Stage Select

The Star Wars Thread: Where we discuss ALL of Star Wars

I liked the Nanomachines although I wished I he'd use the explanation more sparingly, but it made sense in their tech based world.

There's still that unexplained supernatural element in there tho, I don't think they explained how The Sorrow became a ghost who developed powers to fuck with the living. EDIT: Fortune also had latent psychic abilities independent of tech too right before she died

MGS is Technology and supernatural bullshit clashing in harmony, I'm good with it lol 

Edited by HD-Man
5 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

The nanomachines were dumb in some many instances. Like when Naomi shut down her nanos that put her cancer into remission to kill herself. Cancer does not move that fast wtf

Maybe she was like an inch from death when she got the injections so as soon as she removed the machines she went right back to that state and died. Atleast that's my weird head canon 

Personally I don't care about the Nanomachines explination because Kojimas actual commentary was never about Nanomachines themselves but about the effect of tech on War. That's why most his weird shit never had an explination to begin with, it wasn't the point, his attention was squarely focuse on a different subject. 

And also because Metal Gear is a soap opera for men so asspulls are to be expected after a certain amount of time. 

1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

Maybe she was like an inch from death when she got the injections so as soon as she removed the machines she went right back to that state and died. Atleast that's my weird head canon 

There is no explaining that shit. Snake associating with her at all after she infected him with Fox Die is grade A bullshit. 

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

There is no explaining that shit. Snake associating with her at all after she infected him with Fox Die is grade A bullshit. 

Not really. Snake was never the type to hold a grudge. Not against Frank or even Big Boss who did him the ultimate dirty. Snake always knew how to put himself in someone else's shoes and understand their motivations. He may not be friends whith her but he wouldn't pass on her expertise when innocent lives are on the line. That would be the Grade A bullshit move from Snake imo.

Edited by RSG3
51 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Not really. Snake was never the type to hold a grudge. Not against Frank or even Big Boss who did him the ultimate dirty. Snake always knew how to put himself in someone else's shoes and understand their motivations. He may not be friends whith her but he wouldn't pass on her expertise when innocent lives are on the line. That would be the Grade A bullshit move from Snake imo.

It's not like her treachery couldn't cause him to drop dead at any moment like Liquid or anything.

9 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

It's not like her treachery couldn't cause him to drop dead at any moment like Liquid or anything.

Something he made peace with. I never said he liked it, I even pointed out they don't really get along. He just knows to put the world before himself.os all.i am really saying. He would work with her if it's for the betterment of others, on a large enough scale anyway. 

14 hours ago, RSG3 said:

And also because Metal Gear is a soap opera for men so asspulls are to be expected after a certain amount of time. 

As a life long fan of serial fiction who watches soap operas on days off and reads comic books (Western and manga), nano machines are not even the top twenty ass pull explanations for bullshit I have seen or read. Although real talk a particular character punching a dimensional barrier so hard that it resurrected another character in another dimension still is my personal "You made us all dumber by introducing this element" even if I do like the character they brought back and how he fits.

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Oh. Ooooooh.....huh. 

Yeah, it got me, too. My buddy sent me the link saying it was real and I watched it kinda in a hurry and then posted it because I was so hype and I didn't vet it first. God damn though, can you imagine? That would be the sickest Star Wars shit.

5 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Okay this Kathleen Kennedy situation needs to be resolved. How can you keep hiring directors and constantly butting heads with them? YOU hired them. If I hear "creative differences" one more time. 😑

Lol what now bro?