Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

6 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Damn Microsoft pulled a 180 quick on it's Xbox live pricing. That was the ultimate blow up. I saw hard core Xbox fans saying "Fuck it, I'm going to get a PS5." Must of been a A LOT of people for them to change course in less than a day.

I don't want to sound like @DarkSakulhere, but it was only a matter of time before Microsoft pulled yet another boneheaded move like doubling the cost of XBox Live.

Edited by YourFavGrandpa
blah
15 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Damn Microsoft pulled a 180 quick on it's Xbox live pricing. That was the ultimate blow up. I saw hard core Xbox fans saying "Fuck it, I'm going to get a PS5." Must of been a A LOT of people for them to change course in less than a day.

They should've known that shit wasn't gonna fly. The other two consoles are already doing better, don't GIVE them more help 

3 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Doesn't SNK need to get permission from Capcom to re-release SNK VS Capcom NGPC? Not sure how licensing works fully, but if it works how I think it does, SNK & Capcom may be on speaking terms again 🤔

While this version of the game is fully SNK developed you are correct. But it is not a big deal for companies to do crossovers these days anyway so it isn't probably that hard to get the permission. 

Hell Capcom lends out it's stable of characters to mobile games all the time.

22 minutes ago, Wellman said:

While this version of the game is fully SNK developed you are correct. But it is not a big deal for companies to do crossovers these days anyway so it isn't probably that hard to get the permission. 

Hell Capcom lends out it's stable of characters to mobile games all the time.

Basically what I'm getting at is that both companies are atleast on speaking terms, cuz Capcom burnt them on the last deal. Maybe we get CVS2 online at some point later 👀

I miss those days when you could just walk into a random store like Target, Best Buy etc. and buy your system with absolutely no problem.  Those were good times.  I'm not sure this situation with PS5/XB4 will end anytime soon, really...like it may be the Fall or Winter 2021 before a person can do that. (*ha, yeah it's annoying that I had to think for a second to realize what # XB is on to write it that way...and now.... perhaps that's a reason they stay away from a traditional numbering system on the name..?  They are 1 number behind Sony's machine?  That could be part of the logic there.. 🤔)

One of the great, early "privileged" moments I remember of this "working adult" phase of life was that day I just casually decided "...yep, I'm going over there to pick up my 360.  It's time." and I proceeded to do exactly that on a random Sunday afternoon...got back and started playing Saint's Row and Geometry Wars that same night.  I had a cheaper apartment at the time, but was getting tons of overtime so I had all this surplus of money to do whatever.  But yeah, I wish it were still that simple... I would've picked up PS5 day 1.  Now we're in this era where you just can't get the damn thing at all.  Everywhere I've been already has signs posted clearly saying they DON'T have it in store, and to check their website.  This wait is getting to be quite annoying to say the least.

MS should just use a simple word for their console like Nintendo (except Wii)

With all the different variations in the last two machines, I don't know what is what.

The number thing is like you said. People would think it's inferior despite being the same generation hardware 

3 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Basically what I'm getting at is that both companies are atleast on speaking terms, cuz Capcom burnt them on the last deal. Maybe we get CVS2 online at some point later 👀

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2021/jan/12/capcom-vs-snk3-cancelled-bankruptcy/

in case you didn't read it

it all depends if Capcom wants to do it or not

the reason we haven't gotten an Online version of CVS2 is because Capcom doesn't want to.

Edited by rukawa_kaede

I immediately like what I see with that game "30XX"...that's as good as bought.  I have also been looking forward to Curse of the Dead Gods ever since I first saw footage of it.

...annoying as hell that Best Buy doesn't open until so damn late in the morning... I was out there at 10-something today, then noticed on Sundays their time doesn't start until 11.  C'MON, bruh...they could've had some money from me today since I was in a spendin' mood but nope.  I dropped by Target instead to browse for various things (*and check out some fine white ass as usual; Target is always a prime location for that.)  I didn't see any game-related stuff I wanted to get... well they did have the Bioshock Collection on Switch, but it's probably better to get that from Walmart anyway...and I couldn't remember at the moment if that was one of those physical carts that still requires a download, which is something irks the hell out of me.  Anyway, it's been quite a long time since I played any of the Bioshock games, but those games were true masterpieces, imo.

Just now, YourFavGrandpa said:

Damn, I probably need to check Best Buy again tomorrow. 

Every now and then they get restock of some limited run stuff. I always swing by and take a look like once a month at least. Easy since it's same parking lot as my job. 

I saw Transistor last month. 

7 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I don't know why they still crow about shipments like all those copies shipped have actually been sold. They used to do that crap in the music industry too to make it sound like an album had sold a ton of copies from the outset when in reality they were just sitting in record store stockrooms.