Stage Select

The Star Wars Thread: Where we discuss ALL of Star Wars

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

Rogue One is one of the better received Disney movies, probably hoping people will have a baked in interest since he was in a relatively well liked movie. 

People consider that movie "great" for one reason only. . .

The latter half is where it shines. Getting there is a bore. 

1 hour ago, TheInfernoman said:

The movie was excellent...but a series for this guy? eh....

This is exactly the problem. The characters in that movie didn't really have anything to flesh out. 

1 hour ago, TheInfernoman said:

they're going to have to give me more to make me care about this guy. The movie was excellent...but a series for this guy? eh....

I have seen this conspiracy theory that this series is part of their push for more content to try to attract latin americans to their platform.

Keep in mind that this theory comes from latin americans 🤣

1 minute ago, Hecatom said:

I have seen this conspiracy theory that this series is part of their push for more content to try to attract latin americans to their platform.

Keep in mind that this theory comes from latin americans 🤣

As a guy who does look into conspiracy theories, even this is news to me. They just need more latin space booty to pull in that crowd 🤣

I mean it isn't unheard of. All the major streamers with international platforms basically buy or create certain movies or shows aimed or made for certain audiences in different countries. I believe I saw an Asian drama advertised for Disney+ not too long ago.

Disney has had an initiative to try to appeal more to latinos in recent years with their products and the brands under them, like marvel for example.

The problem is that outside Encanto, they have been fucking up, like calling us latinxs, something that latin americans hate with passion 🤣

This series doesn't only have Diego Luna reprising his role from the movie, but he is also one of the producers, and it seems that it will also direct according to some sites.

And like Wellman said, it is something that has worked for Netflix.

Those Motherfuckers keep adding classic telenovelas and series from latin america that keep being on the top 10 for months because how beloved they are, like the original version of Ugly Betty.

I find the Obi-Wan show very weird. I don’t feel this is a spoiler but I find it odd that no one realizes who Kenobi is. He, Anakin and Mace were basically THE generals of the clone wars. There were Telenet or whatever reporters constantly covering and televising their feats during the war. 

how do people not realize he’s who he is?

Edited by iStu X
32 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I find the Obi-Wan show very weird. I don’t feel this is a spoiler but I find it odd that no one realizes who Kenobi is. He, Anakin and Mace were basically THE generals of the clone wars. There were Telenet or whatever reporters constantly covering and televising their feats during the war. 

I agree. Add that to a certain "revelation"  at the end of the second episode and you have to really wonder how news travels and is retained in this galaxy.

Personally I'm honestly kinda meh about this one. It's giving me fetch-quest vibes. 

34 minutes ago, iStu X said:

True but if I was next to a US general in line at the store I wouldn't know who it was. And if there are space drugs and alien hookers I'm probably not paying much attention to the news. 

Edited by Genghis_Dong
8 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I agree. Add that to a certain "revelation"  at the end of the second episode and you have to really wonder how news travels and is retained in this galaxy.

Personally I'm honestly kinda meh about this one. It's giving me fetch-quest vibes. 

Yeah. It’s kinda…dumb to be honest. I just got done with the first episode. 

the big positive for me is the little girl they got to play Leia. She so good. I love they made baby Leia such an absolute shitter but she still perfectly encompasses who Leia is at her core as an adult while reflecting how Anakin was as a child 

Edited by iStu X
6 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Yeah. It’s kinda…dumb to be honest. I just got done with the first episode. 

the big positive for me is the little girl they got to play Leia. She so good. I love they made baby Leia such an absolute shitter but she still perfectly encompasses who Leia is at her core as an adult while reflecting how Anakin was as a child 

I do wonder how this is gonna play out. After this current layout, I'm really hoping they push the envelope with the characters and narrative. 

5 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Add that to the fact that . . . 

Hide contents

Obi-Wan had no idea that Vader was still alive

Cary Elwes Laughing GIF

My BS flag went off one too many times in those two eps. 

Spoiler

Yeah. Didn’t the holo transmission from Palpatines office THAT OBIWAN WATCHED have audio of Anakin being christened Vader? 

6 hours ago, iStu X said:
  Hide contents

Yeah. Didn’t the holo transmission from Palpatines office THAT OBIWAN WATCHED have audio of Anakin being christened Vader? 

Not only that

Spoiler

You're practically #2 in the order of things. I just can't buy that is in 10 years he didn't know

Edited by OPTIMUS124
5 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Bruh, I finally watched Obi Wan. This writing is Z-Tier. 

Hide contents

Oh and Leia is annoying as fuck.

Yeah.

I feel the same, the writting feels weak, and is not helped by how annoying X is and how the 3rd sister Actress feels like she is acting badly.

Plus, she feels like it lacks the charisma to make her character work.

Edit

Also, it doesnt help that the media is already in damage control trying to call anyo0ne not liking her sexist/racist, and saying that she is better than Vade.

SMFH

Edited by Hecatom
On 5/27/2022 at 10:41 PM, OPTIMUS124 said:

That revelation doesn't make sense when you consider that

Spoiler

In canon only 4 people knew about that.

Even in the disney canon.

The only rationalization i can give is

Spoiler

That Vader purposefuly has manypulated the 3rd sister, revealing that he is Anakin, and groomed her hatred to make her hate Obi Wan, and manipulating her to be like she is, and to do what is doing to try to bring Obi Wan out of his  hiding.

Gonna say that knowing the leaked scrips and ending and seeing the show so far, it gives credence to said leaks, and i am preparing myself for another disappointment.

28 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Yeah.

I feel the same, the writting feels weak, and is not helped by how annoying X is and how the 3rd sister Actress feels like she is acting badly.

Plus, she feels like it lacks the charisma to make her character work.

Edit

Also, it doesnt help that the media is already in damage control trying to call anyo0ne not liking her sexist/racist, and saying that she is better than Vade.

SMFH

Plus (mini rant below)

Spoiler

As mentioned by other's Leia is supposed to be 10 and looks and acts like a 6 year old. 3rd Sister's character doesn't work as of now. Unless there some sort of explanation, disobedient dark side uses get bopped without prejudice. Failure is barely tolerated, outright defiance? No way. Obi Wan's struggling to catch a falling Leia with the force? Really? He's laying in wait to train Luke but he's let his basic skills atrophy that badly. Don't get me started on Inquisitors frequently being on Tatooine and not noticing Luke being with Owen. It's not like Luke is pretending to be their son.

While I'm ranting, this show got pushed back. I'm not talking COVID reasons. I mean the scripts were done, KK thought they weren't up to snuff, and they started from scratch. This is bad for compounding reasons. If this is better than the original scripts how the fuck were the original scripts allowed to get to the point of them filming before the reset button was hit. Why is the Lucasfilm story group even a thing? They are supposed to be there to prevent gaping plot holes being present. WTF? Are they doing some "did the devs even read the wiki" before releasing Mass Effect 3 type of shit?

Edited by Darc_Requiem
12 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Gonna say that knowing the leaked scrips and ending and seeing the show so far, it gives credence to said leaks, and i am preparing myself for another disappointment.

fail star wars GIF

It wouldn't surprise me given how Boba was handled. 

12 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Why is the Lucasfilm story group even a thing? They are supposed to be there to prevent gaping plot holes being present. WTF? Are they doing some "did the devs even read the wiki" before releasing Mass Effect 3 type of shit?

I really think that they got cocky and made a thing without any real thought put into it. After seeing Top Gun Maverick, it just brings The Force Awakens down another peg. Either TFA was a poorly constructed sequel or TGM has enough examples of "what not to do" that it was practically the perfect revival. 

EDIT

Can we talk about how in one shot the camera went from stable to shakey-cam for a fight?

Edited by OPTIMUS124

This Obi-Wan show is excellent. Easily my favorite SW show, and the best content to come out in a long time. I like it better than Mando so far, and that was a high bar. Love how they incorporated Leia, and her as a 10 year old kid is awesome. Love, love, love it. That kid actor nails it. 

And the reveal at the end of episode 2, holy shit! Can't wait to see how this one develops, but so far it's amazing 👍

26 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

This Obi-Wan show is excellent. Easily my favorite SW show, and the best content to come out in a long time. I like it better than Mando so far, and that was a high bar. Love how they incorporated Leia, and her as a 10 year old kid is awesome. Love, love, love it. That kid actor nails it. 

And the reveal at the end of episode 2, holy shit! Can't wait to see how this one develops, but so far it's amazing 👍

You’re such a shitter chad 

3 hours ago, Chadouken said:

Wait a minute, does everyone here not like the show? Everyone is laughing at me when I say I like it- y'all think I'm playing. I'm sincerely enjoying the hell out of it. Fuck my ass, this is gonna be TLJ all over again, isn't it? Better get ready for a shitstorm of internet hate again. Y'all dragged me over the coals for saying I liked TLJ 😂

Chad I will fight you. 

19 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Told you.

They will try to deflect any criticism about the series with racism and sexism.

Sure she ain't it in this role, but someone saying "You're not the only nigga in Star Wars" or "you got this job as a diversity hire" is some solid evidence for racism against her. You can be critical of her acting and not have it playout like this:

20 hours ago, Hecatom said:

https://www.eonline.com/news/1332907/star-wars-releases-statement-against-racism-in-support-of-moses-ingram

Told you.

They will try to deflect any criticism about the series with racism and sexism.

They are PREDICTABO.

Star Wars is standing up for its newest Inquisitor. 

After Moses Ingram—who plays former Jedi-turned-Imperial Inquisitor Reva Sevander in Disney+'s Obi-Wan Kenobi—received racist and hateful messages online following the May 27 series premiere, the franchise stood up for her on social media.

This is literally the first few lines. She was getting hate, and they put out those statements. Unless the article is wrong, this isn't them deflecting criticism. It's them saying "fuck off" to racists plain and simple.

Edited by axeman61

I mentioned this on discord and I stand by it 

I don’t think she’s (Moses Ingram) all that great, tbh. I know she’s classically trained actress and has been in all these great things. Which is fine and great. But all her lines are just so cringely delivered to me and she steals the scenes for all the wrong reasons. 

it was genuinely a struggle to get through her scenes because they were so horrible to me. You can be a great actor/actress in one aspect, genre whatever but be shit in others. No actor is perfect.  

I don’t really think she fits Star Wars. 

Edited by iStu X