Stage Select

The Star Wars Thread: Where we discuss ALL of Star Wars

I liked the Nanomachines although I wished I he'd use the explanation more sparingly, but it made sense in their tech based world.

There's still that unexplained supernatural element in there tho, I don't think they explained how The Sorrow became a ghost who developed powers to fuck with the living. EDIT: Fortune also had latent psychic abilities independent of tech too right before she died

MGS is Technology and supernatural bullshit clashing in harmony, I'm good with it lol 

Edited by HD-Man
5 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

The nanomachines were dumb in some many instances. Like when Naomi shut down her nanos that put her cancer into remission to kill herself. Cancer does not move that fast wtf

Maybe she was like an inch from death when she got the injections so as soon as she removed the machines she went right back to that state and died. Atleast that's my weird head canon 

Personally I don't care about the Nanomachines explination because Kojimas actual commentary was never about Nanomachines themselves but about the effect of tech on War. That's why most his weird shit never had an explination to begin with, it wasn't the point, his attention was squarely focuse on a different subject. 

And also because Metal Gear is a soap opera for men so asspulls are to be expected after a certain amount of time. 

1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

Maybe she was like an inch from death when she got the injections so as soon as she removed the machines she went right back to that state and died. Atleast that's my weird head canon 

There is no explaining that shit. Snake associating with her at all after she infected him with Fox Die is grade A bullshit. 

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

There is no explaining that shit. Snake associating with her at all after she infected him with Fox Die is grade A bullshit. 

Not really. Snake was never the type to hold a grudge. Not against Frank or even Big Boss who did him the ultimate dirty. Snake always knew how to put himself in someone else's shoes and understand their motivations. He may not be friends whith her but he wouldn't pass on her expertise when innocent lives are on the line. That would be the Grade A bullshit move from Snake imo.

Edited by RSG3
51 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Not really. Snake was never the type to hold a grudge. Not against Frank or even Big Boss who did him the ultimate dirty. Snake always knew how to put himself in someone else's shoes and understand their motivations. He may not be friends whith her but he wouldn't pass on her expertise when innocent lives are on the line. That would be the Grade A bullshit move from Snake imo.

It's not like her treachery couldn't cause him to drop dead at any moment like Liquid or anything.

9 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

It's not like her treachery couldn't cause him to drop dead at any moment like Liquid or anything.

Something he made peace with. I never said he liked it, I even pointed out they don't really get along. He just knows to put the world before himself.os all.i am really saying. He would work with her if it's for the betterment of others, on a large enough scale anyway. 

14 hours ago, RSG3 said:

And also because Metal Gear is a soap opera for men so asspulls are to be expected after a certain amount of time. 

As a life long fan of serial fiction who watches soap operas on days off and reads comic books (Western and manga), nano machines are not even the top twenty ass pull explanations for bullshit I have seen or read. Although real talk a particular character punching a dimensional barrier so hard that it resurrected another character in another dimension still is my personal "You made us all dumber by introducing this element" even if I do like the character they brought back and how he fits.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Agreed. It didn't get off to a strong start.

Hide contents

There better be a pay off with the Sand People after all the time they spent there.  It was cool seeing how get got out of the Sarlac Pit though.

Spoiler

Was it though? He just punched a whole through part of it and used his flame thrower. 

that’s dumb to me. 😂

also the fight choreography during the ambush scene was so fucking god awful. 

On 12/29/2021 at 7:57 PM, Hawkingbird said:

I enjoyed the first episode. This show will likely be a slow burn like the Mandalorian. 

I think this show will exceed the Mandalorian. At least from the onset, this doesn't appear to be a fetch quest. The only thing that I think Mando's got over this is the fight choreography. The start of that one scene gave me some Taken 3 fence vibes.  

It was fine. 

Spoiler

It didn't have the spectacle that the first episode of Mando had with it's shoot out and Baby reveal but the escape plus the multiple armed sand creature were cool. See Bobba so clearly not know the rules of his new position now annoying to watch and I hope they make that story  line better cause at this point I feel like Shan would be the better leader for a crime organization.

2 hours ago, Wellman said:

It was fine. 

Hide contents

It didn't have the spectacle that the first episode of Mando had with it's shoot out and Baby reveal but the escape plus the multiple armed sand creature were cool. See Bobba so clearly not know the rules of his new position now annoying to watch and I hope they make that story  line better cause at this point I feel like Shan would be the better leader for a crime organization.

Regarding your spoiler

Spoiler

I promise you that's where it's going to ultimately end up. 

So am I the only one...

Spoiler

That thinks the Tuskan in all black is a woman? I could be wrong but something about the way they move gives me that impression. Boba's flashback with the Tuskans was highly entertaining. I almost didn't want to have any of the run time taken up by the present. Single handedly bopping a speeder gang, jacking their speeders, teaching the Tuskan's how to use them, and then jacking a train "stage coach" style. Sign me up for more of that.

32 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

So am I the only one...

Hide contents

That thinks the Tuskan in all black is a woman? I could be wrong but something about the way they move gives me that impression. Boba's flashback with the Tuskans was highly entertaining. I almost didn't want to have any of the run time taken up by the present. Single handedly bopping a speeder gang, jacking their speeders, teaching the Tuskan's how to use them, and then jacking a train "stage coach" style. Sign me up for more of that.

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest. All the points you mentioned gave me the same vibe. 

Also, kudo to the fact that Boba Fett is now more menacing without the dented helmet. 

I missed this but I just found it out.

Spoiler

The bar Boba goes into is Tosche Station and the two humans he saves are Luke's friends Camie and Fixer. The characters originally appeared in Episode IV but were in a deleted scene. Camie is apparently Luke's childhood crush. Favreau knows his shit. It's fucking awesome when someone that cares about Star Wars makes Star Wars. People figured it out due to the subtitles. Since their names aren't said aloud. Here is a pic from the deleted scene. 

Luke               Fixer        Camie         Biggs 

e9263df3-64ba-4a64-a57f-e2b81a48aadc-left-luke-fixer-camie-biggs-in-a-deleted-scene-from-star-wars-a-new-hope-right-mark-hami.thumb.jpeg.242eb580c2057e14e70db3214234f0cb.jpeg

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Getting back to the characters I won't name.

Spoiler

They even had the same exact attire as the original actors in the deleted scene. They even styled their hair the same way. That's attention to detail. More over, they even designed the set to look the same as the original  Tosche Station set.

img_8724-1024x737.jpg

More pics at the link

https://bespinbulletin.com/2021/12/tosche-station-to-appear-in-the-book-of-boba-fett/

Edited by Darc_Requiem
22 hours ago, Wellman said:

I will say this, these Star Wars shows tell you dudes are fans/detail focused nerds in charge. They really didn't need to do all that but they did and for fans or people that appreciate this sort of call back the program is better for it.

I'm cool with fan-service done right. It's when you have a thing in the thing to remind you that we remembered that thing is what annoys me.  

Edited by OPTIMUS124

This most recent ep felt more like it was building something to say the least. I didn't find the "bigger" action sequence all that interesting. I would like to seeing what's next though but I have a feeling that it's not going to do anything mind-blowing. I just hope there are a few surprises in the next few eps. 

That said, I'm ready to get away from this "era" of Star Wars. So far, my favorite new story (outside of the main films)  is Jedi: Fallen Order. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124

While I enjoyed parts of it, Episode 3 was the weakest in the season thus far. I see where they are going and if they stick the landing it will really pay off but they really need to stick the landing. The "high speed" chase seemed like anything but. Black Krrsantan's sequence could have been done better. The average wookie is strong. Krrsantan isn't average. He's expectational and he has enhancements. The way the fight was choreographed, Boba should have died three times over. 

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

While I enjoyed parts of it, Episode 3 was the weakest in the season thus far. I see where they are going and if they stick the landing it will really pay off but they really need to stick the landing. The "high speed" chase seemed like anything but. Black Krrsantan's sequence could have been done better. The average wookie is strong. Krrsantan isn't average. He's expectational and he has enhancements. The way the fight was choreographed, Boba should have died three times over. 

I feel the same way. That chase seemed like people were on a Sunday cruise. 

. . . and that fight.

Spoiler

I was expecting a bacta flashback 🤣.When he popped back up in the chamber like Rico Sauve . . . .

huh-confused.gif

Edited by OPTIMUS124
14 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

I'm fine with the era we're in...but can we please stay off a desert planet for once? 🤣

You're on a desert planet because that's how Star Wars works 🤣.

I do believe that staying where we are holds the saga back. You're waiting for your favorite toy to come out of the toy chest at any moment. Yeah, it gets hype levels to maximum, but the narrative relies on nostalgia. If they were to continue, I'd rather have stories that dive into other parts of the Galaxy that we really haven't seen without it being a fetch quest.

Edited by OPTIMUS124