Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

So...it is confirmed that Lady D.'s fine ass and her daughters are in fact vampires?  I was sold on the game anyway, but of course that's even more of a bonus right there to me.  There is a cool ability showed off repeatedly by one of the "daughters" where they can disperse into a swarm of....something; it just looked like locusts or some other insect swarm to me (maybe bats? I'll check again in the highest resolution I can get)

Predator and T800 are REALLY tempting me to play Fortnite....too bad it's Fortnite though... I was always just interested in the main game which has been called "Save the World" for the past few years.....aka the game mode that only 0.2% of that fanbase cares about or even knows exist. That's some frustrating shit, folks...when 1 mode of a game becomes the most popular thing ever (in all of gaming history at this point)....and you're left as one of the only people in the world that likes the other part of it.  The folks at Epic themselves....even they probably don't give a shit about "Save the World", I bet.  If there is ever a sequel to that game...you can count on StW mode being left out. 😞 

Edited by MillionX

Microsoft Raises Price Of Xbox Live Gold By $1 A Month

So, what does this mean for you?

• If you’re an existing online 12-month or 6-month Xbox Live Gold member, there’s no price change. If you choose to renew your membership, it will renew at the current price.
  • The price of a 1-month Gold membership is increasing $1 USD and the price of a 3-month membership is increasing $5 USD or the equivalent amount in your local market.
  • If you’d like to upgrade your Gold membership to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate your remaining Gold time will also convert directly to Ultimate (up to 36 months). For example, if you have 11 months of Xbox Live Gold now, and you upgrade to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, those 11 months convert to 11 months of Ultimate at no additional cost.

“Periodically, we assess the value and pricing of our services to reflect changes in regional marketplaces and to continue to invest in the Xbox community; we’ll be making price adjustments for Xbox Live Gold in select markets,” Microsoft wrote in today’s announcement. “In many markets, the price of Xbox Live Gold has not changed for years and in some markets, it hasn’t changed for over 10 years.”

Going forward, new pricing will be 1-month for $10.99, 3-months for $29.99, and 6-months for $59.99, or your local market equivalent. You can always visit your account to manage your membership, and prices won’t adjust until at least 45 days after you receive the messages.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/01/22/update-on-xbox-live-gold-pricing/

Edited by AriesWarlock

So I finally got bit by the "I wanna PS5" bug. 

I was going to wait for more games to show up, but all the performance upgrades to PS4 games, the dope ass new controller, and a bunch of other stuff really has me wanting one. 

I partied up with a homie last night, he was on PS5 and chat audio was clear and stable. He switched to his PS4 to play a game he hasn't download on his PS5 yet, and the chat got way muddier, started dropping in and out, and background noise became way more obvious.

VGM Friday contribution:

Rumor: Resident Evil 4 remake overhauled as Capcom Development Division 1 takes over

M-Two's role reportedly significantly reduced.

The Resident Evil 4 remake first rumored to be in production at M-Two back in April 2020 is now being led by Capcom’s Consumer Games Development Division 1, according to a VGC report citing people with knowledge of the project.

The remake has reportedly been in development since 2018 at M-Two, which partly contributed to the development of the Resident Evil 3 remake, but now it is said that following a key project review in late 2020, Capcom decided that its internal Consumer Games Development Division 1 would take over as lead developer on the project, significantly reducing M-Two’s role.

According to the report, the change is believed to be a result of M-Two’s desire to faithfully reproduce the format of the original Resident Evil 4, while Capcom’s production team prefers a direction where it is inspired by the original game, but introduces its own unique take on features, story elements, and environments in a similar way that the Resident Evil 2 remake reimagined Mr. X.

VGC’s sources claim that the Resident Evil 4 remake would be partially rebooted under its new lead developer, which could delay its release as far back as 2023. The remakes of Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3 were said to have experienced similar overhauls.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/resident-evil-4-remake-overhauled/

This reminds me; I still haven't finished my latest playthru on the XB1 remake, since there's so much going on in gaming at the moment... I'm in the last area of the game, and of course my pure-sorcery character is a god at this point.  

The "Universalist" (jack of all trades) build is good and more fun than in other games... but the pure-builds tend to be the true god-level stuff in this game.  Pure sorcery will annihilate most enemies before they even get much of a chance to fight you...and pure Might makes you into a nearly invincible tank.  I don't remember pure Finesse as much but I'm fairly sure that was ridiculous too once you maxed that path out...you get huge critical damage, poison-status attacks, invisibility with the smoke bomb (which leads perfectly into easy sneak-attack damage bonus, which is huge), etc.

The Switch continues to be the GOAT, folks.  On this one system, I have most of my favorite games of all time...

Diablo 3, Bayonetta 1 & 2, Vampyr, Borderlands 2/Pre-Sequel, Dead Cells, Age of Calamity, Skyrim, Hades, Dragonball Fighter Z, Streets of Rage 4, Saint's Row 4, Marvel UA 3, Devil May Cry 3, Cuphead, Mario Maker 2, the list goes on....and all of it is now PORTABLE... I can play them anywhere.  That one luxury was and still is such a huge selling point for me.  ...and those titles are just what comes to mind for me right away.

...my old buddy from college was telling me just yesterday he finally got Vampyr; I'm definitely looking forward to hearing of his vampiric adventures.

2 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

the change is believed to be a result of M-Two’s desire to faithfully reproduce the format of the original Resident Evil 4, while Capcom’s production team prefers a direction where it is inspired by the original game, but introduces its own unique take on features, story elements, and environments in a similar way that the Resident Evil 2 remake reimagined Mr. X.

Good. RE4 is exactly what it should be and doesn't need a 1-to-1 remake, that's a waste of time. Them changing it up to make it more in line with REmake 2+3 is the right move.