Stage Select

The E3 Thread!: Hype, surprises, empty promises and disappointment galore!

3 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I finish watching the rest of the direct. I had to go back to work after the Dread reveal. The new Metriod made the direct for me.  

Seeing Fatal Frame being saved from Wii U is a pleasant surprise. I didn't think Nintendo would recuse it. They still need to port XCX for the Wii U to snap out of existence 

I'm finding out now that this Fatal Frame is actually also being ported to M$ and Sony systems.  Kinda curious as to the state of the franchise now.

1 minute ago, Sonichuman said:

I'm finding out now that this Fatal Frame is actually also being ported to M$ and Sony systems.  Kinda curious as to the state of the franchise now.

it partially belonged to Nintendo for a hot minute right? They probably just sold the full rights back to Koei. 

Just now, iStu X said:

it partially belonged to Nintendo for a hot minute right? They probably just sold the full rights back to Koei. 

From how I understood it Nintendo and Koei kind of jointly owned the IP for a since the Wii.  This will be the first time the franchise will be on other platforms since then.

More metroid dread coming up!

Looks like instead of the spiderball they gave samus the ability climb up on specific blue surfaces by kinda of electro magnetism?  Dunno if the spiderball will still be on or not though. 

Aeion abilities confirmed coming back.  The phantom cloak ability that was shown earlier is one of them.  Aeion abilities look to be more required to proceed.  Need the phantom cloak to pass through door that only detects samus when she isn't cloaked.

Actually thinking about it....I haven't seen Samus morph ball I don't think through any of this gameplay...it seems the slide is kind of replacing it.  I'll have to watch the launch trailer again to be sure.

There is an Emmi that can go into tight spaces that they're showing now but Samus is using the cloak to avoid it.  The game does warn you that if you touch the Emmi while cloaked then that's still your cheeks.  Oh wow this Emmi can also climb walls so forget that lol.  Looks like you can use the map to monitor where the Emmi is and the Emmi is constantly making noise.   YO...THIS ASSHOLE...She tried to jump away to get on wall above it and the Emmi fucking jumped up and  snagged her leg.  lol.

And this is the end Treehouse!  

Edit:  There is actually a section in the announcement trailer that has the morph ball @ 1:27

Edited by Sonichuman
3 hours ago, misterBee said:

I'm not missing your point.

When Crysis was developed there wasn't any console that could run it.  Games that push hardware boundaries exist and have been developed on PC first.  Microsoft Flight Simulator pushes many PCs to their limits and is only getting a Series X release later this year.  I also wouldn't be surprised if the Series X release is somehow gimped compared to the PC version.

During the 3D accelerator wars games were created specifically for hardware that only a small subset of people had, and at a time when standards were changing constantly.   They didn't wait to develop Quake II because they were hoping it would run on a Playstation.  Physx cards are another example.  Basically nobody bought standalone Physx cards, and even when the tech got rolled into Geforce cards it was still a high-end feature for a while -- and yet games still made use of it.  Myst pushed people to buy CD-ROM drives.  They didn't wait for everyone to own a CD-ROM drive before starting development.

There have been multiple instances of technology that only a few people have being used to push forward software as a whole.  The industry does NOT always wait for the latest console to get something before pushing things forward.  PC hardware absolutely does get taken advantage of, and software that demands high-spec parts DOES exist.

Most next-gen games will be pretty similar to what already exists, just with better graphics and load times.  When cross-gen games get phased out there will be some outliers like Ratchet, but overall you're not going to see a sudden wave of innovation -- things will largely be the same.

Also - why are we talking about cross-gen again?  The whole point of this convo was that you said you disliked Microsoft's approach and I wanted to know why. Microsoft's approach is just GamePass.  GamePass doesn't have anything to do with hardware.  Cross-gen is a thing that exists but will soon go away as soon as more console sales happen, and isn't unique to MS.

Cross gen came up because I brought it up in a prior post because it's not different than that what MS is doing. I said I liked neither and  you responded to it. They both result in releasing software hamstrung by prior generation specs. PC games that truly push the hardware are few in far between. Most PC devs want to make sure their games will run on consoles. Which why the minimum specs for PC games typically jump after a new console generation begins. Crysis is great example because while the first one pushed the envelope. The sequel did not. Crysis 2 didn't have the philosophy of it's predecessor. Crytek wanted to the game to run on consoles. It was held back by that desire. I remember PC gamers being agitated by it. 

I've been a console and PC gamer since the early 90s. There wasn't the overlap then that there is now. Games coming out on console and pc simultaneously wasn't a thing. They were their own ecosystems. Games were built for PC or built for console. You'd have some usually sketchy ports between the two. Hell, there was a divide in the PC market. You had the whole Glide and OpenGL situation. With Glide being a thing because of 3Dfx's dominant Voodoo line of video cards. PC developers didn't care if the game could run on consoles. And console games rarely got PC ports and when they did they were often awful. It's why it was thing when you'd get a PC port on consoles that wasn't trash. Games aren't built that way now. With few exceptions, games are built to run on both platforms which means they maximize neither of them.

I know my mindset is out of date but it is what it is. I like games that built tailored to their hardware. This happens with increasing infrequency and in my view gaming is lesser for it. But then again I like V8s and rear wheel drive, I've lived long enough to be that old dude that yells at clouds. 👴🏾

Edited by Darc_Requiem
12 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

If it doesn't it isn't SHIN Migami Tensei. 

True, easy mode on a SMT games are usually still ball busters due to all the demon types, the elements or the branching paths etc. One of my favorites is getting wiped out while trying to recruit a particular demon and then suddenly bam there it is but with another enemy I had no idea had physical reflection and my at the time physical team got wiped out.

But this is the first SMT under Sega ownership, I am sure they are going to tone it down a little so they can pull Persona folk into the main games.

30 minutes ago, Wellman said:

But this is the first SMT under Sega ownership, I am sure they are going to tone it down a little so they can pull Persona folk into the main games.

I mean maybe, but i really doubt it. Sega leaves Atlus alone for strarts, and the one franchise they refuse to compromise on is Shin Megami Tensei. Its their baby. 

3 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I missed it..-_-...getting a strong feeling that I'm only going to be able to get the special edition and the amiibo via online.

I’m trying man. Try this link for amiibo

fuck. Got too slowed again by bots 

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/nintendo-switch/toys-to-life/products/metroid-dread-amiibo-2-pack/11149362.html?utm_source=rakutenls&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_content=Nintendeal&utm_campaign=10&utm_kxconfid=tebx5rmj3&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=QBbugsmEMa0-s1AeQpvuWzUrdeChmdXRFQ

Edited by iStu X

So...no mention or anything of a New Nintendo Switch or Pro or whatever througout the entirety of E3.  So I'm pretty much ignoring ALL rumors pertaining to this myth...this figment of people's imagination that they want to will into existence...this wild goose chase moving forward.  I don't want to hear ANYTHING ELSE from anyone other than Nintendo on this thing.  The fact that even the people who usually have good sources got wrapped up in this made me actually think their was a legit chance but nope!  Those sources better hope this wasn't a trap to plug up leaks.