Stage Select

The Star Wars Thread: Where we discuss ALL of Star Wars

@Hecatom

What I liked about...

Spoiler

Cody being present is that shows something that's been talked about a lot. The guilt a lot of Clone Troopers felt about Order 66. They were forced to kill people that were comrades and friends. I can only imagine the trauma. Cody and Obi Wan were tight. Palpatine "flips a switch" and his trying to gun to down one of his closest comrades. 

Just now, Darc_Requiem said:

@Hecatom

What I liked about...

Hide contents

Cody being present is that shows something that's been talked about a lot. The guilt a lot of Clone Troopers felt about Order 66. They were forced to kill people that were comrades and friends. I can only imagine the trauma. Cody and Obi Wan were tight. Palpatine "flips a switch" and his trying to gun to down one of his closest comrades. 

Agree.

Spoiler

You can tell that is something that weights on him.
not only the O66, but also all the stuff done pre and post empire, where he sees that the war to bring peace was just a sham in the end.
Now, for the dialogue I don't know if they are implying that at least for Cody, the O66 is something that he feels it was a decision made on his own accord or not.
I think it isn't but I wouldn't fault someone to get the idea that the programming was so deep on them that betraying the jedis was something that more than not having an option, was something that they felt it was something they choose to do, which would be even more traumatic for them, since they will harbor feelings of guilt all while rationalizing it as something they did because they thought it was the right thing to do at the time.

Another thing that I liked is that Cody helped to introduce a concept to Crosshair, that they are more than just killing machines to follow orders blindly.
You can see that Crosshair is slowly but steadily getting more and more conflicted with his own pov, that they have to always follow orders.

Man, I wish that the series was allowed to be like this more often.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/2/2023 at 9:46 AM, OPTIMUS124 said:

Mando S3E1

It was fine. 

This show constantly reminds me that it would have been a stellar video game. The first episode is literally

• Cool Character intro 
  • Sets up main story quest
    • Sets up two sub-quests
  • End of Chapter 1

Oh - It's also on 30 min long.

I find humorous how a lot of people consider it mid at best (Personally I think it wasn't bad, but I can see why some people would feel it had some elements tht were worth criticizing like cinematography in some scenes for example)  but don't talk about an interesting detail, in how when showing all the helmets, there is one that is missing, Kylo's helmet.

And apparently, this change was made with KK not knowing since it was between Favreu, Iger and Felloni

6 hours ago, Hecatom said:

I find humorous how a lot of people consider it mid at best (Personally I think it wasn't bad, but I can see why some people would feel it had some elements tht were worth criticizing like cinematography in some scenes for example)  but don't talk about an interesting detail, in how when showing all the helmets, there is one that is missing, Kylo's helmet.

And apparently, this change was made with KK not knowing since it was between Favreu, Iger and Felloni

I'll say that the one thing the show did that was pretty cool was play the intro for how our hero came to be along with showcasing his awesomeness.

I've been pretty consistent in saying that it's Star Wars comfort food.  There really isn't much there (at this point) in Season 3 to have me emotionally engaged to write something more lengthy. I'm engaged enough to keep tuning in though. 

Also the helmet thing, They replaced it with Bo-Katan, The Armorer, IG-11, and Scout Trooper. They are all characters who have more of a presence in this world than Kylo Ren. Now, do I rule out that KK was not briefed, no. However, this seems like people are really trying to make something out of nothing. It seems less like a gotcha and more of a creative shift (e.g, Bad Batch, Tales of the Jedi, etc). 

Edited by OPTIMUS124

Speaking of Mando

Spoiler

With my brother we are theorizing that perhaps this season will either stablish Bokatan as the leader by defeating the Mythosaur or it will be Din Djarin who will kill it stablishing him as the leader.

I am more inclined to the former, but who knows.
I also think that perhaps this season will try to introduce a conflict for him where he finally learns to go his way instead of the sect/cult like version of his group.
I don't see him becoming a leader as part of it, but perhaps being more of a pseudo right hand for both Bokatan and Greef

Spoiler

Seems like that's the theme of the season. What makes you a Mandolorian? What does it mean to even be one? Similar to how some sects of religion are say Christian in name only VS being a true follower of the teachings. Din won't be a leader because that was never something he desired. 

Also 

Spoiler

Bad Batch was great. Crosshairs showing he's not truly heartless. He does care to a degree about his fellow brothers and seeing his need to take out an officer that showed no sympathy for him or Mayday felt satisfying. I don't expect Crosshairs to go right back to the squad but rather be a lone wolf who pops in to help when goals are lined up (like Asajj Ventress) 

11 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Both Bad Batch and Mandalorian had good episodes this week.

BB was mostly a breather before what I assume is everything going to shit for the end of the season, and Mando a episode establishing problems in the New Republic and how they operate, plus already laying seeds for upcoming conflicts and problems on the season.

Yes, but hear me out . . . 

335644285_258867753129656_66042566514039

13 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Both Bad Batch and Mandalorian had good episodes this week.

BB was mostly a breather before what I assume is everything going to shit for the end of the season, and Mando a episode establishing problems in the New Republic and how they operate, plus already laying seeds for upcoming conflicts and problems on the season.

I never trusted that chick from Gideon's ship. She looked sus from the beginning. Pershing should have trusted his gut. Bo Katan  in the Mandalorian Enclave is going to be interesting...

So did anyone else just feel good for...

Mandalorian Episode 4 related

Spoiler

Ahmed Best, he got to be a bad ass Jedi. It was fucking cool. I recognized his face but I couldn't remember where. Then I saw his name in the credits. He was the bad ass Jedi that saved Grogu. Good for him. To go from Jar Jar to a Jedi that survived the Order 66 assault on the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. He was wrecking Clone Troopers while wielding two lightsabers. Bravo John and Dave. Bravo! 👍🏾👍🏾

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Question for anyone that saw the newest Episode of Bad Batch

Spoiler

Is the female scientist a clone? Her accent reminds me of Omega. She's clearly a double agent. At first I thought she left Crosshair an opening to escape, so he'd call the rest of Clone Force 99 so they could capture him. However the head scientist, name escapes me, clearly had no idea what she'd done. Then there is the matter who leaked the transport ships location to Echo and his team. I'm guessing it was her. Echo said they had source. Am I overthinking this? It's something I tend to do. 🤔

13 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Question for anyone that saw the newest Episode of Bad Batch

Reveal hidden contents

Is the female scientist a clone? Her accent reminds me of Omega. She's clearly a double agent. At first I thought she left Crosshair an opening to escape, so he'd call the rest of Clone Force 99 so they could capture him. However the head scientist, name escapes me, clearly had no idea what she'd done. Then there is the matter who leaked the transport ships location to Echo and his team. I'm guessing it was her. Echo said they had source. Am I overthinking this? It's something I tend to do. 🤔

Spoiler

I don't think she is a clone, and TBH, at the moment I don't know if she could be the mole, but it is interesting that she seems to be concerned about Crosshair.

Regarding Mando

Spoiler

I have to say that I expected Paz Visla to be antagonistic towards Bo this season, but he seems rather chill, and now that she helped him save his kid, I doubt he would be an issue.

Also, I am more convinced that this season will try to plant the seeds that Bo will be more willing to join Dinn's group.
I still don't know if they will do the opposite with him, but Bo seems to be adjusting more and more to them, specially after being abandoned by the Owls.

Edited by Hecatom
18 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

So did anyone else just feel good for...

Mandalorian Episode 4 related

Hide contents

Ahmed Best, he got to be a bad ass Jedi. It was fucking cool. I recognized his face but I couldn't remember where. Then I saw his name in the credits. He was the bad ass Jedi that saved Grogu. Good for him. To go from Jar Jar to a Jedi that survived the Order 66 assault on the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. He was wrecking Clone Troopers while wielding two lightsabers. Bravo John and Dave. Bravo! 👍🏾👍🏾

The SW redemption arc at its finest.  

BTW.

A little bird floating around revealed that Lucas Films is in deep trouble after the producer Sued the Acolyte production, they are being audited at corporate level, since things are not adding up in terms of where is the money going.

Then add that the producer that is suing, is a friend/acquaintance from Bob Iger, she is a high profile producer, and this is a really bad thing for Disney as a whole, since it is not going to arbitration as this things usually go.

Be careful of Mando spoilers. I already watched the episode but I see an easter egg has already been spoiled on Twitter.

Spoiler

Mando episode was pretty cool. Swamp Thing got cancelled again, dude can't catch a break 😉 Looks like they are going to try to unite all the Mandalorians. The Armorer clearly believed Bo about the Mythosaur. I mean she actually requested Bo take off her helmet. Before asking to help unite the clans. Also, Moff Gideon was seemingly saved by Mandalorians. I wonder which clan. 🤔 Also seeing Zeb from Rebels in "live action" voiced by Steve Blum was pretty damn cool.

As for Bad Batch

Spoiler

Damn, they killed Tech. I mean you don't see the body but from that height.....😔 I started to think, they aren't going to really kill him. Then I remembered how earlier in the episode Phee expressed romantic interest in him and I knew he was doomed. Having a girl waiting back home is the path to death in media when you are a soldier.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
18 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Be careful of Mando spoilers. I already watched the episode but I see an easter egg has already been spoiled on Twitter.

Reveal hidden contents

Mando episode was pretty cool. Swamp Thing got cancelled again, dude can't catch a break 😉 Looks like they are going to try to unite all the Mandalorians. The Armorer clearly believed Bo about the Mythosaur. I mean she actually requested Bo take off her helmet. Before asking to help unite the clans. Also, Moff Gideon was seemingly saved by Mandalorians. I wonder which clan. 🤔 Also seeing Zeb from Rebels in "live action" voiced by Steve Blum was pretty damn cool.

As for Bad Batch

Reveal hidden contents

Damn, they killed Tech. I mean you don't see the body but from that height.....😔 I started to think, they aren't going to really kill him. Then I remembered how earlier in the episode Phee expressed romantic interest in him and I knew he was doomed. Having a girl waiting back home is the path to death in media when you are a soldier.

Spoiler

TBH, I am 85% sure he is still alive.
The fact that Hemlock says the googles were the only thing they could recover makes me think that he managed to escape.
Perhaps with the help of the group of Saw Gerrera

6 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Oh one more thing about the Bad Batch.

Hide contents

Hemlock's female assistant is a clone.

Spoiler

indeed, lol