Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

3 hours ago, MillionX said:

I'm hoping there's another chance to customize at some point... surely there must be...

Unfortunatly, currently there is not. The character you leave the creator with is the one you are stuck with. 

Looming at The Witcher 3, I can see this changing down the road. A lot of QOL and asks got answered in Witcher 3 for free so I see that happening down the road. 

3 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Unfortunatly, currently there is not. The character you leave the creator with is the one you are stuck with. 

Looming at The Witcher 3, I can see this changing down the road. A lot of QOL and asks got answered in Witcher 3 for free so I see that happening down the road. 

that is such a strange thing then... just about every other game with customization in the past several years...the last few console gens, actually.....usually there's a way to change your character's looks again later.  

ohhhh... maybe I could make my character look like Prince next... or Humpty Hump.... 🤔

Edited by MillionX
3 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Terrible news for racing fans. EA brought Code masters for $1.2 billion 

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/14/ea-to-buy-racing-game-developer-codemasters-for-1point2-billion.html

Man, EA pulled a 0 hour Kaiba “fuck the rule I have money”. Poor Take Two (though let’s face it they’re the lesser of the two evils) 

reminds me when I was still at GameStop before think geek owned them. The very day HotTopic was supposed to announce their acquisition of Think Geek, GameStop swooped in and bought it right out from under them. 

vids

Spoiler

Extra

Vergil is also now out for curr...last gen consoles and PC.  I'd love to put up the trailer but I can't embed the official ones in here because Youtube is ASS.

Edit:

Here's the link to the trailer for Vergil DLC until I can find a youtube channel that puts it up that will by pass the bs

Edit 2:

Edited by Sonichuman

So I’m about 20 hours into Octopath traveler. It honestly feels longer but not in a bad way. I just got my last traveler, Primrose, the Dancer a few hours ago. 

uh, she’s kind of a not good character so far. Lol. But I’ve been leveling her all the same. She only uses daggers and shadow magic which is kind of a bummer. It’s also agitating that they have her a counter attack ability when her attack power is such ass. It makes me hope as the hame progresses I get character specific weapons that align with their class (I’m not talking about Ult. weapons.) 

Lastly, her dances, which are buffs are single target only. So dedicating a turn for a buff when the other healers/magic attackers/debuffers can target every ally or every enemy makes her not that great in my eyes. 

Right now I’m running Therion (Thief), Alfyn (Apothecary), Ophelia (Oracle) and the aforementioned Primrose. I’ve been location jumping trying to complete all the Chapter One quests before I move onto the Chapter 2 main quests. I’m also grinding up the lesser level characters. All the other stand by characters, Oleric, Cyrus, Tressa and H’aanti are all in their mid to upper-20’s. Therion, my starting character is 28. 

I’d like to get all my characters to roughly 28-low 30’s before I move onto chapter 2 but despite there being a location that’s good for grinding I don’t know if I have the patience. The enemy that gives you a huge amount of XP is called “Cait” which is a cat dressed up as a thief from Golden Axe. It’s basically this games version of a Metal Slime from Dragon Quest. 

we’ll see though. I’m still loving the game too. It’s giving me a lot of SaGa and Dawn of Mana vibes in presentation and storytelling but very early FF in terms of combat and character functions. 

it’s really great. 

Edited by iStu X
5 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Terrible news for racing fans. EA brought Code masters for $1.2 billion 

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/14/ea-to-buy-racing-game-developer-codemasters-for-1point2-billion.html

It is true what some say. 

Corporations only know how to buy. 

Once the get to a certain point, they stop/slow down doing new stuff and just start buying everything to bolster the bottom line. 

For those of you that managed to get a PS5 through a retail store... Got any advice? There's supposed to be a big restock of systems at Best Buy tommorow and I'm not really sure what I can do to increase my chances. Probably just gonna get up at 7AM (They're supposed to go up 8AM CT) and hit refresh on the mobile app AND website. 

@Chadoukenhow did you come about yours? 

1 hour ago, M A R T I A N said:

@Chadoukenhow did you come about yours? 

I got mine from Amazon when they did the preorders. Buddy of mine sent me a link and I jumped on it.

Been playing Destiny on PS5 and it's like a completely different game. 4K/HDR/60 FPS is absolutely amazing. And it has a FoV slider! I've always felt a little claustrophobic playing Destiny because the field of view is too close up. Not anymore!

16 hours ago, Maxx said:

This is why major labels are loss leaders for corporate consolidations. Rather than figure out a way to monetize this, they go straight for the lawyers. Fucking dumb. Makes me want to go back to pirating music sometimes when I hear all the dumb bullshit they're up to because they don't sell cds anymore. 

20 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

This is why major labels are loss leaders for corporate consolidations. Rather than figure out a way to monetize this, they go straight for the lawyers. Fucking dumb. Makes me want to go back to pirating music sometimes when I hear all the dumb bullshit they're up to because they don't sell cds anymore. 

I don't have any words for this.  Streaming a game without the audio and/or music?  I can understand mainstream music to a certain extent but for real?  What if that game's audio/music is an integral part of the experience which can bw the case for like more than 50% of the games out there.  That's pretty ridiculous.

16 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I don't have any words for this.  Streaming a game without the audio and/or music?  I can understand mainstream music to a certain extent but for real?  What if that game's audio/music is an integral part of the experience which can bw the case for like more than 50% of the games out there.  That's pretty ridiculous.

Twitch probably doesn't want smoke from any game that uses licensed music. 

8 minutes ago, rukawa_kaede said:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-12-15-the-cyberpunk-2077-refund-situation-is-a-mess-of-mixed-messages

LOL 

This is so bad I doubt CDPR is going to fix the game with yet another update. This will need a whole new revision but for PS5

I don't think they can fix it for the previous generation of platforms. It seems despite the success on consoles of Witcher 3 the vision which they had for this game is too ambitious for base PS4 and Xbox One devices.

Sucks but probably why they mentioned everyone getting the free upgrade to the next gen consoles when they have it done.

37 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

The crazy thing is, they'd probably make as much if not more money by getting Twitch to pay a licensing fee for that similar to how ASCAP and BMI get bars and restaurants to pay for radio/jukebox/etc plays. 

But again, it's the music industry and it's still run by a bunch of dumbass boomers

2 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Remindes me of this

https://happymag.tv/dragonforce-guitarist-twitch-ban/

https://www.dexerto.com/entertainment/dragonforce-guitarist-herman-li-banned-from-twitch-1440500/

All because he playd his own music, lol.

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Twitch probably doesn't want smoke from any game that uses licensed music. 

I get that I'm talking about stuff that could include like scary games where the audio aspect is just as important as the gameplay or games that have audio cues for certain things.  When they say 'turn off your game audio' thats super broad.

19 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I get that I'm talking about stuff that could include like scary games where the audio aspect is just as important as the gameplay or games that have audio cues for certain things.  When they say 'turn off your game audio' thats super broad.

The real answer is that Twitch is lazy as fuck and it's easier to Ban people or tell them to mute their audio then work on a solution that benefits everyone, including themselves. 

I fucking hate Twitch and look forward to the day someone better cones along to replace that dog shit ugly as fuck lazy as shiy platform.

Streamers deserve better then Twitch. 

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

The real answer is that Twitch is lazy as fuck and it's easier to Ban people or tell them to mute their audio then work on a solution that benefits everyone, including themselves. 

I fucking hate Twitch and look forward to the day someone better cones along to replace that dog shit ugly as fuck lazy as shiy platform.

Streamers deserve better then Twitch. 

There was Mixer but no one went there. YouTube ain't any better. Facebook watch? 

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

All the streaming services for streamers is pretty fucking crap to be perfectly honest. 

I would risk it with YouTube personally, but you know that's a bear trap all its own as well. 

I tried streaming from YT once and I ended up with a lot less viewers than I did when I would stream from Twitch. It sucks that Twitch has basically cornered the market on game-related streaming like it has, because I agree with you, streamers deserve better.