Stage Select

The NRS Thread

8 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

I warned you about letting Aussies in. 😉

Don't let the "friendly forum owner" persona fool you. Bee can be a savage motherfucker.

I mean that as a compliment.

He decimated with me with using nothing but an overhead, a low kick, a crouching punch, and throws for like 80% of the match 🤣

Edited by Mattatsu

So now that I’ve finally played a match, imma jump to conclusions:

-I really like the general gameplay of this game

-Cetrion has one of her tournament variations that had a teleport And a trap move thing:

Workaholics GIF
-a lot of her zoning moves are slow as hell (but hit mid):

angry ron swanson GIF

-Sheeva is cool too. Don’t have a clue how to play either of these characters. 

I genuinely enjoy everything about this game except the presentation. The gratuitous violence wears thin pretty quick. I don’t really like the way the game looks, Including the fact that I had the thought “Sheeva’s butt is kinda nice” 

That’s actually when I knew I had played enough for the night. 

OH YEAH! almost forgot. The netcode is bitchin’. I’m gonna be playing all y’all Sonzabitches. I’m gonna in hard on this shit. 

Edited by KingTubb
6 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

I genuinely enjoy everything about this game except the presentation.

I read this as "...except the penetration." Which amusingly enough still applies even though it sounds way more filthy.

GGs man. For barely having played the game you did well even if it doesn't show on the W/L. I was constantly having to adapt to keep up. Once you get some combos down I won't be able to skate though some of those closer rounds. And just like any game it takes a bit to get used to stuff like mix ups, punishes, wake ups. I still suck at a lot of that.

I share your feelings with the game. The moment to moment game play can be a lot of fun - I really like how much movement there can be - but the game could really stand to get out of its own way with some of the presentation. 

Also yeah it is really nice to play a game that just plain runs well online. Hoping Strive has a similar experience. 

Looking forward to playing more in the future. I think you were onto something with Sheeva. 😁

20 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

also, holding a button to block is wack. I got lit up so often cause I kept forgetting lol. 

Yeah, i’m not the biggest fan of holding a button to block. I like that it eliminates proximity guard bullshit, but it’s still annoying pressing the button, and I’d prefer to just hold back (though if MK were to do that, things like scorpion’s teleport would have to be slowed down/nerfed quite a bit)

3 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Sheva. She has a grappler variant. 

Robocop is more of a grappler than sheeva is, he actually has a variation with a mid hitting command grab.

Sheeva was sold as a grappler, but isn't one.

Of the 3 new chars, either Mileena or more likely Rambo will have a command grab variation. Rambo just might be quasi grappler from the get go.

There isn't really any archetype grappler in the game, I suppose Geras could be called a grappler, but no one picks the command grab variation because Quicksand is just too good to give up. 

To follow up on that, Geras is really, really strong. I can beat some people with my scrub Geras that I struggle against with my Sub.

Edited by Volta
3 hours ago, Volta said:

There isn't really any archetype grappler in the game, I suppose Geras could be called a grappler, but no one picks the command grab variation because Quicksand is just too good to give up. 

To follow up on that, Geras is really, really strong. I can beat some people with my scrub Geras that I struggle against with my Sub.

Grappler in the SF sense yeah there's no true grapplers in MK11. Closest are Grundy and Bane from injustice as far as NRS games go.

Geras has quicksand pit in all his variations(just different takes on the move depending on the variation)! 2 of the 3 have the grab and its one of the best grabs in the game. Not like the old days where it was only the one variation his grab variations do get picked often now.

I got hopes for rambo, even though every dummy in the world whose never actually watched any of the movies thinks hes a gun guy(maybe, go watch the first 3 movies if you think that, when its time to murk fools its with a knife or a bow) I think he will probably have a grappler variation. Probably something like 1) grappling 2) traps 3) green-arrow lite with the bow.

3 minutes ago, EvilCanadian said:

I got hopes for rambo, even though every dummy in the world whose never actually watched any of the movies thinks hes a gun guy(maybe, go watch the first 3 movies if you think that, when its time to murk fools its with a knife or a bow) I think he will probably have a grappler variation. Probably something like 1) grappling 2) traps 3) green-arrow lite with the bow.

If I can't slink out of a wall of mud and stab a dude in the chest then all of MK11 was a gigantic waste.

1 hour ago, EvilCanadian said:

Geras has quicksand pit in all his variations(just different takes on the move depending on the variation)! 2 of the 3 have the grab and its one of the best grabs in the game. Not like the old days where it was only the one variation his grab variations do get picked often now.

Quicksand is much better than Sand Trap though, it does more damage, has an easy KB, can't be interrupted by projectiles and leaves you right next to them. I haven't kept up with the tournament scene, but I was under the impression that Infinite Warden is still the go-to variation among pro players?

Edited by Volta
17 minutes ago, Volta said:

Quicksand is much better than Sand Trap though, it does more damage, has an easy KB, can't be interrupted by projectiles and leaves you right next to them. I haven't kept up with the tournament scene, but I was under the impression that Infinite Warden is still the go-to variation among pro players?

Nobody uses infinite warden anymore.

Its all about variation 3 which has the sand statue which is teleport OK, defensive tool, and combo extender

also has the command grab.

Also people finally started understanding New Era better which I preferred from the start. Infinite warden had the most damage, but the least amount of options, its the least used variation now overall.

Edited by EvilCanadian