Stage Select

The E3 Thread!: Hype, surprises, empty promises and disappointment galore!

Yeah Koch presentation...is absolutely one of the worst E3 presentations I've ever had the displeasure to sit and listen too.  The devs drone on and on and on and there's barely any gameplay or trailers through out the entire 2 hour presentation.  That's right...2....FUCKING...HOURS.  Someone was nice enough to timestamp where the trailers were within this presentation and there are only 6.  SIX....OVER A SPAN OF 2 HOURS.  Like...at least some of the worst conferences that have been done in E3 were bad due to like fuckups  and cheesiness but this?  This is the driest presentation done for E3 bar none.  I want to be lenient on these guys since this is their first presentation but E3 has been a thing for 15+ years.  You mean to tell me you didn't pay attention or watch ANY of the conferences within that time frame to get an idea of what to do and what to avoid?  And nobody looked over ya'lls presentation and mentioned anything abou this being dry AF?  NOBODY?!

Edit:  In my years of watching E3 I've never turned off a stream no matter how bad or disappointing it was...I'm contemplating turning this shit off for a 2nd time lmao.

Edited by Sonichuman

Events for today

• Guerrilla Collective Showcase – Saturday, June 12 at 8am PT
  • E3 Preshow – Saturday, June 12 at 10am PT
  • Guerrilla Collective – Wholesome Direct – Saturday, June 12 at 10am PT
  • IGN Ubisoft Forward Preshow – Saturday, June 12 at 11am PT
  • Ubisoft Forward – Saturday, June 12 at 12pm PT
  • Gearbox Entertainment presentation – Saturday, June 12 at 2pm PT
  • GamesBeat Session – Saturday, June 12 at 2:45pm PT

Side note not quite related.  Son is sick so don't know how this is going to go today for me.  Trip that was planned today got canceled but don't know if I'll be able to do my normal thing.

Edited by Sonichuman

Son actually got better and we ended up just going on the trip late.  I had to listen to Ubisoft's stream on the way but couldn't watch it.  Avatar game might be interesting but I da know.  Gonna try to update stuff but I'm going to be limited.

Gearbox was supposed to happen at 5ET but I don't see it...but I do see Devolver Digital happened.

I need to get caught up

Edit: placed in the proper Gearbox showcase once it got put up

Edited by Sonichuman

I’m glad I didn’t watch that Ubisoft Forward. All that shit looks and sounds yawn worthy. The only part I would have cared about got leaked hours before. So it saved me having to sit through all that garbage. 

Square’s stream is (technically) today at 12:15pm PST/3:15pm EST. I’ll definitely watch that. I honestly don’t give a shit about more FF7R or FFXIV content or even FFXVI content. I also DEFINITELY don’t give a shit about any new Marvel projects they have.

I just want more modern console remasters/remakes and ports of past games from previous generations. 

Edited by iStu X

events today

• 24 Entertainment's Naraka Bladepoint – Sunday, June 13 at 8:45am PT
  • Xbox and Bethesda Showcase – Sunday, June 13 at 10am PT
  • Square Enix Presents – Sunday, June 13 at 12:15pm PT
  • Warner Bros. Games Back 4 Blood – Sunday, June 13 at 2:30pm PT
  • PC Gaming Show – Sunday, June 13 at 2:30pm PT
  • Future Games Show – Sunday, June 13 at 4pm PT
7 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

events today

• 24 Entertainment's Naraka Bladepoint – Sunday, June 13 at 8:45am PT
  • Xbox and Bethesda Showcase – Sunday, June 13 at 10am PT
  • Square Enix Presents – Sunday, June 13 at 12:15pm PT
  • Warner Bros. Games Back 4 Blood – Sunday, June 13 at 2:30pm PT
  • PC Gaming Show – Sunday, June 13 at 2:30pm PT
  • Future Games Show – Sunday, June 13 at 4pm PT

Fuck. Today is Sunday isn’t it? For whatever reason I keep thinking it’s Friday. 

M$/Beth conference happening in less than a minute.  I'll edit this post.

Starting out the conference with Todd Howard...guess we're gonna do Bethesda mostly first.  Looks like we're moving right into Starfield.  Astronaut walking into a space ship with plans on the wall.  Some of this looked like it was CG but then it switched to in game engine.  Looks really nice.  Uh...no gameplay really but we got a look to see what the game looks like.  Starfield will be Xbox exclusive and it's coming 11/11/2022.

Some other lady who's name I missed is now talking.  Going over Bethesda joining Xbox again.  30 titles being shown today.  I guess it's not just going to be Beth first.  Moving on to STalker 2: Heart of Chernobyl.  targeting 4K and raytracing.  coming next year.  moving into a trailer.  Will be console exclusive at launch.     Moving to an in engine cutscene with some russians speaking around a bon fire and then moved to first person gameplay and a dude just got gunned down.  I'm guessing the guy who showed up at the bon fire is recounting this event with the others.  Switching back and forth between the bon fire and this guys excursion.  He's walking around with some sort of tuner looking for something in a swamp which he finds this green emerald thing.  Don't know what it's for.  Now showing him walking into a shop and the shop owner just decided to put on some music and dance around.  Now showing guy walking around a warehouse and there are some monster alien thing that have squid mouth face.  It's mostly switching from gameplay and the bon fire showing various environments. game is coming 04/28/2022.   I"m going to assume that everything is day on one gamepass.  Seems to be pretty consistent.

moving on to the next game by WB and Turtlerock studios.  It's Back 4 Blood.  Zombies, explosions, monstrosites.   being chased by a large horde.   Game is coming this fall.  I mean if you played Left 4 Dead you pretty much have an idea of what to expect with this.  introducing  a Smarm mode where you can do human vs human and players cna play the zombie monsters.  game is coming 10/12.  again day one on gamepass.

Xbox console exclusive coming up.  XBox game studios in partnership with avalanche studios.   record player is playing.  music is playing while the camer is sweeping around the area.  game is going to be open world.  Seems the area is frozen in time.  Game is called Contraband.  No date for it.  yeah...again gamepass play blah

moving on to an update to Sea of Thieves.  being narrated by what sounds like Tia Dalma from Pirates of the car..HOLY SHIT...THEY ACTUALLY PUT JACK SPARROW IN THIS GAME.. They're partnering with Disney and putting Pirates of the Caribbean in this game.   Davey Jones is in.    This guy is doing a really good job sounding like Jack...I kinda doubt it is Johnny Depp though considering what's going on.  coming free to sea of thieves June 22nd.

Yakuza games coming to Game pass. Yakuza like a dragon available today.

Now moving on to Battlfield gameplay footage captured from a 128 battle.   Standard fare at the moment.  People getting stabbed, tanks being air dropped in,  explosions.  Now there's a duster storm rolling into the battle.  Aaaaand here comes the Tornado.  People are going into a building and taking the elevator.  People fighting on a roof with a tornado right on the outskirts of the building.  Jumped off the building and opened up the flight suit.  I mean it looks great.  coming 10/22/2021

Console launch exclusive.  This is that room game with the due trapped inthe time loop 08/19/2021.  Twelve Minutes.

Xbox Game Studios.   Moving on to Pysychonauts 2.   Jumping into brains there a Judge with a huge hammer.  Very colorful and wacky worlds.    Showing various areas.    Coming 08/25/2021.

Back to the stages and now Pete Hines is talking now.  10 more Bethesda titles coming to Game pass including Doom Eternal which is going to get an update to run better optimized on Xbox SeX.  Saving Fallout 76 is popular on Gamepass.  now moving on to show what's next for 76.  People getting shot mech suite with american flags on it.   Someone just got melted by what I assume was acid lol.    Someone's righteous crusade has gone too far.   Steel Reign.  will be available 07/06

moving on to a new game....I think?  Someone trapped in a helicopter and trying to reach someone.  looks post apocalyptic.  Wait is this another Fallout game?  No it's another edition called Expeditions: The Pitt coming 2022

Now talking about Elder Scrolls Online,  Game  is going to optimized for Xbox SeS and SeX.   Showing the game running on the new gen console. 

Console Launch Exclusive coming.   being narrated by the Honest Trailers guy lol .  Animal  plushes are attacking each other.  game is coming 2022 called Party Animals.

Now showing Hades for Xbox.  Coming 08/13/2021

new showing another game.  top down view of a car driving on the road.  father, mother, son sleep on a couch in front of a tv.  Now there's a guy exploring environments with a dog.  Looks like you sometimes take your family with you.  Wait there's some creatures shooting laser guns? Looks like you sometimes are carrying your family with you and sometimes they will get hurt.  Somerville coming 2022. 

Moving on to Halo Infinite...Alright 343.  Time to do better.  Showing footage captured in engine.  Showing the wide open area of the ring.  Drop ship flies from the left and into the screen into the background.  Showing the chief in space as he jumps out of a ship and flies through space. Chief had one bullet as he's examining a space wreckage, there's bodies everywhere.  Guy over comms is concerned that Chief only has one bullet but  Chief says its enough.  Chief is looking for Cortana and finds an AI that tells her that Cortana has been deleted.  AI downloads itself onto Chiefs chip.   Multiplayer and singleplayer will launch this holiday.  Kinda weird now that this is a possibility in games now and people have to say that.  Now showing gameplay of the multiplayer.  It's fast and frenetic looks like you can get a grapple hook to help hijack vehicles.  more explosions and headshots.  Slow motion running.  Showing Capture the flag.  use the grapple gun to also grab other things to you like weapons.  aaand they also put that Halo Infinite will be Free to play.  coming Holiday 2021

Moving on to next game.  Talking about Evil surviving....Is this Diablo?  Yeah it's Diablo 4.  showing gameplay footage of the game running on the new gen xboxs.  8 player co-op.   Wait...is this actually Diablo 2?     Yeah it's actually Diablo  2 Resurrected. 09/23/2021

Moving on to a game by Focus and Asobo.   Run down village that has a mud slide taking over a street while cutting to various other scenes.  I'm not sure exactly what this is.  Called A PlagueTale Requiem  Coming 2022

Showing Far Cry 6 footage captured from the new gen xbox.     Giancarlo talking on the phone with someone.  Protagonist is stabbing and assassinsating people with make shift weapons.  Jumped in a tank.  Jumped on an oil tanker and infiltrated it.  Uh...get roosters to attack people.  Coming 10/7/2021

Moving onto the next game.  Pretty sure this is Tunic...Well...actually I'm wrong...I'M SUPER WRONG..  I have no idea what this is but it's a guy with a suction gun sucking up all these creatures and putting them in a box.  It has a very cartoony style.  It's called Slime Rancher 2.  coming 2022

Console Launch exclusive being made by Foam Punch.  Looks like it's a Snowboarding game.    Yup..  guy is grinding and going up ramps and doing tricks while riding down the mountain.  Looks like you can do that with others.  You can see the tracks other people have made in the mountain.   Game is called Shredders.  Coming Dec 2021

Next game is already starting out weird.  by Atomic Heart.  Wait WTF?  was that all that was?  and then it moved on to a completely different realistic looking game.  wait ...that was the same game?  I don't even know how to describe what I just saw lol

Console Launch Exclusive.  Looks like a 2D game with 3d backgrounds made by sad cat studios.    Looks interesting.    I can't remember the game that has this same art style but I'm digging this.  Called Replaced coming 2022.

Showing Eiyden Chronicles which looks a lot like Ocotopath Traveler.  I had a little bit on Grounded and Among US but then my Son deleted part of my post...AWESOME.

They just showed Ascent

moving on to another game, looks like an RTS.  Takes place during the medieval period.  Jeanne D'Arc is in it.  catapaults., fight through the ages.  water battles.  Age of Empires IV.  Coming 10/28 on PC.

Xbox Console Exclusive....I think this is Fable.  Wait....it's not fable?  the narrator for this is funny.  Very meta and talking about the trailer itself and how cliche it is.   LoL.   The Outer Worlds 2. 

Xbox Console Exclusive...airplane flying over hippos.  Is this Flight Simulator?  I'm pretty sure this is Flight Simulator.  Fly biplanes commercial planes, fly them over various placer... coming to 07/27/2021 to the new gen xbox consoles.   Looks like there's expansion based on top gun coming this fall where you can fly jets

Xbox Console Exclusive...in engene footage capture.desert areas, showing rain and it pooling on the ground.  Looks like this is Forza.  Yes it's def Forza  various shots of vehicles including buggies.  Looks like we're driving into a sand storm.  Forza Horizon 5 coming 11/09/2021.  Now we got the Playground devs talking about the game.  Game is going to take place in Mexico. Showing gameplay footage through a rainforest.  Showing some of the campaign.  Game looks gorgeous as expected.  water droplets on the camera.     Showing everything in game...showing how open everything is and the amount of details.  pick out the needles on a cactus from a distance.  Driving through Mexico towns.  This game really does look great graphically.  That shot they showed showing the rocks from the volcano area was impressive.     Like a lot of these still moments they are showing in game I'm sure people would be able to be 1fooled into thinking it was real.   They captured Skies in 12K to use in this game.  If I cared about Forza and had an Xbox I'd probably buy this game Day 1 it looks like it could be fun.  Showing different modes now.  One called Pinata pop  and now there's running over bowling pins.  Can customize games to play with others.

Aaaand here's Phill Spencer.  Talking about games coming to Gamepass.  talking about games that haven't been shown like Perfect Dark (guessing we're not seeing this today...:( )  Thanking the gamers  and the community.   Phil is doing the one more thing now.  Upcoming game is being made by Arcane, open world immersive shooter.  Xbox Exclusive.  Showing a lady using magic to read a book.  In a store that looks run down and is a mess.   Showing what happened earlier before.  This is all CG by the way.  Banter between characters.  Uh....ok so there are vampries and it looks like someone just got eaten.  Implying 4 player co op with powers to go along with the shooting.  tag teamed the vampire and hit it with a UV light before staking it.  shooting at all  all the enemies fromt he room.  One of the guys has the ability to go invisible.  I'm assuming the vampires are going to be harder enemies that will require teamwork to defeat aside from the canon fodder.   going back to the current and the sun is coming up.  Showing a vampire with like 8 arems  called Red Fall and it's coming Summer 2022.    Looks kinda interesting.  Aaand that's the end of the show.    Showing the reel of all the games that were shown.

Edited by Sonichuman
1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

moving on to an update to Sea of Thieves.  being narrated by what sounds like Tia Dalma from Pirates of the car..HOLY SHIT...THEY ACTUALLY PUT JACK SPARROW IN THIS GAME.. They're partnering with Disney and putting Pirates of the Caribbean in this game.   Davey Jones is in.    This guy is doing a really good job sounding like Jack...I kinda doubt it is Johnny Depp though considering what's going on.  coming free to sea of thieves June 22nd.

What happened to the pirate game with AC4: Naval Combat and far better graphics?

2 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I guess you are slowing down man.

tenor.gif

Maaaan...this child is all over the place.  I have to be on guard with him at all times cause if not I'm either getting crotch tapped or he's jamming his lil fingers on my keyboard as I'm using it.  A cousin of mine described him as a lil Sonic the Hedgehog which I found extremely ironic.

Alright so got another minute before Squeenix is on...I'll update this post.

Matt Mercer is going to be the voice host.

Starting out with the World Premier from Eidos.  And it's definitely Guardians of the Galaxy.  Game looks nice graphically.  looks like it's a 3rd person action game.   So far looks like you mostly play as Star Lord.  Characters look closer to comic counterparts if I'm not mistaken and less MCU.   Mantis is in it.  Coming 10/26/2021.  Yeah doesn't look like you're not going to be able to play any of the other guardians other than Star Lord but the other Guardians will be with you.  Looks like it has plenty of humor with it.  I might actually buy this.  I'm interested.  Now talking about with the devs as they talk about the game.  Showing more renders of the characters.  Apparently you will make choices in conversation that may have an impact.   They showed the start title for the game with the Guardians around the ship.  Showing more game play now and showing a bit of how Quill can make choices in the conversations with his teammates while they're arguing.    The group flies down to a planet that has wind and rain and lightning.  Peter looks out on a cliff and out over area.  Running down through the environment.  They landed on a platform that got struck by lightning  and now they're in a fight with....Some Jello cubes?  Of course they're just not Jello cubes...they can shape shift and make sharp weapons and what not.  Environments look nice.  Drax suggests throwing Rocket and Peter has to choice to either stop him or encourage it.  Of course we choose to encourage it Drax tosses him over to the other side where he activates a bridge for them to get by.   Looks like you can issue orders to the other Guardians to do the things against the monsters.   Peter activates his cassette tape and now all the guardians are powered up.  They finish the encounter with a team up attack where everyone gets a piece.  You got another opportunity  to change your mind on a mission choice from earlier and the player took it putting Groot up for sale instead of Rocket.  looks like some of the team disagreed.  Kind of curious how some of your choices on this will effect missions.  Showing another section of the game.  Game is coming to Playstaion and xbox consoles as well as PC.

Aaaand here comes the Final Fantasy remaster games...FF 1-6 getting pixel remasters...only announced for Steam...they didn't really show ANYTHING.  -_-...*sigh*

Legend of Mana coming 06/24/2021.  Showed some gameplay footage.

Now moving on to Avengers and some of the Road map.  Talking about the Cosmic Cube update where you're trying to stop the Scientist Supreme.  Wasteland Patroll now which is about stopping the apocaylpse.  And also showing War for Wakanda.  Showing what Wakanda looks like in the game.  Also showed Shari and the Dora Malajie (Sp), Showing Klaue is in this pack along with some robotic spiders.   I think Klaue is being voiced by Steve Blum.  I have no idea who that neon looking large enemy was at the end.

Now moving on to Mobile stuff....zzzzzzzzz....talking about a Hitman mobile game......

Nier game coming to mobile...Nier REincarnation

Final Fantasy x War of the Visions.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvious stuff...

Final Fantasy VII The first Soldier....

Ok now we're getting to Babylon's Fall.  Showing environments with a narrator.  Showing 4 protagonists.  Looks like this is a multiplayer co op title set in a medieveal setting.    Combate looks pretty fast and snappy.  Don't know about the platforming but it's interesting for a first look.  Playstation consoles and steam.    Moving on to dev interview where they're talking to about the game and what they're doing.  Players follow the story and do dungeons and so it's also a dungeon crawler with Platinum combat closer to Nier Automata.

Moving on to Life is Strange remastered collection.  Before talking about the next Life is Strange game.  Showing the differences in the visuals for the games and how they updated them.  They also touched up some of the animation.

now moving on to Life is Strange True Colors, moving into a first look of the game.  Alex has psychic empathic powers and that will influence your decisions in the game.   Alex can dive into someone psyche and see the world through their eyes.  Apparently you might able to pull people's emotions but there's probably a consequence.

moving on to a brand new title for Squeenix Japan.  Nomura is involved.  Game is also being deved by Team Ninja and Koei Tecmo.  It's in 3rd person.   This is gotta be that spinoff final fantasy game.  Dark Souls/dark fantasy asthetic with faster combat.  This game has Chaos as a boss and I think they mentioned Garland.   Game is called Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin.  Coming to new gen consoles and steam.  Demo coming to PS5 soon.  Quick trailers of games already out and some upcoming, Neo, FF7 intergrade, Forspoken, FF XVI, FFXIV Endwalker,   aaand that's it.

Edited by Sonichuman