Stage Select

The Star Wars Thread: Where we discuss ALL of Star Wars

What I am saying is the Jedi Order during the old Republic is the Catholic Church.
And Ahsoka left to start to start "Presbyterianism", she no longer Jedi .

Like if you left the Catholic Church you can stop considering your self Catholic and consider your self part of what ever church you join/started. 

26 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

What I am saying is the Jedi Order during the old Republic is the Catholic Church.
And Ahsoka left to start to start "Presbyterianism", she no longer Jedi .

Like if you left the Catholic Church you can stop considering your self Catholic and consider your self part of what ever church you join/started. 

Right but you are still Christian because you still follow the general outline and word of God. Christian is the Religion. Catholicism is the denomination. You can quit Catholicism but if you still believe in god then you are still a Christian. So a Jedi leaving the Jedi Order but still practicing the basic tenants  of the Order would still be a Jedi in faith. Ahsoka is technically a Jedi in faith as she still uses that faith, she's just not a member of the denomination anymore. It's just harder to put into words because the only other Force Denomination that's canon excepted is Sith. To be frank with you, imo, during the Empires rule is probably the time when other Jedi Denominations would form in the universe because The Force is still around just the Jedi are gone. Someone out in space could easily tap The Force and draw their own conclusions about it and form their own world view around it. 

I'm not really arguing where Ahsoka stands tho she really is still mostly a Jedi, a Protestant Jedi if you will, but anyway Im arguing the existance of Grey Jedi. It can absolutly exist in canon, there is 0 reason it couldn't it just takes someone out there to do it and name it just like Protestants did to Catholicism. 

Jedi is ultimately a religion so in the end it really boils down to faith, and faith can be enterpreted many ways by many people. 

Saying Grey Jedi is impossible is just narrow minded and closes off nuanced viewpoints about The Force from being writen because it HAS to be Black and White. It really doesn't. 

But then I'd also argue the Anti-Grey Jedi group is some 15 to 20 years too God damn late to really have opinion about it. Same for cloning. Like I'm sorry, I get you think it's stupid but your well over 20 years too late to be complaining about Palpatine doing the fucking obvious thing and cloning himself. 

Edited by RSG3
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First episode of Bad Batch was great.

Spoiler

It was pretty cool that the first 15 minutes is Kanan's origin story. How the show decepited those events is different from how it was in his comic. 

We have Tarkin to blame for shitty ass Stormtroopers. Prejudice and budget cuts is why we have no clones in the OT. Empire shot itself in the foot from day one. 

I'm not feeling Omega right now. She's very tagalong kid right now. She better get better.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I'll pass judgement when they announce who the director is. That's gonna determine whether or not she will be a good fit. 

I need more than that. Who is heading up the project? If its not Favreau or Filoni, then I'm not interested. Because outside of them, Disney can't write a strong female character for shit. Even when they are redoing a character they got right in the past. cough cough Milan cough cough...

3 hours ago, DarkSakul said:

Is she still hired by Disney? 

Most of the problems with Star Wars a currently the result of her decision making. I mean the whole Gina Carano situation was her latest fuck up. Honestly, the way thing seems to been going recently, it may have ultimately been the last straw for her. Disney is still feeling the backlash from that one. 

https://www.slashfilm.com/rangers-of-the-new-republic-update/

The Mando spin-off, Rangers of the New Republic is no longer in production. However LucasFilms has not outright cancelled it

Also, the article mentions that Filoni’s promotion actually happened last summer but LucasFilm just didn’t update their corporate page until the other day because reasons. 

Edited by iStu X

Just caught up on Bad Batch. Omega is kind of super fucking annoying and makes me not interested in the show. I hope they actually develop her more. I mean, I’m sure they will as the series continues and we’re only 4 episodes in. I don’t know, just to me she doesn’t really have a point of being on the show. 

i trust space sheriff filoni though 

Edited by iStu X
13 hours ago, DarkSakul said:

Rian Johnson isn't attached 

I was just stating that he'd likely still be around the galaxy far, far, away. 

6 hours ago, Wellman said:

Yeah, after all the flack he got for TLJ he basically has bounced like those GoT dudes from the franchise. He also got nice pay day from Knives Out and Netflix buying out the sequel

He was in conversations with Filoni and seen on set during the filming of his episodes of The Mandalorian. Disney took the GoT press release down once things went south with those guys. His is still up.  The same is also true with Rangers of the New Republic.

I have full confidence in a project written or directed by Rian Johnson with Filoni being at the creative helm.

Edited by OPTIMUS124