Stage Select

The Star Wars Thread: Where we discuss ALL of Star Wars

4 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

The characters have been more than cameos and have served to push the story of the new characters forward. Fioni and favreau is pulling a JJ Abrams here.

I've honestly only been enamored with one piece of Abrams work (no, it is not of this franchise). 

I think that was some of the charm of "The Mandalorian". It was more the aesthetic of the universe than bringing all of the universe into it. Like I said, I'm for it if we get them for impact. I really do wonder if the show was "recut" to include some of the things mentioned. The one at the end of the episode was frankly a chef's kiss. Tied to the character and is part of the overall motif of what the show seemed like it was always going for. 

17 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

By this point

Hide contents

I am expecting Omega and the Bad Batch showing to Star Wars Greatest Hits 🤣

Fans are gonna start calling the series "Now That's What I Call Star Wars".

EDIT - 

I love the ingenuity of the parts designers:

273148824_2716922348602768_6189162195519

273293550_2718133121815024_5274183814588

Those are about to sell out for no reason.

Edited by OPTIMUS124
16 hours ago, Hecatom said:

If true, then good riddance, fuck that idiot.

Yeah that dude is a piece of shit. He was getting away with attacking fans ad nauseum until he picked the wrong one. What kind of idiot would attack a survivor of childhood cancer that has a bigger subscriber count than the official Star Wars channel? Pablo that's who.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
43 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Fucking who?

He was basically head of the Lucasfilm Story Group. they are basically the ones that are supposed to know Star Wars lore in detail. They are supposed to help minimize any potential conflicts in the canon. As you can tell by my tone, they do a piss poor job.  His spot got blown up when mocked, and tried to pretend like he didn't, Star Wars Theory for crying when Luke appeared in the Mando finale.

For context, Star Wars Theory had cancer as a kid. Star Wars was one of the things they got him through and Luke was his favorite character. It was dick move. Especially because prior this SWT tried to stay out of all the drama. It drew a neutral party with the biggest Star Wars following on Youtube into the drama. His subscribers were none to pleased. It backfired so badly the Hidalgo gave a half ass non apology. Fans then pulled his Twitter history showing that this wasn't a one time thing. It was a regular occurrence, he just happened to mock the wrong guy for once.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

He was basically head of the Lucasfilm Story Group. they are basically the ones that are supposed to know Star Wars lore in detail. They are supposed to help minimize any potential conflicts in the canon. As you can tell by my tone, they do a piss poor job.  His spot got blown up when mocked, and tried to pretend like he didn't, Star Wars Theory for crying when Luke appeared in the Mando finale.

For context, Star Wars Theory had cancer as a kid. Star Wars was one of the things they got him through and Luke was his favorite character. It was dick move. Especially because prior this SWT tried to stay out of all the drama. It drew a neutral party with the biggest Star Wars following on Youtube into the drama. His subscribers were none to pleased. It backfired so badly the Hidalgo gave a half ass non apology. Fans then pulled his Twitter history showing that this wasn't a one time thing. It was a regular occurrence, he just happened to mock the wrong guy for once.

Don't really care for SWT post as he became a drama queen, but that incident was messed up. Hidalgo earned all the smoke.

I saw the finale before I went to work this morning.

Spoiler

It didn't feel it was good as the past two episodes. However, I think it's the best Boba Fett episode of The Book Of Boba Fett if that make sense. 

• Boba did some badass shit. Honestly my favorite Boba moment was when he sent the Twilek out to negotiate. It's was cold and curse the Pikes for not smoking his annoying ass.
  • Grogu shows up, unsurprisingly, but he had a couple cool moments. The coolest being saving daddy Djin from the droid.
  • Djin Djarin was well Djin Djarin.
  • Cad Bane died was still a bad ass. Boba got saved by his armor and his Tusken Gaffi Stick training.
  • Black Krsstan was a damned wookie terminator. 
  • It's not Agents of Shield but Ming Na is still the cavalry.

There is an after credits scene FYI.

19 hours ago, iStu X said:

That meme is fucking dumb because 2 things (actually more)

1) Most people who have pointed out how SW became political don't have a problem with Finn, most actually lament that he was wasted since the impression many had was that he was going to be a main character, a ex storm troopper becoming a jedi, something that many people thought it would have been cool.

2) There is a big difference with a work having political themes and being political.

Like the Xmen of old vs the actual story lines, there is a clear shift on how the political themes on the books are portrayed.

Let alone trying to make it seem like he has a problem with Finn which he never had.

If anything the problem many had is that Disney made a huge deal of casting Boyega as Finn just to waste his talent and his character as nothing more than a comic relief and a cheerleader for Rey.

25 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I saw the finale before I went to work this morning.

Hide contents

It didn't feel it was good as the past two episodes. However, I think it's the best Boba Fett episode of The Book Of Boba Fett if that make sense. 

• Boba did some badass shit. Honestly my favorite Boba moment was when he sent the Twilek out to negotiate. It's was cold and curse the Pikes for not smoking his annoying ass.
  • Grogu shows up, unsurprisingly, but he had a couple cool moments. The coolest being saving daddy Djin from the droid.
  • Djin Djarin was well Djin Djarin.
  • Cad Bane died was still a bad ass. Boba got saved by his armor and his Tusken Gaffi Stick training.
  • Black Krsstan was a damned wookie terminator. 
  • It's not Agents of Shield but Ming Na is still the cavalry.

There is an after credits scene FYI.

Spoiler

I am 100% convinced that the plot point for Mando season 3 will be Grogu becoming both a Mandalorian and a Jedi, and that all of this was a ploy of Luke to make it happen.

Both Feloni and Favreu grew up with the Expanded Universe, where Luke wasn't attached to the old teachings of the Jedi because is not what he learn and he knows that it was in part what lead to the problems.

I can see Luke doing this because he knows that letting Grogu stay at this moment would lead to disaster for both, so the best is to allow Grogu to return to Mando and grew more so he can return to him when he is ready.

Plus, i want to think that they eventually introduce Mara Jade

1 hour ago, iStu X said:

Finale made me 😂

Hide contents

Grogu making the baby Rancor take a nap and then him spooning along side it. 

after all the shit boba did to become a respected Daiymo he’s just like “this shit is weak sauce. Being a ruler isn’t what I thought it’d be and I’m bored, Fennec. Wanna bail?” 

And thing is....

Spoiler

He sent Fennec to merc the other crime bosses and she killed them along with the Pike leader. So he's stuck now. There would be a huge power vacuum that the Hutts would happily fill in he dipped out. People actually respect him now. He should enjoy it.

It's wild how I never cared much for Star Wars, but somehow Rogue One and The Mandalorian (and Boba to a lesser extent) got me hooked as a casual. That's a sign of good writing if you can get someone like me with limited experience of the franchise to tune in.

Something about the gritty western like vibe of those movies/shows call to me. Now I'll probably tune in to Obi Wan and Oshoka just due to good faith, I actually am looking forward to more Star Wars in the future as opposed to generally dismissing it 

Edited by HD-Man
3 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Not too familiar with that bounty hunter in the last two episodes of Boba Fett but they definitely need to bring him back, I feel like we didn't get enough of that character. He was rather enjoyable and I hate his run was so short

You mean Cad Bane?

Cad_Bane.jpg

He has been a mainstain character/antagonist on the 3 animated series.

Edited by Hecatom
38 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

How is it that these trailers have better lightsaber combat than the films?

So I actually think the ST has the best saber fights in the movies. The OTs are too wooden and stiff to actually be super hype and the PTs are so choreographed they look it. The ST looks like real fights. Real struggles and hits that look hard. 

The lightsaber fights are one of the STs stronger points imo. 

Edited by RSG3
22 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

So I actually think the ST has the best saber fights in the movies. The OTs are too wooden and stiff to actually be super hype and the PTs are so choreographed they look it. The ST looks like real fights. Real struggles and hits that look hard. 

The lightsaber fights are one of the STs stronger points imo. 

I can see that. The thing with TOR trailers are that the lightsaber is used in more dynamic ways. Sure we're in a game world, but it's far more inventive.