Stage Select

The Star Wars Thread: Where we discuss ALL of Star Wars

Posted (edited)

Honeslty, I give zero fucks about Andor. I never understood why this dude is getting a show. Honestly what made Andor interesting enough? Chris G was a more memorable character in Rogue One for me. The dude was just there. As for the political "revelations", who thought it was good idea to broadcast this ahead of time. Put out your show and let it speak for itself. They lost half the potential audience before the show even dropped. There was literally no positive outcome that could be had. So why say it?

Edit:

Edited by Darc_Requiem
Just now, Darc_Requiem said:

Honeslty, I give zero fucks about Andor. I never understood why this dude is getting a show. Honestly what made Andor interesting enough? Chris G was a more memorable character in Rogue One for me. The dude was just there. As for the political "revelations", who thought it was good idea to broadcast this ahead of time. Put out your show and let it speak for itself. They lost half the potential audience before the show even dropped. There was literally no positive outcome that could be had. So why say it?

Virtue signaling.

And preemptively creating an excuse for when the show fails 🤣

11 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Honeslty, I give zero fucks about Andor.

This I can agree with. I don't really care about this character, and none of the trailers have made the show compelling. That interview is an attempt to make the show look compelling by talking about the shows themes, and that's fine, just...the trailer coulda done that to. The interview should be to reinforce the themes the trailer presents to us but it's just a bunch of short fade in fade outs that tell you nothing. 

The art of good trailer making is pretty dead these days, they've lost sight of the line of "Tell them enough to compelled them, but not enough to spoil" and they fuck it up on both sides of that spectrum. Yea Andor trailer spoils nothing but it also tells me dick and squat and that's a problem too.

Edited by RSG3

Real talk, if I wasn't tuned into the franchise and saw the movies, the trailer honestly did not let me know it is about anyone one person named Andor. That being said, it look like there maybe more potential then the last two shows which were enjoyable but flawed.