Stage Select

The Star Wars Thread: Where we discuss ALL of Star Wars

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
17 hours ago, RSG3 said:

She's a treasure. 

I know I’ve mentioned it before but Rosario Dawson use to be one of, if not my least favorite actress. Just something about her just always irritated the shit out of me. I hated every role she was In

However, once she was casted as Night Nurse in DareDevil she’s now one of my favorites. Every role I’ve seen her in from DD-On she’s absolutely fucking crushed. 

I honestly kinda feel it’s because she’s finally doing roles she wants to do and she’s letting her nerd flag fly. So she’s super comfortable but super dedicated to the role she’s being cast as because she loves those characters or that characters mythos or the character she’s playing second to and so on.

And you love to see shit like that. So bravo on her. 

Unrelated, what channels do you guys watch for Star Wars lore? I don’t want some three hour neck beard rant channel about how Kathleen Kennedy is fucking up the lore or whatever. But channels purely dedicated to lore and that’s it.  

I currently follow Geetsly’s, Metanerdz and The Supreme Wave but I’m sure there’s more out there 

Edited by iStu X
22 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

So they are still pretending the Rian Johnson Trilogy is going to happen? That's almost hilarious as Amber Heard's testimony.

Disney hasn't removed his page from the Star Wars public releases yet. They did that with the GoT team. I'm not saying that it will happen, but I certainly won't call it yet. Add that to the fact that Filoni and Johnson are cool, he's going to have some sort of hand in Star Wars even if it's not a full fledged trilogy. 

EDIT - 

In that article, KK states the position that recasting a role isn't a great idea and and they need to move on. 

To keep minting fans, Lucasfilm must give new generations their own collection of characters to love and hate, and not every classic character can be brought back endlessly anyway. Kennedy is well aware of all this now. In The Mandalorian and The Book of Boba Fett, Mark Hamill, 70, delivered performances as 30-something Luke Skywalker, but younger actors played Luke’s body while advanced deepfake technology replaced the face. Bringing Luke to life is now a team sport. But that tech has its limitations. So does recasting.

The 2018 movie Solo explored Han Solo’s younger years, with Alden Ehrenreich taking on the role of the smuggler originated by Harrison Ford. The film has its admirers, but it made less at the box office than any other live-action Star Wars movie. Solo’s swagger may be too singular for another actor to replicate. “There should be moments along the way when you learn things,” says Kennedy. “Now it does seem so abundantly clear that we can’t do that.”

To endure, Star Wars will need new actors, new characters, and a new era, vaulting away from the timeline as we know it.

Great News Reaction GIF by Regal

Edited by OPTIMUS124

Rian Johnson did some great fucking movies (Knives Out, Looper). TLJ suffered more from producers having zero vision for the trilogy (and not consulting Lucas) than Johnson making a bad movie. I think he'll do great if he gets a chance to do something completely new in the Star Wars universe instead of trying to hamfist old-balls Luke into a story shrouded in unopened mystery boxes and lens flares.

2 hours ago, Chadouken said:

Rian Johnson did some great fucking movies (Knives Out, Looper). TLJ suffered more from producers having zero vision for the trilogy (and not consulting Lucas) than Johnson making a bad movie. I think he'll do great if he gets a chance to do something completely new in the Star Wars universe instead of trying to hamfist old-balls Luke into a story shrouded in unopened mystery boxes and lens flares.

Add that to the fact that he created one of the highest rated episodes of TV drama ever made (Breaking Bad: Ozymandias). 

Regarding the post; I agree, especially with what's bolded. He deserves an honest second shot. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124

Giving Rian Johnson another Star Wars film is like the Democrats rolling out Hilary Clinton as their candidate in the presidential election. Instantly you have a significant portion of the audience that will dismiss anything he does off hand. You can overcome indifference in a consumer base. Overcoming disdain is nigh impossible. A video game example would be DmC. After Ninja Theory's comments about the original games in the series, there was a certain portion of the fanbase that wasn't buying that game no matter what.

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Giving Rian Johnson another Star Wars film is like the Democrats rolling out Hilary Clinton as their candidate in the presidential election. Instantly you have a significant portion of the audience that will dismiss anything he does off hand. You can overcome indifference in a consumer base. Overcoming disdain is nigh impossible. A video game example would be DmC. After Ninja Theory's comments about the original games in the series, there was a certain portion of the fanbase that wasn't buying that game no matter what.

I'm pretty sure he will be in the director's chair for one of these series. Let him gain rep and then formally announce a new story.  

Edited by OPTIMUS124
6 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Now I'm thinking of the game, everybody clowned it....until they played. I wish Shadows of the Empire would have come out that well. Poor Dash moved around like he was wearing Kula Diamond's ice-skates. 🤣

People clowned that game? It was on n64 right? I assume 2000? I remember loving that game.. Why did they clown it at first? 

3 minutes ago, Maxx said:

People clowned that game? It was on n64 right? I assume 2000? I remember loving that game.. Why did they clown it at first? 

People clowned Pod Racing in general. Then the game got announced and was met with "Pod Racing? Really". So it was funny to see it come out and  be excellent. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
38 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

People clowned Pod Racing in general. Then the game got announced and was met with "Pod Racing? Really". So it was funny to see it come out and  be excellent. 

Shit, I was one of those people until friends and the media kept saying it was good and found while no F Zero X it was a very good experience and wasn't the usual cash grab like Masters of Kasi or whatever the PS1 game was called.

I love that Podracer game. I have it for 64 and Dreamcast. Havent scooped the Switch Version yet tho, but yea, Pod Racer was dope. I never played the sequel tho, Sebulbas Revenge.

Man...The name Sebulba is wasted on that character. Super cool name on someone whose ohnly in the movie like 15 minutes. His design is really fire too.

One thing Star Wars has pretty much always done better then just about every other Sci Fi is alien diversity. Aliens can look like fucking anything in Star Wars.

Edited by RSG3

The GameWorks in Seattle had a Star Wars Pod Racer cab. It was one of the first things you saw when you walked in. The cab was massive. It was a 2P cab but the size of two 2P racing cabs put together since the sit down parts of the cab were the cock pits of pod racers. I think left side was anakin and right was sebulba. I can’t remember 

Edit: it was this but the seats were the pod racer cock pits

ED38B971-CFB8-4273-9A97-AFD8D5B4F4B0.jpeg

Edited by iStu X
1 minute ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Rogue One is the best of the Disney movies by a country mile. I really enjoyed it. That said, I have no interest in an Andor show.

Yea but that doesn't mean other people don't. I don't really but show might make him into someone worth caring about beyond the movie. Who knows. 

Whens Obi-Wan?