Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

6 minutes ago, Maxx said:

I literally only heard it from Latin born people lmfao. I don't think this is the white agenda people wanna think it is. 

It started with white liberals over there and "latinos" that have never been on latin america or interacted with latin american cultures but are "proud to be latinos" due identity politics.

Those fucktards use it as a way to describe race, which it isnt.

Is a cultural thing.

Full list of the Capcom Arcade Stadium games 

Pack 1: Dawn of the Arcade (1984 - 1988)

Vulgus

Commando

Pirate Ship Higemaru

Tatakai no Banka 

Legendary Wings 

Bionic Commando

Section Z

Forgotten Worlds

Ghouls ‘n Ghosts

Pack 2: Arcade Revolution (1989 - 1992)

Strider

Dynasty Wars

Final Fight

1941: Counter Attack

Senjo no Okami II 

Mega Twins

Carrier Air Wing

Street Fighter II: The World Warrior

Captain Commando

Varth: Operation Thunderstorm 

Pack 3: Arcade Evolution (1992 - 2001)

Warriors of Fate

Street Fighter II’: Hyper Fighting 

Super Street Fighter II Turbo

Powered Gera: Strategic Variant Armor Equipment 

Cyberbots: Fullmetal Madness

19XX: The War Against Destiny 

Battle Circuit 

Giga Wing

1944: The Loop Master 

Progear

its a solid list but I really wish they hadn’t of used 3 slots on street fighter. Would have loved some darkstalkers representation. 

Edited by iStu X
32 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

It started with white liberals over there and "latinos" that have never been on latin america or interacted with latin american cultures but are "proud to be latinos" due identity politics.

Those fucktards use it as a way to describe race, which it isnt.

Is a cultural thing.

Over there? As in America? 

11 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Full list of the Capcom Arcade Stadium games 

Pack 1: Dawn of the Arcade (1984 - 1988)

Vulgus

Commando

Pirate Ship Higemaru

Tatakai no Banka 

Legendary Wings 

Bionic Commando

Section Z

Forgotten Worlds

Ghouls ‘n Ghosts

Pack 2: Arcade Revolution (1989 - 1992)

Strider

Dynasty Wars

Final Fight

1941: Counter Attack

Senjo no Okami II 

Mega Twins

Carrier Air Wing

Street Fighter II: The World Warrior

Captain Commando

Varth: Operation Thunderstorm 

Pack 3: Arcade Evolution (1992 - 2001)

Warriors of Fate

Street Fighter II’: Hyper Fighting 

Super Street Fighter II Turbo

Powered Gera: Strategic Variant Armor Equipment 

Cyberbots: Fullmetal Madness

19XX: The War Against Destiny 

Battle Circuit 

Giga Wing

1944: The Loop Master 

Progea

its a solid list but I really wish they hadn’t of wasted 3 slots on street fighter. 

I'll be scooping Pack 3. First real home port of ProGear. 

1 hour ago, rukawa_kaede said:

MK11 is fighting game of the year :coffee:

These awards are utter shit as usual. 

Uh? I would pick that as best game of the year from the choices. The second closest I would say maybe granblue but that game hasnt really grown that much out of its anime fighter genre. I'm legit surprised that unist was even nominated. Street Fighter has dived bombed head first as a game. It's pretty clear they wanna move into the next game but the pandemic has fucked their plans royally 

Edited by Maxx
1 hour ago, rukawa_kaede said:

MK11 is fighting game of the year :coffee:

These awards are utter shit as usual. 

I agree having MK 11 win with just a expansion is bad, although I view the awards as like a end of the year spot for announcements and game reveals. Hell they don't even give some of the awards enough time and read them off in bunches. 

Although the year has been rough for everyone there were new fighting games they could have chosen.

35 minutes ago, Wellman said:

I agree having MK 11 win with just a expansion is bad, although I view the awards as like a end of the year spot for announcements and game reveals. Hell they don't even give some of the awards enough time and read them off in bunches. 

Although the year has been rough for everyone there were new fighting games they could have chosen.

Based on the nominess who should have won. Sf got nominated for the same expansion. Unist is 8 fucking years old lol. Every game here is basically an expansion except granblue. 

Edited by Maxx
4 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

And this is an american award show where the american game is played by americans. 

Independence Day Summer GIF

But for real, we all know what MK is, I'd bet dollars to donuts, a lot of the people voting had no clue what GB or UNI are 

Way more casuals play it too. Anime weeb fighters are niche and they don't play sf like that

10 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

it didn't have a release in 2020, UNI has Latest[CLR]UNCLETOUCHER or whatever came out this year

It had patches and new characters. It should follow the same line of thinking as the others. Uni isn't a new game, it's a expansion like everything else on the list.

Tekken wasn't nominated last year either. 

Edited by Maxx
35 minutes ago, Maxx said:

It had patches and new characters. It should follow the same line of thinking as the others. Uni isn't a new game, it's a expansion like everything else on the list.

Tekken wasn't nominated last year either. 

The distinction comes that Tekken has only had one release.

MK11 and UNCLR had revisions released as separate games besides the dlcs for old games

40 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

The distinction comes that Tekken has only had one release.

MK11 and UNCLR had revisions released as separate games besides the dlcs for old games

That seems so semantical. MK I get because they do sell it multiple versions.. Which honestly should be another discussion altogether. 

But unist is a free update to the previous version. It's a patch that's pretending it's a completely new game

4 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

That patch got a new release and that made it elidable for a nomination. That's how it works. 

So are season patches just gonna allow games to get nominated multiple times now? As long as they sell it as a "separate" game

Edited by Maxx
19 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Yes. But Game Awards makes no sense anyhow. By all accounts, Among Us shouldn’t have been nominated at all since it was released in 2018 and there have been nothing changed about it until yesterday.

They need to restructure it. A breakout award would allow old games to be nominated. Among us blew up because of covid. 

I'm also wondering if they are going the patch route because without sf, unist and mk.. Granblue and power rangers are the only new games

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

That seems so semantical. MK I get because they do sell it multiple versions.. Which honestly should be another discussion altogether. 

But unist is a free update to the previous version. It's a patch that's pretending it's a completely new game

Nigga.

Read.

UNI and MK11 got new versions out as separate games, besides being also patches/upgrades for the old games.

Is not semantic at all.

Like how SFV has SFV Arcade as a "new" game you can buy.

1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

Nigga.

Read.

UNI and MK11 got new versions out as separate games, besides being also patches/upgrades for the old games.

Is not semantic at all.

Like how SFV has SFV Arcade as a "new" game you can buy.

Did you read? I understand what your trying to say. Unist update is a patch.. It's not a new game. They just sold it separately as a new game. You even using sfv as an example is the exact same thing. Just because they resell and package didn't make the unist update a new game. I own the damn thing lol. 

22 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Did you read? I understand what your trying to say. Unist update is a patch.. It's not a new game. They just sold it separately as a new game. You even using sfv as an example is the exact same thing. Just because they resell and package didn't make the unist update a new game. I own the damn thing lol. 

Yeah, and i sort of agree.

But the point was that was the criteria that distinguished them for being elegible and why Tekken 7 isnt.

Tekken has not been rereleased at all in a package with all/part of the content on it.

They are more than just a patch since the new season/patch is accompanied with a revision like in the old days

8 hours ago, iStu X said:

The new amiibo are up for preorder

So speaking of quoting myself so I could continue to talk about amiibo; 

At the end of  every “Sakurai presents”  he always shows off the newest smash amiibo and a rough release date window or exact release date. 

With Terry, Banjo and Byleth getting their release dates announced yesterday I wonder if he’ll announce Min-Min and Minecraft Steve’s amiibo release dates. Maybe even Sephiroths as well. 

it’s a bitter sweet thing for me, amiibo is in ver much the twilight years. I feel when all of the  Season Pass 2 amiibo come out they’re finally going to end the run. I hope we get more miscellaneous amiibo like the cat costume Mario and Peach as well as 3 monster Hunter ones between all them though. I want as many as I can. 

I just know it’ll be over much sooner than later. Which is fine. But I’ll be really sad. It’s been such a weird side hobby for me but it’s been really cool collecting all these little figures of video game characters who some of which have helped me in so many aspects of my life for decades.

Edited by iStu X