Stage Select

The Star Wars Thread: Where we discuss ALL of Star Wars

30 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Which is super unfortunate because it's the best content under their ownership imo.

It is a current trend in all their shows, not only SW, the same is happening with Marvel, where every show gets waaaaaaaaaay less views than the previous one.

So far, the only exception is Werewolf by Night, that people say is so good that rumors has it that it surpassed the 100 million views by the 20th.

The rumor even says that its success is starting to prompt changes inside Disney.

Caught up on Andor. If they stick the landing on this show, it's the best thing Disney has done with the franchise. There is a scene between two actors that state the difficulty with the Rebellion and it's top notch.

This week's ep "Nobody's Listening" had the perfect closing moment. The worst part about the series, is that it'll likely never see a home release. 

On 10/25/2022 at 8:25 PM, Hecatom said:

It is a current trend in all their shows, not only SW, the same is happening with Marvel, where every show gets waaaaaaaaaay less views than the previous one.

So far, the only exception is Werewolf by Night, that people say is so good that rumors has it that it surpassed the 100 million views by the 20th.

The rumor even says that its success is starting to prompt changes inside Disney.

I really enjoyed Werewolf. I remember thinking i was surprised it was so well done. It's almost like a return to form for Marvel.  

As for Andor i think i'll check it out. I'll be honest,after Obi Wan i really lost faith on Disney+ SW. I mean if they could mess up an iconic character like Obi Wan,what hope is there for one off Andor?? 

20 minutes ago, Counterstrike said:

I really enjoyed Werewolf. I remember thinking i was surprised it was so well done. It's almost like a return to form for Marvel.  

As for Andor i think i'll check it out. I'll be honest,after Obi Wan i really lost faith on Disney+ SW. I mean if they could mess up an iconic character like Obi Wan,what hope is there for one off Andor?? 

Andor has the benefit of not being a show where KK and the story group had any hand on it.

Basically the same of what happened with Mandalorian.

Where the people in charge had creative freedom, and it shows.

Something similar happened with Werewolf by Night.

It was a show that have the benefit of being seen as a small project, so Marvel/Disney didn't interfere much with the show, so the creator had the chance of expressing his singular vision instead of what is usually happening now where everything is done by committee.

10 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Caught up on Andor. If they stick the landing on this show, it's the best thing Disney has done with the franchise. There is a scene between two actors that state the difficulty with the Rebellion and it's top notch.

I agree, man. I think this is better than the prequel trilogy, too. I've always just accepted that Empire = BAD. But this show actually shows the true evil nature of them in a way that hasn't ever been as effective. The way they nonchalantly commit murder and even genocide. The show does an excellent job of presenting the struggle people had as the Empire began to close it's fist. From the perspectives of common people all the way up to the Galactic Senate. It's fucking intense!

Minor spoiler about location :

Spoiler

I also really like how Coruscant is portrayed in this series during the Empire's reign. It looks much more oppressive under Imperial influence than it did in the PT movies.  Really cool seeing a return to such an important Star Wars location. 

Werewolf by Night is dope as fuck cause I’ve always loved the magic, mysticism, and occult side of Marvel. Blade, Elsa Bloodstone, Moon Knight, Ghost Rider, Brother Voodoo, Magik, Pixie, Loki, Man-Thing, Daemon Helstrom and so on. 

The old horror comics of Marvel were really good too. Tomb of Dracula was one of their top sellers for yeaaaaars. Especially the Marv Wolfman era. if you look back and read the stories it’s easy to understand why. 

Edited by iStu X
On 11/4/2022 at 2:39 AM, Chadouken said:

I just finished Tales of the Jedi. Good shit 👍

I just finished it this evening in a single sitting. 

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

I was watching it with my niece and wasn't expecting it to be as serious as it was. I really appreciate how the more recent content is pushing the nuances of each side instead of it being pure good and evil. 

As a side, when we started the first episode, at about five minutes in my niece (11 yrs old) asks me "I hope this doesn't kick me out of the family, but what is Star Wars". 

Happy Very Funny GIF by Disney Zootopia

1. I let her know that it's OK to ask questions especially if you don't know. 

2. I summarized it as a science fiction/fantasy story about the ideas of morality, family, and personal connections. 

That brings up an interesting question - How would you describe the entirety of Star Wars to someone who isn't familiar with it. 

EDIT - She loved it by the way. Now the real question . . .456123 or 123456?

Edited by OPTIMUS124
  • 3 weeks later...

I just finished Andor S1.

Pros:

This show makes the world more morally gray than many SW projects with both the rebels and Empire doing both altruistic and selfish things.

From Mothma to Cyril, characters of high and low position get some character development.

SFX/Set design

Music. Its not a John Williams clone, but somewhat low key and gritty which is a nice change of pace.

Cons

First two episodes are a bit slow.

I would have liked more scenes with Andor and Luthen (Skarsgaard) together.

Overall: 8/10

Tied with Mandalorian as my favorite of the SW tv shows I've seen.