Stage Select

The E3 Thread!: Hype, surprises, empty promises and disappointment galore!

56 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

aaand here comes the Final Fantasy remaster games...FF 1-6 getting pixel remasters...only announced for Steam...they didn't really show ANYTHING

ONLY BEING ON STEAM AND MOBILE IS SOME  OL’ BULLSHIT! Do they not want to continue printing money by putting this compilation on the Switch as well? Wtf. 

better be some launch window exclusive shit or imma riot.

This makes absolutely no sense to me. Square has been backing Nintendo hard since the Switch released. Why would they not want this compilation on the platform?

Edited by iStu X
6 minutes ago, iStu X said:

ONLY BEING ON STEAM AND MOBILE IS SOME  OL’ BULLSHIT! Do they not want to continue printing money by putting this compilation on the Switch as well? Wtf. 

better be some launch window exclusive shit or imma riot.

This makes absolutely no sense to me. Square has been backing Nintendo hard since the Switch released. Why would they not want this compilation on the platform?

I don't know why they wouldn't put pixel remasters of the those games on other platforms other than steam and mobile let alone just Switch.  They're going to spend time to update and touch up the pixels in the game (whatever that means...we still have no idea what the game is going to look like.  Are we redoing the art or we just making it sharper?) and not put it on platforms that would make them the most money where most of the fanbase for those franchises would be...which would be on the consoles.  I'm assuming that it's just going to be exclusive for those platforms at launch and they'll put them out elsewhere later until someone from the company says otherwise.

7 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

What's the dif personality wise between MCU Starlord and Comic Starlord?  The designs aren't based on MCU.

He’s a cop. Lol. I haven’t read GotG in a minute. So marvel likely did what they’ve been doing: the brand restructuring initiative they’re currently doing where a lot of the characters are more in line with the movies. 

which is exceedingly dumb to me. 

Edited by iStu X

Honestly I had no interest in GOTG before the show and was interested in Final Fantasy Origin. After watching the presentation, I'm actually interested in GOTG and give zero fucks about Final Fantasy Origin. Constant "Chaos" dialogue aside, I really don't care for the character design on the lead warrior of light. Looks like some grungy Fallout extra grabbed a buster sword and decided to call up the Dollar Tree versions of Prompto and Nagoriyuki. I guess they just ditched the concept of four warriors of light as well. Meh.

Showing stuff on Bloodpoint Naraka right now.

Now showing what appears to be a dodge ball game using 2d artwork.  Dodge Ball Acedemia.  Coming to PS4, Xbone, Switch and PC.

dev for Chivalry 2 talking about the game and showing gameplay.

Showed a game called Rawmen, looks like you literrally have a competitive food fight with people  coming to pretty much all platforms and pc

Now they're talking about Dying Light 2.  Trailer that's jus talking about the backstory for the game, just words. for right now and now it cuts back to the dev.  Apparently some of the people in chat on youtube are like Stu...I'm seeing CHAOS everywhere lol.  coming Dec 7th 2021.

moving on to Humankind.    play against frankie ward's avatar?   errr ok...game is available now in closed beta.

now showing a 2d game with a guy with sword and guns.  Looks like you can deflect beams.  Looks interesting.   Game is called They Always Run.  guessing this guy must be some sort of bounty hunter.  no release date.

Apparently Gabe is going to show up later?  dunno what that's about

Orcs Must Die 3 now coming up.  Just a quick trailer, coming 07/23/2021,   Now a dev is going to talk about the game.  Play solo or co op.    game takes place 25 years after Orcs must die 2.  fight indoor and outdoor.  coming to playstation, xbox and pc.

Now showing Vampire: The Masquerade.   Showing a CG trailer.  it's actually an expansion called Swansong.  coming to all platforms and PC...specifically Epic

Now showing a game that reminds me of Godzilla All monsters melee.  Fight as Kaiju against each other and your battle ends up destroying the city.  What the...Someone has access to a big ass mech?  Lava and tornados can happen.  Game is called Gigabash and it's coming to PS4 and PC.

moving on to a another game thats a first person shooter with abilities.  looks like it may be objective based and takes place in space.   Game is called Lemnis Gate, coming 08/03, beta coming in July.   Talking with Dev...apparently described as first person turn based strategy game?   You get 25 seconds per character to do stuff...so wait...this is kind of like Worms but in first person?

Next Space Rebels is coming up.  Build your own miniature rockets and put your video of it on youtube (star tube in the game)  Get to the point of making a real rocket to put it in space.  going to xbox, switch and pc.

Game called WarTales getting shown, open world rpg game that's top down, coming 2021

Next game coming up is called Silt? Black and white and 2d based.  Looks like you can put your subconscious in other things in the water and control them.

Moving on to what I believe is Hello Neighbor 2.

showing a new game, not quite sure what to make of it at this point.  Dude talking about achievements of humanity and also its destruction of the environment.  Looks like there's a giant space station that was made...guess this is about trying to migrate to a different planet. WTF....WTFFF.. game is called Ixion.  Coming 2022 Sorry I wasn't expecting the game to BLOW A HOLE IN THE GODDAMN MOON.

Moving on to the next game.  looks kind of drab with flat muted colors.  called Far changing tides, coming to pretty much all consoles.

moving on to the next game 2D artwork.   muted colors I guess you actually build a family and start a legacy?  Is this some sort of 2D sims?  Called Lakeberg Legacies.

moving on to the next game an called Killing floor interesteller something...son getting in the way sorry.  Music sounded straight up like someone copying Mick Gordon and Doom.

now talking about Mech warrior 5.  talking with dev of the game now.  Showing gameplay for it.  This game looks not bad graphically.  I thought it would have looked better than what it does.  Not sure what it is...like the Mechs are fine but I think the simple textures of everything else in comparison might be throwing me off...Talking about some of the dif things you can do in terms of updatings.  coming to Xbox, Steam and GoG.

Moving on to Hello Neighbor 2.  shows this guy setting traps and being an overall nuisance but he ended up getting hemmed up.

now going to Jurassic World: Evolution 2.  takes place believe they said after the last movie with the Dinos being now fully out in the wild.  Yup they're showing gameplay now and it pretty much confirms it.  People are saying this was already shown.  so this must have been the same trailer from earlier that I hadn't got a chance to watch yet.  coming 2021.

Showing a collections of games from this one studio...looks like it's mostly a sizzle reel.  Wise variety of stuff.  Company is called New Blood.  Now CEO is on talking about Gloomwood that's influenced by System Shock.  Lol @ this guy getting bumped off for Gabe.

Holy crap Gabe....you uh....you got a list and checking it twice there Gabe?   Got places to be on the night of Dec. 24th?  His announcement was pretty much nothing. lol

Now moving on to a 3rd person action game.  Game is called Soulstice (....really?).  coming out 2022 to new gen and PC.

trailer for Warhamer 4000 Chaos gate , all CG.

showing another first person games.  Looks post apocalyptic...aaand its in a dif language that I'm not sure what though... aaand there's a lady floating and there's this wood praying mantis looking thing.  It's russian...Is this that russian game from a ways back?    I don't feel like this is Stalker 2 though this looks like something else.   looks like you have electricity based weapons.  Game is called Pioner.

Showing stuff on Eve online now.

moving on to a game called Lumberhill?  online co op, look like...uh...I da know...coming to Steam and Switch.  I wasn't sure what the goal was in that game lol

moving on to the next game, precederually generated dungeons called Arboria.

Next trailer is called Tinykin, ...this games art style is interesting.  And the gameplay is like pikmin.  So the characters are in 2d but the environments are 3D.     I saw someone in the chat say Paper Pikmin and yeah...that's pretty apt.

moving on to the next game.   Survival game. Its that Chernobylite game.

Looks like we have another game using a 2D pixel style for the characters and enemies in a 3d environment.  Looks really cool imo.  Camera is closer to the ground.  called Sacrifire.  They have a kickstarter

Moving on to Icarus.  hunting with a bow.  shooting a charging bear...uhh..gonna needs something bigger for that.  looks like you're gonna build your own house and have to survive in the elements.  looks like someone had a house earlier in the trailer and that burned down.  coming 08/11

This game also looks pretty cool articstic wise.  pixel art 2d over a 3d background.  Called MechaDammer.

Uh...I don't know what to make of this game at all...The Wandering Village.  looks like there was a village...living on a large dinosaur and just traveling with it?

This game looks like that 2d souls like game that I can't remember at the moment.  Hyper Light Drifter that's what was thinking about.  looks like a dude with cyber punk hair.  game is called Death Trash

Showing Songs of Conquest now which is a spiritual successor to Heroes of Might and Magic 2.   Turn based strat RPG is what this looks like.  Coming Early 2022.

next game...looks like you're a repairer and you do jobs and hang out with people?  uh..looks like you play dif people and they're going through different things and you choose different skills with each person.  Game is called Citizen Sleeper coming 2022.

Looks like we're getting an old Doom like shooter.  Very much purposefully retro looking but not completely.    Called Project Warlock 2.

aaand that's it

Edited by Sonichuman

*-/+9Ok back...uh...this is an interesting set up for this  showcase.  Apparently most of these games have a demo that can be played on steam so they're just doing quick looks at all the games.

Just have to go to the Future Games Show page on steam.

Showing E Sports Boxing Club...I guess since EA isn't doing Fight Night someone decided to try to move in.  coming to PC early access and to all consoles cept for Switch next year.

and they're going showing a World War 2 shooter, called Hell Let Loose.  Showing first look after dev talked about it.  It looks about what to expect graphics are decent.  coming to Steam and new gen consoles in 2021

Survive, research, fight back  real time tactical Battfield.  Kinda looks like Horde mode mixed with Starcraft .  Called Red Solstice 2 Survivors coming 06/17

uh a game about doing mail woman and then she goes to live her life.  This game's animation is...rough...Game is just alled Lake and it's coming Sept 1.  new gen xbox, Steam and Epic games store

another game where the moon blew up and that's where humans and gods were born.  Going through the back story of what happened.  Gods were ruling over until humans rose up and imprisoned most of them.  Eldest Souls coming 07/29

another first person shooter where you can switch between all the people who have out on the field.  System is trying to be accurate to the time.  Game is called Enlisted, going to the new gen consoles and PC.  You can play it now since it's in early access.

Severered Steel showing up which look more like something i'd be interested in. A bullet time shooter featuring a character with only one hand.  Look cool to me. Got wall running, slides and slow mo.  Coming to xbox, playstation and PC games.

now doing a montage for future games.  Gestalt looks kind of cool.

Now they're going to show gameplay from Sonic Colors Ultimate and Laura Bailey did an impression of Tails that wasn't bad at all.  It's just a run through of what the very first act of Tropical Resort looks like.

Showing Starmancer which is a game by Chucklefish.  Don't know what to think about this game but it looks interesting  early access august 5th.

now moing on to KeyWe...which is about 2 Kiwis that work at the post office...ok.  coming 08/31st to pretty  much every platform

Death Run TV.  Twin Stick shooter that's coming to all platforms.

now talking about Chernobylite again.

now we got a montage of games being published by Team 17.  Howw...Hokko Life looking reeeall Animal crossing right now...

Harold Hallibut is a game about people on a space ship and friendship.  The art style is very much like Wallace and Gromit.   They really nailed how the stop motion clay look and animation.  Ahhh...so they craft everything like the sets and the characters and then scan them in.  Interesting.  Coming to PC, xbox and playstation.

Moving on to Happy Game which already looks Trippy AF.  ....What in the actual at this game....woooow...that was...something.  Coming to PC and Switch. 

2D game drawn artstyle game.  Minute of Islands, coming to Playstiaon, Xbox, PC and Switch.  And apparently it's out now for everything cept Xobx.

Moving on to Dying Light 2.  Dev just  'answering questions' about the game.

showing footage of the skate boaring game olli olli world.

showing a 2d story trailer for a game using animals for characters.   Called Tails of Iron, coming out on all platforms.

David Jaffe game coming up with a company called Movie Games.  Lust From Behind M Edition, Fire Commander, missed something on this...getting attacked by my son.

Akiba's Trip Helbound and Debriefed.  game being shown coming for ps4, Switch and PC,

card game shadowverse champions battle being shown.  coming to switch and PC

Story of Seasons game coming to PS4, Xbone and PC

Rune factory 4 special coming to PS4, xbone and PC

Rune Factory 5 coming to Switch

Batora Lost Haven gameplay being shown.  closed alpha on pc on 7/21

Two Point Campus being shown now.

Project Ferocious.  Dev talking about it at the moment. Showing a trailer for it.  Graphics for it looking reeeeally nice at the moment.   Showing environmental shots.  Looks like there are going to be dinosarus and this is first person shooter.  People shooting at each other with dinos around.  Uh...this was not what I was expecting but ok... Targeting 2023  coming to new gen and PC

WarCry Challenges, first person shooting game coming to PC this summer.

Looks like this game you play a peeper who's looking at things out ofh is window and looks like you see things that happen.  Chat is saying Rear Window the Game aaand that's about right  Conway disappearance at dahlia view  Coming Autumn 2021.

last game about a lady who's movies never released.  Game is called Immortality.  coming 2022 but...don't know what that was about but apparently someone who was involved with Silent Hills Shattered Memories is involved with this game.

Aaaand that's it.

Edited by Sonichuman
2 hours ago, iStu X said:

He’s a cop. Lol. I haven’t read GotG in a minute. So marvel likely did what they’ve been doing: the brand restructuring initiative they’re currently doing where a lot of the characters are more in line with the movies. 

which is exceedingly dumb to me. 

Oh you really haven't seen old Peter for a while. The backstory is still the same but they have moved his personality heavily toward the movie version.

6 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Guardians have an uphill battle to climb. The game definitely made a better first impression than Avengers but knowing how many people got burned on that game Guardians will get the side eye.

While I like MCU Peter I want to play as the Raccoon damn it

/facts 

Yall know how I feel about  Black Panther and even T'Challa cant' get me to pick up Avengers. GOTG looks like it will be a good game. It's probably going to pay for Avengers sins when it comes to sales though.

Schedule of stuff for tomorrow

• E3 Preshow – Monday, June 14 at 8am PT
  • Verizon presentation – Monday, June 14 at 9am PT
  • Intellivision – Monday, June 14 at 9:45am PT
  • Take-Two Interactive Panel – Monday, June 14 at 10:15am PT
  • Mythical Games presentation – Monday, June 14 at 11:10am PT
  • Indie Showcase – Monday, June 14 at 12pm PT
  • Freedom Games presentation – Monday, June 14 at 12:30pm PT
  • VENN – Monday, June 14 at 1pm PT
  • Capcom presentation – Monday, June 14 at 2:30pm PT
  • Razer E3 Keynote – Monday, June 14 at 3pm PT

There's a lot...and then...not really a lot at all tomorrow.  Take-Two and Capcom are the big ones and I have no idea what to expect out of everything else....especially Verizon.   What exactly is Verizon about to show?

Capcom I'm expecting Oro and Akira breakdowns followed by an announcement of the last character (if they aren't going to hold off until Evo..actually they'll probably hold off until Evo for this), Monster Hunter Rise and Stories 2 info, Maybe some RE8 DLC announcement other than Verse, and them showing Great Ace Attorney.  There was that leak that was a ways back...Assuming this leak is true then we're probably expecting some other RE announcement, probably a Dragon's Dogma 2 announcement and maybe REmake 4 and Powerstone.  The other titles in the leak are either too far off or the game that game before it isn't done yet (Street Fighter).

NPD for May 2021

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021/06/may_2021_npd_resident_evil_village_is_second_best-selling_game_of_2021

May sales were higher overall YoY after dip in April and despite people starting to be free from their homes.

Switch is still number #1 in hardware for the month in both dollars and units sold and also 2021 year to date.  RE 8 did reeeeally well.  Charted top for may over everything.  Days Gone PC release did crazy good things for the game...to the point that Mat even gave it a mention spot at #21 after it jumped from spot 247 last month. 

Top 20 for May:  RE8, Mass Effect: LE, MLB the Show 21, CoD:Blops CW, New Pokemon Snap (ok ok Stu...I'll take the L on this, Lesson learned...don't doubt Pokemon no matter what it is), MK 11,  MK8D, Returnal, AC: NH, Minecraft, CoD: MW 2019, Miles Morales, SM3DW+BF, Smash Ult, It Takes Two, Biomutant, Ass Creed Valhalla, MH: Rise, LoZ: BotW, Pokemon Sw/Sh, Days Gone

2021 Year to date:  CoD: Blops CW, RE8 (impressive), MLB The Show 21, SM3DW+BF, MH: Rise, Miles Morales, Outriders, MK8D, Ass Creed Valhalla, Minecraft

Sales for the last 12 months:  CoD: Blops CW, Dat Madden 21, Ass Creed Valhalla, LoU II, Miles Morales, GoTsu, AC: NH, SM3DAS, CoD MW 2019, NBA 2K21

Top 10 Nintendo: New Pokemon Snap, MK8D, AC: NH, SM3DW+BF, Smash Ult, MH: Rise, LoZ: BotW, Pokemon Sw/Sh, Miitopia, Super Mario Party

Top 10 Sony: RE8, MLB: The Show 21, Mass Effect: LE, CoD:Blops CW, Returnal, Miles Morales, MK11, Biomutant, CoD:MW 2019, It Takes Two, Ass Creed: Valhalla

Top 10 M$: RE8, Mass Effect: LE, CoD: Blops CW, MK 11, CoD: MW 2019, MLB The Show 21, It Takes Two, Ass Creed: Valhalla, Biomutant, Forza Horizon 4, UFC 4.

Side note: Mat also seems to be confused on why the FF remasters weren't announced for other platforms

Edited by Sonichuman

So yeah Verizon was mostly about how gaming on phones has changed and Woman's empowerment.  No game announcements or trailers or anything.  They did have an advertisement that showed what playing a Bethesda game would be like IRL.

So...we got Intellivision in 2 minutes.  Don't know what to expect from this either.

Maaan this Amico console is looking MIIIIGHTY FAMILIAR....

Edited by Sonichuman