Stage Select

The NRS Thread

3 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

MK will be slightly worse because of its more casual following

Yeah, it just sucks because kombat league won’t let you decline a match if it’s wifi. And all the combat league matches I played were rollback teleporting all over the place 

3 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Yeah, it just sucks because kombat league won’t let you decline a match if it’s wifi. And all the combat league matches I played were rollback teleporting all over the place 

You can opt out if the ping is over 150ms, but they definitely should expand that to allow you decline wifi no matter the ping. My worst match in MK11 was 149 ping wifi 🤣

Edited by Mattatsu
7 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

MK will be slightly worse because of its more casual following, but I’m sure a lot of games have a crazy amount of Wifi players, we just don’t know 

The game has a indicator to let you know what kind connection the player has. I always back out when I see a wifi warrior.

Edited by Hawkingbird
1 minute ago, Hawkingbird said:

The game has a indicator to let you know what kind connection the player has.

Yeah, I realize that. I meant we don’t know how many wifi players are in other games, because other games don’t let us know like MK does.

but yeah, I back out of nearly every wifi match that I can; unless the ping is really good, then may risk it. My wifi matches are usually fine if the ping is below 80

19 hours ago, KingTubb said:

Also everyone is on WiFi 

I've never been a part of a community where I have to explain to people why playing on wifi fucks up the experience for the other player if the connection is bad.

One guy on reddit was complaining that everyone told him is connection was bad and he couldn't figure out why (wifi warrior.)  Another guy was like, "Well why should I spend $10 for a cable when I can just play on wifi?" 😊🔫

On 10/23/2020 at 9:32 AM, Darc_Requiem said:

I wonder how many people watching Rambo vids will actually buy the game. That aside, have they confirmed his second fatality? I'd bet money it'll be a shot for shot take of him cutting out the villains heart in Last Blood.

Lots from what i have seen around on twitter and elsewhere. Rambo is easily the best done guest character in MK11 and has won over the guest character haters to boot.

spacer.png

I picked MK11 back up the other night, finished story mode and went through the Character tower with Shang Tsung. Hes a character whose variations seem a little more "complete" to me, at least the Warlock and Soul Eater variations, can't speak for the other one. Kano's are close-ish but it seems to me like Vegemighty should be one of his regular moves rather than only for Dirtbag. This game is legit fun.

Edited by DoctaMario

On the Rambo kombat kast yesterday, they mentioned that on the next one they're going to go over a gameplay update for MK11 Ultimate, and that it’s related to Variations. A lot of people on twitter think its likely a 4th tournament variation, but I hope it’s customs in ranked.

i could be reading too much into this, but when Stephanie was talking about how versatile Rambo is, she said something like “depending on the abilities you chose”. Custom variations have been a thing since launch in casual modes of course, but they usually seem to talk about tournament variations in these kasts, and again, i could be reading too much into this, but I feel like it’s normally more common for her to refer to the variation you pick, rather than abilities directly.

I think EC hit the nail on the head with what he said in his Rambo KC breakdown vid. A 4th tournament variation just feels like bloat to me, and it doesn't really solve the problem. Just gives you one more roll of the dice to see if you get a variation you like assuming the first 3 didn't grab ya.

Retooling the existing variations makes some sense and would at least shake some stuff up. Since this is almost certainly the last major update the game is going to get I could see them finally popping the limiters and letting people run amok with customs. Mileena KC shouldn't be too far off so we'll know more in a bit I suppose.