Stage Select

The E3 Thread!: Hype, surprises, empty promises and disappointment galore!

Pending

(I'm working on this as I get info. Also,  If @misterBeewant's to condense this down in any way he's more than welcome to) 

Scheduled Streams for E3

Saturday June 12th: E3 Kick-off, Ubisoft Forward and Gearbox Entertainment Presents 

E3 Kick Off Begins at 10am PDT/1PM EST. 

Ubisoft Forward will begin at 12pm PDT/3pm EST. It will feature coverage of several games including but not limited to For Honor, Watch Dogs Legion and The Crew 2. The big game Ubisoft will focus on is their new Tom Clancy game. Coverage for the Tom Clancy title begins at 1pm PDT/4pm EST

Gearbox has yet to reveal any information outside of their presentation will stream on the 12th. 

Sunday June 13th: Microsoft-Bethesda Showcase, Squarenix Presents, Warner Brother Games

Microsoft-Bethesda will have their presentation first. It will begin airing at 10am PTD/1pm EST. 

Squarenix Presents will air their presentation at 12:15 PDT/3:15pm. Their presentation will include but are not limited to a brand new game from Eidos Montreal, an update on Platinum Games Babylon's Fall, and the newest Marvel Avengers campaign DLCL War for Wakanda. 

Warner brothers has yet to release their times for their presentation or what it will cover. 

Monday June 14th: Capcom and Take-Two Interactive

E3 Coverage for Monday starts at 8 amPDT/11am EST

Time of Capcom and Take-Two's streams have not been revealed yet but Capcom has mentioned their show is going to focus on Ace Attorney, Resident  Evil and Monster Hunter. 

Tuesday June 15th: Nintendo Direct/Nintendo Treehouse and, Bandai Namco

Nintendo as always will air a direct at E3 and a two hour Treehouse Presentation directly after. The direct will be roughly 40 minutes of new and upcoming Switch titles, which Nitendo has claimed that "most of the titles shown during the direct will be available by the end of 2021" 

Bandai Namco also has a stream planned at some point in the day but no schedule has been given yet. 

RUMORS: 

* More Zelda anniversary reveals will happen at E3 or there will be an anniversary centric direct shortly after Skyward Sword HD launches. Just don't expect breath of the wild 2

* A new Dragon's Dogma is apparently in development at Capcom

* Team Ninja and Squarenix are going to reveal a "Souls/Nioh" like Final Fantasy Action Game called "Final Fantasy Origins". Not much is known except developers involved and that it will somehow directly tie into the original Final Fantasy

* A huge I doubt it but I've read on several forums that NetherRealm studio's big new fighting game they're working on is Avengers vs. X-Men. 

* Nintendo Switch's next step (Also See: Switch Pro) will be revealed at E3 with a holiday release. 

Edited by iStu X
  • iStu X changed the title to The Prelude to E3!: SonicHuman hands The Shield to Stuart
3 hours ago, DarkSakul said:

I want to protests, Sonic Human should not give the shield to Stewart. 😜
Sonic Human was entrusted that shield by Steve Rodgers for him to become the next Capt Video Games.

Na, I am kidding. I think Stu would do a good job. 👍

I need see how Stewart handles getting spit in the face while raiding another person's place of business on foreign soil before I make my decision on if he is capable.

As long as Stuart doesn't do something incredibly brash in front of ALL THE CAMERAS then I think he's fine.  Unfortunately I have a lil gremlin to contend with so I'm still being held back at the moment.  Stuart did a wonderful job and I actually did approach him to do it this year.  If he declined I was going to attempt to do it this year.    I'm still going to be doing my normal stuff and I will be supporting this thread like I always do!

Edited by Sonichuman
7 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Just want Bayonetta 3 news...ganepkay preferably. 

I'm keeping my expectations lowered even if I think there's a good chance we might get something at some point this year since we're now past 3 years from the initial announcement.  I know plans have been getting wrecked by covid and what not so if we actually get an update this year then awesome.  I'm hoping we don't go a full 4 years without anything but personally the only games I really want to see the most right now from Ninty that are more feasible to happen this year is more NMH3 stuff and an update on BotW2.  If we get Bayo 3 stuff this year then that's just delicious icing for me.

Speaking of stuff to look forward to...What are you guys interested in seeing potentially this year?

Stuff for me personally I can think of off the top of my head other than the 2 I mentioned earlier are God of War Ragnarok, Horizon ZD 2, Gotham Knights, Splatoon 3, Final Fantasy XVI.    Also kind of curious to see how Halo 5 is progressing after their last unveiling but can't say there's anything I'm looking forward to seeing on M$'s end...Gears 5 just came out so probably won't see another game for that for the next couple of years.

11 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Speaking of stuff to look forward to...What are you guys interested in seeing potentially this year?

I have a few things I'm interested in seeing. I'll list them by console.

PS5:
Final Fantasy XVI -  I want, er need to see gameplay of this one. Also a PC launch simultaneously with the PS5 version would be nice, but probably not happening.

Horizon: Forbidden West - same as FFXVI here.

Nintendo Switch:
Gotta have that Breath of the Wild 2 update. Otherwise you'll have the same situation that's ongoing with Bayonetta 3's development.
No More Heroes 3 - I want to see more of this game, since it has a September release date? I also have the first two games incoming via LRG.
I want to see more shmups localized for the west, as well.
Earthbound on the SNES app - It's bound to happen at some point, why not 2021? And that sets the stage for ...

Mother 3. Yes, I know it has been memed on for fucking ever, but with more games from Nintendo's Japanese library being localized (Famicom Detective Club et al); it's fucking time.

17 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

I need to see how well the match up is against Wakandans before I accept. 

That is a high bar. His metal shop skills should also play a role in any decisions.

But jokes aside. I really hope even with the digital format all big names come out swinging and show the second half has some legit bangers in the pipe.

May even be down for Switch upgrade depending on the price and how substantial the performance boost. Although if all they have is just a fix for the Joycon drift plus a good D pad it is a must buy.

E3 has been slowly updating the list of participating companies. Here’s everyone so far: 

Activision

Amazon Game Studios

Bad Button Studio

Bandai Namco

Bethesda 

Capcom

Click Entertainment 

DvG

Deep Silver

Epic Games

Funcom

GAMELOFT

GFUEL

GTR Simulator 

GungHo Online (Subsidiary of Square)

Hori 

Hyperkin

Kalypso Media 

Kontrol Freek (So edgy)

Limited Run Games

LGA Enterprises 

NCSOFT

nDreams

NEXT LEVEL RACING

Nintendo 

NVIDIA

PureArts

Oculus 
RDS Industries

Rebellion 

SEGA

Square Enix

Take-Two Interactive

Tastemasters

TECHNISPORT

THQ Nordic

Ubisoft

UCC Distribution

UnnamedVR by Paracosma 

Warner Brothers 

Xbox

Xseed

Xsolla

2 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

I see Devolver Digital is left out like always, are they going to have their protest Show across the street like they always do? 

E3 is still 2 months out. They may get added. Who knows? If Devolver does do something though I hope it’s as whacky and gruesome as fucking possible. 

40 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Konami won't be at E3 this year but says they're are working on a number of key projects

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/04/konami-to-skip-e3-2021-in-deep-development-on-a-number-of-key-projects

Finally we're gonna be getting Ninety Nine Nights III with 1 Billion troops

Such hope... But Konami is too damn cheap. Only way to get that many troops is if they are low poly shapes that are PS1/N64 throw backs.

But now that I think it that does sound like it could be a fun game but Contra Rogue Corps still haunts me.

1 minute ago, Chadouken said:

Biggest thing I'm hoping for is Metroid. 

Like, fucking PLEASE?

If we get anything Metroid related this year I'd put more money on potential 2.5 game showing up out of nowhere being deved by Mercury Steam than seeing much of anything on Prime 4.  Only reason I'm considering this possibility is because Mercury Steam has been really quiet for the past 4 years and releasing a smaller game to hold people over until Prime 4 seems like something Ninty might do.  I have no rumors or anything to go with it either.

23 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

If we get anything Metroid related this year I'd put more money on potential 2.5 game showing up out of nowhere being deved by Mercury Steam than seeing much of anything on Prime 4.

I'd be content with that.  And a remaster release of MP1-3 on Switch. It would at least show us that they haven't forgotten about Samus.

1 hour ago, Chadouken said:

I'd be content with that.  And a remaster release of MP1-3 on Switch. It would at least show us that they haven't forgotten about Samus.

Oh yeah...had completely forgotten about the Metroid Prime Trilogy remaster rumor that had been floating about for the past 2 years.  That's also a possibility.  Less so now since apparently one of the former devs said doing it on Switch would be difficult.

https://www.thegamer.com/metroid-prime-designer-switch-trilogy-port-herculean-effort/

Personally don't think it's as big an effort as he thinks it is but I do understand the limitations of doing with the joy cons which is the same problem that some other people have been posing regarding Skyward Sword and it's controls and how they will work.  With Wii one of the things that made the Wii Remote work as well as it did in most situations is because of the IR sensor bar which constantly recalibrated the Wii mote.  Without that recalibrating is going to need to be done manually unless Ninty came up with a diff solution which I doubt.  I'm personally find with manually recalibrating on the fly but I can see how it's going to be an issue for something like a boss where you're spending more than 5 minutes fighting the thing and then you're trying to do pin point shot on certain areas and Samus is pointing to the left while you're pointing to the right in the heat of the moment.  They could easily just re institute traditional controls as an option for MP 1 and MP2 but 3 is going to be a bit more difficult.

2 hours ago, Chadouken said:

Biggest thing I'm hoping for is Metroid. 

Like, fucking PLEASE?

This and Bayonetta 3 are my bingo card spots. 

Ill honestly be ok if we see nothing on them tho. Im actually hoping all the silence and lack of news for Bayo 3 means they are restructuring the format of the game completely. I would like to see something with world and mission design more akin to Ninja Gaiden Black and less chapter/level style like Bayo 1/2 or DMC. 

sheeeitttt, sadly I've given up hope on seeing my honey Bayonetta getting a 3rd game anytime soon.  I actually have more hope of being able to play VtM Bloodlines 2 (another thing that seems like a lost cause 😞 ) before Bayo 3 becomes a reality, and at this point that's pitiful.

...it would truly make my day if there was a big reveal of Bayo 3 *and* Bloodlines 2; new trailers with gameplay footage and an official release date.......mannnnnnnn, I'd have to lay down for awhile after that level of hype.

I’ve been reading some of r/game leaks and trying to find twitters known for leaking. It seems like a lot of cool things could be announced this year. Obviously take all these with a dump truck of salt

Sonic Collection (1, 2, 3, S&K)  (with potentially more games, more collections or remakes announced like the heavily rumored Sonic Colors remake) 

Legacy of Goku collection + a new entry 

Final Fantasy spin-off that is said to be very similar to Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Mario Kart 9 (this is the biggest one I’m unsure of. The leaker who has a pretty good track record says that the newest entry has been in development since about 2018 and Nintendo has a lot of their top development teams working on it) 

Edited by iStu X
6 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I’ve been reading some of r/game leaks and trying to find twitters known for leaking. It seems like a lot of cool things could be announced this year. 

Sonic Collection (1, 2, 3, S&K)  (with potentially more games, more collections or remakes announced like the heavily rumored Sonic Colors remake) 

Legacy of Goku collection + a new entry 

Final Fantasy spin-off that is said to be very similar to Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Mario Kart 9 (this is the biggest one I’m unsure of. The leaker who has a pretty good track record says that the newest entry has been in development since about 2018 and Nintendo has a lot of their top development teams working on it) 

I've seen rumors on the Sonic Collection and the Final Fantasy Spin off.  Haven't seen anything on Legacy of Goku collection or MK9 yet....Legacy of Goku collection is weird to me and it's probably because I haven't really played them.  Are they that good to be worthy of being rereleased?

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

Legacy of Goku collection is weird to me and it's probably because I haven't really played them.  Are they that good to be worthy of being rereleased

They were fun top down action RPG’s. Added a lot of really fun b-side stories to the general DB and DBZ story lines. I don’t remember them a whole lot though. That said, I’ve never heard anything bad about them. 

i wouldn’t be surprised though. DBZ is arguably the biggest it’s ever been now. Why not bring them back? There’s a whole generation of DB fans who likely don’t even know they exist. 

oh, I also forgot to mention that Jeff Grubb and several others have said don’t be surprised if several Zelda compilations are announced at E3 or shortly after Skyward Sword launches. According to Jeff grubb he said “I’ve heard from various sources that at three collections are being made. Two of them will be comprised of console Zelda’s and one will be comprised of the handheld titles.”

Nintendo plans on going ham for Zelda’s anniversary but they’re spacing it out to show off how important the franchise has been to Nintendo and LoZ fans over its 35 years of existence 

But who really knows? We got less than a month until E3. 

Edited by iStu X
7 hours ago, iStu X said:

They were fun top down action RPG’s. Added a lot of really fun b-side stories to the general DB and DBZ story lines. I don’t remember them a whole lot though. That said, I’ve never heard anything bad about them. 

i wouldn’t be surprised though. DBZ is arguably the biggest it’s ever been now. Why not bring them back? There’s a whole generation of DB fans who likely don’t even know they exist. 

I only find it weird in the grand scheme of DBZ games that have been released.  I haven't really heard anything bad about them either though but I haven't really heard them stand out either.  I might be slightly sour on it because of the rumors of the Tenkaichi collection happening after the Budokai rereleases and we never got them.