Stage Select

The NRS Thread

3 hours ago, Volta said:

And yeah, the long throw animations are really vexing, especially Kotal's and Erron's. 

Erron has probably the most obnoxious throw animation in any FG I’ve played. It’s like a fucking looney toons gag reel that you know is supposed to piss off the person getting thrown. 

Kotal’s amp’ed grab is definitely another ridiculous one, but I played him strictly to troll people with grabs and sun ray damage anyway. 

On 11/2/2020 at 8:12 AM, KingTubb said:

My hitbox is such a hefty boy that if I managed that, I wouldn't even be mad. I'd walk around like a Big Dick Danny for a day and a half.

So you, Frames, and I all play on a hitbox, huh? We gonna have to have a good ol fashioned tech swap meet at some point

I have a hitbox myself that I got while I was playing Samsho competitively and while I have a couple really nice sticks, I think stick is an inferior way to play FGs now. Better than pad, but hitbox is so much better imo.  

2 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

I agree, but I like how sticks look. I know it’s just vanity, but it’s important. 

that’s why I still have a couple sticks laying around. That and for beat-em-ups and some other games here and there 

I had a lot of fun playing Megaman on stick... I wish I still had one tbh.

I do think sticks feel better for movement. It’s more intuitive as in it feels more natural and in a weird way, I feel like I connect with my character better, but I prefer the precision I get with Hitboxes. I can’t imagine playing a fighting with anything else but a HB now, but any other game that doesn’t need a two analog sticks (3D adventure games, FPS’s, etc) would be preferred on stick for me, over controller or HB.

1 hour ago, KingTubb said:

I agree, but I like how sticks look. I know it’s just vanity, but it’s important. 

that’s why I still have a couple sticks laying around. That and for beat-em-ups and some other games here and there 

Other than 360s and tiger knee motions everything is harder on stick than hitbox. I only see shmups as a reason to use a stick anymore. Tbh I wish I could mod my Quanba Dragon into hitbox. That thing is top to bottom amazing, but it's still a stick 😂

Edited by DoctaMario

So, unless i cant figure it out, with that Ps4 system update that did a missive makeover of the party options a few weeks ago, you can no longer make a private party by yourself, muting in-game mics... RIP random MK11 play.

edit: apparently, you can send a party invite to any friend, even if they’re offline and it works the same, so i’ll just befriend my alt PS4 account and use that

Edited by Mattatsu
10 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

@GetTheTables @KingTubb or anyone else, I’m up and available tonight for games if any of you guys are.

also, if you want to start a private party with my PlusFrames_ PSN at any time so you can mute in-game mics, go right ahead.

Probably won't be able to make tonight. Got a date. 😎 

If it falls through/ends up being a shitshow and I'm around though I'll definitely be up for games.

Custom Variations will now be tournament legal in Ultimate! Though there may be some (only a few) moves that are outright banned in competetive-play.

inconsistent hitboxes (especially on crouching opponents) have been made more consistent across the cast

hop attacks will be immune to low attacks (like D1s), which makes these low attacks easier to deal with (even though hop attacks aren’t the fastest thing)

getup attacks will be a little faster, which I’m not sure if this is good. I do think wakeup options are a bit too strong. This sounds like maybe a buff to them.

fatal blows will have less pushback on block, making them easier to punish

flawless blocks will have a 6 frame window, making them easier to do (note: 3S blue parries are 7 frames)

Edit:

Edited by Mattatsu
3 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

@Mattatsufucking finally. I called it like a year ago that custom variations were gonna be held back as future “content”. Between this and nerfed wake up I might actually get back into this game. 

Yeah, i’m going to play it a lot more now. I really wanted to tinker with customs but never saw the point... i have a mean custom sindel i can finally lab now though

also, my custom kitana is nice too, but it uses the mileena stance which seems odd now. I’ve been meaning to try her AA fam toss, apparently that opens up her combo potential as it keeps them in the air for a bit (like MkX fans)

Edited by Mattatsu
10 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Yeah, i’m going to play it a lot more now. I really wanted to tinker with customs but never saw the point... i have a mean custom sindel i can finally lab now though

also, my custom kitana is nice too, but it uses the mileena stance which seems odd now. I’ve been meaning to try her AA fam toss, apparently that opens up her combo potential as it keeps them in the air for a bit (like MkX fans)

Kitana has a couple moves that are unused in her tournament variations. I’ve never used it but AI fighter Kitana *really* like up fans for combos so who knows. Tbh I’m looking forward to Low Fan/Ground War/Twist (the overhead special). 50/50’s baby. Sai stance with lift is something else I’m eager to try. They’re also nerfing the shit out of razors so between that and customs Kitana is basically gonna be a new character in ultimate. 

Frost bomb head (pause) with her combo extender special. Jade Deadly Assassin strings with Glow and armor razors. Kotal with command grab and totems. 

This game just got way more interesting. 

Edit: Also lol at Netherrealm banning moves. These guys will do anything but actually adjust the broken moves directly lmao. Took them a damn year to nerf Edenian Razors. 

Edited by Vhozite
11 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

And get a full punish. I need to get my bnb’s down and we’ll have to play again. Katana’s krushing blow overhead is bullshit 

Yeah, that caught you too many times. I don’t know if going from crouch blocking to stand blocking is instant like it is in SF. Really, you can stand block after the sweep, and then there’s still two more mids that come out before the overhead, so you have enough time. Against Fan-Fare, this is fine, but with my custom with the low fan toss, I can cancel from that second mid into a low for a few points of damage

16 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

don’t know if going from crouch blocking to stand blocking is instant like it is in SF

I really don’t think it is. It might be salt, or my scrubbiness, but I swear I got caught in the 4-5 frame stand up animation a couple times. 

edit: but to call a spade a spade, Sheeva’s stomp is bullshit how it tracks and the way it trades. It’s a broken move 

Edited by KingTubb
50 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

I really don’t think it is. It might be salt, or my scrubbiness, but I swear I got caught in the 4-5 frame stand up animation a couple times. 

edit: but to call a spade a spade, Sheeva’s stomp is bullshit how it tracks and the way it trades. It’s a broken move 

Her stomp is definitely a scrubby move, I can't remember if you could normal block it in MK3 or not. Can you flawless block it? 

6 hours ago, M A R T I A N said:

That's why you backdash then, which every character can do 

Some characters' backdash doesn't cover enough ground to reliably escape it either. With Sub Zero, your only option is to pick his Avalanche variation and use Arctic Trap and D4 to lower your hurtbox. Even then, that's hit and miss.

3 minutes ago, Volta said:

Some characters' backdash doesn't cover enough ground to reliably escape it either. With Sub Zero, your only option is to pick his Avalanche variation and use Arctic Trap and D4 to lower your hurtbox. Even then, that's hit and miss.

Sub Zero can literally ice slide out of the way. 

Every character in the game can backdash it. If Sheeva delays, just backdash twice. 

It's not as reliable, but you can also just D2 it. Or use whatever upper your character has. 

It's really not hard to punish once you understand the timing.