Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

52 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Yeah man, I will. Might be a while though, but I'm not going anywhere. I'll keep an eye out for sales on them. I could probably get the discs pretty cheap at this point used.

Yea DS1 and 3 should be pretty cheap at this point. Let me know man!

I kinda needed to decompress from Octopath Traveler so I decided to boot up FFXII Zodiac Age. 

I don’t think I’d be able to play this again without the fast forward feature cause this game is sloooooow as fuuuuuuck. So it’s much welcomed feature. 

I haven’t messed with the dual boards much despite being about 20 or so hours in. I read it’s better to invest in them before getting the licenses for your Mists/Quickenings. Which, I uh, didn’t do. Thankfully in this version of Zodiac Age you can reset your boards. So I’ll probably do that. 

Also, playing this game for the first time in a long time it’s great to really notice how mad everyone was at the Squeenix higher up’s for making the FFXII team add Vaan. They aren’t even subtle about it either.

Every main character, even Penelo treats him like absolute shit and is super passive aggressive towards him. Pretty much every time Vaan tries to talk to Ashe she tells him to stfu. Every time Vaan asks Balthier something Balthier reminds him he’s the actual leading man of the story. Penelo constantly calls him stupid and unreliable. Basch straight up asks him why he’s even with the group. 

it’s kinda fucking great and consistently makes me laugh. 

Edited by iStu X

Little Nightmares (aka "Nightmare Fuel: The Game!" 😄)  is a "free" game on xbox Live now... this is better than I thought, actually...one of the most wonderfully disturbing games I've ever played so far.  I remember this is also on Switch.  I'm enjoying this a lot so far.  It's interesting how there's not really any hand-holding sort of thing I've noticed so far... occasionally a prompt may come up on the screen for simple stuff...but it's probably after the average person has figured out what to do already.

There's one fairly shocking thing I noticed in in one of the rooms close to the beginning... of course that's probably a spoiler but DAMN, man... if you've played this you probably know what I'm getting at... I didn't notice it at first thing just looked up and noticed what was hanging there....

The Wire Reaction GIF

meanwhile in Diablo--- so I beat the "finish nephalem rift on Torment XIII under 4 minutes"....so now I only have 1 more challenge left to complete the "Guardian" rank, and that will be everything for this season done...

ha, I actually started a hardcore character, because I actually have more faith in eventually completing the "level 3 legendary gems to 65 in Hardcore mode" than every doing the "Sprinter" conquest...and the "Boss Mode" one frustrates the hell out of me, since a great deal of that is dependent on luck (*unless you theoretically memories every possible map configuration that might appear...maybe it's possible; I am not sure off hand just how many variations there is of certain areas.... I may just look that up then... it might not be so bad if there's only say... less than 10 variants of the area leading to Adria, for example.)

Edited by MillionX

This situation with Sense is amusing to me because by from what I'm looking at this game had some serious buggy issues and by all accounts its pretty meh.  They could have not said shit about this game and it would have faded into the ether but instead they drew attention to it and got the game salea that it wouldn't have in the first place.  Good job twitter mob! 

11 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

All this over some drawn tits

I glad they showed the receipts. I didn't need them to believe them. I already gave them my money to support them and judging by the responses to the tweets so did a lot of others. This puritanical jackasses just put a lot more money in Top Hat's pocket and I love it. 👍🏾

I"m reading through some of these posts and I haven't even made it a 4th of the way through the first one.  I had to look up Autogynephilia cause I didn't even know what Autogynephile meant and what in the absolute?!  We're just saying shit and throwing it at this game to see what sticks aren't we?  Going back into this painfest.

Edit: Oh god this shit is excruciating to read.  There are 5 posts of this garbage?  Fuck me man.  I really don't want to give these people money cause the game is super meh but reading this shit is making me want to buy it on principle.

Edit 2: so the 4 posts after the 1st one are just recut excerpts from 1st one.  I don't doubt that they probably got enough to actually fill 5 pages though.  Good lord there's a lot of ignorance.

Edited by Sonichuman
4 hours ago, BornWinner said:

All this over some drawn tits

I'm not a guy who feels a game NEEDS big bewbs on a character. I also am not even interested in this game BUT I highly respect any artist who wishes to stick to their original artistic vision of anything. Never sacrifice your artistic integrity regardless of what other's values are. If anyone doesn't like the game/art/design, It's your choice as a person to simply not buy it. Not hard to do. I will never be in favor of censorship even if I don't like the art/design/game/whatever of something. 

Edited by TheInfernoman

I’m being weirdly stubborn about choosing the second job boards for my characters. I don’t want two characters serving the same function. I know in this version of Zodiac Age if I don’t like how the classes meld I can always reset and do over but it’s just frustrating. 

so far I have 

Vaan Thief/Red Mage

Balthier Machinist/???

Fran Archer/Black Mage 

Basch Knight/FoeBreaker (FoeBreaker is a tank class that uses debuffs on enemies to deal more damage) 

Ashe: Bishi/??? (bishi is ninja. You get access to some of the best equipment in the game as well) 

Penelo: White Mage/Time Mage. 

the other choices are

Monk (Bare knuckle or battle staves, learns some upper level white magic) 

Uhlan (Spear user/Can learn very limited black magic) 

Was doing some blog work and came across the Bomberman Hero soundtrack. Maaaaaan, I forgot how hard that whole sucker slaps. Yeah, redial is a banger, but foehn, zip, cell, dessert? These all came from an N64 game in 1998! Drum n bass, fusion, techno; I wouldn't be surprised if this game influenced some people's taste in music as a kids.

3 hours ago, iStu X said:

I’m being weirdly stubborn about choosing the second job boards for my characters. I don’t want two characters serving the same function. I know in this version of Zodiac Age if I don’t like how the classes meld I can always reset and do over but it’s just frustrating. 

so far I have 

Vaan Thief/Red Mage

Balthier Machinist/???

Fran Archer/Black Mage 

Basch Knight/FoeBreaker (FoeBreaker is a tank class that uses debuffs on enemies to deal more damage) 

Ashe: Bishi/??? (bishi is ninja. You get access to some of the best equipment in the game as well) 

Penelo: White Mage/Time Mage. 

the other choices are

Monk (Bare knuckle or battle staves, learns some upper level white magic) 

Uhlan (Spear user/Can learn very limited black magic) 

iirc, and I'm not sure if it applies to XIIZ but, I think Fran should be your Samurai DPS (I assume it would be Knight here?) because she has a higher combo and crit chance. If you bother with the hunts Gilgamesh has some amazing gear for her but you have to steal/mug in multiple battles against him to get it all.

Diablo 3 Adventures...

BOSS MODE Conquest---I can't believe it...I actually DID that shit!  I haven't been this hype over accomplishing a certain thing in a game in quite some time... that feeling of finally beating a challenge that previously seemed hopeless... words can't describe that shit, man...  in fact, I was indeed about to give up at the end.  The whole run went basically 98% perfect....UNTIL Act V's bosses of course... I ran into a dead end trying to find Adria... then it took quite a while finding Urzael (so looking back, I was doing better on time than I thought)... and towards the end looking for Malthael... it's easy to find him but I kept running out of discipline/hatred to keep using my fast-movement abilities (alternating between Strafe/Drifting Shadow and Vault)...and then Malthael actually killed me at first; fortunately they start you right back at the portal to where he is... at that point I was sure it had run past the 20 minute time limit....and I was just finishing it to see how far I got within the time.....but lo and behold that challenge completion graphic "Boss Mode Complete!" popped up...  FINALLY, after numerous attempts, it's done!

super saiyan soccer GIF

That wraps up the whole season, actually...this was the final challenge left.  I've never gone that deep on a Diablo season before.  

edit--it would be interesting if it showed the final time result... with the bad luck and screw-ups adding up at the end, surely I was right on the edge there, just barely making it in time.

edit 2-- according to the leaderboards, I'm 1 of 21 people that completed this particular challenge today..

Edited by MillionX
13 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I"m reading through some of these posts and I haven't even made it a 4th of the way through the first one.  I had to look up Autogynephilia cause I didn't even know what Autogynephile meant and what in the absolute?!  We're just saying shit and throwing it at this game to see what sticks aren't we?  Going back into this painfest.

Edit: Oh god this shit is excruciating to read.  There are 5 posts of this garbage?  Fuck me man.  I really don't want to give these people money cause the game is super meh but reading this shit is making me want to buy it on principle.

Edit 2: so the 4 posts after the 1st one are just recut excerpts from 1st one.  I don't doubt that they probably got enough to actually fill 5 pages though.  Good lord there's a lot of ignorance.

Twitter is like a whole different world, man. I legit don't understand a lot of the people on there and why they act like the youngest old church ladies ever. 

Twitter is fine but has it’s problems like any other form of social media. Forums like this included. 

I use Twitter a lot and never come across dumb shit. I also only use it to follow my favorite comic book artists and writers along with certain video game companies, video game sales dedicated twitters and certain video game news sites. 

I don’t see any use for it beyond that. The only thing even remotely political I follow is a friend from back home. He’s a military history reporter who writes genuinely interesting pieces. 

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

Twitter is like a whole different world, man. I legit don't understand a lot of the people on there and why they act like the youngest old church ladies ever. 

Because it's a bunch of kids who figured out they can get people to listen to them by virtue signaling, coupled with the fact that there's pretty much no repercussions for saying dumb shit. 

Twitter is quite the cocktail of... A lot of things. 

1 hour ago, iStu X said:

Twitter is fine but has it’s problems like any other form of social media. Forums like this included. 

I use Twitter a lot and never come across dumb shit. I also only use it to follow my favorite comic book artists and writers along with certain video game companies, video game sales dedicated twitters and certain video game news sites. 

I don’t see any use for it beyond that. The only thing even remotely political I follow is a friend from back home. He’s a military history reporter who writes genuinely interesting pieces. 

Twitter used to be awesome back before it blew up because Trump was using it a lot, and t here were always dummies, but it seems like there are even more people on some absolute BUUUUUUUULLLLLLSHIIIIIIIIITTT these days. Like people who say things that make you wonder if it's a bot or a sock puppet because you can't believe anyone actually believes that. Some of the replied Top Hat got are good examples of how brain damaged a good portion of the userbase is.

I think it's all in who you follow though. My artist twitter is always fun, but FGC twitter is bad, imagine a bunch of daboogs all in the same place.

Edited by DoctaMario
3 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

You laugh but that's what it's like for some of us

I’ll still stand by saying SFIV simultaneously revived and killed the fgc in one fell swoop. It opened the flood gates for people who don’t understand the community or the history of the community and don’t want to learn about them. 

It’s the reason Twitter’s like scrubquotes exist 

Edited by iStu X
8 hours ago, Abbachio said:

iirc, and I'm not sure if it applies to XIIZ but, I think Fran should be your Samurai DPS (I assume it would be Knight here?) because she has a higher combo and crit chance. If you bother with the hunts Gilgamesh has some amazing gear for her but you have to steal/mug in multiple battles against him to get it all.

Everywhere I’ve read is to make her a FoeBreaker Archer cause she really isn’t great in any class but her best position is a mid-range debuffer. 

Combo attack wise I’ve read everywhere in ZA is that Vaan, Balthier and Basch are the best combo guys so you want them as a DPS character. Thankfully Vaan doesn’t really have a bad stat so you can have him as whatever you want. I might change him to Thief/Time Mage but I wanna branch out into the red mage license board before I just reset for reasons. 

the reset license board option is a curse and blessing lol

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, iStu X said:

Everywhere I’ve read is to make her a FoeBreaker Archer cause she really isn’t great in any class but her best position is a mid-range debuffer. 

Combo attack wise I’ve read everywhere in ZA is that Vaan, Balthier and Basch are the best combo guys so you want them as a DPS character. Thankfully Vaan doesn’t really have a bad stat so you can have him as whatever you want. I might change him to Thief/Time Mage but I wanna branch out into the red mage license board before I just reset for reasons. 

the reset license board option is a curse and blessing lol

Fran is unfortunatly the worst character in the game. Everyone does every job better then her and her stat growth is meh. 

Still mains my party. 

More Diablo challenge stuff... I checked for vids on the "Sprinter" conquest (beat the whole campaign in less than 1 hour), since it seems to be even more hellish than the "boss mode" one... check out Rhykker's vid on that... he had a group on this:

People say you can do this solo... I've only tried it the one time and didn't even get close.... I'll need to look up some vids on this being done solo; it's one of those gaming feats where I'm like "nah I need to see video proof that this is even possible." 🤣  Even with a coordinated group you'll just barely make it in time, and that's with some luck on your side (*the randomized areas being an issue)

edit--yep, this is one... I figured it would be Monk, the character that is basically DC's Flash in the game...

*ok yeah... the way Monk can move here... holy shit man.. this character in a dash/punch build turns it into a fairly easy thing.

Edited by MillionX
10 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Twitter used to be awesome back before it blew up because Trump was using it a lot, and t here were always dummies, but it seems like there are even more people on some absolute BUUUUUUUULLLLLLSHIIIIIIIIITTT these days. Like people who say things that make you wonder if it's a bot or a sock puppet because you can't believe anyone actually believes that. Some of the replied Top Hat got are good examples of how brain damaged a good portion of the userbase is.

I think it's all in who you follow though. My artist twitter is always fun, but FGC twitter is bad, imagine a bunch of daboogs all in the same place.

Twitter was always garbo, is just that it became worse when tumblr closed, since most of the turdbrains moved to twatter.

And twatter loves to cuddle their butthurt feelings.