually cares, or do you think that virtue signaling is more important to them then the logic, meaning, and context of words?

2 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Ya know the tekken 7 retcon is hilarious. It basically blames every thing that happened to the Mishimas in a woman. And thus showing how Asian men view women. 

Thank you for coming to my Ted talk 

Honestly , even after the stuff they revealed with Kazumi, most of the dumb shit happening in Tekken is still due to Mishima pettiness. 

Heihachi literally shot his grandson in the head and awakened his Devil gene, after already throwing his son down a mountainside and causing Kazuya to pretty much become an evil dictator in the process. Jin in turn has to start a war with the entire world so he can ATTEMPT to rid the world of the devil gene and still fails. 

Then Kazumi herself asking Akuma to start random beef with all the Mishimas... 

Jinpachi rising from the ashes just to threaten the whole world with utter destruction... 

Kazumi is hardly the reason for this lineage of petty. 🤣

1 minute ago, M A R T I A N said:

Honestly , even after the stuff they revealed with Kazumi, most of the dumb shit happening in Tekken is still due to Mishima pettiness. 

Heihachi literally shot his grandson in the head and awakened his Devil gene, after already throwing his son down a mountainside and causing Kazuya to pretty much become an evil dictator in the process. Jin in turn has to start a war with the entire world so he can ATTEMPT to rid the world of the devil gene and still fails. 

Then Kazumi herself asking Akuma to start random beef with all the Mishimas... 

Jinpachi rising from the ashes just to threaten the whole world with utter destruction... 

Kazumi is hardly the reason for this lineage of petty. 🤣

They retconned it to literally start with her. Heihachi was minding his own buisness, boinking his wife/student. But then demon butterfly bitch had a vision he was gonna be a tyrant and basically predicted he was gonna start ww3. She tried to kill him. He murks her and this retcon causes him to realize Kazuya is prob a demon bitch boy. He also saw early on through kazuyas rage. So he yeeted his kid 50/50 shot... Maybe human but he wasn't gonna risk it. 

Had she not tried to kill him, he wouldn't have known about demons. She was a self fulfilling prophecy