Stage Select

The NRS Thread

9 minutes ago, misterBee said:

Is this true?  PS5 version should be cross-play.

Sorry Bee, went back to playing Darc. I don’t think you can. I know KOTH crossplay doesn’t work between PS4 and XB, but I didn’t think the gen would matter as well.

I wonder how we can do this? I know you can setup a room, but I do not know how to invite people? Anyone know?

Wife is making me watch a movie. Should be free around 8

Edit: this movie is 2hours and 5 minutes. Fuck. I’ll be a little drunk as a result too. 

see ya jobronies around 9 

UPDATE: I kept falling asleep so my wife is letting me off the hook. Should be down to clown in a little bit. She’s making me a drink first. 

@Mattatsu@Darc_Requiem @GetTheTables@misterBee

if y’all Aren’t playing, that’s cool. 

Edited by KingTubb

@KingTubb i’m going to be quite a bit longer. I thought the main event was supposed to start at 9, but we watched 30 mins of pre-fight BS and then some random 12 round fight started. Now, it seems like there are another two fights before the fight we want to see so I  won’t free until much later, like probably after midnight. Sorry man. I’ll still be up to play after, but absolutely no worries if you’re done for the night. Anyways, i’ll tag you when I’m free.

Just got off work and yeah Jacqui has triple KB combos. Over 600 damage midscreen and costs no meter. Could conceivably happen in a match too if clinch KB is ready. If you need to cash out in the clutch she can lol.

Funny thing is that swapping the last KB for Fatal Blow only adds like 30 damage.

Punish w/ 33 (KB 1), f12, f12 xx Clinch 4>4>1 (KB 2 w/ all followups used), f12 xx Knee (KB 3 for 8 hit combo lol) 

604 damage, 635 if you amp the knee

7 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Okay that is lame 😑 Edit: @EvilCanadianCan't you talk to Ed Boon for us now that you are Hollywood 😉

Only companies that care about me are Team Ninja and SNK

everyone else spurns me, doubly so for warner bros cause im like 90% sure im blacklisted by them for leaking the S1 mk11 roster.

*edit*

well I didn't leak it, I reported on the leak rather. If I were to have the firsthand info myself I would never leak something that ain't cool.

Edited by EvilCanadian

Lol looks like I’ve been playing her incorrectly 🤣

The biggest reason I’m not using her setup abilities and doing shit like the above is that I can’t stand not having Air Ice Quake and a combo extender. But realistically even if I did play her like above I would’ve dropped the first D1 jail into S1 and ate a full combo lmao. 

Edit: The fact that I don’t have to play like the above and I can still do ok is why I like Frost though. You can play her a few different ways.

Edited by Vhozite
27 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

The fact that I don’t have to play like the above and I can still do ok is why I like Frost though. You can play her a few different ways.

Yeah... Mileena ain’t like that lol

i’ve been using Frost as my AI fighter lately so that hopefully when her classic ninja skin comes in the shop, i have some of the other items in the bundle to lower the cost, but she looks fun actually. I will try her out at some point.

speaking of the shop though, there are new mileena items in there and i’m 15 crystals away from affording the bundle... i hate this BS tbh. I pre-ordered the game and bought every update pack, but then they offer this stuff with no other way to get these without time crystals - plus all of of this Mileena stuff was in the game when KP2 came out (it was datamined). I wish i wasn't a sucker for this stuff, but those skins/gear look great. Thankfully i can play 5 sets in KL today and afford it, but I don’t really have the time today and what will be in the shop tomorrow? Lol

Edited by Mattatsu

The more I play this game the more I begin to dislike it. The meta has completely devolved into who has the safest mid staggers and most low/overhead mixup options. You can out-footsie someone for the entire round, get knocked down once, and you're in the blender until you lose because every time you guess wrong on a low/overhead/stagger you're launched for another combo, rinse and repeat. This game needs a get-the-fuck-of-off-me mechanic more than anything.

Lol literally exactly how I playFrost.

dash in b12 into safe special/stagger or conform into microburst full combo. Rinse repeat with some anti airs and projectiles sprinkled in. 

10 minutes ago, Volta said:

This game needs a get-the-fuck-of-off-me mechanic more than anything.

Yeah this game could really do with something like a basic DP. I feel like flawless block attacks are supposed serve that function but it’s not the same. 

6 minutes ago, Volta said:

The more I play this game the more I begin to dislike it. The meta has completely devolved into who has the safest mid staggers and most low/overhead mixup options. You can out-footsie someone for the entire round, get knocked down once, and you're in the blender until you lose because every time you guess wrong on a low/overhead/stagger you're launched for another combo, rinse and repeat. This game needs a get-the-fuck-of-off-me mechanic more than anything.

Yeah, i don’t think the breakaway mechanic is the best “combo breaker” tool. I feel like they didn’t want the goofy-looking interactions of the old combo breakers (which is why i think they got rid of neutral jump punch launchers as well), as well as they wanted to introduce the armor breaks to bring a bigger emphasis on the breakaway mindgame, but yeah, i think the old combo breaker system would have been a better... but actually, not really in the way you mean, but as the offender... I think it’s BS someone can breakaway out of your combo and full-combo punish you. Plus, they get up 4 frames faster now too.

Also, i don’t feel like the meta you mentioned is anything new tbh. If anything, i think the changes to the D1/3/4 pokes have made it a little less oppressive if you block them, and there are quite a few wakeup options to stop the pressure (U3s and forward rolls being the most obvious). Yeah, they’re punishable if the opponent has the read, but I mean, they did earn the knockdown... I actually think the wakeup system is too kind to the person on the floor.

18 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Lol literally exactly how I playFrost.

dash in b12 into safe special/stagger or conform into microburst full combo. Rinse repeat with some anti airs and projectiles sprinkled in. 

Yeah this game could really do with something like a basic DP. I feel like flawless block attacks are supposed serve that function but it’s not the same. 

That’s how I play kitana too, lol. B2 is 0 OB. I either do that into a tick throw or cancel into a low fan. Or I get into B231 and go into the D2 overhead or cancel into the low fan, or lift if the string hits. I also sometimes cancel into low fan before the 1 attacks come out lol. Kitana is definitely a beast in neutral with the B231 string alone and low fan equipped. Especially when she has meter.

and good point about the flawless block mechanic. I find that hard asf to use. I was so hyped about it pre-launch (thinking it would be similar to 3S), but i feel like the input window is too tight, and i don't like having to mash U2 or U3 after it... I think upping the input window to like 5 in MK11 across the board would be great, plus if there was a bit of a screen-freeze when it occurs (like in 3S) and a special sound effect (there is one, but i don’t think it stands out enough), to allow you to adapt easier, i think that would be better, and make it look flashier too tbh

Edited by Mattatsu
2 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

Yeah, i don’t think the breakaway mechanic is the best “combo breaker” tool. I feel like they didn’t want the goofy-looking interactions of the old combo breakers (which is why i think they got rid of neutral jump punch launchers as well), as well as they wanted to introduce the armor breaks to bring a bigger emphasis on the breakaway mindgame, but yeah, i think the old combo breaker system would have been a better... but actually, not really in the way you mean, but as the offender... I think it’s BS someone can breakaway out of your combo and full-combo punish you. Plus, they get up 4 frames faster now too.

Also, i don’t feel like the meta you mentioned is anything new tbh. If anything, i think the changes to the D1/3/4 pokes have made it a little less oppressive if you block them, and there are quite a few wakeup options to stop the pressure (U3s and forward rolls being the most obvious). Yeah, they’re punishable if the opponent has the read, but I mean, they did earn the knockdown... I actually think the wakeup system is too kind to the person on the floor.

I dislike the breakaway system as well. It turns yet another situation into a 50/50 because you have to guess whether or not your opponent will burn the meter. I think the wakeup system is fine the way it is; U3 is so risky you barely ever see it in high-level matches and rolls can be grabbed, punished and you have to spend two bars on top of that.

The blocking system makes -7 staggers so damn annoying, they're basically fake frame traps that you can't blow up because unlike in other games you can't hit a button while in blockstun for a basic block/attack option select. By the time you confirmed that the opponent staggered his hit and you let go of block he already started his second string. This would be manageable if you had a true reversal, but alas. I know this is typical NRS fare and how MK games have worked since the series' inception, but that doesn't stop it from annoying me.

Edited by Volta
2 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

Lol forward rolls are straight busted. They dial their combo and get full combo punished for the gross sin of trying to meaty. Forward roll should cost an offensive and defensive bar. And yeah the fact that you have more options with your face in the dirt then you do on your feet is dumb as shit.

Honestly this game reminds a lot of SFV but more extreme and with different frames. -7 is this games -2

Edited by Vhozite

Can you not use U2/U3 after delay getup? I’m constantly trying to find ways around this games defensive options and I never noticed this before today. 

@Mattatsuwhats your Kitana loadout?

I was messing with the princess and while I still think Half-Blood stance/Nado is good I kind of want something that gives her more offensive options. I kind of like Ground War and Fan-Nado, but I’m not sure about the other options. Low Fan is pretty trash on hit, and I can’t tell if flutters are a gimmick or something with legit applications.