Stage Select

The Star Wars Thread: Where we discuss ALL of Star Wars

Honeslty, I give zero fucks about Andor. I never understood why this dude is getting a show. Honestly what made Andor interesting enough? Chris G was a more memorable character in Rogue One for me. The dude was just there. As for the political "revelations", who thought it was good idea to broadcast this ahead of time. Put out your show and let it speak for itself. They lost half the potential audience before the show even dropped. There was literally no positive outcome that could be had. So why say it?

Edit:

Edited by Darc_Requiem
Just now, Darc_Requiem said:

Honeslty, I give zero fucks about Andor. I never understood why this dude is getting a show. Honestly what made Andor interesting enough? Chris G was a more memorable character in Rogue One for me. The dude was just there. As for the political "revelations", who thought it was good idea to broadcast this ahead of time. Put out your show and let it speak for itself. They lost half the potential audience before the show even dropped. There was literally no positive outcome that could be had. So why say it?

Virtue signaling.

And preemptively creating an excuse for when the show fails 🤣

11 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Honeslty, I give zero fucks about Andor.

This I can agree with. I don't really care about this character, and none of the trailers have made the show compelling. That interview is an attempt to make the show look compelling by talking about the shows themes, and that's fine, just...the trailer coulda done that to. The interview should be to reinforce the themes the trailer presents to us but it's just a bunch of short fade in fade outs that tell you nothing. 

The art of good trailer making is pretty dead these days, they've lost sight of the line of "Tell them enough to compelled them, but not enough to spoil" and they fuck it up on both sides of that spectrum. Yea Andor trailer spoils nothing but it also tells me dick and squat and that's a problem too.

Edited by RSG3

I honestly enjoyed a lot of the Bobba Fett portions of the Book of Bobba Fett. But it was flawed and probably could have been better served coming out after Disney + loosened their content restrictions this Spring to show a more grittier tale. 

It did fail in that I now sort of like Mando and Grogu less then I did at the end of season 2.

Spoiler

Them getting together so quick and in another series feels more like a regression then development. Although the struggles to use the Dark Saber are cool to see.

5 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I don’t even know who Andor is.Rogue One was such a forgettable movie. I literally remember nothing about Rogue One except the Vader Hallway scene. 

He's the one who helps Jyn get the plans for the Death Star and dies with her at the end. He's one of the main characters, the guy with the droid K2. K2 actually stole the show, imo.

Edited by Chadouken
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2022 at 5:40 PM, iStu X said:

I don’t even know who Andor is.Rogue One was such a forgettable movie. I literally remember nothing about Rogue One except the Vader Hallway scene. 

Dude Rogue One was the best SW movie since the original trilogy 😂

Must say tho am not interested in Andor at all, will probably end up trash like the rest of the series, am thinking with the exception of the world building of Mandalorian S1 its all been a whiff.

I am willing to give Andor a shot, unlike certain other shows they feel like they are/were aiming at the older audiences and not the family friendly pack the other shows found themselves in.

It will piss me off as a Bobba Fett fan if this show does get to go to all gritty and dark places I was hoping Mando/Book of Bobba Fett would have gone in the Star Wars universe.

13 hours ago, Crucades said:

Ok am gonna need to eat my words, Andor is pretty legit and in the same style as Rogue One.

A few let down with a few cartoon characters (Syril Karen) but otherwise a very serviceable thriller.

Just goes to show the SW universe is pretty decent when you remove the force, lightsabers, family drama and everything else it's actually famous for 😂

I am in the same boat. This seems to put the WAR in STAR WARS

I think you can have all those things, but don't rely on it as the ONLY things to go off of. It's a galaxy after all. 

10 hours ago, Chadouken said:

I'm two episodes in and loving it so far. Way darker and grittier than typical Star Wars. I like seeing the build-up of Kassa's past in flashbacks, and in general it's nice to see something less operatic in this universe. I really hope K2 is in this show, with the same actor. He's one of my favorite Star Wars characters.

The flashbacks are done extremely well. You just have to wonder why Boba did it so terribly. 

1 hour ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

The flashbacks are done extremely well. You just have to wonder why Boba did it so terribly. 

I honestly liked the flashback better than the present day. There were interesting. It seemed like they'd lead to something and....nothing. They were just a waste of damn time 😑 As for Andor, I may check it out. In no rush.  Hopefully, like House of the Dragon, I enjoy it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2022 at 12:57 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

I honestly liked the flashback better than the present day. There were interesting. It seemed like they'd lead to something and....nothing. They were just a waste of damn time 😑 As for Andor, I may check it out. In no rush.  Hopefully, like House of the Dragon, I enjoy it. 

I was in the same boat. The problem was they took place whenever he was taking a bacta-bath. Season 1 should have just been the flashbacks. Have his rise to power in the following season. 

Andor this week was still great. The show looks great, it's acted well, and it's paced in a way that keeps you engaged throughout the episode. 

Another good week for Andor. Seriously, this show does practically everything right. This looks to be the closing to this "Act" of the season. 

Not sure if it's the fact that I had -35 fuqs to give this series, but man has it been something glorious. If this is the caliber of story that we are going to get going forward, we may be entering the golden age. 

1 hour ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Another good week for Andor. Seriously, this show does practically everything right. This looks to be the closing to this "Act" of the season. 

Not sure if it's the fact that I had -35 fuqs to give this series, but man has it been something glorious. If this is the caliber of story that we are going to get going forward, we may be entering the golden age. 

I just finished it. Definitely my favorite SW show. 

5 hours ago, Chadouken said:

I just finished it. Definitely my favorite SW show. 

For what's been produced, I'd have to agree. This adds the "war" back into "Star Wars". 

I can't speak on the animated shows (sans Visions), but for live action - 

The Mandalorian felt like "The Boba Fett show but with a new paint job".

The Book of Boba Fett didn't really warrant an existence at its conclusion.

This series  is on a Top Gun: Maverick content elevation kick. In terms of TV shows, never have I been so proud to have been so wrong. 

My new favorite Star Wars theory is that Anakin Jedi Mind Tricked Padme into loving him. I love it because it's said by self righteous dickbags who want to blame their entire relationship on Anakin and make her have 0 responsibility for the shit that happened. 

The reason I love it is because in their rush to make her blameless they removed all her agency turning her into a prop, AND they are calling her stupid since the Mind Trick really only works on weak minds. 

Literally shitting on her in their desperate attempt to defend her. Hilarious. 

The people who come for Padme saying she groomed Anakin are just as hilariously stupid. 

Edited by RSG3