Stage Select

The Star Wars Thread: Where we discuss ALL of Star Wars

1 hour ago, iStu X said:
  Hide contents

When the best episode of book of Fett has literally nothing to do with the character. 😂

This

Spoiler

is the way

Sidenote, Bryce Dallas Howard was also the director of the episode. 

32 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

I...have words once the series is over...I like Boba Fett...but things just aren't where I expected them to be. 

Honestly he talks to much. The amount of dialogue in this episode helped. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124
40 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

This

Reveal hidden contents

is the way

Sidenote, Bryce Dallas Howard was also the director of the episode. 

Honestly he talks to much. The amount of dialogue in this episode helped. 

I think that is because Disney wants to differentiate Boba from Mando.

Otherwise it will be Mando 2.0, or 0.5? 🤔.

The Mandalorian is basically what Boba was before.

Speaking of that.

Spoiler

I find curious that MAndo and the other Mando where having problems using the dark saber, while in previous meda we have seen people using it without any kind of issue 😅

It sems inconsistent, but at the same time, i am curious to where are they going with that.

Also, I was talking with my brother with how cool would be if the Bad Batch were to make an appearance on Mando season 3

Just now, Psychoblue said:

I finished Mandolorian today, it was everything I've heard.  It was so refreshing after the mess of the last trilogy.

Why are people hating on Book of Boba Fett?  I also thought it was weird he was brought back like that but it was cool that Jango's actor was still hanging in there. 

The series has been not what people expected from a series focused on Boba, mostly due his characterization and some elements that a portion of the viewers feel is not very star wars.

Personally, i don't mind the characterization, since i became interested on the SW universe with the animated series and the Force Unleashed games, so i don't have the same image that people had of Boba, but i can understand their dissapointment.

With that context, i have felt that this series has been meh compared to The Mandalorian, but not offensively bad, just a 6 maybe a 7.

Now, this last episode was really good, and i am hoping is a glimpse of the series getting its stride into a better shape.

Just now, Hecatom said:

The series has been not what people expected from a series focused on Boba, mostly due his characterization and some elements that a portion of the viewers feel is not very star wars.

Personally, i don't mind the characterization, since i became interested on the SW universe with the animated series and the Force Unleashed games, so i don't have the same image that people had of Boba, but i can understand their dissapointment.

With that context, i have felt that this series has been meh compared to The Mandalorian, but not offensively bad, just a 6 maybe a 7.

Now, this last episode was really good, and i am hoping is a glimpse of the series getting its stride into a better shape.

I feel ya.  Star Wars never made it past "a fun watch" for me but I can respect not wanting to feel insulted with each passing scene.  

Hoping it turns around.  

I think a lot of the issues people may have with new boba centric series is they wiped out all the canon established for him, which made him a fan favorite. Which left him a blank slate. Which isn’t to say a bad thing…they just expected this to be more in-line with how Legends canon boba was depicted but with a twist and they didn’t get that. 

I don’t know. I don’t know much about Boba and I don’t care about him as a character. I thought this series could change that and it honestly really hasn’t in any way. I still think he’s cardboard cutout as fuck. Fennec is way more interesting in pretty much every way. 

hell, I appreciated and enjoyed the lore and mythos expansion of the Tusken’s and Rancors more than Boba’s. He’s just that boring 

Edited by iStu X
2 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Speaking of that.

Hide contents

I find curious that MAndo and the other Mando where having problems using the dark saber, while in previous meda we have seen people using it without any kind of issue 😅

It sems inconsistent, but at the same time, i am curious to where are they going with that.

Also, I was talking with my brother with how cool would be if the Bad Batch were to make an appearance on Mando season 3

Spoiler

Actually, Mando having problems with the dark saber is consistent with how it was used in Rebels. Sabine had the same issues when she had the dark saber. The weapon became lighter for her when she got more comfortable with it and the accepting the responsibly it represents. Din not wanting anything to do with the greater meaning of the saber is going to make it a bitch to use. 

1 hour ago, iStu X said:

hell, I appreciated and enjoyed the lore and mythos expansion of the Tusken’s and Rancors more than Boba’s. He’s just that boring

Exactly this. 

and for that entire arc with the Tuskens to just go up in smoke was a real let down. 

Again, the show is just "alright". I feel more meh about it than The Mandalorian. Mainly due to some of the lore being expanded upon. This isn't really doing anything interesting. Honestly, the show should have just been everything in the flashbacks. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124
38 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

and for that entire arc with the Tuskens to just go up in smoke was a real let down. 

I think it’ll play into Boba going to war with the Pykes. It’d be ridiculous to think otherwise. But the titular character shouldn’t have an arc that raises the stock of a different species more than himself. That just comes off to me as more evidence for why I shouldn’t give a fuck about Boba Fett. 

Edited by iStu X
6 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I think it’ll play into Boba going to war with the Pykes. It’d be ridiculous to think otherwise. But the titular character shouldn’t have an arc that raises the stock of a different species more than himself. That just comes off to me as more evidence for why I shouldn’t give a fuck about Boba Fett. 

Oh I am certain it will. I just feel like they smashed this season together just to get us to play with old toys with new accessories.

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Actually, Mando having problems with the dark saber is consistent with how it was used in Rebels. Sabine had the same issues when she had the dark saber. The weapon became lighter for her when she got more comfortable with it and the accepting the responsibly it represents. Din not wanting anything to do with the greater meaning of the saber is going to make it a bitch to use. 

You are right, dunno why that sliped out of my memory 😅

1 hour ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I just feel like they smashed this season together just to get us to play with old toys with new accessories.

Another hot take but this has been Star Wars since day 1, Star Wars fans just refuse to see and except it. 

George took merchandising instead of a cut from Fox for a reason. 

Edited by RSG3
2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yooo......this episode man. 

Reveal hidden contents

Bruh, we get Luke for almost the whole episode. An appearance by Ahsoka and fucking Cad Bane 😮

I really can't wait till we get away. 

It's a solid bridge, but a lot of heavy lifting . . . 

Spoiler

was done by another character. We are two eps deep and Boba Fett had no lines of dialogue. Your protagonist isn't really playing into the action. It'd be different if he was some sort of mastermind, but Fennec Shand is more of an interest and an impact.

Maybe it'll turn around but this is becoming frustrating. 

1 hour ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I really can't wait till we get away. 

It's a solid bridge, but a lot of heavy lifting . . . 

Reveal hidden contents

was done by another character. We are two eps deep and Boba Fett had no lines of dialogue. Your protagonist isn't really playing into the action. It'd be different if he was some sort of mastermind, but Fennec Shand is more of an interest and an impact.

Maybe it'll turn around but this is becoming frustrating. 

Well I heard going in that....

Spoiler

This was going to be Mandalorian Season 2.5 and apparently they weren't kidding. There would not be an issue if they handled the first 4 episodes with Boba better.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
12 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Well I heard going in that....

Hide contents

This was going to be Mandalorian Season 2.5 and apparently they weren't kidding. There would be an issue if the handled the first 4 episodes with Boba better.

This seems less like the The Book of Boba Fett and more like a gap filler of reasons. The first 3 eps got me into it and this now just feels like they got bored with the toys and want to play with the other stuff in the chest. 

This tweet is damning and relevant

Spoiler

Edited by OPTIMUS124
1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

This episode 

Hide contents

Seeing Luke and Ahsoka sharing a screen together is something I been waiting to see for a long time. It sucks that it was so brief because I want to see what kind of dynamic they would have. It's implied this isn't their first meeting so hopefully we will get to see them together again.

Cad Bane hype!

You can see the difference....

Spoiler

In Luke's special effects. They hired the guy that did a better deepfake of Luke from the Mando finale on Youtube. I was floored by the caliber of the special effects on Luke.

Basically I'm going to have to watch the show again when I get home.

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

This episode 

Reveal hidden contents

Seeing Luke and Ahsoka sharing a screen together is something I been waiting to see for a long time. It sucks that it was so brief because I want to see what kind of dynamic they would have. It's implied this isn't their first meeting so hopefully we will get to see them together again.

Cad Bane hype!

They came a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way. In many cases it was barely noticeable.

So…

Spoiler

Luke is a dick. 

“pick this armor your dad made you or join my cult”

PLEASE TELL ME MORE ABOUT YOUR PYRAMID SCHEME, LUKE! You shit ass. 

Also the Cad Bane scene was so chilling. Gimme more Wild West sci-fi. I don’t want space opera voodoo samurai shit.  

All I want is gunslinger gun running with Kaiju fights

Edited by iStu X
7 hours ago, iStu X said:

NANI?! 

Hide contents

Sorta. Luke says to Ashoka that he hasn’t taught him anything. He’s just helping grogu remember what he learned before order 66. 

There is no "sorta" here....

Spoiler

He's remembering  the Jedi training he received before at the Temple on Coruscant. Also re-training is still training. 

How last night's Book of Bobba Fett got me like for the rest of the week!!

Happy Lets Go GIF by Major League Soccer

Spoiler

Ashoka returns!!!
Luke returns!!!

AND THEY FINALLY MEET AND INTERACT!!!

That is some shit Star Wars fans have been dying to see for over a decade!!

And then Cade Bane returns and debuts in live action!
The OG Voice actor and all!! 

🤩🤩🤩

1 hour ago, CDB2k20 said:

How last night's Book of Bobba Fett got me like for the rest of the week!!

Happy Lets Go GIF by Major League Soccer

Hide contents

Ashoka returns!!!
Luke returns!!!

AND THEY FINALLY MEET AND INTERACT!!!

That is some shit Star Wars fans have been dying to see for over a decade!!

And then Cade Bane returns and debuts in live action!
The OG Voice actor and all!! 

🤩🤩🤩

. . . . then you realize it's "The Book of Boba Fett" 🤣

That last one is something that could have been developed that actually ties to the character. . . but a las

season 20 20x1 GIF by South Park

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

And don't care because it's the most entertained you've been by Star Wars in decades. Shout out to....

Hide contents

Shamook for the Deep Fake upgrade.

Frankly, the last episode was more impactful that this one. The stuff back in the original setting (including the end) was what made my heart speed up. 

The cameos are cheap tricks that I fear could run their course. In some cases, we know its a set up. This feels like we're in Phase 2 of the MCU's Infinity Saga.

Note, that's not saying that you can't bring characters in from other areas. I just hope it's more impactful than reasons.

Edited by OPTIMUS124
20 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Frankly, the last episode was more impactful that this one. The stuff back in the original setting (including the end) was what made my heart speed up. 

The cameos are cheap tricks that I fear could run their course. In some cases, we know its a set up. This feels like we're in Phase 2 of the MCU's Infinity Saga.

Note, that's not saying that you can't bring characters in from other areas. I just hope it's more impactful than reasons.

The characters have been more than cameos and have served to push the story of the new characters forward. Fioni and favreau is pulling a JJ Abrams here.