Stage Select

The E3 Thread!: Hype, surprises, empty promises and disappointment galore!

18 minutes ago, Wellman said:

I sort of love how Nintendo had to be very specific about what their Directs will be about in the announcements to avoid folk from building their own hype trains and running then off reality cliffs.

And even then sometimes it still doesn't mitigate it.  I can't remember which direct it was where they said very specifically what they were going to talk about and I think it was the Smash people who went ape shit that they didn't have anything in the direct.

29 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Samurai Showdown still just looks way more visually appealing than the new KOF at this point despite being last gen. Maybe it's the artstyle, I'm definitely gettin KOF 15 but it'd be nice if it was prettier to look at 

It is such a marked improvement over 14, though.

KOF14 made VF1 look lush with polygons.

KOF14 made 3D look flat.

KOF14 made line art look like a dot C'mon crash.

39 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Getting everything all at once lol.  Then on top of everything we got the summer games stuff so I'm excited!   E3 is back to some semblance of normalcy after the understandable disjointed disappointment of last year.  Looking forward to everything.

im kinda sad that this year the only announcements I care about are from Nintendo and  what other titles that are also to the switch. I’m all in on Nintendo this year. It’s been my main console since release and probably will be until the end of its console life. 

xbox is Xbox. So no one cares. They haven’t released a true exclusive In years and most the content they show will be on other systems anyways. So I have no reason to care.

And with Sony, getting a PS5 is so hard to get right now I have no reason to care about what they’re announcing. I get there will be a few (a lot?) of dual generational releases that will give you free ps5 upgrades, but eh Idc. They need to go the Xbox route and start opening their previous generations of games. 

Edited by iStu X
Just now, Chadouken said:

Have you ever played Rocket League? 👀

I bought Rocket League when it was on sale and STILL havent touched it yet. Still need to do that but from what I've seen of that game in comparison to strikers, Mario Strikers gets so ridiculous at times that you'll be rolling down the field with the ball and suddenly explosions and shells are happening and you don't even know what the hell is happening for a few seconds.

1 minute ago, Chadouken said:

Rocket League.  You know, soccer with rocket powered battle cars!

It's only the greatest game ever made.

I know what it is. I refuse to touch it.
It's only the greatest game ever made? 🤣

Na. Greatest game I would never play more like it. 

2 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Except for SMB3, that's No. 1

Okay that is better 

3 hours ago, DarkSakul said:

I know what it is. I refuse to touch it.
It's only the greatest game ever made? 🤣

Na. Greatest game I would never play more like it. 

What's the point of this? Why did this post need to be made? Like what's the point of shitting on a game people here clearly like for no real reason? Just so random I'm wondering what the point of it was. Aren't you the guy who last week was yelling at Stu for talking shit about game for seemingly no reason?

Edit: I'm convinced Ed Boon puts Shaolin Monks on the polls to fuck with me personally. 

Edited by RSG3
17 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Aren't you the guy who last week was yelling at Stu for talking shit about game for seemingly no reason?

He was being a mega diaper baby about me posting a meme he had posted earlier. 

he’s still in time out until he can learn to behave. 

Edited by iStu X
4 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Tails is not going to playable...he's been reduced to saving Sonic if he falls off the stage

Well if he spends the next 3D Sonic game acting as a surrogate camera and only visible in a cut scene we will know he has fallen as low as a Koopa.

30 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Do people actually want to play as Tails?

I dunno, guess I'm terrible but I only ever want to play as Sonic. I'm fine with his friends being cut scene and AI companions. 

I always turn Tails off when I play Sonic 2 and 3. 

Yes.  Tails is part of the original 3 so he's high up on the polls.  I don't know exactly what his gameplay would have contributed to Colors but it would have been nice if they put him in as an extra and put some effort into the levels to make it fun to play him.

1 hour ago, iStu X said:

I love how SonicHuman is still going by the old $RK tradition: post all the new game trailers thread in the E3 thread so we can seamlessly turn the current E3 thread into the new VGD thread. 

I liked that tradition before it kind fell by side in the last couple of years.  It helped keep the thread refreshed without having to wait to get to the limit but that's me personally.

3 hours ago, RSG3 said:

What's the point of this?

Because I can.

3 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Aren't you the guy who last week was yelling at Stu for talking shit about game for seemingly no reason?

Stu also didn't want to shut up about it. Also fuck that sub-human you call Stu. 
Stu, if you reading this just block me Bro. Thanks.

13 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

Also fuck that sub-human you call Stu. 

Im actually a mutant. Mutant and proud. 

13 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

Stu, if you reading this just block me Bro. Thanks.

you’re a childish troglodyte. Quick derailing threads with your temper tantrums. 

by the way, 

I Love You Lova Ya GIF

Edited by iStu X
3 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Fuck you bro.

You wish. Remember Lube is love 

2 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Im actually a mutant. Mutant and proud. 

No, you are a group of Pandas. 🐼

you’re a childish troglodyte. Quick derailing threads with your temper tantrums. 

by the way,

And you are Balan Wonderland 

by the way,

I Love You Lova Ya GIF

🤗

Just now, iStu X said:

God I wish. 

Actually Google up what a Group of Pandas are called. I just learned this like 10 ago myself. 

But here a consolation prize

spacer.png

1 minute ago, iStu X said:

I am incapable of being a video game. 

And you aren't fired from Square Enix, the creator of that game is. 

31 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Also looks like that rumor about the possibility of the supposed Switch Pro showing up tonight didn't pan out.  Honestly if it legit doesn't show up this year then hopefully that will kill this rumor for good.

Rather enjoyed that Cris Tales demo, which is pretty damn lengthy for a demo. Hopefully the full game is worth the wait. I promised I wouldn't buy any more non Persons and FF RPGs but I'll make an exception 

4 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Rather enjoyed that Cris Tales demo, which is pretty damn lengthy for a demo. Hopefully the full game is worth the wait. I promised I wouldn't buy any more non Persons and FF RPGs but I'll make an exception 

The art style alone is what originally sold me on Cris Tales. But Seeing how the overworld and battles work convinced me to day one. I’m so excited. 

Edited by iStu X
9 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

I haven't played the demo but i have watched the trailers and I think it looks really rad. Should I check out the demo or just wait?

1 minute ago, RSG3 said:

I haven't played the demo but i have watched the trailers and I think it looks really rad. Should I check out the demo or just wait?

Definitely demo it first, game may not be your cup of tee. You'll know for certain then cuz the demo gives you a great idea of how the mechanics and how the game plays