Stage Select

The E3 Thread!: Hype, surprises, empty promises and disappointment galore!

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

Something not mentioned in the Battlefield 2024 trailer is that they've upped the player count to 128 people per map now fox Xbox SeX and PS5...ABSOLUTE CHAOS

Hoping there's cross-play. I have some buddies on different systems and we're all interested in playing it.

6 hours ago, Chadouken said:

Hoping there's cross-play. I have some buddies on different systems and we're all interested in playing it.

Having crossplay between PC and PS5/XSX would help me considerably in making a decision. I've been eyeing the PC version of the new Battlefield, but I'm strongly considering picking it up on PS5 if it (crossplay) exists. I'll explain this in more detail either in the VGG thread or in the lounge thread if necessary, but the tl;dr is that I'm attempting to more clearly define where my workspace is and where I spend time outside of work.

Alright...So I'm off for the rest of E3 but I'm taking a trip to MD saturday for a celebration on my Wife's side which I'm not happy about but whatever.  So there's a good chance that I won't be able to post like I usually do on Sat to keep people updated on stuff.  Also unlike last year I have a 1 and a half year old now who is now ALL OVER THE PLACE and likes to take a liking to both stealing and clicking my mouse and randomly mashing his hands on my keyboard.  He's a lil troll too cause he only does it when he notices my wireless keyboard is on and I'm typing.  So this year is going to be interest but I'm gonna try my best to do what I usually do.

I'm hearing that Weezer played during Summer Games Fest and the only thing I can think of is "Why?".  Geoff...if your event is game centric then keep it game centric.  Don't have mainstream musical guests showing up at random unless it's directly related to a game and EVEN STILL...be reluctant to do it otherwise you get a Usher during Xbox E3 conference moment where people are like "WTF is happening right now?  Are we having a mainstream music concert in the middle of my video game news?".  The snippet of the Sonic concert makes WAY more sense but Weezer just showing up because.....????? is off putting.

Also my man Tee Lopes putting in work!  He's doing the music for Metal Slug Tactics

54 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I'm hearing that Weezer played during Summer Games Fest and the only thing I can think of is "Why?".  Geoff...if your event is game centric then keep it game centric. 

He needs to show off how many connections he has so he’s not the only one smelling his farts 

Edited by iStu X
17 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I've been waiting for this rumor to show up...

https://nintendoeverything.com/rumor-mario-rabbids-kingdom-battle-sequel-announcement-imminent/

The Mario + Rabbids twitter came alive a few months ago and I believe there was trademark renewed but nothing really came of it so I found it to be curious.

I hope so. M+R Kingdom Battle was an amazing title. I hope in this rumored sequel. they expand the amount of nintendo characters they use. 

I need waluigi and wario XCOM in my life. Or go full Disgaea and turn the Toads into Prinnie like creatures. 

Edited by iStu X

This is stream going to be focused on game shows that they have coming on netflix.

Arcane looks nice even though I'm not really interested in LoL.

Now they're about to talk about the Cuphead show.  King Dice is going to be voiced by Wayne Brady.

Showing an old trailer for Castlevania Season 4.  Oh wait....now they're talking about the future of Castlevania.  new series will have  Richter and Maria and will take place during the french revolution

Announced Splinter Cell show...or may have already been announced...they just showed a still.  Derek Colstad writing the show who was one of the pepole behind John Wick.

Captain Laserhawk based on Far Cry Blood Dragon being done by Adi Shakar....wait looks like it's not just going to be Blood Dragon?  Concept is like Captain N except it's going to have access to all of Ubisoft's IP.  Actually I'm not even sure anymore...Adi was talking about Farcry Blood Dragon and then started talking about Captain N and the concept for it and he said the Ubisoft gave him access to all the IP's.  I mean it has 'A Blood Dragon Remix'  as the subtitled so...I'm gonna have to rewatch that section to see exactly what this is lol.

Actual Far Cry show also announced.  People keep saying 'Anime' or rather Geoff keeps saying anime...and it probably doesn't count as that.

Now showing the Smite Stranger things crossover

Quick look at Witcher season 2

Showed the Live action series for Resident Evil cast.  Lance Reddick is going to be playing Albert Wesker.

There's a Witcher Con on July 9th.

Guess that's it now.

Edited by Sonichuman
28 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I fucking hate the Rabbids personally. 

I do too. But I also kind of dislike Ubisoft as a whole. So Rabbid versions of all their IP’s in a high budget animated show would be really god damn funny to me. 

They're just talking about the new Painkiller...not gameplay, no screenshot, no nothing

Now talking about a survival action horror game that they're developing...not showing anything for the game...lot of zzzzzzzz's right now in the chat lol.

Lord....zzzzzzzz is right.   Guys...is this what I'm going to expect from this?  SHOW....SOMETHING....I thought Blizzard bringing those skins for 2 characters was lame but this!? 

Chat has me dying right now.  Loads of people putting Skip lol

Holy hell man...Have you really been talking about this game for fucking 5 minutes now?  I'm starting to get James Cameron flashbacks right now.

as a side note @Chadoukenthe lady just pronounced it and it's pronounced "Coch" think like Coke but replace the "ke" with "ch"

Kingdom Come Deliverance is coming to Switch.  Apparently it wasn't originally but enough people asked about it and they decided to make it happen.  AND...THEY'RE STILL...JUST....TALKING.  OH SNAP...A KINGDOM COME SOAP BAR.

Talking about a game called Final Form, and it's...ACTUALLY A TRAILER.   Sci Fi first person shooter it looks like....very quick look.  Back to just talking..and showing clips of the short trailer through out the talking.

Actually another trailer...didn't catch the name.  Think it's called Dolmen.  Looking very Sci fi alien stuff.  Dude with a sword. some squid alien things.  yup called Dolmen.  And now back to talking.  The devs are still talking about about Dolmen...at least I think that's what's been going on cause I'm gonna be honest I started tuning out.  It's been 5 minutes. lol.

Maaannn...if this is still going into IGN's event I'm probably just gonna switch over to the Summer of Gaming event cause this....smh

Ok getting another trailer looks like it has a medieval fantasy setting.  Game is called Games Bounty II....aaand here we go with the devs...-_-...we're about to get another 5 minutes of talking aren't we?

Sooo yeah this dude is still talking...IIIIIII'm gonna give up on this stream.  It's 3:55 and I'm going to switch to IGN.  I'll just check out whatever later sorry if people may have been interested.

Edited by Sonichuman

Alright IGN Expo stuff

Already starting out with a trailer for a game some knight dude is killing people with a silver ax.  game is Mortal Shell: Virtuous Cycle and it's coming to new gen systems.

Now showing a trailer for Creed.  Showing Rocky Balboa, Clubber Lang, Ivan Drago, Viktor Drago, Apollo Creed.  coming to switch, ps4, xbone

moving right into the next trailer being deved by frog wares, look like a detective game...is this a Sherlock holmes game?  Yup its a Sherlock Holmes game.  Sherlock holmes chapter one is coming to all platforms cept for Switch.

moving to next game has a cartoony style of graphics.  Looks like you gather and fight of zombie herds with others on a ....moving village?  Game is called Survival Machine.

Uh..Doki Doki Literature Club Plus?  Did not see this showing up on here.  Coming to PC, Switch and Playstation consoles.  lol at that disclaimer at the end of that trailer. 

Fucking lol.  People must have came from the Koch stream cause people talking about soap in the chat.

Now talking more about Tiny Tina's Wonderlands.  Has a dev member talking about the game and pretty much what you're doing in the games and going through the trailer to explain it which is WAY BETTER...THAN WHAT THEY WERE DOING ON KOCH.  No new footage but using the trailer that was released while he's talking to emphasis what he's talking about.

Another trailer.  Looks like it's that kung fu game that I was interested in that was announced a while back.  Pretty sure that's what this is.  Looking better.  You can use the environment as you see fit.  Sifu

And now we have a....Lego game that's going to take place in the wild west?  At least I think that's what this is about...it's people building a lego set IRL right now and building different areas.  Wait this isn't Legos?  What is happening right now?  Now they have someone 3D sculpting a layout.  Is this just some type of just elaborate game maker?  Game is called Wild West Dynasty and it's PC only.

Moving to another trailer that's using cel shading and it's extremely cartoony.  Using a lot of mostly flat colors for the environment.  very light reds to near pink levels but the characters walking about have more color to them.  aaaand suddently this turned into a 2D skatboarding platform game.  Think like Trials but with a Skateboard.  Game is called Olli Olli World.  Coming this Winter.  Coming to all platforms.

Moving to another trailer being deved by Saber Interactive.   Aaaand this is a realistic lgihtly cel shaded zombie survival game.  Hoards of zombies and they're all World War Z fast.    Zombies, guns, explosions everywhere.   World War Z Aftermath coming 2021

Moving on to game called Pramble (sp?)  Aaaaand we're starting off with a child...repeatedly stabbing someone with blood going everywhere.  Looks like this is some type of fantasy game aand they're showing some of the environments and your character is really small?  Called actually Bramble the Mountain King. coming 2022

Now showing Skate Birds.  I mean it is what you think it is and have seen before.  It's like Tony Hawk...but with small birds rolling around environments while grinding and doing tricks.  Coming aug 12 to all platforms.

So far this is so much better than Koch god damn...I know the bar is super low for that but someone will have to work REALLY hard to do worse than that stream.

moving on a game that's apparently about unpacking...And you can take pictures of the room after you've set it.  ...the game is LITERALLY CALLED...UNPACKING.  Coming to PC and Switch.

Moving on to the 2 Point Campus.  coming to all platforms.

SFII Champion Edition 1 up arcade being shown.  TMNT IV Turtles in Time 1up cabinet shown.

Moving on to another game that apparently is doing with a time traveler in Ancient Greece.  People are turning to gold and it's in first person.  Game is called The Forgotten City and it's coming July 28th.

Moving on to a top down dungeon crawling looking game similar to Diablo....aaand it looks like the battles are tactic turn based.  Described as dark fantasy strategy rpg. Disciples Liberation coming to all consoles.

Moving on to Tunic.   Mostly just talking about the game and showing gameplay.  Tunic is getting a new demo on Xbox this year.  Wow...even breaking jars in houses eh?  If you save all of the monster respawn.  Demo is coming 6/15.

More footage of the Smite and Stranger Things crossover...

Footage of Splitgate...the game that IGN was shitting on right before this stream started lol.

Showing footage of the Streets of Rage 4 DLC now.

Showing footage of a 2D sprite based game where it looks like you dungeon crawl aaand live in caves?  Also dig and fight monsters.  Looks like it's co-op.  Called Core Keeper, coming to Steam this year.

Now showing a dif game that has a rabit with a sword with hand drawn characters.  one just shot an arrow at a dude.  Inkulinati is the name and it's  coming to steam

And now there's a band battle game that they're showing that uses cards for attacks.  Errrrr... and it's coming to steam.  Called Audio Clash Battle of the Bands.  being made by a group called The Living Tombstone  (never heard of them but maybe someone here has)

Moving on to a new game, currently have some kids who are appear to be making up a story and it's being illustrated in this trailer.  Illustrations burn away to show a full 3D game of what the kids were talking about.  Game is in first person.  Character has a bow and it looks like it's a dark fantasy.  Called Blacktail and it's coming to new gen and PC this year.

Switch game coming up, looks like it's 2D dark fantasy game with metroid influences.   Medieval weaponry, multiple endings large bosses, skill trees.   Death's Gambit Afterlife.

moving on to a different game now that's that appears to be a top down twin stick shooter.  Fight on land, fight in the sky on ships.  Looks like you're fighting these alien bug looking things.  You can also explore around the skylands.  Craft and customize.  Game uses a 2D sprite based art style.  Game is called Black Skylands.

Moving to another game more realistically rendered 3D game.  Looks like the village is burning and their are machines killing people.   Looks like the protagonist is also a machine,  Game is called Steel Rising and it's coming to new gen systems.

Trailer for Unbound showing for Switch, apparently there is a demo out for it.  Unfortunately I couldn't look much on it cause I've been fighting my son throughout the last five trailers and trying to keep him out of stuff.

Moving to another more realistically rendered 3D games.  Just a woman narrating the trailer and walking while wearing a walkman.  Looks like she's going to be solving puzzles.  different camera angles...uh sudden environment changes.  Looks like she has a gun and fights weird creatures.  Game is called Broken Pieces and it's coming to PC and new gen.

Another 3D game.  Has a child and a older woman talking over it.  Woman is giving the lil girl a story time about a dude drowing a woman.  Aaand they hanged him.  Couldn't find the body of the girl.  Spirits of the girl wanders around where she was drowned.    Looks liek she's been dragging people into the water.  Sooooo....looks like this game is in first person.  Game is called Martha is Dead.  coming to new gen consoles and PC

Next we got a space game complete with space ships and space battles.  Missles, bullets, deck out your ship. and explore space and survive. Showed a view of the cockpit with fire inside.  Called Haunted Space and it's coming to new gen and pc.

Moving onto another 3D game.  First person.  Some dude is telling the protagonist that he has to save some lady and he's doing something that will change mankind for ever.  Has guns,  Helicopter just got taken out by a missle while he watched it from above.   Not %100 sure of thwat's going on but apparently you have to survive the heist?   Game is called Chernobylite think they announced this awhile back.

and that's it.

Edited by Sonichuman